Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YF19pilot posted:

So, with the "2013" Dodge Dart coming "Q2 2012", what do you think are the chances we might see it as DLC? Maybe not this month but April?

I hope so because it's a pretty slick looking little car IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
My god that was excellent. D-class racing, I'm mid-pack with a lotus Elan and a Golf neck by neck in front, the Golf just punted the Elan off the track, no reason :(

Later on, they're back in the same situation, but this time the Elan managed to avoid his first attack then went in for an attack of his own. About 6-7 times that Elan smashed off the side of the Golf, not even a wobble. The Lotus drops back.

Then a straightaway, I'm hammering along in Supercharged Death sounding like cats in a dyson and he goes to ram me! I'm in a goddamn 79' Camaro that weighs a billion tons, so he starts pounding into me anyway! I slammed him back till he spun off.

Then what happens at the corner at the end of the straight? That cocky little Lotus zipped through my inside and took off with a bonnet full of bees. Like he'd been waiting the whole race :3:

There was also a guy who got into a massive rage and refused to race because he was in a leaf and 2 other guys had been slagging it off as a leaderboard car. I swear, somehow every round with pubbies is completley differant, yet exactly the same...

Oh yeah, I decided to take you guys advice and let others fight a little to pass me. No blocking or dick-moves, but I was kinda sick of slowing down or pulling aside just because they demand the racing line.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Captain Hair posted:

I'm in a goddamn 79' Camaro that weighs a billion tons

The second I got here I read the rest of your post in Clarkson's voice. :3:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I hope so because it's a pretty slick looking little car IMO.

I'd love to see the new Dart in the game too. I'm going to be in the market for a new car by the end of the year, and I'm seriously considering it.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Hey YF19pilot, I think you missed me after I chose one that someone else claimed.

I replied again but may have got lost in the crowd.

I'll take any random one you got left over.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

JaysonAych posted:

I'd love to see the new Dart in the game too. I'm going to be in the market for a new car by the end of the year, and I'm seriously considering it.

If only they'd give us the turbo 1.7 in the Dart that they have in the Giulietta Cloverleaf, since, well the Dart is just a Giulietta with Dodge clothes on.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Is there anything worthwhile to do if you've only got a free xbox live account? I'll be moving soon so don't want to pay yet as I don't know about my interweb situation. I've downloaded the free dlc cars, had a look at rivals mode which all seem to be 45 min lap times on any track and anything that seems interesting requires gold account.

- - -

Edit: Aaand now I got the same issue as someone mentioned earlier. Trying to view a car in the buy section. Logo appears, loading, nothing happens. Hit B, everything is blank, Xbox freezes. Car in question is a Lancia Delta Integrale EVO. I guess it is corrupt or something. If I just delete my game files, keeping save files, and install the game again, I should be fine right? :( drat you Forza, I just want to play and not have all these issues :(

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 25, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ok, there's officially nothing more intense and nervewracking in this game than driving the 787b around the 'Ring, trying to get a no-assists clean lap in cockpit view, rowing gears like a lunatic with the Fanatec 6-speed/Clubsport clutch. The view is so restricted vertically it feels like every meter of elevation change leaves you blind for a few critical moments as you can only see 3 feet in front of you at 197 mph.

I uploaded a couple replays to my storefront, but I now think I have nerve damage and my eyes are permanently frozen open due to not blinking for 7 minutes. I don't know what made me decide to subject myself to shifting this mental motor with the stick, but it was drat fun.

This car is genius and I typically don't like R-cars.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is the cockpit view worse than the Peugeot 908? Because it's the only car I have to change the view from cockpit to hood because I can't make out poo poo when in that thing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

YF19pilot posted:

So, with the "2013" Dodge Dart coming "Q2 2012", what do you think are the chances we might see it as DLC? Maybe not this month but April?
I was genuinely interested, but then I saw photos of the car. You Americans just cannot design sedans anymore. (see also: Ford Fusion w/ whatup grill)

However...?

2013 Ford Mondeo

The Ford Mondeo has been a pretty car for a long time, but... wow, goddamn.

