Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

madattheinternet posted:

407 is an Orlando area code... that's a typical Central Florida craigslist post so he must just be a transplant. Doesn't count for Texas.

Also, Midland/Odessa is very much not South Texas. That's West Texas. South Texas would be Austin and below (Houston, San Antonio, Galveston, Corpus Cristi, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
here's some ebay gold
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200717083899+&viewitem=#ht_500wt_1182

http://www.sheetmetalhappens.com/inprocessprojects.html

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I don't get all the attention to detail on the front end, but then the back was like..

Caddy tailights...and ah whatever, gently caress it.

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!

oddspelling posted:

I'd really like to contribute to this thread, but there's no such thing as CL gold in South Texas, Just people asking $5k+ for 10 and 15 year old Camries and Tauruses with a quarter-million miles. :negative:

There's probably a bunch of Cibics and Mohstangs with kits and neons. There were whenever I visited the valley

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Not Craigslist, but holy crap.
http://janesvillekia.com/vehicle_preowned/vin/?vin=1C3BC55GXDG180186

I have seen this car, and it is glorious in it's unapologetic 80's-ness.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Weird, I don't see "Owned by Jon Voight" in the features.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I loooove 80's chryslers, and this one looks amazing...

But $7000? maybe $5000, if it had a Turbo motor in it. And this one doesn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I feel the hunger for a project again so I was giving CL a look just now.

Oh boy! An '87 Monte Carlo SS!

Oh god.

$3000
Need to get rid of it ASAP for info just text me at 2604466755 my best and final offer
http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/2867333788.html

Need to get rid of it right away because driving it is blinding me.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I personally think you should buy that, get huge wheels and make it into a Creamsicle donk. The color scheme is already there.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Jesus, what an abomination. I understand different strokes for different folks, but how could anyone think that looks good? It was like he just picked completely random parts from other cars.

I suppose the ultimate question is, why does anything in this thread still shock me?

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I personally think you should buy that, get huge wheels and make it into a Creamsicle donk. The color scheme is already there.

I imagine that is where it was going, or even was before he had to sell the wheels. It has old Buick wheels currently like a lot of people i know run on their donks in the winter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I emailed him and asked him if it's been donked, will report back if he answers me.

Does AI have a sort of free for all thread? Like we can just randomly bring poo poo up like "thinking of buying this car, talk me out of it?" kind of stuff?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

SiliconX posted:

Jesus, what an abomination. I understand different strokes for different folks, but how could anyone think that looks good? It was like he just picked completely random parts from other cars.

You're just not safisticated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I've never seen a car beg harder for "killlll meeeee."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Rhyno posted:

I emailed him and asked him if it's been donked, will report back if he answers me.

Does AI have a sort of free for all thread? Like we can just randomly bring poo poo up like "thinking of buying this car, talk me out of it?" kind of stuff?

That never works. Every time I post something up, I have nothing but people pushing me into it or diving over me to get at it.

Like this:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kimbo305 posted:

I've never seen a car beg harder for "killlll meeeee."

That car was dead before, it is rebuilt from a salvaged wreck. Frankenstang! I don't know why he thinks that is a showcase of his metal working.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dumbass mustang murderer wants $32,500 on ebay but $48,500 on his own website.

safisticatian in deed.

E: I emailed him offering $10 to drag it into the center of his shop and set it on fire. If he replies, I'll post it here.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 1, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That never works. Every time I post something up, I have nothing but people pushing me into it or diving over me to get at it.

I'm having a crisis right now, there was a Taurus SHO up locally but the guy doubled his price when I showed up. Then another pops up and it's nearly perfect (I know, its a SHO so it will be hosed somehow). Well last night I see and SVT Focus for sale right down the loving street from me.

Keep in mind that I own a Mazdaseed 6 and a Ford F-150 Lightning, I really don't need a third limited edition car that's more trouble to work on than the standard version.

