Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010

redmercer posted:

Y'all need to look this up, yo. It's worth it to see a gang of Japanese comedians eat a pizza with marinara, cheese, and breath mints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3iAsdYifxg

Frisk Mint pizza. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

-A video message from the kid who helped Arino beat Super Mario 2

I really want to see this for some reason. Congratulations on your amazing artwork being featured!

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Let me echo the comments on how great the poster is Zari. It's crazy to think how small the GCCX subbing community was just a year ago and how much its become integrated with the show itself, so huge thanks to everyone else involved for rocketing the show on this crazy run. For me that includes Ray for getting that 1UP Show segment because I had never heard of it before then.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

What is this 1UP segment you guys are talking about? Is it in the OP?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Added some pictures to go along with zari-gani's descriptions.

zari-gani posted:

Presents they couldn't feature and had to show off at the end of the special:

-A written message from narrator Takeda (of the arcade trips) with a picture of her newborn.

-A video message and gift basket from a former AP

-A video message from Kaayan (the little kid he talked to during Ring Ring Tactics; he's 18 now) <--I was waiting for this one! Too bad we couldn't see it)

-A famicom cassette version of the detective mystery game from Retro Game Challenge 2 (probably just for show) made by the indies zero CEO

-A video message from the kid who helped Arino beat Super Mario 2

-A limited edition Zelda 3DS

Plus... custom hashi from the guy featured in Abe's tama'ge segment http://www.urusigei-nakajima.com/

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Jimmy Colorado posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3iAsdYifxg

Frisk Mint pizza. :gonk:

What is with Japanese TV shows and Italian music? `O Sole Mio at 10:40~ in that video.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just woke up and got caught up with the thread... Holy crap, zari's gift is beyond awesome! I'm kinda pissed that I went to bed when I did, because I would've loved to have seen the reaction live. :)

Like I said in the post I made before I went to bed, I hope that we'll get an abridged version of this episode (or a behind the scenes documentary like the Lemmings 24 hour special) so I can see a lot of the major stuff that I missed since it looks like I missed quite a bit.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
gently caress, this is the last time I go to sleep ever. I miss the most amazing goddamn things.

Congratulations to all you lucky goons who managed to get a fax posted on that big wall! And a double-congrats to Zari-Gani for that awesome birthday illustration for Arino! It kicks a lot of rear end!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
That baby has the best hair. :stare:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Obeast posted:

I just woke up and got caught up with the thread... Holy crap, zari's gift is beyond awesome! I'm kinda pissed that I went to bed when I did, because I would've loved to have seen the reaction live. :)

Like I said in the post I made before I went to bed, I hope that we'll get an abridged version of this episode (or a behind the scenes documentary like the Lemmings 24 hour special) so I can see a lot of the major stuff that I missed since it looks like I missed quite a bit.

You were about 13 min. away from the big moment at midnight.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Omg I missed the stream but tuned into that Freshverse site, and I thought american TV was weird, holy poo poo wow. I could watch this for hours.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Disappointing Pie posted:

Omg I missed the stream but tuned into that Freshverse site, and I thought american TV was weird, holy poo poo wow. I could watch this for hours.
JELLYFISH

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Disappointing Pie posted:

Freshverse streams whatever he is watching on TV in Japan. Japanese TV is wierd, even though I watch Korean TV.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

joek0 posted:

You were about 13 min. away from the big moment at midnight.
gently caress me, seriously? I thought I went to bed around half an hour before the good stuff happened. I should never lose my faith in Arino ever again since I expected the rest of the episode to be nothing but that level. :smithicide:

Edit: You're right... gently caress! :mad:

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Nill posted:

JELLYFISH

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I had no clue what was going on when they were holding gloves and going "SOOOOOOOOCKS???"

This rules.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Yes the gloves explaining English was what got me. Though if some chick that looked like a power ranger tried to teach me Spanish when I was younger I probably would have paid attention.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I'm just enthralled by the lady in the rainbow afro wig.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
They got really tricky with that bonus quiz, having both a clock AND a watch. That was a tough one.

