Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

wow. bet all kinds of money on frankie edgar winning some award.

So far I have bet exactly 5 dollars on Frankie Edgar and that is it. I'm being kind of a puss with this card. Joe Lauzon was gonna be my dumb upset bet but you guys talked me out of that and now gently caress.

Hatsu Hioki is at +2500 for sub of the night. For reference, Kongo is at +2000, Gomi is at +1800, and Vaughan Lee is at +900.

Seriously anyone in the UK check out skybet right now, the lines for these bonuses are loving nutty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

So uhhhh, my site just started offering prop bets on the post event bonuses, and they don't seem to understand how they work at all. They have Edgar vs Bendo listed at +300, then Edgar and Bendo listed separately at like +2500 and +2800 :staredog:

They probably mean Edgar and Bendo winning a SOTN or KO of the night and fight of the night wont count. If not though then that would be some cool way to be a gambling degenerate scum bag

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
betting on fight bonuses is some degenerate gambling

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
A good way to game that would be to bet big on Pettis winning and then hedge that with a bet on Lauzon winning sub or KO of the night if the odds are that crazy

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

My three underdog bets are Lauzon, Boestch, and Hunt.

If one of those fuckers win I should break even.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

My three underdog bets are Lauzon, Boestch, and Hunt.

If one of those fuckers win I should break even.

The only underdog I really like on this card is Mitsuoka. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cantwell pick up a win because Fukuda has been out for a year after loving up his knee in a car crash and has trained at 7 gyms for this fight, but I'd never put money on Cantwell due to his ability to be flat out retarded.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Boetsch is gonna upset Okami tomorrow... its the Man Yak Underdog Lock of the week *big CGI Yak graphic comes on screen and puts a lock around a stack of money and drops it in a toilet*

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Mark Hunt is finally going to get that armbar.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
can't you picture akiyama shutting down jake's wrestling and winning a lovely kickboxing match?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Paul Pot posted:

can't you picture akiyama shutting down jake's wrestling and winning a lovely kickboxing match?

I can picture anyone winning a kickboxing match with Jake Shields, but Akiyama's cardio is trash and cutting weight probably won't help. I have a leather sofa that looks a lot like Akiyama and I can't imagine how hard it is to get water through that.

if Akiyama wins it's by uppercut ko :qfg:

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 24, 2012

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I hope Akiyama blasts Jake Shields, steals Rogan's mic and serenades the Saitama Super Arena with flyyyyyyy me to the moooooon and let me plaaaaaay among the staaaaars....

But he's probably gonna get grappled so don't bet on Aki.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
He's a huge cheater and a living Sherdog catchphrase, the axis of evil for this young decade. Please do not like Akiyama. Thanks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Akiyama has served as an Asian shaped punching bag since joining the UFC, right?

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
My underdog bet is Mark Hunt. I have $20 on him, I hope he doesnt let me down like Coleman did. Arrrgh dangit!

I also have 20 on edgar, because he has pulled through for me every single time (thanks fatherdog!!)

Boregasm
Nov 18, 2009
As far as underdogs are concerned I'm light on Lauzon and betting decently on Hunt straight up. Something in my mind says that Hunt can exploit Kongo's bad stand up defense in between cage clinching and shorts pulling. I was also tempted to bet on Akiyama because Shields has the worst looking stand up this side of Mayhem, but I think he'll be able to take Akiyama down, especially after round 1 when Akiyama will be gassed to poo poo.

My Frankie/Rampage/Shields/Hunt/Zhang parlay cannot fail and will make me very rich.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

Akiyama has served as an Asian shaped punching bag since joining the UFC, right?

He's lost all but his first fight against Alan Belcher at UFC 100 and that was arguably a gift. To be fair he was winning his fight with Chris Leben two rounds to none before he was submitted. From the bottom. By Chris loving Leben.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Chimney Sweeps Week posted:

The only underdog I really like on this card is Mitsuoka. I wouldn't be shocked to see Cantwell pick up a win because Fukuda has been out for a year after loving up his knee in a car crash and has trained at 7 gyms for this fight, but I'd never put money on Cantwell due to his ability to be flat out retarded.

Am I misremembering or didn't Cantwell have a fight he was losing (maybe the last Stann fight) where he threw a temper tantrum in the cage ?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

Am I misremembering or didn't Cantwell have a fight he was losing (maybe the last Stann fight) where he threw a temper tantrum in the cage ?