But gently caress me if I don't want both of them.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Actual gold:

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Would drive this all day long, I don't care how cartoonish it looks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...=item231a74a82c

Ebay posted:

HERE WE HAVE A 1969 MANTA MIRAGE, TORCH RED WITH 1395 ORIGINAL MILES, YES THATS 1395 MILES. DOCUMENTED. THESE CARS WERE WAY AHEAD OF THIER TIME AND WILL STILL OUT HADLE AND HANG WITH THE BEST OF THEM. THIS ALL FIBERGLASS CAR IS NOT ONE OF THE VW KITS. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. IT HAS A HAND BUILT TUBE CHASSIS, ITS A MID ENGINE CAR WITH THE PERFECT WEIGHT RATIO. IT HAS A BUILT SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE WITH A 4 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. THE HEADERS ARE A WORK OF ART AND MUST BE SEEN, THERE ARE A SET SMALL RACE MUFFLERS WELDED IN FOR JUST THAT RIGHT AMOUNT OF BACK PRESSURE. THIS THING GETS UP AND MOVES, HANDLES LIKE A GO CART AND STOPS GREAT. THE CAR WAS EVEN ORDERED WITH AIR CONDITIONING AND IT WORKS, IT BLOWS ICE COLD. EVERYTHING ON IT WORKS PERFECTLY. NO LEAKS, SQUEAKS OR RATTLES. THE INTERIOR CONSISTS OF THE ORIGINAL CARPET, SEATS AND GUAGES. THE SEATS ARE CONTOURED TO THE INSIDE AND FIT THE DRIVER LIKE A GLOVE. THE GAUGES ARE THE ORIGINAL STEWART WARNER AND ARE HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER. ALL GAUGES WORK AND LOOK GREAT. THE FRONT AND REAR GLASS ARE FREE OF SCRATCHES AND LOOK GREAT. THE TOP IS REMOVEABLE OR CAN BE DRIVEN WITH IT ON AS WELL. THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION WORK FLAWLESSLY. IT STARTS EASY AND SHIFTS GREAT, ITS REALLY A BLAST TO DRIVE. IT ALSO HAS A COMPLETE SECOND IGNITION SET UP SO WHILE THE REAR SECTION IS OPEN IF YOU NEED TO START AND WORK ON THE ENGINE YOU CAN WITHOUT HAVING TO GET INTO THE CAR. IT CAN ALL BE DONE FROM UNDER THE HOOD. THE FRONT SUSPENSION IS TIGHT AND ALL PARTS ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. IT HAS CENTERLINE WHEELS AND BFG TIRES, ALL IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO DESCRIBE THE CAR. I AM SURE THERE IS SOMETHING I LEFT OUT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AND PROVIDE ME WITH A CONTACT NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE CAR PLEASE EMAIL ME AND WE CAN SET UP A TIME.

AS WITH ANY CAR OF THIS AGE ITS BEING SOLD AS IS WITH NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.

A 25% NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS DUE AT THE AUCTIONS CLOSE

THE REMAINDER IS DUE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF THE AUCTIONS CLOSE. NO EXCEPTIONS

THE CAR IS TO BE PICKED UP WTHIN 3 DAYS OF THE AUCTIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS

BIDDERS WITH 0 OR " LOW" FEEDBACK, EMAIL AND PROVIDE ME WITH YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION PRIOR TO BIDDING.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

http://juneau.craigslist.org/reb/2875982910.html

The truck is the only thing of value in that listing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

It's sad that his design skills aren't up to the level of his fabrication skills. I mean, look at the "sheetmetalhappens" link - that's all steel.
I have to wonder if that's really what it looked like in his head.

Also, do those headlights even point vaguely in the right direction? They're from an Elise, so I'm guessing that at that angle, they're pointing more than a bit... somewhere else. Maybe there's enough adjustment there.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

dissss posted:

Actual gold:

This thing would be perfect for a Bosu car. Needs a ton of lights and it would be good to go.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

So it is guaranteed to this guy it will start once the battery is charged but, in a fit of confidence in his purchase, he, random internet guy, will not guarantee it for you. And in order to get the key, you have to buy. He has looked it over very closely, so buy with confidence.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo, that's not far from me. gently caress that guy, though. $800 with the key or no deal. You could always hook up a battery and jump the starter with a screwdriver to see if it really cranks.

