Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I'm not as into this poo poo as a lot of you but whether or not the author is an adult or a child must certainly change the perspective you have on the comic. And the donation thing was a hypothetical question because I'm curious how many people genuinely enjoy the comic vs. enjoy it ironically. I wasn't seriously suggesting people donate to the kid, which I thought should have been obvious.

And what in this thread isn't weird? In all seriousness. I ain't making GBS threads on anything here, there's some good comedy here, but I'm mostly just curious about the whole thing I guess. I'm actually somewhat baffled that any of this would "ruin it" for some of you.

Anyway, good work by everdraed and gimbal and sorry to break the fourth wall by discussing the child author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Some Other Guy posted:

I'm not as into this poo poo as a lot of you but whether or not the author is an adult or a child must certainly change the perspective you have on the comic. And the donation thing was a hypothetical question because I'm curious how many people genuinely enjoy the comic vs. enjoy it ironically. I wasn't seriously suggesting people donate to the kid, which I thought should have been obvious.

And what in this thread isn't weird? In all seriousness. I ain't making GBS threads on anything here, there's some good comedy here, but I'm mostly just curious about the whole thing I guess. I'm actually somewhat baffled that any of this would "ruin it" for some of you.

Anyway, good work by everdraed and gimbal and sorry to break the fourth wall by discussing the child author.

The specific point where my enjoyment stopped being ironic was "Hey can you put a coaster under that". Before that I wasn't sure if the comedy was intentional.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I unironically thought the part where Toad was getting trolled was pretty funny but I gave up on the whole thing after the first chapter because it was just too drat violent for me.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Everdraed posted:

Phew, it's done! Ch 1 Pg 2 of the Tails Got Trolled Story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJIUkr4_1U0&hd=1

Holy poo poo, this is beautiful.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

oh my god
this entire thread
this entire saga
they're all so beautiful

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
I have always been a big fan of horrible sonic fan media in all of its mediums, but before now I had never encountered something I actually wanted to continue seeing beyond the initial laugh and cringe.

MyPants
Jan 20, 2009

Everdraed posted:

This is beautiful. You're beautiful.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I still can't believe Sonic is dead. This loving sucks. They better get the dragon balls or something.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I ran into this video of lazerbot thanking everyone who has contributed fanart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNmsR5MfdY&feature=related

"I don't know all there names but thank you" :allears: I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that he is appreciative.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Goobish posted:

"I don't know all there names but thank you" :allears: I just wanted to make sure you guys knew that he is appreciative.

It was really nice of him to include a link to the treat.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Goobish posted:

:3: Shine on lazerbot, you crazy diamond. I hope he writes more awesome for us to enjoy soon.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those videos were amazing. Great job, both of you!

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Wow. Now I wonder if he's going to actually get an account here and post here, since he's actively reading this thread, at least.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Goobish posted:

He was also animating scenes from this comic before SomethingAwful had ever heard of it. Okay, so it was just one scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhAkJGhnwQ&feature=related

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wow, that's not a bad animation given his age. When this kid grows up he might be animating the next Akira or some poo poo except it'll have a sense of humor instead of taking itself so seriously.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

Heads up for page 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR_xDhkrHFI&hd=1

Seeing as doing this stuff takes a while (and as Everdraed mentioned earlier in the thread), I pitched in for all that is worthwhile and made this one. If anybody else would like to make a page it would be awesome!
This is not getting enough love. :3: This is going to be magical (if people would stop poking the artist and let this flow naturally!)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
That motion comic is great, but my favourite handling of the gently caress YOU TROLLS panel is still the "sonic at the winter Olympics" one with the Smooth Criminal riff right before he says it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

That motion comic is great, but my favourite handling of the gently caress YOU TROLLS panel is still the "sonic at the winter Olympics" one with the Smooth Criminal riff right before he says it.

Wait, what? I don't think I've seen this.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait, what? I don't think I've seen this.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I don't know, the one Everdread mentioned about using the Back to the Future sting kinda was amazing.

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I have all the audio that's been posted in the thread so far zipped and ready for the future when they check this poo poo out in the goldmine. Just realized I can't post it up on tinideck though. Who should I have host the file?

Also, whoever did the clip where that one guy gets named "the money guy", I forgot to write in your name. Please lemme know.

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
Aramek mediafire stopped being an rear end, thanks for checking. Also I did another arts for one of my favorite panels in which Tails shows zero passion towards the script:

As for those animations, where do I begin? They are glorious things, I never want this crazy train to stop.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

Everdraed posted:

This deserves, like, an award or something. Holy balls.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

The sonichu amulet(or whatever the hell he calls it) got the hardest laugh from me.

This thread is pretty great

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This thread is incredible. I've been laughing the whole way through.

Lazerbot, If you're reading this, I really want to see the rest of it. This is brilliant stuff and I hope your mouse gets fixed soon.

Also, those videos the goons have been making are insane. One thing Everdraed's has that made me laugh really loudly when I saw it was the fact that Tails has infinite tails. They just keep going forever.

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Audio files from the thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mb8y17wanu72v64

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Do we already have a voice for Cream? I would like to record something later if that's OK.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
For those coming from the front page Goldmine, both of the big compilations are missing a page (chapter 4, part 15).

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Gray Stormy posted:

The sonichu amulet(or whatever the hell he calls it) got the hardest laugh from me.

This thread is pretty great

Hah, I just noticed it. The proper name is the Sonichu Medallion.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Yeah, I like sneaking in silly references when I can, it's delicious chicken fat. Also, using these sort of projects to practice random things like particles (each drop realistically darkens the grass!!) and linking audio amplitude through expressions to promote the beat (like for the sun, the tears and background in the second panel, etc) is pretty fun.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

For those coming from the front page Goldmine, both of the big compilations are missing a page (chapter 4, part 15).

but on page 16 we clearly see the robot dead with both his legs

:psyduck:

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:stare:

Death by dick impalement?

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Tails Gets Trolled: The Lost Pages

:allears: Please tell me there are mor

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is like if Marvel published "What If Dragonball was about Sonic and wasn't drawn particularly well?"

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Everdraed posted:

Yeah, I like sneaking in silly references when I can, it's delicious chicken fat. Also, using these sort of projects to practice random things like particles (each drop realistically darkens the grass!!) and linking audio amplitude through expressions to promote the beat (like for the sun, the tears and background in the second panel, etc) is pretty fun.

Do you by any chance have any tutorials on how you do your stuff? I'd love to read them.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
just enough characters

large version

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Cracky posted:

just enough characters
large version

This thread just doesn't stop.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Looking at Lazer's deviant art page, here's one of his favorite paintings:

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

E the Shaggy posted:

I would so buy the poo poo out of that painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

E the Shaggy posted:

See, goon fanart has a certain style to it that some people might not appreciate, but considering that this is in Lazer's favorites I don't think we have to worry about any images we post upsetting him.