Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Anyone seen a howto for the ChromeOS OpenVPN setup?

It's seems overly complex, i.e. client certificates + username/password auth, and confusingly might include server certificates in addition. The username auth only seems functional with upstream OpenVPN-as packages and not Linux distribution builds on the server side, and similarly unlikely to work with pfSense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib
Does anyone else's Chrome crash constantly? Sometimes I get the "AW SNAP Chrome has crashed" screen when I just have to reload the tab, which I believe is Flash taking a dump. I also get complete browser crashes out of nowhere, random C:// errors, just all sorts of dumb poo poo. It's only been happening the past few weeks or so.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

hammeritme posted:

Does anyone else's Chrome crash constantly? Sometimes I get the "AW SNAP Chrome has crashed" screen when I just have to reload the tab, which I believe is Flash taking a dump. I also get complete browser crashes out of nowhere, random C:// errors, just all sorts of dumb poo poo. It's only been happening the past few weeks or so.
Are you on the beta channel? I had this issue with the beta and switched back to the stable because it was pretty annoying.

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Bioalchemist posted:

Are you on the beta channel? I had this issue with the beta and switched back to the stable because it was pretty annoying.

Nope, just the regular 17.0.963.56 release. 64 bit Windows 7.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Has anyone else on the beta channel run into contacts.google.com freezing? Whenever I load that page (in either Mac OS or Linux), the page is always unresponsive and has to be killed. It happens in an incognito window with extensions disabled, too, so it's not an install extension that's causing the issue. Everything loads fine in Firefox, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So I'm back on Chrome after dealing with Firefox for quite some time. I'm loving that sync thing and the fact I don't have to worry about bookmarks or passwords and all.

However there are two things that still bug me. Is there still really know way to set a wallpaper by right clicking? Is that still done with an extension and if so, which one? Also is there anyway to make the download bar a download popup instead? I prefer Firefox's method of doing all this and Chromes is just a mess for me.

EDIT: There is literally an extension called "Set Image as Wallpaper". :waycool:

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 23, 2012

MrHyde
Dec 17, 2002

Hello, Ladies
I'm trying to visit a site with an expired security certificate. I know it's fine and want to proceed anyway but Chrome just gives me a "The site's security certificate has expired" page with no option to continue. Is there a way to bypass this and visit the site regardless?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Not that I can figure out, I just switched to IE for the time being.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
So I'm the guy with the Lenovo X220 tablet that logs out when using Chrome. Am I alone here? I'm running the latest beta and its driving me nuts. Anyone else out there with this problem or am I special?

Strat
Nov 6, 2004

MrHyde posted:

I'm trying to visit a site with an expired security certificate. I know it's fine and want to proceed anyway but Chrome just gives me a "The site's security certificate has expired" page with no option to continue. Is there a way to bypass this and visit the site regardless?

No there isn't, although the site you're trying to access has updated their security certificate so it should work now :).

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I came across an odd problem a moment ago, running Chrome dev branch on Mac OSX 10.7.3. I've never had issues with Chrome, but when I tried running the browser a moment ago, the window popped up before crashing immediately. After a bit of Googling, I found that if I remove info.plist from the Application folder for Chrome, the problem would be solved. Has anyone come across this problem before? Am I okay just deleting this file and using Chrome as normal?

edit: I tried reinstalling Chrome before the info.plist fix but had the same problem -- maybe because I didn't reboot in between reinstalling?

massless
Feb 25, 2012
e: nvm

massless fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 8, 2012

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Is there a way to make Chrome stop reusing the current tab? If I left click a link on a page, I want Chrome to open a new tab for that link and switch focus to the new tab unlike middle clicking it, which would open it in the background.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I've heard Chrome tracks your browsing habits and sends the stats to Google. Is this still the case? Does Chromium have this built-in as well?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

You can turn that off, Settings -> Under the Hood (Advanced Settings...) -> Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Ah thanks, will give it a try then.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Well, Chrome, it's been a fun ride for the last year and a half or so, but I've finally gotten fed up with your constant freezes, crashes and other stability problems. I'm moving back in with Firefox. If we're both unmarried by the time we're 40, we can get married, okay?

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Misogynist posted:

Well, Chrome, it's been a fun ride for the last year and a half or so, but I've finally gotten fed up with your constant freezes, crashes and other stability problems. I'm moving back in with Firefox. If we're both unmarried by the time we're 40, we can get married, okay?

Thanks for telling us.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Misogynist posted:

It's either your computer or you're running unstable builds and acting surprised when they crash.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's either your computer or you're running unstable builds and acting surprised when they crash.

