Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ether Frenzy posted:

Haha jesus, Robin sent $2000 to some email scammer in Europe thinking it was Artie's sister. What a maroon.

Richard Christy/Robert Palmer posted:

(Robin's got a)
Doctor, doctor
To study her poop.

She's got
Too much money
And big brown boobs...

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Ether Frenzy posted:

Haha jesus, Robin sent $2000 to some email scammer in Europe thinking it was Artie's sister. What a maroon.

And they all got that email since they are in Stacey's address book. That was loving priceless.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Whattya know. Phishing emails now ask for bottles of wine.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Just got back from a America's Got Talent taping.

At first I was pretty hesitant on attending as I have never seen the show, and have only Howard's constant carrying on about during his show as something to go off on. But I must admit, it was loving WAY awesome.

First off, we showed up about a half hour late and was told we would be put on "standby" only to somehow manage to get front row seats! I was six chairs away from Howard Stern, and it was pretty intense. Everyone shouting things during the broadcast was essentially all Howard Stern inside jokes. People went loving crazy for Howard, basically.

The three judges had an excellent way of communicating with each other and each gave constructive criticism towards each act. I feel like Sharon is the real dead weight, as Howard and Howie are all throwing out zingers and actually trying to make the act seem compelling.

After about 7 or so acts Howard grabs a mic and announces that Eric the loving Midget is sitting about five rows directly behind me. Once I turned around my dreams had finally come to a realization. I have seen that worthless, club loving footed, ack-acking little prick in person. He's just as hideous as you can imagine. While in his chair he's basically lifeless besides his beady little eyes moving around his skull. It was shocking.

Throughout the taping they kept shuffling people in and out of the front row who were not clapping and acting loving crazy besides me and my friend, and low and behold they bring that loving midget a grand total of four seats to my right. I also saw his handler, Yahn, who was about as goony as you could imagine.

Towards the end Howard was getting booed (unnecessarily in my opinion) about some act and asked for a microphone after he voted out the guy to give his reasons. At the tail end of his rant he decided to walk over to Eric, which would mean he would be walking directly in front of me.

I immediately started losing my poo poo and started thinking of a way to grab his attention to perhaps get a fist bump, because Howard is loving awesome and I want some of his power. As Howard walks by me to get to Eric, he asks the loving midget if he approves of his judging and tells him he made sure he's getting some soda at the auditorium. As Howard begins to walk by me (literally less than a foot in front of me) I yell out "HOWARD I LOVE YOU" and I extend my fist out. He didn't immediately turn around and I backed away thinking he just needed to head back, so as I take my seat he turns around and tries to throw me some love, but I had already blew my chance. Opportunity wasted.

gently caress!

Also, I saw Ronnie the limo driver and he is just about the least immiatating human being I've ever seen. He also might be five foot six.

All in all, if you have a chance to head to a taping you should probably enjoy it. Howard is loving hilarious and the acts are rather entertaining, even if they really suck.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Feb 26, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Haha, nice. You left Howard hanging. Poor Howard.

Sounds like a great time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Oh God, so Howard is going to pimp Eric the Midget during the show? Ugh.

Still, you sounded like you have a good time. Whenever I think of the Midget now, I'll just think of eyes trapped in a meat prison.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Other than his claws it's probably fairly accurate. He's a blob, he has no core muscle and his neck barely looks like it supports his head at times. He can basically type on a keyboard and look at stuff, that's about it.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I would have kept making Ralph's best Midget noises and dropping ack acks until they threw me out. Then again, I'm relistening to the '07 shows where he's being particularly ungrateful and creepy.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Oh man, that sounds so goddamned awesome. I'd be 10x more excited to see Eric than Howard. I don't even know how I would react to him. Part of me would want to shake his hand and thank him for the dozens of hours of amazing radio, another part would just want to go up to him and go "AUGH...ERR...ACK ruhh MUYH RAUHH". Maybe just tell him off to see him get mad.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Szyznyk posted:

I would have kept making Ralph's best Midget noises and dropping ack acks until they threw me out. Then again, I'm relistening to the '07 shows where he's being particularly ungrateful and creepy.

