Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

King of Solomon posted:

Atlus games are often fairly severely limited in their printing. Sometimes, pre-ordering really is the only way to get your hands on it if you're going brick-and-mortar (which is why I throw five dollars down on games I want to pick up unless it's a major release most of the time.) I'm fairly surprised it took this long for you to get hosed by this.

And Atlus are usually cool enough to provide additional pre-order incentives (which often are just part of the first print). Not the case with Devil Survivor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah it's pretty weird that DS1, Overclocked AND DS2 never got any form of bonus.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Occasionally, a red Memory Stick will appear"

Sony gonna sue somebody.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

"Occasionally, a red Memory Stick will appear"

Sony gonna sue somebody.

Those were in Devil Survivor 1 as well. (Or at least Overclocked. I don't recall if they showed up in the original.)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus'll probably just say its a generic anime 3rd party brand one if they ever get called on it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Those were in Devil Survivor 1 as well. (Or at least Overclocked. I don't recall if they showed up in the original.)

They weren't so obviously shaped like a real Sony Memory Stick. They looked like PDAs in DS:Overlocked

\/\/\/ http://www.geekalerts.com/swivel-widescreen-multimedia-cell-phone/

Dehry fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The MC's cell phone is really weird looking. Do people really have phones that look like this? :psyduck:

Seems kinda unwieldy

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The MC's cell phone is really weird looking. Do people really have phones that look like this? :psyduck:

It was a fad just before and around the first iPhone came out. Probably some new models are still being made.

Btw, the screen swivels.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It kinda looks like what a Japanese dude would do if pressured into buying an iPhone but didn't want to get rid of his flip phone.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Seems kinda unwieldy

Pretty sure that's an homage to the computer from the original Devil Summoner games, except it's a cellphone instead of a gun.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Holy crap. They really improved on using the battle mode sprites for cutscenes. The graphical improvements definitely show. I also enjoy the fact they use actual animation in the opening.

Edit: Also, in case people missed it http://www.geekalerts.com/swivel-widescreen-multimedia-cell-phone/

The phone style exists.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 29, 2012

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
Even after I stopped working at Gamestop I still felt like not preordering niche stuff like this was kind of silly if you had one close by. I happen to have like 27 or something within 20 miles of myself so whatever but I reserved mine and had zero problem picking it up soon as they were open. Same with anything else I've ever reserved.

After quitting I've bought far more games from Amazon than ever though, but reserves yeah.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

:siren: Persona 2: Eternal Punishment remake coming to PSP :siren:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes! Best day ever.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Not that there was any doubt :) although the first P2PSP didn't sell, like, amazing in the US, I'm sure it'll come over, even if it's a very small run.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The best Persona game finally gets a remake. Halle-loving-lujah! Let's positive thinking, everyone!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Excellent news!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
There are too many dialogue choices in DS2, I am sure a lot of them don't do anything at all but I can't help feeling like I am choosing the wrong thing literally all the time.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Later you discover that you're locked out of an ending because you picked the wrong option out of two nearly identical options.

Giiiiiiiin :argh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There's really nothing like that here. Just don't be an rear end in a top hat and you shouldn't have a problem. There's a hidden ending but you just have to see Fumi's conversation about the Akashic Record

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Hey guys, I finally beat Devil Survivor 1! :j:

I got Yuzu's ending. God drat, that was harsh. I suspected something like that would happen, and I think I had read in places "DON'T DO HER ENDING IT'S BAD", but I had a choice between her, Naoya, and Amane, and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm really happy there's a new game + option. Though, Devil Survivor is so good a game, that I would have even played a second game without New Game + and started from scratch to get the other endings. I can say that for maybe about 5 JRPG's ever.

I wish I had a 3DS, because I'd love to see all the extra content they added for the 8th day events...Oh, well. Maybe someday. Like, the day I get a 3DS.

I'm kind of worried about Devil Survivor 2. :ohdear: I was going to put off ordering it, because I don't have much money (and any income besides selling my stuff), and now I'm worried it'll become rare.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
You were warned. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about DS2 becoming rare. It's going to sell and Atlus is going to print more copies.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Schlegel Mach posted:

I wouldn't worry about DS2 becoming rare. It's going to sell and Atlus is going to print more copies.

And also they will probably release Devil Survivor 2 Overclock for the 3DS in like a year or two. Just kidding, it'll be on iOS.

