Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'd be happy with the silent comradery if the alternative is Fuji TV getting up on our arses and trying to force feed us the KOTAK version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Random Stranger posted:

Go to bed. It's a hires version.

Edit: I know I've been doing overlays too long when I start playing Quest of Ki while the video is rendering and my immediate reaction to the Japanese text is, "How'd I miss that? Something else to overlay..."

vv You've got a minimum of five hour wait.

Ah. Well, that's alright, it's Saturday and I don't have anything to do except play Cladun and wait for the new episode. My sleep schedule's already hosed beyond reason anyway.

But yeah, thanks for the heads up on the ETA. :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Obeast posted:

I'm surprised that they even decided to show the international faxes if it might be a touchy subject for them and Fuji TV.

My guess is they're okay with talking about international fans since the show got an official overseas release (though the videos weren't viewable outside of North America and they clearly showed faxes from Greece, Russia, etc...).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Crotch Bat posted:

FujiTV - cares a lot about this stuff, would frown upon mentioning on camera of people illegally watching/streaming the show

Well it's not licensed here so it's not illegal, so I can't see FujiTV really caring.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Did anyone see more Canadian faxes? My faxzero attempts failed, and the only other one I saw was your slime one, zari-gari.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

While the episode is uploading I've already got a special ten minute preview for an upcoming episode timed, cleaned up, and ready to go. I'll probably upload that tomorrow...

Enjoy this pleasant image from the preview...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Feb 25, 2012

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

shrgnatlas posted:

Yeah, after 30 something hours of making sure everything ran smoothly after having a pretty hectic night, the repeat is airing again on Fuji NEXT and I'm going to use this time to take a nap. :pseudo:

I don't know how they'll truncate the end, but this airing is scheduled for the following hours:

2012年2月25日(土) 14時00分~22時00分

I'm assuming they'll end the repeat around the 2:00 AM mark from the original broadcast, like they had originally planned. I guess we'll see, (or, I guess you'll see... I'll probably still be asleep).

Hey, just wanted to say thanks again for the stream and I'm glad the event got you to make an SA account!

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
They have to be aware of us. They can't NOT be. Who knows, Kan, Toujima, or some other GCCX or TV FUJI staffer with a good grasp of English could be watching us right now. It's not like we're hard to find. :p At worst, we're not really doing any harm at the present time and they're letting bygone be bygones. At best, SAGCCX's work is being used as Market Research and/or being allowed to flourish in order to build up a justifiable audience for a PROPER US or International release. In any case, I'm sure they're at least flattered that their show has become so important to so many people around the World. Truly, if there is only ONE international language that we can ALL immediately understand and get along with, it's gaming. :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The midnight part is streming on freshverse now.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

When zari-gani posted the Kacho Fighter translation on the last page I was compelled to bodge them into some youtube closed captions. :shobon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjIKp2c51V8

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

e: This is great, linking it to all my nerd friends. ^^^^^

zari-gani posted:

I should've screencapped Kibe's face when Arino brought it up...

You are a true bro, Kibe. :australia::respek::japan:

Corridor fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 25, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Nill posted:

Speaking of YouTube, here's an embedded clip of the birthday segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULaaICbMIg

You got everything except the video message from Hamaguchi(Yoiko). Hope you can upload a new video with this added.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

joek0 posted:

You got everything except the video message from Hamaguchi(Yoiko). Hope you can upload a new video with this added.
Blame the 15 minute size limit, though the point was mainly to share Arino's cake serenade and the presentation of Zari-Gani's amazing staff portrait. :toot:

vvvv It'd be so much simpler if they'd just allow 11 hour files. :colbert:

Nill fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 25, 2012

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Nill posted:

Blame the 15 minute size limit, though the point was mainly to share Arino's cake serenade and the presentation of Zari-Gani's amazing staff portrait. :toot:

Hope someone can upload a youtube video of all the birthday messages he got.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have brought you here today for a purpose. I have seen the mocking comments. "Look at that game about trains!" they say. "What a stupid game!" they say. I have stood by and allowed these to pass knowing that the philistines could not grasp the beauty of such titles. But no longer. For today you shall witness the magnificence that is to Go By Train!