Do you really want to be the guy seen harassing a severely disabled man on national television?

It if were Robin, on the other hand, I would attach a tape of me singing Brown Mound to her on my resume if I had the chance.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Szyznyk posted:

Wait..this changes?

Crotch Bat posted:

Other than his claws it's probably fairly accurate. He's a blob, he has no core muscle and his neck barely looks like it supports his head at times. He can basically type on a keyboard and look at stuff, that's about it.

I wonder if his hump is a result of no core muscle or just his attempt at slouching. You would think someone in his position would be urged to exercise just a little, as as much as he could in order to keep him from becoming just a head on top of a pile of dog poo poo.

GenoCanSing posted:

Oh man, that sounds so goddamned awesome. I'd be 10x more excited to see Eric than Howard. I don't even know how I would react to him. Part of me would want to shake his hand and thank him for the dozens of hours of amazing radio, another part would just want to go up to him and go "AUGH...ERR...ACK ruhh MUYH RAUHH". Maybe just tell him off to see him get mad.

Given what we know about the Midget, do you want to touch his claws?

And if you want a laugh, look back at the time Eric came to the show and made a fuss about 'being viewed.' Sure as gently caress doesn't have a problem with it now, does he?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Eric's such a timeless prick. I friended him on Facebook msg'ing him how much I loved him, and to also see if I could get my hands on one of those Eric t-shirts Langford mentioned years back.

Fucker hasn't added or msg'd me back :( I tried going the non-creepy route by e-mailing Johnny and Gina on JSFC.tv, but Gina's e-mail addy bounced and Johnny...just never replied. Curses.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Like Howard says, you gotta be a pretty hard mother fucker to look Eric in the eyes and rip him a new one. He looks like a living nightmare, seeing that in person has to be shocking and slows down your rage.

Also thank god you didn't actually touch Howard, -Atom-, he would have ranted the rest of the show about germs.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I liked -Atom-'s story but all I got out of it was how much I'd give to have Eric be a permanent judge on AGT alongside Howard and the rest because I am a crazy person.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

Also thank god you didn't actually touch Howard, -Atom-, he would have ranted the rest of the show about germs.

Howard was actually shaking hands and a hugging people without skipping a beat. It was pretty incredible to witness.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AltronHGX posted:

I liked -Atom-'s story but all I got out of it was how much I'd give to have Eric be a permanent judge on AGT alongside Howard and the rest because I am a crazy person.

I think Howard did say at one point how he'd have Eric on his lap like a little muppet.

Good story Atom, hopefully more people go and can come back and recount the experience, sounds like it was a lot of fun.

edit;

btw Atom, how did Howard look in person? Was he crazy tall? Was he better looking in person or worse or what?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chiz posted:

btw Atom, how did Howard look in person? Was he crazy tall? Was he better looking in person or worse or what?

His hair is kind of frizzy but he's definately a gross looking guy. Not as bad as he likes to say about himself, but he is a awkwardly tall man with a strange looking face. He has a nice smile though.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Like Howard says, you gotta be a pretty hard mother fucker to look Eric in the eyes and rip him a new one. He looks like a living nightmare, seeing that in person has to be shocking and slows down your rage.

It also helps that Eric can't rage in person. He's a big man when he's on the phone, but it doesn't translate at all to to reality. I'm still curious how he would expect to break Fred's fingers.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Just got back from a America's Got Talent taping.

At first I was pretty hesitant on attending as I have never seen the show, and have only Howard's constant carrying on about during his show as something to go off on. But I must admit, it was loving WAY awesome.