Falken fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 25, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't you mean the Ford DB9? It's always puzzled me why the US gets poo poo versions and the UK gets stuff that looks and drives a million times better, but Aston Martin owners who were annoyed the new Jaaaaag looks like their 2x as expensive car have to be muttering even more about now, now that the entry level sales rep car is a dead ringer. That's a sharp car.

Mondeo vs Ford 500 (or Taurus as they're calling it after the 500 moniker flopped) is a larf. Why not just give us the Mondeo as well instead of Grandpa's Boring Sedan? And the Euro Focus is also a considerably better drive than the US version, I always try to get those as rentals when I'm overseas. I understand we need bigger bumpers because the fatass pedestrians in the US or whatever, but c'mon.

Liku -- The 908 cockpit is restrictive in an annoying fashion, I also go hood cam for that one - but the 787b is open enough to be drivable, but restricted enough to make it that much more hairy.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Yeah. It also has a hint of Maserati GranTurismo headlight if you ask me.

Also, I can't use cockpit view because there's a) no sense of speed b) the steering wheel only rotates 180 degrees in the cockpit compared to my 720. It's very jarring.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
The V8 Supercar cockpits are pretty bad for the rollcage member right across your field of view.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

The next Viper is going to be shown at the Geneva auto show and there have already been one or two leaked pictures of it floating about, wouldn't surprise me if we saw that soon. Though I have to wonder whether or not they'll list it as a Dodge, considering the Viper had been spun off as its own brand like Ram trucks were.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Falken posted:

I was genuinely interested, but then I saw photos of the car. You Americans just cannot design sedans anymore. (see also: Ford Fusion w/ whatup grill)

However...?

2013 Ford Mondeo

You mean the 2013 fusion?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Falken posted:

I kinda was hoping they'd keep it a hatch, but apparently sedans sell better or some such.

quote:

However...?

2013 Ford Mondeo Fusion

*ahem*

Despite the chrome grille, the Fusion has been a decent car, too, and it was only a matter of time before they made the two cars one (I think it's been rumored ever since the last facelift they gave the Fusion).

Ether Frenzy posted:

Mondeo vs Ford 500 (or Taurus as they're calling it after the 500 moniker flopped) is a larf. Why not just give us the Mondeo as well instead of Grandpa's Boring Sedan? And the Euro Focus is also a considerably better drive than the US version, I always try to get those as rentals when I'm overseas. I understand we need bigger bumpers because the fatass pedestrians in the US or whatever, but c'mon.

It's more Mondeo vs Fusion, not Taurus since the Taurus moved up to a full size sedan. But since the 2013 Mondeo/Fusion are the same car, you can feel free to stop complaining.

Also, puddin, I got you down for the Red Fanatec car. Let me know if you're cool with that.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 25, 2012

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

YF19pilot posted:

I kinda was hoping they'd keep it a hatch, but apparently sedans sell better or some such.

*ahem*

I was hoping for it to a least have a hidden-hatch style, like the one you could get on the old Shadow and the Mazda6.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

YF19pilot posted:

It's more Mondeo vs Fusion, not Taurus since the Taurus moved up to a full size sedan. But since the 2013 Mondeo/Fusion are the same car, you can feel free to stop complaining.

It's about time. I've been jealously eyeballing the Mondeo on UK visits for at least a decade now, if only because it makes the "common domestic car" that is prevalent on the road a better looking class of car. Also, the Fusion didn't exist until 2006 and before that, the Taurus/500 was the only comparable car to the Mondeo which has been the same class car since 2000.

On the flip side, it's puzzling that Nissan don't sell the Altima in the UK/Europe market, but do have a similar sized economy sedan that's pretty ugly comparatively. (The Primera)

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 25, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Nevermind, gotta learn to let ignorant bullshit go. Someone with strong opinions about poo poo they don't know anything about can't be talked sense to...

Q_res fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 25, 2012

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

My bad. No idea the 2013 Fusion is identical. It was the 2011 Fusion with it's godawful grille that bothered me.

Q_Res, you seem upset.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Just a reminder that you have until Wednesday to set a time in the King of the Track event. Rampage hasn't bothered to try posting a new time, so 1:51.674 is still what you have to beat to get a unicorn Camaro SS.