Bringing this stunning work of engineering is the woman who is the second most avid trainspotter involved with GCCX, zari-gani! (No, I'm not the first. Watch the episode and find out who is.)

Direct Download - http://depositfiles.com/files/14g5thbop
Torrent:
Download torrent81 (1 files; 721.78 MB)
View torrent stats

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
So much GCCX in two days... But, you can never too much of a good thing. :)

zari-gari posted:

My guess is they're okay with talking about international fans since the show got an official overseas release (though the videos weren't viewable outside of North America and they clearly showed faxes from Greece, Russia, etc...).
That's true. I have a feeling that genredleader is right in that they probably know that GCCX, like many other Japan-only TV shows (especially animes), has been unofficially translated and available for download without Fuji TV's permission. Fuji TV probably don't like the fact that they're not getting any real money from it. But, at the same time, it has allowed for a larger audience without having to pay for a license and risking for another Kotaku moment with a half assed translation that turned a lot of people off.

Plus, with out the unofficial translations, I bet Arino's meet-and-greet in LA would've been much smaller (I still love watching him walk in to all that applause andcheers from time to time). :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The Go By Train Sub was released much sooner than I hoped. Can't wait to watch it. I thought that Wagan Land was in the process of being subbed. Hope to see the sub soon.

Here is another youtube clip from the live show.

This was the second fax segment where the show non Japanese faxes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMWnQktnjQ

This is the raw for episode #98, Pilotwings. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnTzCaxpBLE

joek0 fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 25, 2012

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

joek0 posted:

Wagan Land

Suddenly want to see Arino play Oregon Trail.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Goddamn it. If you get DVD Box Set 8 do not watch the Samurai Ghost challenge before the City Connection challenge; Samurai Ghost spoils the ending of it.

I guess I need to flip those two around in the episode listing...

Edit: And it's not even Samurai Ghost that he's playing in the bonus challenge. My information was wrong on that.

For those who liked AD Takahashi's snappy cardigan:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 25, 2012

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Thank you to everyone who complimented the Keep Calm and Kacho On image, I didn't expect it to be so popular. It's a shame it didn't make it onto the live show, but I've cleaned up the image and added a little something for anyone who wants a new GCCX wallpaper:

Download: 1400x1050 (4:3) | 1440x900 (8:5) | 1920x1080 (16:9)

If anyone wants any custom sizes / colours, just let me know.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I'm using this (linked at some point in the topic) as the wallpaper on my desktop, would you mind doing one with that same teal as the background so my laptop and desktop can match?

1280x800 by the way

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

GidgetNomates posted:

I'm using this (linked at some point in the topic) as the wallpaper on my desktop, would you mind doing one with that same teal as the background so my laptop and desktop can match?

1280x800 by the way

Here you go!

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Fickle Fascination posted:

Here you go!

Thanks!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Awww yeah, Densha De Go episode! Totally going to watch this now. :neckbeard:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I just wanted to chime in and say I really love this show and thanks for all the hard work that goes into subbing it.

I can't wait to watch Go By Train!

Also, my friends are idiots. I tried to get them to watch and episode or two and their main complaint was all the reading they would have to do.

edit: One question/issue I have is when I try to play the episodes on my Xbox the subs can't be seen because they are off the screen. The only episode I have been able to watch on my Xbox without an issue is the Pac-man 2 one.

Kacho ON!

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 25, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Beer_Suitcase posted:

edit: One question/issue I have is when I try to play the episodes on my Xbox the subs can't be seen because they are off the screen. The only episode I have been able to watch on my Xbox without an issue is the Pac-man 2 one.

Kacho ON!

It's been a while since I sold my Xbox but look at the display options in the menu when you're playing the video. It's probably set to sort of zoom the image a bit and you can probably turn it off. I forget all the actual words for these things, sorry. The Pac Man 2 episode was newer so the video was a different size than the older eps I think.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Yes! I've been so pumped for this since you posted that screen, zari-gani. Every episode could use a little more Abe.

techknight posted:

My faxzero attempts failed, and the only other one I saw was your slime one, zari-gari.

drat. My fault for using a machine that doesn't tell me if it got through. Ours was so rushed and slapped together so late in the broadcast.

