Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Saw this dumb bike at my school today. Don't know why it turned out so blurry.

Why is it dumb? Because you dont like it?

Someone loves the hell out of that bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course you love tacky poo poo like skulls, crosses, and a little "I-wish-I-was-a-Mongol" tassel on the bar.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Of course you love tacky poo poo like skulls, crosses, and a little "I-wish-I-was-a-Mongol" tassel on the bar.

Point to me where I said I like it TIA.

My point is that it's not immediately dumb because it't not to your taste or within CA parameters of acceptability. Someone's put a lot of effort into styleising that to his/her taste and I promise you, loves the bike for it.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

mootmoot posted:

My point is that it's not immediately dumb because it't not to your taste or within CA parameters of acceptability. Someone's put a lot of effort into styleising that to his/her taste and I promise you, loves the bike for it.

Didn't you just get banned?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
That taillight is gross. So is the single mirror that isn't a barend. Also the rest of the bike.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
That's a suzuki savage ls-650 under there in case anyone was wondering. I just bobbed on myself because my neighbor had it laying around in pieces (mismatched color at that) and it was easier and cheaper to bob it. I'm not paying top dollar to restore a loving Savage. So hey, free motorcycle that I'm getting low 60's mpg out of.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

front wing flexing posted:

That's a suzuki savage ls-650 under there in case anyone was wondering. I just bobbed on myself because my neighbor had it laying around in pieces (mismatched color at that) and it was easier and cheaper to bob it. I'm not paying top dollar to restore a loving Savage. So hey, free motorcycle that I'm getting low 60's mpg out of.

Is that actually, in any way, comfortable to ride? Those handlebars look like they're REALLY far forward.

Other than that I'd really like to get a ride on something like that, only been on sports bikes and dirt bikes so far.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Shimrod posted:

Is that actually, in any way, comfortable to ride? Those handlebars look like they're REALLY far forward.

Other than that I'd really like to get a ride on something like that, only been on sports bikes and dirt bikes so far.

That bike is actually really quite small. When I'm at a stop and my feet are down my knees are almost at 90 degree angles. So the bars being like that make it really comfortable. The stock bars would bash my knees.

I'm only five ten and when I'm on those bars I'm still leaning a little bit towards the rear and my arms are going in a downward direction.

While I'm posting pics.

I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

mootmoot posted:

No. It's dumb.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slim Pickens posted:

Whats that big chain hanging off the clutch lever?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

curb feeler?

surely it couldn't be just one tassel...

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

A lot times it indicates a position in a M/C. For somereason I think that one's there just for looks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

It's yer whip for when dem fuckin' cagers get too close.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slim Pickens posted:

Looks like a perfectly good bobbed ratty Savage to me.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

clutchpuck posted:

Looks like a perfectly good bobbed ratty Savage to me.

The only mistake I think he made was resuing the stock savage taillight. That thing is loving ugly.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I found a bunch of the Superbikers videos from the 80s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmb2k-qGQ8Y

I wish ABC was still cool enough to host this kind of thing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's awesome. GP racers definitely branched out a lot more in the past. Nowadays, you might see a video every couple years of Hayden and Biaggi backing it in on a kart track, and that's it.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Z3n already answered it, but it's a "Get-Back" Whip

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Schlieren posted:

Z3n already answered it, but it's a "Get-Back" Whip

I want a red and black one for the DRZ...

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My friend carries ball bearings in his vest pocket on his RC51 because of so many people who have actively and willingly tried to kill him while riding. I should forward this to him

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

That's awesome. GP racers definitely branched out a lot more in the past. Nowadays, you might see a video every couple years of Hayden and Biaggi backing it in on a kart track, and that's it.

Unfortunately thats a side effect of the professionalism thats now infected every sport. The riders are too highly paid and therefor too much of risk for their team managers, sponsors, and insurers to let them do any cool stuff these days.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Aargh posted:

Unfortunately thats a side effect of the professionalism thats now infected every sport. The riders are too highly paid and therefor too much of risk for their team managers, sponsors, and insurers to let them do any cool stuff these days.

