Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

The anime sort of dropped the ball a bit by adding That Hordy Jones flashback with the human slaver.

This won't make a whole lot of sense if your not reading the manga, but it hosed up because (small manga spoilers) it kinda defeats the purpose of Hordy being a product of his enviroment and hating humans for no real reason. Now with that flashback there is a tangible reason for hating humans: They tried to kidnap him and friends when they were kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bondster posted:

The anime sort of dropped the ball a bit by adding That Hordy Jones flashback with the human slaver.

This won't make a whole lot of sense if your not reading the manga, but it hosed up because (small manga spoilers) it kinda defeats the purpose of Hordy being a product of his enviroment and hating humans for no real reason. Now with that flashback there is a tangible reason for hating humans: They tried to kidnap him and friends when they were kids

Makes you wonder if the people creating the anime even read the manga. That was a very big part of the overall story. It really diminishes, if not outright kills, the whole message of the finale.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Alright, I had stopped watching the Anime right as Skypedia started, I didn't watch anything during or after, and didn't pick up again until the giant war.

I need to catch up, so what are the good arcs to look back on? I haven't read the manga either, but I'm pretty well aware of everything that's gone on.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Alright, I had stopped watching the Anime right as Skypedia started, I didn't watch anything during or after, and didn't pick up again until the giant war.

I need to catch up, so what are the good arcs to look back on? I haven't read the manga either, but I'm pretty well aware of everything that's gone on.

Watch from where you left off and catch up from there.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Flameingblack posted:

Go back to where you left off and start watching. When you get to around 300 it'll be in your best interests to switch to the manga before the end of the arc.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Anony Mouse posted:

God, finally. If I had to spend one more episode listening to Megalo gagging I think I'd puke.

Yeah, me too. I also agree that the bad guys are in for a surprise. I sure loving hope so. If it's going to be the clichéd "bad guy beats protagonist, protagonist powers up, protagonist beats bad guy" I'm going to start pulling my hair out :v:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

lordfrikk posted:

Yeah, me too. I also agree that the bad guys are in for a surprise. I sure loving hope so. If it's going to be the clichéd "bad guy beats protagonist, protagonist powers up, protagonist beats bad guy" I'm going to start pulling my hair out :v:

I think whatever Oda does do will almost certainly be entertaining. I don't think I've ever really been disappointed in a One Piece fight.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Shadow0 posted:

I think whatever Oda does do will almost certainly be entertaining. I don't think I've ever really been disappointed in a One Piece fight.

That noodle guy on the sea train to Enies Lobby was annoying as hell. gently caress that guy.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Yeeh, there were some things that I wouldn't watch the second time...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

bondster posted:

Manga reader here just chiming in on how messed up that is. Bad filler is one thing but this is a new low...

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I haven't watched the anime episode but isn't it possible that

Hody is just lying?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I haven't watched the anime episode but isn't it possible that

Hody is just lying?

If so they'll need to further complicate matters by [manga spoiler]making it clear that he was just completely pointlessly lying.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Is having a reason really that big of a deal, or was it just something that wasn't in the manga?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

User0015 posted:

Is having a reason really that big of a deal, or was it just something that wasn't in the manga?

Basically they've changed Hody's entire character in a filler scene. I don't want to do manga spoilers, so I won't. I'll leave it at that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Hody himself exists just to show people how much stronger that the Crew is, and how insignificant threats that would have taken them down before are now. It doesn't bother me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Flameingblack posted:

I think Hody himself exists just to show people how much stronger that the Crew is, and how insignificant threats that would have taken them down before are now. It doesn't bother me.
It was a very well-executed statement at the climax of the arc made by Oda in the manga that is literally invalidated by this single scene, so it does bother people who know what's coming.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Will Sanji turn around and die from blood loss at the sight of the Mermaid Princess?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Gyges posted:

New Episode is up. Will Sanji turn around and die from blood loss at the sight of the Mermaid Princess?

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Would be great if the manga-speak was kept out of this thread. It's good enough that it's in spoilers tags but god drat it's annoying having half the new posts in here talking about manga spoilers.

Maybe I just shouldn't read this thread

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

oilatsnep posted:

Would be great if the manga-speak was kept out of this thread. It's good enough that it's in spoilers tags but god drat it's annoying having half the new posts in here talking about manga spoilers.

Maybe I just shouldn't read this thread

I agree. I think the manga-speak belongs better in the manga thread. If you're going to combine the topic of the anime and manga I think it makes more sense to discuss it in the manga thread where everyone is on the same page. Pun intended. Then you don't need to spoiler it because everyone in the manga thread knows everything the anime people know and the manga people know. I know a lot of people say it doesn't belong in the manga thread because it's talking about upcoming things in the anime, but you're very clearly discussing the manga at that point and not the anime and it just ruins the upcoming episodes for a lot of us that don't read the anime.

That's just my opinion though.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
New episode is out, go watch it now!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The awkward stare after Luffy said "So he's a shipwright who's coating Franky's brother!" was hilarious.

e: That ending was unusually tense for One Piece.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 4, 2012

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I dunno why they made it so tense. They already knew that Arlong and his crew used to part of Jimbei's crew before they ever met Jimbei. Nami probably knew it since she was a little kid.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I dunno why they made it so tense. They already knew that Arlong and his crew used to part of Jimbei's crew before they ever met Jimbei. Nami probably knew it since she was a little kid.

Yeah, but there's a big difference between logic and emotions.

Nami was tormented for a good portion of her life by Arlong. Her foster-mother was loving killed in front of her by him. She's largely gotten over her irrational hatred of all Fishmen, but, still, to hear Jimbei basically say 'everything bad that happened to you is my fault' is going to make her tense.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Really loved the double enelface we got in this episode.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Kingtheninja posted:

Really loved the double enelface we got in this episode.

I think it gets used to much. The Enel-face should only be used when the most extreme of craziness happens.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

What is the enel-face?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Astro Ambulance posted:

What is the enel-face?

The greatest facial expression in the history of manga.

Have you watched/read the Skypiea arc? You really shouldn't have the Enel face spoiled if you haven't seen it yet.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I have seen the whole show twice, I just can't remember what you are talking about.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Astro Ambulance posted:

I have seen the whole show twice, I just can't remember what you are talking about.

Witness the power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpR8XIVSOz0

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Liar posted:

I think it gets used to much. The Enel-face should only be used when the most extreme of craziness happens.

Such as stuffing a mermaid princess inside a shark and riding it to an underwater forest?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Liar posted:

It happens so much because while it should be used for extreme craziness, Luffy is the main focus of the story and he's craziness incarnate.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
No episode this week. Being preempted by a Women’s Marathon.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is up. Hope you were jonesin for an Arlong recap and moonfaced Nami.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Well to be fair the Arlong saga happened *checks wiki* ...nearly twelve years ago. :negative:

Edit: History fueled rewatching of cool episodes and clips. Man, Laboon really is the japanese Seymour. Forever waiting for his masters to come back. :smith:

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 19, 2012

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Am I high right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMagcF26fM&feature=g-all-s&context=G29b37e4FAAAAAAAAAAA

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

You'd have to be to post that unfunny video.

Loanarn
May 28, 2004

This is why I beat hookers.

Sgt. at Arms
New episode is up.

http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Lots of funny faces this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
After watching Otohime slap the poo poo out of that guy I started wondering if there was some sort of super slapping devil fruit power. Then I figured that Kuma basically has the ultimate slapping power and am kinda sad that he's a mindless robot now.