Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Did Image push the King City trade back? I thought it was supposed to come out at the end of the month but Amazon has it coming out in March and if I have to wait another month for this stupid thing I'm going to flip my wig!!

Barndon Graham's just tweeted that the King City book has been delayed till March 7th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

edit; I am also in the process of picking up the Ultimate Spider-Man trades (the big hardcovers collecting two arcs each) and I know they're out of print and some of them are like $40 or whatever, and yeah it sucks but thems the breaks. However, volume 8 is selling on Amazon for loving $90! What's the big deal with this book?

It's been out of print for like two years and those are the best format to read USM so of course demand has gone up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Happy Hippo posted:

edit; I am also in the process of picking up the Ultimate Spider-Man trades (the big hardcovers collecting two arcs each) and I know they're out of print and some of them are like $40 or whatever, and yeah it sucks but thems the breaks. However, volume 8 is selling on Amazon for loving $90! What's the big deal with this book?

I actully saw it at my local comic book shop so PM me if you would like to make a deal

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

My comic book guy got a few of those and I looked at them (well, looked at the cover I wasn't going to make him take the plastic off) and they are so nice. While they certainly wouldn't be worth 150 dollars to me, personally, I could see them easily being worth that to an artist or collector.

It is insanely amazing. Woody is such a great artist. I hope they can put one of these out for all the EC artists as Ganes was quite good at saving the artwork.

I only paid $125 for it in Canada and I consider it a steal. If anyone wants this act fast as I suspect it will be sold out in a matter of days. IDW really limits the number of copies of these books.

Can't wait for the Will Eisner Spirit Artists Edition as well around June.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

It's been out of print for like two years and those are the best format to read USM so of course demand has gone up.

Yes, I realize that it is out of print but I was asking about why folks are asking for $90 when the other volumes are topping out at around $40.

edit; vvv thank you, funtax vvv

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 23, 2012

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
If memory serves, that specific volume had a very small run for some reason. It's been ridiculously expensive for a long time now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I flipped a copy of Volume 2 for $80 a few months ago, they tend to flux up and down pretty frequently.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
This might have been going on for a while but anyone around London should note that the first seven volumes of the Love and Rockets Library, the small square softcovers, are 4 quids each at Forbidden Planet.

These are the Titan editions though, which essentially means the band on the spin that says Fantagraphics in the US edition says "Titan Books" here. This wasn't a deal breaker for me at that price.

Zevin_Mars
Nov 15, 2011
My Age of Apocalypse Omni came in, anyone else have a defective one? The last few pages of my are just stuck in there. Like they were inserted as an after thought. I honestly thought it was an insert at first until I saw the TPB cover gallery was continued on the next page that was bound to the book. It's not like they fell out, the look like they never met glue in their lives.

Tales of Wonder was really nice about it though. Replacement is on it's way.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The time has come. My bookshelf is finally full. I'm currently using these cheap bookshelves that I found on the street and I think it's time that I upgraded. My main concern is that I have a bunch of OSHC and omnibuses. The current shelves I'm using now, I don't feel too comfortable placing it anywhere aside from the bottom shelf. Is this Ikea shelf the one everyone gets?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

obi_ant posted:

The time has come. My bookshelf is finally full. I'm currently using these cheap bookshelves that I found on the street and I think it's time that I upgraded. My main concern is that I have a bunch of OSHC and omnibuses. The current shelves I'm using now, I don't feel too comfortable placing it anywhere aside from the bottom shelf. Is this Ikea shelf the one everyone gets?

The expedit series is better for heavy books: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/09064/

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man
Marvel Zomnibus:

http://www.amazon.ca/Marvel-Zomnibus-Robert-Kirkman/dp/0785140263/ref=nosim/vglnk-ca-c51-20

Oh well, one less super expensive collection that I don't have to buy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I preordered the Age of Apocalypse omni last night. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I preordered the Age of Apocalypse omni last night. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

Where from? Amazon? I ask because it came out a few weeks ago.

