Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I hate clip shows but love this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
9 bam
1 dot
2 crack
3 bam
mah-jongg.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I'd like to see that complaint get rectified!

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

thepokey posted:

Watching the Calzone again, I love the interaction between George and Newman, it's a shame they didn't interact more with each other, they're so similar in their own ways and could have had some more great little fueds.

Let me be perfectly blunt. I don't care for you, Costanza. You hang out on the west side of the building with Seinfeld all day laughing it up, wasting your lives.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Relayer posted:

Who's your favorite chess player?

.. Nehh-sauf?

Right... Isencauff..

SHE NAMED NAME.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Sandra, no, listen, Jerry's under a lot of pressure right now! It's very hard being a stand-up comedian! Sometimes they don't laugh!!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Jingleheimer posted:

I love Newman's little hand gesture when he says that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGRE2wpjsY

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I was watching The Subway yesterday and I realized that a big part of the appeal of the show for me when I was younger was that it was such an explicitly New York show. Kramer's rambling explanation about how to get out to Coney Island is great.

When I finally got the chance to go to New York I did quite a lot of Seinfeld related stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

joedevola posted:

When I finally got the chance to go to New York I did quite a lot of Seinfeld related stuff.

You know it's funny, you live in New York your whole life and yet you never find yourself at the nexus of the universe.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I went out to NY a few years back, and I emailed the real Kramer and said I wanted to buy him a beer, and he responded that he was going to be out of town, but he'd be up for it the next time I went. :D

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

You know it's funny, you live in New York your whole life and yet you never find yourself at the nexus of the universe.

If I'm on the street, and it starts to go down, I don't back off...until it's finished.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

Incidentally, the old guy who works as a waiter at Monk's/Tom's Restaurant, is that Tom? Because he seems way to old and confused to still be working as a waiter otherwise. I asked if they had wifi and it took me nearly ten minutes to explain what that meant. He thought it meant wireless electricity.

Place needs more busty waitresses.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I guess your mother was right, you never could compete WITH LLOYD BRAUN!

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I love how when Steinbrenner goes to the Costanza's to deliver the news that George is dead, Frank's first reaction is to freak out about the Jay Buhner trade. HE HAD A ROCKET FOR AN ARM, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HE'LL YOU'RE DOING!!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

neoboman posted:

I guess your mother was right, you never could compete WITH LLOYD BRAUN!

You're not giving away our Waterpik!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HOOCHIE MAMA HOOCHIE MAMA

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

potee posted:

You're not giving away our Waterpik!
Well, something's goin' on here, 'cause every able-bodied Israelite in the county is driving pretty strong to the hoop.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
This is amazing http://gunshowcomic.com/515

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"Regards" don't mean anything, I mean, it's not like I said hi.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

stratdax posted:

I love how when Steinbrenner goes to the Costanza's to deliver the news that George is dead, Frank's first reaction is to freak out about the Jay Buhner trade. HE HAD A ROCKET FOR AN ARM, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HE'LL YOU'RE DOING!!

JERRY, THIS IS FRANK COSTANZA, STEINBRENNER'S HERE, GEORGE IS DEAD, CALL ME BACK. *beep*

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Kramer, there may be a problem with the phone, hold on!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Maarak posted:

The final panel is incredible, it's just so perfect.

I also really, really want to know what happened to Elaine.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

Maarak posted:

Also this strip by the same artist and this one by John Campbell.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Maybe she has toe thumbs . . . Is her handshake a little firm? Perhaps too firm? (If only the patient was a woman, this would have been perfect. <:mad:>)

Also, in looking for that quote, I discovered https://www.toethumb.com :iiam:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe she has toe thumbs . . . Is her handshake a little firm? Perhaps too firm? (If only the patient was a woman, this would have been perfect. <:mad:>)

Also, in looking for that quote, I discovered https://www.toethumb.com :iiam:

Hands a little smelly?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
He's finished! I'm going to sew his rear end to his face! I'm going to twist his neck so hard his lips will be his eyebrows! I'm going to break his joints, and reattach them!

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
So to ask the question somebody brought up last night: How did George do the whole twix setup if he didn't have any money?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

So to ask the question somebody brought up last night: How did George do the whole twix setup if he didn't have any money?

Maybe he borrowed the money from Kip or Ned or whatever that guy's name was.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

That's what I'd like to know about it. :raise:

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

haljordan posted:

Maybe he borrowed the money from Kip or Ned or whatever that guy's name was.
Moe, Sol, or Lem is not gonna get away with this!

jojoinnit posted:

My assumption is that he wasn't broke at all, just cheap. The guy who keeps a dollar because, "it's wrinkled; it's worthless," would never break his own five when he can borrow a buck instead.

Resorting to seinfeldscripts to see the actual wording...
GEORGE: (To Jerry) Hey, gimme a dollar.
JERRY: (Getting a dollar out) Where’s your money?
GEORGE: (Talking it) I’m here helpin’ you.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
All I want is my 75 cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea in the later seasons George is never broke, just cheap as hell. He has a good run of a few real good jobs so it wouldn't make sense for him to be broke. Still, its kinda weird how at one point he's under the machine digging around for change. You'd think if he was that desperate he'd just pay a dollar.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jojoinnit posted:

I always just assumed that George, in his fury, left the dealership on foot, found a nearby store and bought the Twix - but so blinded was he by this slight injustice that actually getting and enjoying the candy he wanted was forgotten in his quest for petty validation.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Yea in the later seasons George is never broke, just cheap as hell. He has a good run of a few real good jobs so it wouldn't make sense for him to be broke. Still, its kinda weird how at one point he's under the machine digging around for change. You'd think if he was that desperate he'd just pay a dollar.

I think something bit me!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
When I was working I SPENT baby!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

potee posted:

All I want is my 75 cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired.

Are you saying he physically took the Twix candy bar from you?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The one black lady who goes "Hey Willie! Free candy!" cracks me up every time. She's so excited.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
They had donuts earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
You think Louie Pasteur and his wife had anything in common? He was in the fields all day with the cows, you know with the milk, examining the milk, delving into milk, consummed with milk. Pasteurization, homogenization.. Meanwhile she was in the kitchen killing cockroaches with a boot on each hand.