Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Jerry, that's in Sweden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Mike Tysons CARFAX posted:

So I've seen every episode multiple times and have all the seasons but I've never seen the finally and never really had an urge to. I vaguely know what it's about (please don't spoil it) but from what I could gather from Curb is that it wasn't very good? What did you guys think?

I think over the years people have gotten "used" to it more or less. Maybe not so much reviled as it is just underwhelming overall. I'd check it out.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

CaptainHollywood posted:

I think over the years people have gotten "used" to it more or less. Maybe not so much reviled as it is just underwhelming overall. I'd check it out.

Underwhelming is right. And there just wasn't anything to it. It's like "hey, remember this guy? Or how about this chick? haha, remember them". Yeah, we do.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a little better than a clips episode. Some of the stuff on the plane is kinda funny, but yeah. It feels like it wraps a lot of things up, but not in the way a lot of people would have liked.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
The thing I disliked the most about the whole premise of the finale was the fact that the fat guy gets robbed at gunpoint, and the cop who arrests them later says that the law requires you to help as long as it's "reasonable" to do so. He had a god drat gun.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Am I the only one who thinks/worried It's Always Sunny may end a similar way?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Relayer posted:

The thing I disliked the most about the whole premise of the finale was the fact that the fat guy gets robbed at gunpoint, and the cop who arrests them later says that the law requires you to help as long as it's "reasonable" to do so. He had a god drat gun.

And really, videotaping the incident can go a long way in catching the guy. And even doing that is risky because who knows what the guy would have done if he knew they were taping him.

I guess you could say that Elaine should have called the police on her cell phone.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

wa27 posted:

I guess you could say that Elaine should have called the police on her cell phone.

I don't think they had cell phones.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
And there was a cop right there, close enough to see them not doing anything. Why didn't he help?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

User-Friendly posted:

And there was a cop right there, close enough to see them not doing anything. Why didn't he help?

And shouldn't he say badbye? Does he live underwater...? Is he black?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Oh, Babu..?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

Elaine did at least (remember the egregious "cell phone walk and talk" from earlier in the episode?). I don't know if she took it on the trip though.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW2Jf29hlXA

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
"What! You think I've never been in a Cadillac?"

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

What episodes do you feel like most people havent seen, the ones rarely discussed even though they might be really good? For me it's The Close Talker with the best plotline being George faking a trip to Paris with prewritten postcards to get out of having to be a Big Brother to little Joey, then it backfires and he ends up forced to take Joey on an actual trip to Paris that he pays for.

Also the episode where the Seinfelds admit to loathing the Costanzas.
The one where George takes a limo from the airport belonging to some guy named O'Brien.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
e: nvm, late as hell.

Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taft.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

wa27 posted:

Elaine did at least (remember the egregious "cell phone walk and talk" from earlier in the episode?). I don't know if she took it on the trip though.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW2Jf29hlXA

Actually, I consider this still accurate.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

b0nes posted:

The one where George takes a limo from the airport belonging to some guy named O'Brien.

As someone who has seen the majority of episodes a dozen + times i have probably only seen that episode maybe 3 times.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

So I finally did it. I found an episode I'd never seen before: The Reverse Peephole. There's something absolutely bizarre about Jerry standing in the street, wearing a fur coat, yelling to everyone that he carries a purse.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Kakumei posted:

So I finally did it. I found an episode I'd never seen before: The Reverse Peephole. There's something absolutely bizarre about Jerry standing in the street, wearing a fur coat, yelling to everyone that he carries a purse.
What was it like? :allears:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Kakumei posted:

TOUCH ME, LOVE ME!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Jerry, where'd you get it?? That's his coat!

No it's not, it's mine. I'm a fancy boy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Criminal Minded posted:

TOUCH ME, LOVE ME!

SHOWER ME WITH KISSES

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Can you believe it? I'm vomiting on June 29th again!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

CaptainHollywood posted:

What the heck is e-mail?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

mojo1701a posted:

What the heck is e-mail?

I gotta get on this Internet. I'm late on everything!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

CaptainHollywood posted:

Am I the only one that worried that people keep putting It's Always Sunny in the same sentence as Seinfeld as if it was a good show?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Am I the only one that worried that people keep putting It's Always Sunny in the same sentence as Seinfeld as if it was a good show?
Why don't you think it's a good show? The tagline of "It's Seinfeld on crack" pretty much describes Sunny.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Why don't you think it's a good show? The tagline of "It's Seinfeld on crack" pretty much describes Sunny.

I've heard that description before but when I saw it I didn't really like it much either, personally. I definitely didn't think it was terrible, I laughed but it felt cheap or something. I'll admit I've only seen maybe five or six episodes, but I don't remember thinking it was anything like Seinfeld. From what I saw the humor just seemed to mostly be "awwww no way he DIDN'T just say\do that!!". It didn't really have any of the great subtlety of Seinfeld at all, but maybe that's where the "on crack" part comes from, I don't know. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show and I don't think I've laughed once at Always Sunny. A few of my friends made me watch several episodes about a year ago because they thought I would like it, and I really didn't. At all.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hey ... it's George .... I got nothing to say.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've seen a few episodes of It's Always Sunny and quite enjoyed them, but it's nothing like Seinfeld at all other than having a cast of selfish characters wrapped up in their own lives.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Because, as in real life, crack makes people sad and unfunny.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

thepokey posted:

I leave this voicemail all the time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The thing about Sunny and Seinfeld is that people who hate them seem to hate them for the same reasons but people who love either won't necessarily love the other despite their similarities.

Mr. Misrule
May 5, 2011

CaptainHollywood posted:

I'd be surprised. "The High School Reunion" was Sunny's version of a callback episode, and it was much more satisfying than the Seinfeld finale.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thepokey posted:

That sounds urgent!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show and I don't think I've laughed once at Always Sunny. A few of my friends made me watch several episodes about a year ago because they thought I would like it, and I really didn't. At all.

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show and Sunny is one of my top 5 favorite shows on TV that is still running.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
You want a sweater? Here take this one!

But it's not mine!

IT'S BROWN!!

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick
"You know there are tribes in Indonesia where if you keep your coat on in somebody's house, the families go to war!"

May be one of the best lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
What did you go out with me for?! Just to dump chocolate on my shirt and then just dump me altogether?! I don't deserve that kind of treatment! What,
you don't have the common courtesy to return my calls?! To apologize! You think I'm some sort of a loser, that likes to be abused and ignored?! Who's shirt can be ruined without financial restitution?! Some sort of a masochist who enjoys being humiliated? You think you can avoid me like I have some sort of disease?! You have the disease! You have the disease! You may be beautiful and rich and physically .. just .. unbelievable, but you sicken me! You disgust me! You and everyone like you!