Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Ola posted:

:golfclap:

Whenever there is a collection of skulls depicted it seems to work the same as a photograph of people. One, maybe two look as they intended while the rest look awkward or uncomfortable. This guy is lucky it's just painted on his bike and not tattooed on his arm.

Here's a video of 1000fps motocross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDeqkmvImc&feature=player_embedded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
Let us stop all this 'bike on bike' hate! 2 wheels (regardless of appearance)over 4!
Here's a trailer for the latest 'I, superbiker' film/documentary on the British Superbike season of 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv7kKLQ0KvA

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Gnaghi posted:

Whenever there is a collection of skulls depicted it seems to work the same as a photograph of people. One, maybe two look as they intended while the rest look awkward or uncomfortable. This guy is lucky it's just painted on his bike and not tattooed on his arm.

Here's a video of 1000fps motocross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDeqkmvImc&feature=player_embedded

loving Twixtor. :(

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
About those stadium MXers, I always wondered how much they shift. poo poo happens so fast you don't have time to see/hear them do it. So I always wonder if they do.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Socratse posted:

I know this rider and I have many comments about him. I seriously live down the street from the school I think you're referring to. Why aren't we riding around together?

Picture shamelessly stolen from his facebook.

Thanks for taking the time to mask his identity, and for caring more about his reputation than he does at the moment.

Proposed new rule/gentleman's agreement: have fun with your candid camera and someone else's unfortunate choices, but take a sec to blur/pixellate the plates or avoid angles that include them. A reasonable person would conclude that this ill-informed crypto-pagan speed metal jive is a passing phase. Alas, the world is not full of reasonable people. And only about 2% have Gnaghi's comedic gift...

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Marv Hushman posted:

A reasonable person would conclude that this ill-informed crypto-pagan speed metal jive is a passing phase. Alas, the world is not full of reasonable people. And only about 2% have Gnaghi's comedic gift...

Unfortunately, for him the passing phase goes from junior high to mid 20's so I dunno how passing it is. However, most the time I think he's just messing around. Don't ask to see his gang-jacket though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't have a problem with a well-executed bobber, but that thing's just a rolling affliction shirt, sorry.

Didn't realize you were from Seattle, Socratse. Weather's still kinda poo poo for a decent ride, but send me a pm if you're planning a ride.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Marv Hushman posted:

but take a sec to blur/pixellate the plates or avoid angles that include them.

I can understand blurring anyones face out. What's with the plates thing though? Is there really anything they can do with them as an average joe? I mean I figure a cop could run it and find out who it is, but just a regular guy on the internet I wouldn't think could do anything with them.

Plz advise tyia

Content...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Silver posted:

Content...

Best swing-arm I've seen for a while. Repsol CBRs are goddamn sexy. Can that stupid girl please move along so we can enjoy the rest of it.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Silver posted:

I can understand blurring anyones face out. What's with the plates thing though? Is there really anything they can do with them as an average joe? I mean I figure a cop could run it and find out who it is, but just a regular guy on the internet I wouldn't think could do anything with them.

Well I think there's a urban-legend floating that people call into the police and claim that [[vehicle]] with [[plate]] was seen driving erratically or while intoxicated, or shooting paintballs at people.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
To some degree it's courtesy, as it in theory adds deniability for the owner if they were doing something illegal and/or dumb like speeding, illegally parked or stopped at a shake joint while married

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Hrm, yeah I could see doing it for someone else, normally I don't take the time to blur out my own plates though. Mostly I only do it for others because everyone is all "BLUR THOSE PLATES OUT YO"

Picture!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
You can pay for access to the license plate records. 5 minutes of googling tells me that there are a lot of scams, but you can work through a state licensed PI.

The fear is that thieves will find a nice car online, look up the address, and steal it. It's a reasonable fear if you have a Ferrari, less reasonable when it's a spray painted UJM.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Silver posted:

Plz advise tyia

Content...

Christ those things are sexy.

If she can ride that I think I want to marry her.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Shimrod posted:

Christ those things are sexy.

If she can ride that I think I want to marry her.

I just wanna tailgate her on the slab for like 50 miles...:awesome:

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Gullous posted:

You can pay for access to the license plate records. 5 minutes of googling tells me that there are a lot of scams, but you can work through a state licensed PI.

The fear is that thieves will find a nice car online, look up the address, and steal it. It's a reasonable fear if you have a Ferrari, less reasonable when it's a spray painted UJM.

Right, if it's your own bike and you've weighed the risk and decided it's not an issue, so be it. Why not err on the side of caution when it comes to someone else? What if this guy was dumb enough to take the religious imagery one step over the line and insult the wrong group?

I caught myself doing this about a year ago when I snapped pics of some gorgeous vintage Triumphs in front of a local Brit repair shop. I had fully intended to blab it up in this thread, but thought--waitaminnit, what if this were my bike, out of my possession, and some putz had just given its coordinates to the world? Would I not want to put his head in a vise? Can any insurance check replace a bike that took an adult life to restore, regardless of its origin or street value?

Content: Meet Gunter, Glieben, Glauten & Globen

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Marv Hushman posted:

Globen seems a tad uncomfortable amongst the Nazi boy-rapist gang.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Sir Cornelius posted:

Globen seems a tad uncomfortable amongst the Nazi boy-rapist gang.

I think I blacked out for 45 seconds laughing at that.