First off, we showed up about a half hour late and was told we would be put on "standby" only to somehow manage to get front row seats! I was six chairs away from Howard Stern, and it was pretty intense. Everyone shouting things during the broadcast was essentially all Howard Stern inside jokes. People went loving crazy for Howard, basically.

The three judges had an excellent way of communicating with each other and each gave constructive criticism towards each act. I feel like Sharon is the real dead weight, as Howard and Howie are all throwing out zingers and actually trying to make the act seem compelling.

After about 7 or so acts Howard grabs a mic and announces that Eric the loving Midget is sitting about five rows directly behind me. Once I turned around my dreams had finally come to a realization. I have seen that worthless, club loving footed, ack-acking little prick in person. He's just as hideous as you can imagine. While in his chair he's basically lifeless besides his beady little eyes moving around his skull. It was shocking.

Throughout the taping they kept shuffling people in and out of the front row who were not clapping and acting loving crazy besides me and my friend, and low and behold they bring that loving midget a grand total of four seats to my right. I also saw his handler, Yahn, who was about as goony as you could imagine.

Towards the end Howard was getting booed (unnecessarily in my opinion) about some act and asked for a microphone after he voted out the guy to give his reasons. At the tail end of his rant he decided to walk over to Eric, which would mean he would be walking directly in front of me.

I immediately started losing my poo poo and started thinking of a way to grab his attention to perhaps get a fist bump, because Howard is loving awesome and I want some of his power. As Howard walks by me to get to Eric, he asks the loving midget if he approves of his judging and tells him he made sure he's getting some soda at the auditorium. As Howard begins to walk by me (literally less than a foot in front of me) I yell out "HOWARD I LOVE YOU" and I extend my fist out. He didn't immediately turn around and I backed away thinking he just needed to head back, so as I take my seat he turns around and tries to throw me some love, but I had already blew my chance. Opportunity wasted.

gently caress!

Also, I saw Ronnie the limo driver and he is just about the least immiatating human being I've ever seen. He also might be five foot six.

All in all, if you have a chance to head to a taping you should probably enjoy it. Howard is loving hilarious and the acts are rather entertaining, even if they really suck.

That's awesome, although you should have harassed the midget imo.

Are they live tomorrow because this is going to be discussed if they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAg0COnqds

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've been listening to Sirius ever since Howard started and I've always thought Farrel's voice was familiar from something, but I just couldn't remember from where.

Suddenly it came to me today - Battle Dome, circa 1999

Shield your eyes from the glare off of his shirt.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Glumwheels posted:

That's awesome, although you should have harassed the midget imo.

Are they live tomorrow because this is going to be discussed if they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhAg0COnqds

I can't believe Seacrest didn't know in advance, he seems like the kind to poo poo a brick if you mess with his dress on prom night.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

I can't believe Seacrest didn't know in advance, he seems like the kind to poo poo a brick if you mess with his dress on prom night.

If you're A-list enough you could probably hit him with a juggalo piss balloon and he'd take it without complaint. If you were an Andy Dick he'd have the E! crew break your legs.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Szyznyk posted:

If you're A-list enough you could probably hit him with a juggalo piss balloon and he'd take it without complaint. If you were an Andy Dick he'd have the E! crew break your legs.

True, but it just looks so strange, the cuts, the angle, the way Seacrest is holding the mic like something is going to explode, the reaction of Security who have been warned for a few days about Sascha and talking him up to do something stupid.

The only thing that makes me doubt it is Sascha looks like he is nervous and I don't recall him being that good of an actor and he has been nervous before and shown it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
They are not live today. It's a replay. As of 6:24, at least. :(

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Kelly posted:

So, another 2 day week of shows (if they are even on). Ironically, playing a show from the 2nd day on Sirius when they were enthusiastic and had 5 days of shows.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kelly posted:

Good. I can catch up on my Nick and Artie backlog.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

For anybody who didn't catch the latest Tradio call, check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtemCDJIvZY

I was rolling when they started listing off his 'great grandchildren.'