Also they're taking votes for what unicorn to give out for the March VIP Rivals event on their Facebook page, although the choices all kinda stink and the doriftuuuuuuu Silvia will probably win by a landslide anyway because people are dumb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All I want is the M3 GTR :'(

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
GoonMons on Wednesday!

UPDATE: The (completely optional) theme for the evening is "UNLOVED PROJECTS".

In my one lap of practice tonight, I cranked out a 11:54.xxx on the Green Hell, and had a top speed of 120 MPH on the S/F straightaway. =)

I'd love to see you new guys join us!

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 26, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Also they're taking votes for what unicorn to give out for the March VIP Rivals event on their Facebook page, although the choices all kinda stink and the doriftuuuuuuu Silvia will probably win by a landslide anyway because people are dumb.

Actually, it looks like the Mine's Skyline is winning by a healthy margin. Which isn't bad considering it and the NSX are the best options on there.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Just a reminder that you have until Wednesday to set a time in the King of the Track event. Rampage hasn't bothered to try posting a new time, so 1:51.674 is still what you have to beat to get a unicorn Camaro SS.

gently caress. I'm at 1:58 still. I really don't want to do that challenge again. gently caress that car in every way.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

It'd be interesting if they got the likes of Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso doing laptimes for these challenges, but only give them 4 laps practice or so.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Falken posted:

It'd be interesting if they got the likes of Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso doing laptimes for these challenges, but only give them 4 laps practice or so.

Hamilton v. Gordon, rematch at Infineon (since we don't have Watkins Glen). Make it a two parter, Hamilton's time in a McLaren MP4-12C, Gordon's time in the Chevy stocker. And yes, limit their laps.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Zinjnok posted:

Last night during the two laps on The Ring is a perfect example of this. You blocked me on the last corner of the first lap. Was it a bit annoying? Yes. But it was a perfectly acceptable racing move and I would have done it if I was in the lead.

This is awesome and the rule posted earlier is perfectly true- it is the responsibility of the passing car to make a clean pass. It doesn't matter if the guy in front is going 25mph and drifting sideways just to block the track. If the front car is being a giant douche, he should be reported to the host / track officials / etc, but you're still obligated to treat his line on the track as law. This one rule covers 90% of track etiquette.

...assuming you treat this game as serious business, which isn't always mandatory, and sometimes isn't even desirable (pit pubbies every day).

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

TannhauserGate posted:

This is awesome and the rule posted earlier is perfectly true- it is the responsibility of the passing car to make a clean pass. It doesn't matter if the guy in front is going 25mph and drifting sideways just to block the track. If the front car is being a giant douche, he should be reported to the host / track officials / etc, but you're still obligated to treat his line on the track as law. This one rule covers 90% of track etiquette.

...assuming you treat this game as serious business, which isn't always mandatory, and sometimes isn't even desirable (pit pubbies every day).

Even goons make mistakes. We're just not giant douches about it. And we don't do it on purpose. Usually.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If people throw a huge block when I have a massive run on them, their rear end is going around. Running a defensive line is fine, but so many times I've had assholes try to block me with a 20 MPH speed difference. gently caress you; I'm not slowing down for that poo poo.

e: it's also worth pointing out that in many series', blocking like I described means penalties, so I'm perfectly right to not tolerate it :colbert:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 26, 2012

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I just wished that Forza had some sort of penalty system that mattered for pub bone races. Not strict like iRacing per se, but a system that gave reason for people to race clean. Perhaps a way to vote in the middle of a race to 'black flag' a driver that's cutting turns and colliding with players. I always liked the whole "you cut the course, slow down to make up the time or be sent to the pits." I know it's infinitely better to just do private lobbies but sometimes it's nothing but drifts and cruises for those.

edit: what the gently caress iPad, "pub bone" races!?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Last night a Lotus Elan tried to ram my Camaro off the track. For a good 3 laps.

Some pubbies... some pubbies.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Jabs posted:

GoonMons on Wednesday!

UPDATE: The (completely optional) theme for the evening is "UNLOVED PROJECTS".

In my one lap of practice tonight, I cranked out a 11:54.xxx on the Green Hell, and had a top speed of 120 MPH on the S/F straightaway. =)

I'd love to see you new guys join us!
I still have no idea what kind of car and mods is acceptable for this race. I think I'm going to just make a Pinto of about E250...sound about right?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Captain Hair posted:

Last night a Lotus Elan tried to ram my Camaro off the track. For a good 3 laps.