Is there somewhere to download this show because this is the exact sort of thing I'd love to take a nap to.

e: does the site stream stuff 24/7? I only have the most boring and basic of cable in case I need a weather report during a tornado I guess and this would rule to just leave on when I don't have anything specific to watch.

GidgetNomates fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 24, 2012

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Oh man I knew I should have stayed up for the rest of the challenge. Things exploded right as I left. I was looking forward to that Let's Cook With Abe segment, too.

Thanks everyone for the recaps, screenshots, commentary, the faxes, and of course that poster. Holy poo poo that poster. Also for shrgnatlas' high quality stream.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Had to knock out and slept through the rest of the stream; time to watch the archived stuff.

Oh, and the avatar for the goon that wanted it, recentered:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Nakayama posted some photos of faxes.

http://lockerz.com/gallery/11058680

I'm going to sleep now. If I never wake up I will have died happy. Thanks for all the kind comments about my art.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 25, 2012

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Congrats on your fame Zari-gani! The poster is amazing.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Dutch goon, identify yourself!

http://lockerz.com/s/186702476

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, I think it's safe to say they were completely blown away and shocked by the international greetings. Good work everyone who sent in a fax.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sadly, I missed the end, having passed out about four and a half hours ago. Still had great fun, and it was the thread that made it possible. Whoo. Anyway.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Random Stranger posted:

Well, I think it's safe to say they were completely blown away and shocked by the international greetings. Good work everyone who sent in a fax.

Best $4 I ever spent.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

And hey look, Nakayama has a third facial expression! http://lockerz.com/s/186702193

Late thanks to freshverse. You guy(s) have my endorsement, doubly so if you do run for office.

Late congrats to the foreign faxers who got featured. I was honestly a touch doubtful they'd acknowledge them, but was genuinely surprised!

Late proper congrats to zari for being awesome, and specifically, out-self-referencing the show in one swift motion, holy heck

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2012

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just got to the part with Zari's gifts; that loving owns. Congrats.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Haywood Japwnme posted:

What is this 1UP segment you guys are talking about? Is it in the OP?

Long: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/16416
Short: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/16419

Warning: embarrassing

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
For those who missed the show at midnight with the bday celebrations, Justin.tv has the video. It starts at about the 39 min mark. Zarigani's gift starts at about the 48 min mark.

http://en.justin.tv/atxhd66/b/309607086

joek0 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 25, 2012

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I just had a bit of a thought. Is there any idea as to how many people watch each GCCX subbed episode? Number from trackers and download links and the such? Just wondering.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

I just had a bit of a thought. Is there any idea as to how many people watch each GCCX subbed episode? Number from trackers and download links and the such? Just wondering.

I have a general idea though we spread out through a lot of secondary sources so I can just work out a general range. An episode gets about 100,000 viewers as a lowball estimate.

excusemeprincess
Jul 23, 2001
There was a pop-kun here. It's gone now.
Meant to post this earlier but zari that poster is amazing!

I only got to watch a few hours of the live event this morning but it was fun. I am pretty sad that none of my faxes went through though. :(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I have a general idea though we spread out through a lot of secondary sources so I can just work out a general range. An episode gets about 100,000 viewers as a lowball estimate.

How many views did a Kotak episode get on average?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

How many views did a Kotak episode get on average?

The initial ones were around 150k. That quickly fell to about 40k.

I should also mention that the viewership is still growing. Every time I do a check I find out that the number has increased even more. That 100,000 number was what I worked out around Christmas.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Is the Triotos App for Apple IPhone and IPad Japanese only?

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Wow, just skimming through this rollercoaster ride of the thread of late these past several hours---absolutely blown away and have Never seen anything like it in all my years with any manner of show.

Massive congrats on the presents, faxes, and all else.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

joek0 posted:

Is the Triotos App for Apple IPhone and IPad Japanese only?

I'm in the US and I've got it on my iPhone, so yeah you can get it through the US app store. Language is only in Japanese of course but it's not a game with a lot of reading as you can guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

I'm in the US and I've got it on my iPhone, so yeah you can get it through the US app store. Language is only in Japanese of course but it's not a game with a lot of reading as you can guess.

I have the 2nd DS game. I just might get it from the App Store soon.