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

"Now if you'll excuse me, it's 8 O'clock, Time to get Bizzay"

Zevin_Mars posted:

My Age of Apocalypse Omni came in, anyone else have a defective one? The last few pages of my are just stuck in there. Like they were inserted as an after thought. I honestly thought it was an insert at first until I saw the TPB cover gallery was continued on the next page that was bound to the book. It's not like they fell out, the look like they never met glue in their lives.

Tales of Wonder was really nice about it though. Replacement is on it's way.
Mine's fine - I really like the old-school '90s letters pages and advertising stuff. There's something so hilarously RAD about '90s comic book design.

Glenn Danzig posted:

Marvel Zomnibus:

http://www.amazon.ca/Marvel-Zomnibus-Robert-Kirkman/dp/0785140263/ref=nosim/vglnk-ca-c51-20

Oh well, one less super expensive collection that I don't have to buy.
What's the consensus on these? I recall reading the first one and thinking it was fun but there seem to be about half a dozen now (enough to fill an omnibus apparently) but I wasn't sure how badly they suffered from diminishing returns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Where from? Amazon? I ask because it came out a few weeks ago.
Yeah, Amazon. Has a release date of March 7. Guess I better hurry and decide if I want it or not!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Jeremys Iron posted:

What's the consensus on these? I recall reading the first one and thinking it was fun but there seem to be about half a dozen now (enough to fill an omnibus apparently) but I wasn't sure how badly they suffered from diminishing returns.

1, 3, 4 and 5 were all fun, I think that it was only 2 that was really bad and not worth reading. I don't know how much this omnibus will contain though, I'm assuming those five numbered ones and not stuff like zombie christmas carol or whatever it was that came out recently.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

1, 3, 4 and 5 were all fun, I think that it was only 2 that was really bad and not worth reading. I don't know how much this omnibus will contain though, I'm assuming those five numbered ones and not stuff like zombie christmas carol or whatever it was that came out recently.
3 is by far the best, and 4 is a great follow-up. 5 ended with one of the worst issues of the entire Zomies series, and overall, was nowhere as good as "Machine Man and Howard the Duck conduct Zombie Science!" might lead you to believe.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
My comic book store had a tpb of Orc Stain that I bought today for 20% off the list price. I guess it's out of print and selling on AMZ for $100. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it or wait and see if the price goes up.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 1, 2012

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

My comic book store had a tpb of Orc Stain that I bought today for 20% off the list price. I guess it's out of print and selling on AMZ for $100. I'm not sure if I'm going to sell it or wait and see if the price goes up.

And in real life it sells between $13 and $24, but good luck with that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

And in real life it sells between $13 and $24, but good luck with that.

I sold my copy for $64 so he might actually have a shot.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

I just found a copy for three bucks but the binding is loose (the first book block falls out but is otherwise intact) I was thinking of getting it hardbound until I saw that Amazon price. I was able to flip my Darkness Compendium that was in terrible condition for a $20 profit. Ebay, TFAW and my LCBS all have Orc Stain for reasonable prices though.

Edit. Guess it is sold out now. Cool book but I would part with it.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 1, 2012

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Amazon currently has the Acts of Vengeance Omnibus for $46.61. Yeah, some might not see it as a deal considering it's Acts of Vengeance, but I thought there may be someone on the boards who might be interested. Unfortunately, the Crossovers companion book is still $60+.

http://www.amazon.com/Acts-Vengeance-Omnibus-Chris-Claremont/dp/0785144641/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330652111&sr=8-1

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

LennyBriscoCountyJr posted:

Amazon currently has the Acts of Vengeance Omnibus for $46.61. Yeah, some might not see it as a deal considering it's Acts of Vengeance, but I thought there may be someone on the boards who might be interested. Unfortunately, the Crossovers companion book is still $60+.

http://www.amazon.com/Acts-Vengeance-Omnibus-Chris-Claremont/dp/0785144641/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330652111&sr=8-1

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for a deal on this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today this showed up

Why is this a big deal? This book contains the run of Superman comics that brought me fully into comic fandom. Superman bouncing through time, we meet Booster Gold, three incarnations of the Legion! He fights Nazis, saves FDR from an assassin, we see the JSA on two pages, my young mind was blown! And Clark had just revealed his secret to Lois for real and they were engaged? This is not the Superman I thought I knew!
I sat today and read this book from cover to cover and it's every bit as much fun as it was to 12 year old Rhyno.