Some pubbies... some pubbies.

That sounds hilarious. Any footage?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

I just wished that Forza had some sort of penalty system that mattered for pub bone races. Not strict like iRacing per se, but a system that gave reason for people to race clean. Perhaps a way to vote in the middle of a race to 'black flag' a driver that's cutting turns and colliding with players. I always liked the whole "you cut the course, slow down to make up the time or be sent to the pits." I know it's infinitely better to just do private lobbies but sometimes it's nothing but drifts and cruises for those.

edit: what the gently caress iPad, "pub bone" races!?

I liked earlier Forza's method of applying penalty seconds for going off track. Turn 10 should hire an AI guy to monitor traffic behavior and assign blame for various incidents and add penalty seconds to whoever is to "blame". Then when the race is over, rank drivers based on total race time after the penalties are applied.

It probably wouldn't be perfect and would frequently assign blame to the wrong driver, but it would certainly motivate people to drive better.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I still have no idea what kind of car and mods is acceptable for this race. I think I'm going to just make a Pinto of about E250...sound about right?

The rules are a bit...flexible...like LeMons.

* Last time, the rule was "The car should have been *commonly* available off a lovely Buy Here Pay Here car lot at some time in the past for $2000 or less." This rule will be a little more flexible this time around.

* The unofficial theme is "UNLOVED PROJECTS" It is hereby presumed that you bought your car from a Craigslist Ad that said "OVER $XX,XXX INVESTED!!!"
Your "budget" is ~$20,000 Craigslist (or other classified adsite) dollars. Find an unloved project out there, that you can buy today (or recently), and build it in Forza. Save the link and post it post-race! Show us your inspiration that is full of hilarity and awful and WTF!

* Stock tire size and compound is mandatory (Stock wheels were mandatory last time, but not this time)

* Race Weight Reduction and Full Cage are mandatory. It is presumed that you stripped the interior and sold it for some "free" mod money.

* To allow for the widest variety of project cars, there will be 4 player "buckets" that you can put your car into in order to meet the target lap time...

Stock: 0% power handicap
Street: 25% power handicap
Sport: 45% power handicap
Race: 70% power handicap

All cars will have a 10% handling handicap (unloved projects have old decrepit tires, yo!)

* It's a 1.2 hour race, so (unlike most races) there won't be lap times. It'll be up to you to put down some practice laps and know how close you are to the "target" time of TEN MINUTES.
Close racing is more fun than hotlapping the Nurburgring by yourself.
GUIDELINE: I'm a very "middle of the pack" racer, I'm bringing a "Race" car, and with the 70%/10% handicap bucket, I've put down an 11:38 standing start, and a 11:01 flying lap, and a speed across the S/F of 119 MPH on the flying lap. I'm going to add 'go fast' parts and tuning to get down to that TEN MINUTE mark.

* Like past races, SIMULATION DAMAGE WILL REMAIN ON, however, UNLIKE past races, The Green Hell can bite you in the rear end HARD if you don't know the track and it's a LONG limp back to the pits. I don't expect you to know that track, and crashing out is no loving fun at all.
As a compromise, the FULL racing line and ABS will be available.

GOOD HUNTING!

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 27, 2012

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I didn't even know the Ring had pits. Neat.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

All I want is the M3 GTR :'(
You and me both. :smith::respek::smith:

Q_res posted:

Actually, it looks like the Mine's Skyline is winning by a healthy margin. Which isn't bad considering it and the NSX are the best options on there.
I guess I'm okay with either of those. The other three are ultra-specialized cars that can't really be tuned for general racing use though, at least not without min-maxing them first. And that really just sucks all the fun out of it in my opinion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

I didn't even know the Ring had pits. Neat.

Conveniently, they're right after the first major corner, so if you get caught up in the inevitable turn 1 crash derby, you can limp your way into the pits and continue the race.

Sometimes the wreck will even shunt people right into the pits, which is also funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What time are you doing that, Jabs? (it's Wednesday, yeah?) Sounds like exactly my type of race, I might join you guys.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 27, 2012

• Locked thread