Sounds like he's trying to sell it on faith that he'll send you the title after you pay for it and take it. No thanks, too much of a pain in the rear end.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Rhyno posted:

I'm having a crisis right now, there was a Taurus SHO up locally but the guy doubled his price when I showed up. Then another pops up and it's nearly perfect (I know, its a SHO so it will be hosed somehow). Well last night I see and SVT Focus for sale right down the loving street from me.

Keep in mind that I own a Mazdaseed 6 and a Ford F-150 Lightning, I really don't need a third limited edition car that's more trouble to work on than the standard version.

But gently caress me if I don't want both of them.

whelp first of all.. it's an SHO... so no it's not worth double. In fact it's worth half. (just go with it)

secondly gently caress an SVT focus unless int's an insanely stupid deal.

thirdly, gently caress yes for a lightning. what year?

Spongebob Tampax posted:

poo poo, that's not far from me. gently caress that guy, though. $800 with the key or no deal. You could always hook up a battery and jump the starter with a screwdriver to see if it really cranks.

Sounds like he's trying to sell it on faith that he'll send you the title after you pay for it and take it. No thanks, too much of a pain in the rear end.

those things go for less than that in my area all day long.
poo poo, when I was searching for sub $1K winter beaters I had to dig through pages of them at around $500 in good running condition with 100k.
I'm starting to think I should have "invested"

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 2, 2012

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Want it. It'd just be silly :(

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
How dare they call a non DOHC powered SN95 a cobra swap.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

This got flagged for removal pretty quickly yesterday, but I did grab a screenshot in time:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Lord Gaga posted:

How dare they call a non DOHC powered SN95 a cobra swap.

The 95 Cobra 302 had GT40 heads and intake manifold that provided a nice bump in power from the GT motor

kimbo305 posted:

Want it. It'd just be silly :(

I saw that too and considered e-mailing him. I'm sated with this beater Z24 at least until spring though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Black88GTA posted:

Would drive this all day long, I don't care how cartoonish it looks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...=item231a74a82c

You could do your own remake of the 80s TV show "Hardcastle and McCormack"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

whelp first of all.. it's an SHO... so no it's not worth double. In fact it's worth half. (just go with it)

secondly gently caress an SVT focus unless int's an insanely stupid deal.

thirdly, gently caress yes for a lightning. what year?

I've wanted a SHO since my dad balked and bought a Sable wagon instead. It crushed my childhood. The SVT guy doesn't have the price listed and my Lighting is a '95.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Noise Complaint posted:

The 95 Cobra 302 had GT40 heads and intake manifold that provided a nice bump in power from the GT motor

So did the 1996 Ford Explorer. GT40...IRON heads...and still 40HP shy of the DOHC. It made less horsepower than the Lincoln Mark VIII. A shameful Cobra. Lets not even start talking about the magical gently caress you ECU. Hate those cars.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hahaha http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/2858472995.html

Also possible gold.....http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/2880568737.html

quote:

1989 Toyota GT-S - $1900 (Hudson)

Neighbor wants to sell a 89 corolla sr 5, respond if you are interested and i will call you with details of what i know about the car. Needs tlc but has a cool look, I'm just trying to help them get rid of it ( owner is 80 and loves his car )...

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 3, 2012

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to post this here as well since it's a craigslist ad. I'm waiting to hear back from him on when the last time it actually ran might be.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

I'm going to post this here as well since it's a craigslist ad. I'm waiting to hear back from him on when the last time it actually ran might be.

This is the best sales pitch for a Biturbo I've ever seen.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That's funny because there's a Biturbo near my friend's house that's been parked in the front lawn next to the mailbox for the past two years and I've never seen it moved.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That's funny because there's a Biturbo near my friend's house that's been parked in the front lawn next to the mailbox for the past two years and I've never seen it moved.

That is because they dont feel like spending $8000 to make it move.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lord Gaga posted:

That is because they dont feel like spending $8000 to make it move.

$8000 gets you, what, 30 seconds of continuous running?

On a stranger note, I want this in a very, very bizarre way.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2881884906.html

I want to take it and see how far I can get it offroad. Or turn it into the worst rallycross car ever. Or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Its not really a 6 speed like a modern 6 speed, its a super low extra first gear and a normal 5 speed.