I loved this story arc and when I saw the trade for so cheap I had to snatch it up. It's going on my favorites shelf where it should have been for years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That actually looks pretty appealing just based on some of the talent listed on that cover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That actually looks pretty appealing just based on some of the talent listed on that cover.

This is the 90's Superman team hitting on all cylinders with near perfection. Ordway, Jurgens and Mcleod on art and all of them at the top of their game. And Jurgens, Ordway and Roger loving Stern playing off each other. Amazing Spider-man shipping 3 times a month with different creative teams switching off? Psh, DC did it here with the Superman books 20 years earlier. And they did it better.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Absolute Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn by Grant Morrison and Various (Hardcover - Nov 27 2012)

Hardcover: 488 pages
Publisher: DC Comics (Nov 27 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1401237371

http://www.amazon.ca/Absolute-Batman-Robin-Reborn/dp/1401237371/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330958620&sr=1-4

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Re: Batman Year One - Deluxe HC, another book I won't be buying...

David Mazzucchelli posted:

DC just sent me this book last week, and I really hope people don’t buy it. I didn’t even know they were making it, and I don’t understand why they thought it was necessary — several years ago, DC asked me if I’d help put together a deluxe edition of Batman: Year One, and Dale Crain and I worked for months to try to make a definitive version. Now whoever’s in charge has thrown all that work in the garbage. First, they redesigned the cover, and recolored my artwork — probably to look more like their little DVD that came out last year; second, they printed the book on shiny paper, which was never a part of the original design, all the way back to the first hardcover in 1988; third — and worst — they printed the color from corrupted, out-of-focus digital files, completely obscuring all of Richmond’s hand-painted work. Anybody who’s already paid for this should send it back to DC and demand a refund.

http://www.tcj.com/david-mazzucchelli-disavows-forthcoming-batman-reprint/

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shameless posted:

Re: Batman Year One - Deluxe HC, another book I won't be buying...

http://www.tcj.com/david-mazzucchelli-disavows-forthcoming-batman-reprint/

Appreciate you posting that, I had it pre-ordered. Time to cancel sigh....

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Why did I bind Vengeance of Bane sigh.... $338

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1st-Ap...=item2319d76291

I have a few more copies but that hurts!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

wildlele posted:

Why did I bind Vengeance of Bane sigh.... $338

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1st-Ap...=item2319d76291

I have a few more copies but that hurts!
Rare? Really? I picked those both up for less than $3.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

redbackground posted:

Rare? Really? I picked those both up for less than $3.

Pick up a few more, they seem to be selling for some good coin now on Ebay!

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper
A local bookstore guy I know picked one up right when the trailer came out for $5. He sold it last month for $200.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, I want me a new Powers definitive hardcover. Are they gonna keep doing those with these new ones Marvel/Icon's been putting out?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Man, I want me a new Powers definitive hardcover. Are they gonna keep doing those with these new ones Marvel/Icon's been putting out?

Aren't the new premier hardcovers just reprinting the softcovers?

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

Rhyno posted:

Aren't the new premier hardcovers just reprinting the softcovers?

The new premier hardcovers are just reprints, but Icon is also putting out all-new powers. It's about an issue every six months, but they are coming.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I never canceled my AoA order, so that's coming. Cool, I guess, but definitely on the bottom of my ever-expanding to-read pile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

paulnewmanseyes posted:

The new premier hardcovers are just reprints, but Icon is also putting out all-new powers. It's about an issue every six months, but they are coming.

Yeah this I am aware of. At the rate they are coming out we can expect a new definitive edition sometime in 2028.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Endless Mike posted:

This includes Legion's Quest AND leaves of the terrible Blink mini-series? poo poo, I just dropped 77.93. Thanks!