Sports were better when "Men were men". I'm sick of the safety conscious over bearing regulations placed on every sport. Natural selection is almost non-existant now, just look @ mootmoot, how the hell did he make it to adulthood? That poo poo is dangerous for a reason and while I don't mind safety advancements in materials etc. I hate when they start closing courses or banning plays/passes for "safety". I grew up racing dirt circle track and like the saying goes, "Rubbin's Racin!"

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Xovaan posted:

My friend carries ball bearings in his vest pocket on his RC51 because of so many people who have actively and willingly tried to kill him while riding. I should forward this to him

I recommend old spark plugs. They crack windshields nicely, and there's a plausible reason to have them in the jacket, and a plausible way they hit the windshield.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010

front wing flexing posted:

I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!!!!!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I recommend old spark plugs. They crack windshields nicely, and there's a plausible reason to have them in the jacket, and a plausible way they hit the windshield.

I prefer the flat adhesive wheel weights and keep a few stuck to my top triple.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Yet another reason why sidecars are awesome.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Slim Pickens posted:

Wasn't there a vid a few years back of a MotoGP rider (for some reason I'm thinking Stoner but could be way off) doing a sketchy wheelie in the wet on a KTM, on some highway? I haven't been able to find it in recent times but I'm sure I saw it here originally..

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't remember seeing that, but there's a video of Rossi doing a wheelie on a scooter down the straight on a track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TgjGHrF79Y

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Didnt Rossi get his start on scooters?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Or you could, you know, just be a responsible adult that doesn't illegally assault people because they make a (admittedly careless) mistake. Dealing with lovely drivers is just a part of driving, car or motorcycle. It's just as lovely to vandalize cars as it is to be a crappy driver.

Aargh posted:

It's a good idea, really. Even with the "don't do anything dumb to injure yourself" guideline you still see GP racers have season-affecting injuries from stuff like dirt bike riding. I think Hayden hosed up his arm or shoulder or something doing just that.

edit to add picture content, i really want a classic CB750 but can't really justify spending the $3-5k it'd take to get one in good shape. All the idiots turning them into terrible bobbers has taken them all off the market.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 25, 2012

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

hayden. posted:

Or you could, you know, just be a responsible adult that doesn't illegally assault people because they make a (admittedly careless) mistake. Dealing with lovely drivers is just a part of driving, car or motorcycle. It's just as lovely to vandalize cars as it is to be a crappy driver.

Thank you, it was getting a little thick in here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hayden. posted:

edit to add picture content, i really want a classic CB750 but can't really justify spending the $3-5k it'd take to get one in good shape. All the idiots turning them into terrible bobbers has taken them all off the market.

The CB750 will, unfortunately go down in history as "the bike that hipsters killed".

So, so many of them have fallen to the hands of idiots with dreams of irreversible hardtail mods, rake jobs and cafe conversions in the name of "CUSTOM".

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
those assholes

from,,,reddit:

stupid,,,,dangerous,,,wasteofmoney,,,,,OVER $16,000 INVESTED!!!!,,,

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
layerdiver dan

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Sick stoppies on that thing im sure

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

hayden. posted:

Apparently you've never had people throw rocks and milkshakes (which would probably be worse than the rocks) at you on the highway, or spit on you on the highway, &c. like my MSF instructor. I probably would just try to get away from such people instead of escalating a situation when in such a vulnerable position, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone else an entirely different reaction to someone literally trying to kill them for no discernable reason.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

I know this rider and I have many comments about him. I seriously live down the street from the school I think you're referring to. Why aren't we riding around together?

Picture shamelessly stolen from his facebook.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I can understand the bike - for what it is it's not too bad, not my taste, but I could see how someone could like it.

But what's up with that helmet..?

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
: Hey guys, we're pretty badass huh?

: I...I just don't know anymore man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

: Hey guys, we're pretty badass huh?