Actually, during the tail end of the extension, the director (or switch operator or whoever) messed up and quickly cut to a seated Kibe and someone else in the fax hall. It looked like some disturbed patient's cell in an asylum. Faxes as far as you could see, and a little fetal positioned Kibe... Or maybe I'm misremembering. I was tired, too.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
I just upped my timeline of events to pastebin. Its quite long and detailed. I added some qoutes from you Zari-Gani, to explain some events :)

http://pastebin.com/ueDKyV73

Don't worry I didn't spoil the ending or the final level, but it might help to put the awesome screencaps Nill was providing into context.

I kind of wanted to do it, just to see how long it takes for Arino to improve in a section/how many times he dies on one level. So it was nice project to keep me occupied during the show.

TLDR, the most interesting part;

Total Number of Crash Landings = 107

Arino died at least 49 times on level 7 alone.

Not a bad death toll in comparison to Ki, how many deaths was that in the end?

btw as far as veiwing numbers go, I watched the whole thing on Justin-TV and there was always at least 800 people, how many were Japanese I don't know.

schuhart fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 25, 2012

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

If anyone wants any custom sizes / colours, just let me know.

1680x1050?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

MaskedTai posted:

1680x1050?

Here!

Anyone can feel free to PM me if they want any customizations, I don't want to occupy too much of this thread if we can help it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Hooray for trains, thanks.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Change your TV picture size setting to "Just Scan".

The video file of Pac-Man 2 has black borders at top and bottom which should explain why it displays "correctly" for you despite being zoomed in.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Super hyped for the Go by Train! episode. I remember really enjoying it when I watched it raw a few years ago, especially the crew's competition for the boxed meals towards the end of the episode.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

Here!

Anyone can feel free to PM me if they want any customizations, I don't want to occupy too much of this thread if we can help it.

Thanks! I tried to do it myself but I only squished the lettering.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Arino at least enjoys one shooting game from the Go By Train Tamage. He plays "Here comes Twin Bee". How does he fair in the DVD challenge of TwinBee.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Wow, the train episode is now one of my favorites. So many wonderful moments, and I love the ending!

Thanks again for the tremendous work, SAGCCX team!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Interesting tidbit: When the announcer is berating Arino for crushing the dreams of train fans everywhere, the music playing is actually a loop of a train jingle. I forgot which rail line it's from exactly but it's definitely in the Densha De Go series.

This is easily my favorite episode by far. Thanks for subbing it, guys. :3:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I felt a little sad when I realized the train episode would have to end. Wonderful stuff. Thanks to all of you who help to sub, time, and release this show. It really puts a smile on my face. Every time I visit this thread, I want to say thanks, but I wouldn't want to add clutter to all of your hard work!

(Congrats to zari-gani on that amazing poster, too!)

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012

joek0 posted:

The Go By Train Sub was released much sooner than I hoped. Can't wait to watch it. I thought that Wagan Land was in the process of being subbed. Hope to see the sub soon.

Here is another youtube clip from the live show.

This was the second fax segment where the show non Japanese faxes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMWnQktnjQ

This is the raw for episode #98, Pilotwings. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnTzCaxpBLE

Ah! Thanks for the video! I've been waiting to see that! Heh, mine's on camera for most of it. :xd: My life is now complete. :D

About video issues... I've been meaning to bring this up... Did you guys change the way the videos are encoded or something since Punch Out? Ever since that episode, any time I've tried to run a newly completed video on my DVD player by way of a flash drive, the sound and video fall completely out of sync. Before Punch Out, everything always played correctly but since then, all the new videos have the same problem. Any ideas?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
After Arino fails the challenge, AD Emoto was not the one to show the good ending. The said that AD Emoto was pretty bad at this game. They got a minor staff member to clear the game. I was surprised that the guy cleared it. I felt bad for AD Emoto. He's great at some game, but is bad at others. His terrible playing in Punch Out was sad to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

GidgetNomates posted:

1280x800 by the way

I kinda want to make a hoodie or shirt out of this. Have to keep it in mind for the fall.