Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

JethroMcB posted:

I always just assumed that George, in his fury, left the dealership on foot, found a nearby store and bought the Twix - but so blinded was he by this slight injustice that actually getting and enjoying the candy he wanted was forgotten in his quest for petty validation.

This is what I always thought. Any chance to make a situation "right" in his eyes. I.E. The Jerk Store incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

CaptainHollywood posted:

This is what I always thought. Any chance to make a situation "right" in his eyes. I.E. The Jerk Store incident.

To be honest, a free tire giveaway would get me to a stadium in a heartbeat.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"The Blood" was on just recently, and I realized how much I love the fact that Kramer refers to Jerry's parents as "Seinfelds!" whereas Morty refers to Kramer as "Mr. Kramer."

Also, I love the way Morty enunciates "Hey, Mr. Kramer!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I saw a "new" episode :stare:

Until I watched it last night, I didn't realize I'd never seen The Stranded, which is the episode where Jerry and Elaine get stuck out in Long Island waiting for Kramer to pick them up. Later on Michael Chiklis shows up and gets drunk at Jerry's, then orders a prostitute. The funny thing is I have seen Elaine's "MAYBE A DINGO TOOK THE BABY! :australia:" bit frequently, but not the episode that surrounds it.

It wasn't that great an episode, but it was still "new", and that's a wonderful thing to discover.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I wish I could have my Seinfeld memory banks erased like in the movie Return To OZ so I could watch the entire series fresh.. maybe one day if I accrue enough money and power I can make it happen!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jerusalem posted:

Until I watched it last night, I didn't realize I'd never seen The Stranded, which is the episode where Jerry and Elaine get stuck out in Long Island waiting for Kramer to pick them up. Later on Michael Chiklis shows up and gets drunk at Jerry's, then orders a prostitute. The funny thing is I have seen Elaine's "MAYBE A DINGO TOOK THE BABY! :australia:" bit frequently, but not the episode that surrounds it.

It wasn't that great an episode, but it was still "new", and that's a wonderful thing to discover.

I felt this way the first time I saw the pilot, which was a couple years ago. I had seen most every episode in the series, but somehow never the very first.

It was...okay. Not that great at all. Made me wonder how the show developed into such a long-running and consistently-hilarious series after that. I guess it was just one of those instances of a show needing a while to come into its own, though.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 3, 2012

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I felt this way the first time I saw the pilot, which was a couple years ago. I had seen most every episode in the series, but somehow never the very first.

It was...okay. Not that great at all. Made me wonder how the show developed into such a long-ronning and consistently-hilarious series after that. I guess it was just one of those instances of a show needing a while to come into its own, though.

It needed Elaine. They had no chemistry with the waitress character. That whole big coffee shop scene was a whole different kind of comedy that threw off the rest of the episode. Felt like, I dunno, Wings.

Jason Alexander also didn't really have a handle on George in the pilot. He's playing wacky-charming instead of scheming failure.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

penismightier posted:

It needed Elaine. They had no chemistry with the waitress character. That whole big coffee shop scene was a whole different kind of comedy that threw off the rest of the episode. Felt like, I dunno, Wings.

Jason Alexander also didn't really have a handle on George in the pilot. He's playing wacky-charming instead of scheming failure.

Yeah, those were my thoughts too. It felt like a different show entirely.

The whole first season (which was only 5 episodes, so not really a proper season) was pretty "meh". Except for Male Unbonding, in which Jerry breaks up with his friend Joel. That one was decent.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Yeah, those were my thoughts too. It felt like a different show entirely.

The whole first season (which was only 5 episodes, so not really a proper season) was pretty "meh". Except for Male Unbonding, in which Jerry breaks up with his friend Joel. That one was decent.

I kinda like The Robbery. The whole "the door must be CLOSED" bit is solid Seinfeld.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

penismightier posted:

I kinda like The Robbery. The whole "the door must be CLOSED" bit is solid Seinfeld.

I was actually going to mention that in my post but I forgot whether or not it was from that episode :D

Also, the bit where George is showing Jerry the apartment and Elaine is excited about the amount of closet space and Jerry shuts her in the closet and then opens the door a little while later revealing Elaine with a total " :what: " look on her face was pretty great.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

haljordan posted:

The one black lady who goes "Hey Willie! Free candy!" cracks me up every time. She's so excited.

Me too, I love how in her excitement and with her mouth stuffed it sounds like 'FREE CANDAY'

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

penismightier posted:

I think he's stated a few times that he was just initially doing a Woody Allen impersonation.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Jerusalem posted:

I remember watching that and having an absolute horror of ever being so old that what they were at would constitute a party, it was so awfully white and boring. Just a few more years now...

"You came all the way out to Long Island for this?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair both Elaine and Jerry were bored out of their minds and everybody they spoke to seemed incredibly boring, so I don't think it was so much a matter of age as it was a bunch of boring suburbanites' idea of a "party".

I did laugh at George saying he "thought" something the woman he worked with said "suggested" that "maybe" she was interested in him, and it turns out what she said was,"I want you to make love to me".

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerusalem posted:

"I want you to make love to me".

I long for you.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Do I smell?

edit: Pantene. Do I smell Pantene?

atomic gog fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 3, 2012

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

atomic gog posted:

Do I smell?

edit: Pantene. Do I smell Pantene?

Why yes, I got a sample mixed in with my junk mail.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Which one was the episode where George comes out of the bathroom without his shirt on, because he was so dazed from the Magic eye that he forgot to put it back on after taking a dump? I thought it was the Stranded, but George wasn't at that party, sooo...

I love his expression after he realizes he's shirtless in the middle of the party. It's pretty much the epitome of "welp".

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

stratdax posted:

Which one was the episode where George comes out of the bathroom without his shirt on, because he was so dazed from the Magic eye that he forgot to put it back on after taking a dump? I thought it was the Stranded, but George wasn't at that party, sooo...

I love his expression after he realizes he's shirtless in the middle of the party. It's pretty much the epitome of "welp".

That would be "The Gymnast", S06E06.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
No encumbrances

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

haljordan posted:

That would be "The Gymnast", S06E06.

Ah, thanks. You could be the pommel horse!!

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

I cannot get my head around this shot from The Parking Garage. It looks like something H.P. Lovecraft would write.

joedevola fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 3, 2012

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Chili posted:

Why yes, I got a sample mixed in with my junk mail.

Well, there really is no "junk" mail. Everyone wants to receive a cheque or a birthday card, but it...

...requires just as much manpower to deliver as your precious little "greeting" cards--.

Yes, I know that off by heart.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

joedevola posted:

I cannot get my head around this shot from The Parking Garage. It looks like something H.P. Lovecraft would write.

They used a lot of mirrors on that set to make the place look bigger. They're pretty obvious in a lot of shots, particularly that one. The whole episode was filmed on a set and not one bit of it was in an actual parking garage, which is pretty impressive for a regular sitcom.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

They used a lot of mirrors on that set to make the place look bigger. They're pretty obvious in a lot of shots, particularly that one. The whole episode was filmed on a set and not one bit of it was in an actual parking garage, which is pretty impressive for a regular sitcom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJI5kU-q4RM

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

Thanks for that. The shot though... where does it start and where does it end? It's genuinely perplexing.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
…Then Mr. Seinfeld went to the restroom, at which point Mr. Costanza scooped ice out of Mr. Seinfeld’s drink with his bare hands using it to wash up, then Mr. Costanza remarked to me, "This never happened."

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I've always wondered about this joke from "The Shower Head":

quote:

Newman: All right, now here's the lowdown. From a certain connection, I've been able to locate some black market shower heads. They're all made in the former Yugoslavia, and from what I hear the Serbs are fanatic about their showers.
Jerry: Not from the footage I've seen.

Can someone explain it to me? Is this just a Yugoslavia War joke or is there something more to it that I'm missing?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Glare Seethe posted:

Can someone explain it to me? Is this just a Yugoslavia War joke or is there something more to it that I'm missing?

Jerry's implying that looking at footage of Serbs, they all appear dirty and unkempt. Most american footage of Serbs would be coverage of the Yugoslavian Revolution and aftermath of it, but I think it's also just a racial stereotype.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
All right, thanks, then it's more or less what I thought. Kind of a weak joke in an otherwise brilliant episode, though.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
My least favorite Seinfeld joke:
George: You have to drink that whole thing?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, these are really interesting. I watched this one and now I'm watching the one for The Subway.

I don't think I've ever really thought about how much drat work was put into the making of the show.

These are awesome. Makes me appreciate the episodes even more.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Woah, these are really interesting. I watched this one and now I'm watching the one for The Subway.

I don't think I've ever really thought about how much drat work was put into the making of the show.

These are awesome. Makes me appreciate the episodes even more.

They're all on Youtube and they're all great, you should watch them all

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

T. Butt posted:

They're all on Youtube and they're all great, you should watch them all

I have been :3:

There's this whole YouTube playlist of like 53 videos. Most are about particular episodes, and some are just about the show in general. It's a little over 5 hours worth of material.

Definitely check this out if you're a fan of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3AD38E004C9D449C

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I have been :3:

There's this whole YouTube playlist of like 53 videos. Most are about particular episodes, and some are just about the show in general. It's a little over 5 hours worth of material.

Definitely check this out if you're a fan of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3AD38E004C9D449C

And if you have the DVDs they're all on there, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wa27 posted:

And if you have the DVDs they're all on there, too.

Yeah they're really neat to watch after an episode and pick up all kinds of neat little things - some are quite short though, and I get the impression they were filmed in a large block.

I actually really dig how seriously Michael Richards took the role. Everybody else is having a great time, and he is too - but he refuses to break character and he takes the notion of physical comedy as an artform so seriously. It's amusing that the zaniest, most free-wheeling character on the show was played by the actor who took things the most seriously.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
ASTROTURF?! You know who's responsible for that?! :rant:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

THE JEWS!

Speaking of that episode, watching one of these making-of videos from that YouTube playlist I posted earlier, I heard one of crew say that the Neo-Nazi guy in the limo was Peter Krause, who went on to play Nate Fisher in Six Feet Under.

That just blew my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Glare Seethe posted:

I assumed it was a joke about gassing, as in concentration camps.