Seems clear that Gunter [strike a pose] is running the show, so they're likely gearing up to hit a spaetzel and pilsner joint. Two blocks away, line of sight.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Silver posted:

Daaaaaamn. That's a ghetto onion right there.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

Right, if it's your own bike and you've weighed the risk and decided it's not an issue, so be it. Why not err on the side of caution when it comes to someone else? What if this guy was dumb enough to take the religious imagery one step over the line and insult the wrong group?

I caught myself doing this about a year ago when I snapped pics of some gorgeous vintage Triumphs in front of a local Brit repair shop. I had fully intended to blab it up in this thread, but thought--waitaminnit, what if this were my bike, out of my possession, and some putz had just given its coordinates to the world? Would I not want to put his head in a vise? Can any insurance check replace a bike that took an adult life to restore, regardless of its origin or street value?

So, what came first? The leather jackets and hat, or the Marlon Brando movie?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Armyman25 posted:

So, what came first? The leather jackets and hat, or the Marlon Brando movie?

Only Georg Suck knows for sure. IMO, The Wild One spawned a lot of iconic movie stills, but it is absolutely unwatchable as a film. I can't even imagine it being meaningful to people of that era. It is sort of unintentionally funny--simulated riding against a projected backdrop, corny dialogue, implausible everything...

Since we were on the topic of UJM surgery. I'm crying on the inside and thinking of ways to put this out of its misery. A CIA Hellfire missile maybe?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2870577228.html

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Marv Hushman posted:

Since we were on the topic of UJM surgery. I'm crying on the inside and thinking of ways to put this out of its misery. A CIA Hellfire missile maybe?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/2870577228.html

I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

Only Georg Suck knows for sure. IMO, The Wild One spawned a lot of iconic movie stills, but it is absolutely unwatchable as a film. I can't even imagine it being meaningful to people of that era. It is sort of unintentionally funny--simulated riding against a projected backdrop, corny dialogue, implausible everything...

It's a really corny movie, what gets me is it's pre-rock and roll. The bad rear end bikers listen jazz music, man...

I've been watching a lot of 60's biker films lately, and the thing that strikes me is that they're almost all the same story as The Wild One. Squares get hassled by some "craaazy" bikers who are eventually defeated/killed in the end. What I do like about them is their low budgets belie the stylized version we see in the Sons of Anarchy. That show is such a homogenized version of being a biker, it's complete wish fulfillment for the worst Harley stereotypes.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Found this on the local craigslist, used to be a fzr 1000

I can't tell if it's actually for sale.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's kinda... cool... in some way...

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Sir Cornelius posted:

Best swing-arm I've seen for a while. Repsol CBRs are goddamn sexy. Can that stupid girl please move along so we can enjoy the rest of it.

I hereby volunteer to take her out of the way! :haw:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yes.

VostocK
Jul 20, 2005

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Ran too wide on the corner the non-screwed bike is and ran the dirt, then back on the road?

Also, that Chooter is kinda cool in a sad, I'd never be seen on it dead kind of way. (But I'd still like to ride it in secret)

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
I watched Easy Riders once and couldn't stand it. "They're gonna make it." No they are not going to make it they're a bunch of dumb hippies trying to farm in the loving desert for fucks sake.

The only biker movie that I actually liked watching was a little known movie from Hong Kong called Full Throttle.

mootmoot
Jan 29, 2006

VostocK posted:

Look mom , no hands !

I should probably be the last person on this forums to say this, but that made me lol

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Gnaghi posted:

I watched Easy Riders once and couldn't stand it. "They're gonna make it." No they are not going to make it they're a bunch of dumb hippies trying to farm in the loving desert for fucks sake.

Any scene featuring performance artists is bound to be painful.

I think what sets it apart and why we're still talking about it 40+ years later is the soundtrack. It was one of the first that I can recall where they bothered to assemble contemporary rock music, some of it specifically for the film (apologies to Elvis for not counting Clambake.)

It's not that the film doesn't have other redeeming qualities, but if they went with some generic approximation of hippie music like so many other movies of the era (see: any early Clint Eastwood film), I think it would have been largely forgotten.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Marv Hushman posted:

Any scene featuring performance artists is bound to be painful.

That's why Dennis Hopper is uncomfortable. The hippies were bullshit and they are all going to die, but at least the guy they gave a ride too gave them some LSD so they could trip in New Orleans.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Marv Hushman posted:

Dear God, someone managed to make a Vulcan 88 even uglier. Wonder what he could do with a Virago?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Riding a bicycle in London is pretty rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiBVTtrS1w

And then there is motorcycling in Toronto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfu0TcO3AUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsstZlk024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFN2b3y5hA

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

VostocK posted:

Look mom , no hands !

Dude in the air is something like 70 years old and has been riding most of his life. He walked away from that. So bummer on the crash but when/if I get to 70 I hope I'm able enough to go to the gap and crash something.

Gnaghi posted:

That's actually killboy from killboy.com (takes all the photos and whatnot at the gap) himself. That series of pictures was on the wall in the living room of the house we rented. There is actually video of it somewhere.

Cheers!

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Silver posted:

That's actually killboy from killboy.com (takes all the photos and whatnot at the gap) himself.

Which one?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

There's more here http://troygua.com/work/le-petit-prince/

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Sorry, the dude on the f4i crashing is killboy. I think it was some video stuff for a TV show about the guys on the ktm motards. I'd have to try and find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Ziploc posted:

About those stadium MXers, I always wondered how much they shift. poo poo happens so fast you don't have time to see/hear them do it. So I always wonder if they do.

I always figured they keep it on the pipe all the time and clutch for power to the wheel. Though I'd be curious to know the real answer :)