I run unstable builds and am surprised that it never crashes.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Misogynist posted:

Besides the problem I posted about earlier (which I resolved in 5 minutes) Chrome has never crashed on me; and I'm on the dev branch.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
I've been using Chrome for at least a year now, and it's never crashed. Since they took out the vertical tabs, I'm using an older version without any problems. I typically have 40-120 tabs open at any time. When I used Firefox, it could not handle that load.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
When I'm working on a research project, I'll often have pinned tabs, and multiple windows open. Sometimes, I'll close the window with the pinned tabs before remembering that I have other windows open. Is there a way to keep the pinned tabs persistent between sessions unless I remove them manually, or will I have to use an extension of some sort?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Misogynist posted:

I've been on the dev version for years and can count the number of unstable builds I've come across on one hand. Something's up with your computer, dude.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

flatluigi posted:

I've been on the dev version for years and can count the number of unstable builds I've come across on one hand. Something's up with your computer, dude.

I was actually having a ton of problems with the beta build so I doubled down and went dev for the first time, seems to have fixed everything.

Mostly what wasn't working was stuff like google maps never loading, which I thought odd. Also I couldn't edit my info in G+ (oh noes)

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

unpronounceable posted:

When I'm working on a research project, I'll often have pinned tabs, and multiple windows open. Sometimes, I'll close the window with the pinned tabs before remembering that I have other windows open. Is there a way to keep the pinned tabs persistent between sessions unless I remove them manually, or will I have to use an extension of some sort?
I do this too and it's a massive pain. I really miss being able to restore an entire closed window and once like I used to do with Opera.

In fact, recovering closed tabs in general was so much better in Opera.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

unpronounceable posted:

If you have two windows open with a bunch of tabs in each and close one of them, hitting CTRL+Shift+T will bring the window back along with all the tabs that were in it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

tvgm2 posted:

If you have two windows open with a bunch of tabs in each and close one of them, hitting CTRL+Shift+T will bring the window back along with all the tabs that were in it.

Or you can click on Recently Closed on your New Tab page and there'll be a '10 Tabs' entry or whatever.

But if you click the wrench and choose Exit it'll close all your windows and restore them all next time - not used any pinned tabs but it shouldn't make any difference

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I've been having a weird issue since I started using Chrome. Any linked image from imgur has a red border and can't be clicked. The same pics are clickable in FireFox. What setting am I missing?

Prize Loser
Nov 28, 2005

It's casual Friday! Pants are optional!

icehewk posted:

I've been having a weird issue since I started using Chrome. Any linked image from imgur has a red border and can't be clicked. The same pics are clickable in FireFox. What setting am I missing?

It's a forums issue, mostly. There's a fix for it by Anal Volcano in QCS.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Beautiful, thanks!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My GF decided that she would update my laptop running ubuntu 10.10 last night :allears: , turns out she not only grabbed the few update patches she also went ahead and updated to Ubuntu 11.10 :suicide:

Anyhow Considering i didn't have any recent backups prior to her updating looks like i'm stuck on this clusterf%%%

How do i get Chromium to only zoom text size & keep the new setting so when the laptop is either shutdown or rebooted etc the size does not reset back to default.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

My keyword searches have stopped working on my work computer (90% sure they still work on my other computers). I used to be able to do "w<space>list of ALF characters" and it would search Wikipedia for me. Now, it searches Google for w list of ALF characters.

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm pretty sure it broke when I upgraded to 17 on Friday (I don't close my browser as often as I should). I have many more keyword searches, and none of them work.

It should be noted that w<tab> works, but that's not acceptable.

Cpt.Wacky
Apr 17, 2005
Is there any way to make the built-in PDF viewer default to "fit width"? Latest stable, win 7 x64.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
The Windows version of Chrome puts user-specific shortcuts on my desktop (so my girlfriend can start her user in Chrome just by double clicking that). Does the OSX version have a similar feature? I can't find any way other than starting Chrome and THEN choosing your user.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Is anyone else getting a lot of crashing with the latest dev version? Both my netbook and desktop have chrome crashing quite frequently.

Snow Fire
Oct 29, 2011

Drevoak posted:

Is anyone else getting a lot of crashing with the latest dev version? Both my netbook and desktop have chrome crashing quite frequently.

I haven't had a single crash yet. I noticed YouTube would crash if I scrolled down with the html5 player enabled, what was crashing I have no clue as Flash and Silverlight are both disabled, but that appears to be fixed in the latest version.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Is it possible to add right click searches in chrome? When I highlight text it gives me the option to search google for the highlighted text; is there any way to search for the highlighted text in search engines other than google?

Snow Fire
Oct 29, 2011

furiouskoala posted:

Is it possible to add right click searches in chrome? When I highlight text it gives me the option to search google for the highlighted text; is there any way to search for the highlighted text in search engines other than google?

Go into settings, and change the search engine the omnibox uses. It should also change the search engine used when you right click highlighted text.

Edit: This extension will do what you want to do.

Snow Fire fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Any recommendations for a cookie management extension? I'd like something that I can whitelist cookies from regular sites that I visit like SA and either block or remove anything else whenever I close my browser.