I forget which of his 4 recent losses it was but he was like stomping his feet and petulantly yelling at Filho's spirit guide. It owned.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Lid posted:

He's lost all but his first fight against Alan Belcher at UFC 100 and that was arguably a gift. To be fair he was winning his fight with Chris Leben two rounds to none before he was submitted. From the bottom. By Chris loving Leben.

Granted I only ever watched Belcher-Akiyama once but that was probably the most I've ever disagreed with a decision. Complete and utter bullshit as I remember it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I remember it being a really close fight with Belcher looking much stronger in the latter part of round three than he had in rounds 1 or 2 (because of Akiyama's aforementioned cardio issues). I'm not sure what I'd think if I watched it again. It's probably one of those fights where Akiyama "controlled" the fight but Belcher "did more damage". And again, looking good at the end of the fight leaves an impression, but it doesn't negate rounds 1 or 2.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Haraksha posted:

I remember it being a really close fight with Belcher looking much stronger in the latter part of round three than he had in rounds 1 or 2 (because of Akiyama's aforementioned cardio issues). I'm not sure what I'd think if I watched it again. It's probably one of those fights where Akiyama "controlled" the fight but Belcher "did more damage". And again, looking good at the end of the fight leaves an impression, but it doesn't negate rounds 1 or 2.

Akiyama got smacked around in round 1 and was given the round by two judges because he took belcher down, even though he got the worst of it on the ground and Belcher swept him

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Well then I remembered wrong.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't know who to bet on anymore, even Frankie's odds moved to where I would put him. Oh well, at least Miesha Tate is up next week.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
yeah, right now I'm just thinking on betting on a few fights going to a decision (Okami/Boetsch, Shields/Akiyama, Edgar/Ben Henderson). I feel a little more confident on those.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i bet on guys i can't stand so that i can feel like a winner either way *does le derpface and switches tabs to byobxp.com*

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Issei Tamura +220
Takeya Mizugaki -250
Riki Fukuda -300
Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto -325
Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi -210
Anthony "Showtime" Pettis -265
Hatsu Hioki -165
Yushin "Thunder" Okami -600
Jake Shields -350
Ryan "Darth" Bader +145
Mark Hunt +210
Frankie "The Answer" Edgar -135

Risk $ 1.00 To Win $ 504.86

I expect lose on the very first match.

texas chili bowl
Apr 13, 2008

Ankles and beards are serious business
If any of you guys are using freesportsbet.com the Tamura/Zhang fight is still up for betting on despite the fact that it is over already.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If you think that an undisclosed injury and being fat doesn't prevent Rampage from beating a dude that got dropped by Tito,

stevecofield posted:

Holy moly. The steam against Rampage has reached insane levels. He's all the way down to minus-150 off shore and -170 at LVH.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
lol jesus christ

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bubba Smith posted:

so, uhh

thanks bundt cake for not letting me bet on Lauzon.

I owe you bro

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Chemtrail Clem posted:

Boetsch is gonna upset Okami tomorrow... its the Man Yak Underdog Lock of the week *big CGI Yak graphic comes on screen and puts a lock around a stack of money and drops it in a toilet*

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How did I lose money betting on Frankie Edgar?! Thank god for Hunt and Bader.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

MassRayPer posted:

Thank god for Hunt and Bader.

This. I dont remember doing it but I also bet against KID, so I made like 10$ today.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MassRayPer posted:

How did I lose money betting on Frankie Edgar?! Thank god for Hunt and Bader.

Well I bet on Hunt, but I also put a lot on Frankie Edgar and then parlays. Some with Okami and some with Mizugaki and some with Rampage.

soooooooo gently caress. It's kind of funny how betting big on BJ Penn caused me to stop betting for a few months after he lost to Edgar and now Edgar has pretty much cleaned out my bankroll. This mother loving jersey kid is never gonna let me win.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

for the record I totally deserve to get hosed betting against Arizona people. I'm sorry Bader and especially Bendo.

Shes In Parties
Apr 30, 2009

Imperialism is a manifestation of state terrorism.
Wow. gently caress the judges for stealing my Mizugaki money, but my Hioki/Hunt/Bendo parlay and my individual bet on Hunt paid off very well.

gently caress you too, Rampage.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Ah Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted: