Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Aaaaa I see the y's of my happy birthday behind his shoulder, thanks!
e: I see the whole thing in the pic above, awesome! Mine's the one that says from Kentucky, but I don't know if it's readable

GidgetNomates fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 24, 2012

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!

Fickle Fascination posted:

The fax in the top-left corner looks like Keep Calm And Kacho On, but I just can't tell from the stream...

Oh yes I think you're right! A deserving fax, Im glad it got through :)

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Mine is the one with the England and Japan flags next to each other :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

The fax in the top-left corner looks like Keep Calm And Kacho On, but I just can't tell from the stream...

Sorry, I love the image you made but but I don't think it's a match.

It is very cool seeing so many goons' faxes on the show though.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

edit: worth seeing twice :cool:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, Atlas is a goddamn hero for his stream. Which is still running. And I'm still watching it. I'm doomed. I'll probably fall asleep in the mid-afternoon or something, and with my luck, barely make it to my location shoot tomorrow morning augh.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Just wondering, where are the HQ screencaps coming from? Is there a better stream out there than the one at justin.tv?

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Freshverse dude, you're a godsend. Right about the time you jumped in to apologize, the justin.tv stream had just started giving me the "too many viewers in your country" error. (I had been watching for hours, accidentally clicked a link that took me away, and when I came back, every 2 minutes.)

So thank you. Thank you very, very much.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how far did he make it into Pilotwings? You can use a spoiler tag if you want.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Nill posted:

Arino rocking the Tom Cruise look.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
I'll throw in a thank you to Freshverse too. This stream is fantastic. Sadly I only started watching about an hour ago. Did I see mention that the network is rebroadcasting once this eventually ends?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

drat, the ancient fax machine in work isn't working at all. I wanted to send this:

Though it's probably not a reference that would be familiar in Japan anyway. Ah well.

These all belong in the OP.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Edison Carter posted:

I'll throw in a thank you to Freshverse too. This stream is fantastic. Sadly I only started watching about an hour ago. Did I see mention that the network is rebroadcasting once this eventually ends?

Is anyone going to stream the rebroadcast? I'd love to see what I missed

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

zari-gani posted:

Nearly 9 AM. Looks like there's 50 seconds left in the live show...for the sake of the rerun. But they're gonna hold an extension. Huzzah!

By the way, this is the box I was referring to when I said I think I know what it holds. I was right!

Sorry, from last page, but I have a goober publishing question: so you printed out your image, mounted it and shipped it flat? That must have cost a fortune!

I also love Emoto as the ref, with his stripes pealing off. Tremendous. Tremendous!

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Sorry, I love the image you made but but I don't think it's a match.

It is very cool seeing so many goons' faxes on the show though.

Yeah it does look alot like mine, I put a Union Jack at the top and the wrote happy birthday and a plea for him to come to europe in SMB's font.

Though I wish they'd put Keep Calm and Kacho On instead, it works perfectly.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Rirse posted:

So how far did he make it into Pilotwings? You can use a spoiler tag if you want.

You're not too late to join in the fun! It's not a question of DID he; much more like HAS he THUSFAR.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Jimmy Colorado posted:

Sorry, from last page, but I have a goober publishing question: so you printed out your image, mounted it and shipped it flat? That must have cost a fortune!

Nah, I sent them a digital file and then I guess they had it printed out somewhere.

GidgetNomates posted:

Once the raw file for this special is available, I'd like to translate some of the highlights. And I'm betting the show will probably do a recap of the whole thing in one of the episodes as a side segment.

And yeah, huge thanks to Atlas for the stream!

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

abraxas posted:

Thanks a LOT for providing this. [...] Even if it had a few hickups here or there, the stream has been amazingly stable and fine and I'm more than happy to be able to watch this reliably!

Emalde posted:

Thanks for helping to provide the service. I had never seen such a ridiculously clean and smooth japanese broadcast stream before someone pointed you guys out.

Edison Carter posted:

Allen Wren posted:

Yeah, Atlas is a goddamn hero for his stream.

Edison Carter posted:

I'll throw in a thank you to Freshverse too. This stream is fantastic.

I'm going to tear up. I'm just glad everything is running fine. I wish I had gotten an account a while back, I've been lurking for the longest time. We've had GCCX every week and no one knew about it, haha...

GidgetNomates posted:

I'll probably leave it on for the repeat if it starts immediately after.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

shrgnatlas posted:

I'm going to tear up. I'm just glad everything is running fine. I wish I had gotten an account a while back, I've been lurking for the longest time. We've had GCCX every week and no one knew about it, haha...

I'll probably leave it on for the repeat if it starts immediately after.

I kinda wanna hug you right now. Your site is going to be quite the regular on my boxee box. :)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Echoing that the stream is great, and big thanks to everyone behind it.

Arino really isn't half bad at this flying malarkey - it's just the landings that catch him out. I understand his pain.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Why does he keep skipping that last ring? Going through it sets you up perfectly for the landing.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Dominic White posted:

Arino really isn't half bad at this flying malarkey - it's just the landings that catch him out. I understand his pain.

I really gotta disagree with you here. He's not doing horribly but it's like he's completely resistant to learning from his mistakes. After stalling the plane before the landing 100 times because he slowed down too much and pulled up again for no reason, even Arino has to get it at some point. I keep yelling at my monitor here. STOP GOING SO FAR TO THE RIGHT AND SLOWING DOWN SO MUCH!!!!

Doesn't mean I don't love watching him do this over and over again :shobon:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I awoke to find the thread three hundred responses higher and two stream links posted. Guhh... :suicide:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Looks so barren now... :ohdear:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

I laughed when they cut to that. It's like they really will just leave them standing there.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Man, I completely forgot about this! I'm sad I missed it. Catching up on the board posts gives me the feeling I missed amazing moments.

Edit: Oh wait, this is STILL going? Yay! Funny despite not understanding a single word that is being spoken, I can get the general gist of what they're saying.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 24, 2012

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
Thank goodness that level is over.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Edison Carter posted:

I kinda wanna hug you right now. Your site is going to be quite the regular on my boxee box. :)

ひみつの嵐ちゃん! is on locally at the same time GCCX airs weekly, (Thursday 10:00 PM) so we usually have to air GCCX on Saturdays for the repeat. If I don't, I get a bunch of hate from a horde of Arashi fans. The schedule for the next month 1/2 is a little weird though, with only one episode two weeks from now before the break between seasons.

I'll keep people updated in this thread I guess the day before each stream or whatever, I'm really bad with managing my time. :(

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Oh my God he's finally through Area 7.

Also, if anyone cares, that "happy birthday" tune is from Happy Birthday by Q;Indivi.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I think I'm at my limit for how much Pilotwings I can watch, even in the background. :)

Saffycat
Feb 13, 2008
Saffy and adorable!
Tiny plane on a stick :3:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Saffycat posted:

Tiny plane on a stick :3:

Arts & Crafts Time! :neckbeard:

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

The rocket belt song is going to haunt me for a long time.

Saffycat
Feb 13, 2008
Saffy and adorable!
I saw that crash coming a mile away as soon as he paused it.
Oh Arino, you will never learn.

I can't believe I've been watching this for 6 hours now.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
Extensive Planning

Immediate Failure

Game Center CX

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Nill posted:

Looks so barren now... :ohdear:

Poor Arino...

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

shrgnatlas posted:

Poor Arino...

Not even King Slime for company. :(

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Ha ha, but you guys forget, WE ARE WITH HIM!