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Vakal posted:

Good. I can catch up on my Nick and Artie backlog.

I love putting them on while I play games or do stuff on the computer, it is so drat good to hear Artie riffing and laughing and getting dark and creepy and weird on a sports talk show.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

We were watching the "behind-the-scenes" footage on the website, and one of the backstage camera angles noticed him strangely changing out of his "Good" tux just before this happened. It was definitely set up ahead of time.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

We were watching the "behind-the-scenes" footage on the website, and one of the backstage camera angles noticed him strangely changing out of his "Good" tux just before this happened. It was definitely set up ahead of time.

Ahh, okay, glad to see I didn't waiver on my "don't believe anything Seacrest" says motto.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

I love putting them on while I play games or do stuff on the computer, it is so drat good to hear Artie riffing and laughing and getting dark and creepy and weird on a sports talk show.

One thing that needs to be fixed is the audio, as in when Artie drops his voice really low and makes comments, you can't hear them very well at all and those were really funny on Howard when he did them.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

chiz posted:

One thing that needs to be fixed is the audio, as in when Artie drops his voice really low and makes comments, you can't hear them very well at all and those were really funny on Howard when he did them.

Speaking of which the new studio they are looking at should improve it. It's funny comparing the show against Bubba and how far he has fallen. I use to like Bubba but Nick & Artie is a far superior show even with the minor technical issues.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What's going on in the Bubba world anyway? I have to stop following him on Twitter because of all the drama.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Viktor posted:

Speaking of which the new studio they are looking at should improve it. It's funny comparing the show against Bubba and how far he has fallen. I use to like Bubba but Nick & Artie is a far superior show even with the minor technical issues.

Bubba was always like listening to people do a radio play of Jackass, just never worked for me. I need at least a thin layer of "this is an act" on my dumb comedy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Is Bubba still on radioIO? I remember a lot of people complaining about how awful their website was.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Bonzo posted:

What's going on in the Bubba world anyway? I have to stop following him on Twitter because of all the drama.

Loosing markets, one "affilate" was 99W station in Detroit that switched format after two weeks. Only two or three radio stations and the IO show, most of the off air staff has been fired or quit (even Tuddle's show was nixed).

More twitter fights, im guessing thats the drama you referred too, I stopped listening also then. Seems like they might have finally opened the new studio and it's horrible audio from a quick look of the boards.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Bonzo posted:

Also: originally, the radioIO was a subscription-based service and you could "early enlist" for like $300 for three years, which included all of their content for download. Then once they got all of those subscribers, Bubba went and bought a dirt racetrack with the money.

And the radioIO streams were never secured so you could just listen to the shows for free (Bubba is internet-retarded). A few months ago, Bubba announced that radioIO would now be 100% free so he hosed over his loyal "Army".

I haven't really listened to the show lately because the uncensored show is pretty terrible and they seem to be mailing it in for 1.5 hours after they do their terrestrial show. Each time I turn it on they are talking about performing gay stunts.

However they did hire that guy who shot his dog and his ex-wife, Shannon Burke. The show actually is quite funny and better than what Bubba has put on the air. They do some specialty shows as well, and at night they have Scott Leger (sp?) who is a huge truther and conspiracy theorist. He had Tucker Carlson on a few weeks ago to debate 9/11, and Tucker made him look like a fool.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mr Hands Colon posted:

He had Tucker Carlson on a few weeks ago to debate 9/11, and Tucker made him look like a fool.

This just gave me a headache.
Nick, your thoughts?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Is Bubba still on radioIO? I remember a lot of people complaining about how awful their website was.

I was looking to run an ad for my site on their radio station, the rates ended up pretty low but I couldn't shake the feeling I was handing my money to a scam artist, since the media guy could hardly spell and was chomping at the bit to get an advertiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So did it ever come out why Heather is divorcing him? Didn't she gently caress her trainer or something?