I sure hope they figured out how to make it have almost no load times at all, because Innocent Sin Portable was inexcusable.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Between this and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, this has been the most :neckbeard: day of the year for me!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Thanks, that's good advice to cool my head a bit. :) (Though I secretly wish I had tons of money and could support Atlus by throwing money at them by preordering every SMT game they release.)

Schlegel Mach posted:

Hahaha, yes I was! Like I said before, I was mislead by the "anime-ness" of the game. I'm impressed by how far and how dark it will go down certain events. That's the thing about all of the Shin Megami Tensei games I've played...When it comes to storyline and gameplay, they're hard, and they're mean, but they always give you a chance to pick yourself up, rethink your options, and find a way past whatever messed you up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe I'm just playing wrong but DS 2 seems to have stepped the difficulty up without being overly cheap (which is a good thing)

Just beat the second boss right before One of its little bomb things got to the end of the map, it decided to attack my last standing guy and a full crit multi-hit from one of my demons finished him off before he could ice dance me to death :hellyeah: I'm just hoping they don't throw any bullshit missions at me down the line, like the infamous one in DS1 where you have to stop those rogue SDF guys from escaping, that was a royal pain.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

How did I miss this post the first time around? :psyduck: Since it says "improved load times," I'm hopeful. I'm also hoping for redone/additional voice acting. Maya's "Ciao" was grating in there, but more importantly, I'd like more voiced Baofu!

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.

Cool, I was starting to worry about it. Still have to make my way through Innocent Sin.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I just wanted to double check, in devil survivor 2 at the very start when you pick your navigator for the website, it's a purely aesthetic thing right? I'm not going to be missing out on certain demons or fusions because I didn't use the awful bunny girl.

edit: This game's been out in japan for a bit right, is there a site out there yet with a list of skills and the stats that will be required to use certain skills? I found it really helpfull with devil survivor 1 knowing "even if I'm building a caster, I'll need this much strength for some of the higher level spells"

VV Glad to hear it, thanks.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 29, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LibbyM posted:

I just wanted to double check, in devil survivor 2 at the very start when you pick your navigator for the website, it's a purely aesthetic thing right? I'm not going to be missing out on certain demons or fusions because I didn't use the awful bunny girl.

The only thing you miss out on is the bunny girl being abhorrently annoying. Excuse me "rilly rilly annoying."

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ImpAtom posted:

The only thing you miss out on is the bunny girl being abhorrently annoying. Excuse me "rilly rilly annoying."

I like to think it's the developers punishing you.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
so the guy doesn't do that? I was kinda tired when I picked it so I didn't realize what I was picking.

and then I played the game for like 8 hours, just beat the third serpientron thing, and I just can't stopppppppp.

also the bonus auction thing is loving rigged! I keep getting outbid by 100 or 200

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I read that article a dozen times but it says nothing about a US release... Or is

quote:

Atlus will release the PSP remake of Eternal Punishment on May 17
Confirmation of a US release?

Edit: Also I hate that I'm no buying all the persona psp games twice...Once on umd for my PSP and now again digitally for the Vita. Take all my money Atlus. Just don't look at me in the morning.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's confirmation that Atlus will release the game in Japan on May 17th. Atlus USA hasn't said anything yet, probably because they need to find a way to make people the most mad while they're announcing it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

*glee* Hopefully they will bring it over to the US then. And yeah, they probably will.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Policenaut posted:

It's confirmation that Atlus will release the game in Japan on May 17th. Atlus USA hasn't said anything yet, probably because they need to find a way to make people the most mad while they're announcing it.
March 1st: We're not going to bring this to NA.
April 1st: Whoops! Guess we were a month early with the joke. We're bringing it over.
April 2nd: Haha, April Fools, gently caress you.

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Policenaut posted:

It's going to be hard to top the P2:IS announcement.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kimitsu posted:

It's going to be hard to top the P2:IS announcement.

How'd they go about that? After Gungnir x Growlanser 4 I've just totally blanked on Atlus USA announcement tactics.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Man, now i REALLY need to get around to finishing IS.

Right after i beat P1 for the third time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ImpAtom posted:

The second I saw her say that poo poo, I reset the game because there is no goddamn way I'm putting up with it for an entire adventure. I'll go with the polite butler type, thank you very much.