Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
ZIG-ZAG ZIG-ZAG!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR MY HEALTH!

Edit: :(

Arino, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash!!!

Soi-hah
May 21, 2005

Le raqueur de munes.

Before, I killed just like that, but since I got out of jail I've been a lot more laid back.
Goddamnit Arino zig-zag when the man tells you to!!

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
This last part is completely insane! So is the AD commentary with it. ;o

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The TENSION! Are we going to witness a miracle...

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
Having never played Pilotwings, this is definitely not something I expected as a last level.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011

Shady3011 posted:

Having never played Pilotwings, this is definitely not something I expected as a last level.

I've never played any Pilotwings game and even though it seems thematically different I might have to snag Pilotwings Resort now or at least Pilotwings 64.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011

zari-gani posted:

ZIG-ZAG ZIG-ZAG!!

x1000!

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
Damm! He's so close the staff are going crazy,ZIG ZAGGUU DESU!

Perhpas its because its been 12 hours, but this has to be one of the most action packed endings to a mostly sedate challenge!

It makes me want to watch Quest of Ki in full :)

EDIT: I highly recommend the 64 version, this is great but the actual 3d makes it much easier. I wasn't suprised by this level, having played the 64 version first, some of aircraft in the 64 version can fire missles/bombs. Even so, what an awesome way to end it.

BTW if you don't know, the text scroll at the begining explains that all the other flight instructors have been kidnapped and the player must rescue them.

schuhart fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 24, 2012

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Hi everyone. I joined up to SA just for this thread.

1) Thanks to everyone involved in translating GCCX - I was a long-suffering refresher on the TV-Nihon forums for many years before this noble effort was started, like many others I'm sure. Thanks!

2) Holy poo poo Zari-gani, that poster is incredible.

3) This helicopter level is tense as gently caress. It is the final level, isn't it?

Goldwarf
May 24, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

shrgnatlas posted:

Hey, cool advertisement in your signature, bro! :thumbsup:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

This level is seriously nerve-wracking. Goddamn.

Saffycat
Feb 13, 2008
Saffy and adorable!

schuhart posted:

BTW if you don't know, the text scroll at the begining explains that all the other flight instructors have been kidnapped and the player must rescue them.

Flight instructors and sky divers are important military targets to capture

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

3) This helicopter level is tense as gently caress. It is the final level, isn't it?
Yeah, he's trying to rescue his flight instructors.

These folks be tired.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Goldwarf posted:

Hey, cool advertisement in your signature, bro! :thumbsup:

No really, cool advertisement because I didn't wanna dig through the thread to find the link to it and it was convenient as hell!

makere
Jan 14, 2012
LASTO CHANSU

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

GidgetNomates posted:

No really, cool advertisement because I didn't wanna dig through the thread to find the link to it and it was convenient as hell!

I double checked and didn't see a rule against it - quote it if I'm wrong! :(

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Saffycat posted:

Flight instructors and sky divers are important military targets to capture
It does say something about a drug syndicate growing stronger in the area, too.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

shrgnatlas posted:

I double checked and didn't see a rule against it - quote it if I'm wrong! :(

quote:

Your sig file and you. Keep in mind that everybody on the forums has to see your sig file over and over every time you post. Please make your sig file under 30k in size with less than three lines of text. Do not use images larger than 400 pixels wide and 125 pixels high.

That's the relevant rule for sigs in the overall SA forums rules. You can see them here.

I don't know if your sig was breaking the rules or whatever since I'm not a mod and I don't care, but you should beware that SA enforces their rules very strictly. And for good reason, let's be honest.

In any case, I appreciate your concern about the rules, and more than that, thanks a heck of a ton for the stream you're providing.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that most people never use sigs outside of the scary crap subforums like FYAD, so beware with sigs in general.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

He almost made it :(

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Are the ADs trolling Arino or is he trolling them in that last part?

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I didn't even know SA HAD sigs until now.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

Actually, beating this opens up a sort of New Game+ with harder levels (weather/wind and higher scores required) that ends with one final helicopter mission. Defeating the mission they're playing now gives you your Pilot Wings certificate, though, so I'm sure they'll stop here.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!
So close, Arino was really acting like a ninja piloting that Helicopter. Good job everyone, I'm so glad they took advantage of the extension.

If they continue with a rebroadcast I'll continue with that for the rest of the morning, but I need to sleep. I'm very tired!

Saffycat
Feb 13, 2008
Saffy and adorable!
It's over ):

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The way things looked, the safest way to play that stage is just making sweeping attack passes over the enemy base while weaving a little, as the AA guns lead you perfectly, otherwise. He always died when he slowed down, but the few times he was just going hell-for-leather over the big gun batteries, he seemed okay.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

well it's all done and I've officially been up for 24 hours, you can send the medal of valor to the usual address, thank you

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
What the gently caress happened to that guy's hair?!?

Saffycat
Feb 13, 2008
Saffy and adorable!

Edison Carter posted:

I don't know but I can't look away. I want to keep watching

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Awwwww, so close.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
Dude's got a limp geoduck on his head.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Edison Carter posted:

He became one of the roppongi banana boys, apparently.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
Its the journey that matters and what a wonderful and special one it was.
Only the otherday I was wondering what the family from the SMB episode would look like 12 years on! Now I know.

It was great to share it with you all. Props to the people who hosted the streams, and once again congratulations to Zari-Gani on her amazing illustrations.

I've written a detiled timeline of the whole 12 hour show, I could post it on here or link to it on paste bin if anyone is interested. It might make your write up easier Ray.

Peace.

EDIT: Isn't that the lead singer from Kishidan? They wrote my favourite song about one night stands: http://youtu.be/bUtAKig382c
Kind of fitting considoring the celebrative theme of this episode.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

shrgnatlas posted:

If they continue with a rebroadcast I'll continue with that for the rest of the morning, but I need to sleep.

It looks like they aren't airing it right after? That was a new episode of Roppongi Banana Boys so I don't know if they were delaying it to air that or what. What I do know is the repeat of the live event is scheduled for 2:00 PM today:

2012/2/25 14:00~22:00
ゲームセンターCX 有野30代最後の生挑戦!
フジテレビNEXT(CS)

So, I'll make sure to flip it back to Fuji NEXT later at 2:00 if anyone want to watch it again.

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Well, it was a very interesting watch. The last level was an awesome, tense way to end the show. Thanks once again to atlas for having such a good stream up.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Ineffiable posted:

See Gaki no Tsukai: Absolutely Tasty series.

Y'all need to look this up, yo. It's worth it to see a gang of Japanese comedians eat a pizza with marinara, cheese, and breath mints.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Duckula posted:

Could someone please send me the GCCX letterbox thing?

My FC is 4811-7288-3009

Post your code and I'll add you back!

I'll send it your way. FC is 1934-0685-0691.

Also, holy crap, zari-gani, that poster is amazing! I'm so glad you got your artwork shown again. It's truly great stuff!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That was a shame, he was so close too. Ah well, can't win them all, I guess.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 24, 2012

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Spincut posted:

I'll send it your way. FC is 1934-0685-0691.

Also, holy crap, zari-gani, that poster is amazing! I'm so glad you got your artwork shown again. It's truly great stuff!

Added! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Presents they couldn't feature and had to show off at the end of the special:

-A written message from narrator Takeda (of the arcade trips) with a picture of her newborn.
-A video message and gift basket from a former AP
-A video message from Kaayan (the little kid he talked to during Ring Ring Tactics; he's 18 now) <--I was waiting for this one! Too bad we couldn't see it)
-A famicom cassette version of the detective mystery game from Retro Game Challenge 2 (probably just for show) made by the indies zero CEO
-A video message from the kid who helped Arino beat Super Mario 2
-A limited edition Zelda 3DS