Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Skarsnik posted:

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/3302

Luckily for me I live in Cardiff where the store is actually based. It is a good shop

Excellent, thanks - I've just ordered a can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommmmm
Jan 1, 2012

kicks forts posted:

Can anyone recommend me a good brand Razor saw in the UK? I'm pretty sure that's what they're called. Those square sawblade things :downs:. Also one of those things for making 90 and 45 degree cuts.

This is my favourite hobby supply shop online. Bought from them quite a few times.

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=2&q=Razor+saw

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Got my next Warmcachine Warcaster

wooooooooooooooo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

crime fighting hog posted:

wooooooooooooooo

If you don't actually assemble him like that, then you drat well better sculpt a horse mask on the dude :argh:

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Cthulu Carl posted:

If you don't actually assemble him like that, then you drat well better sculpt a horse mask on the dude :argh:

Horse head mask + 3D face printing = The greatest army ever made.

Made it so Crime Fighting Hog, it is your duty.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lemon Curdistan posted:

So apparently Testors Dullcote just flat out does not exist in the UK. Is there a UK equivalent I can get?

I like Plasti-Kote Krystal Clear Flat - you can get it in art & craft shops as well as B&Q or Homebase usually.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

Thread inspired me to man-up and freehand some shark chapter badges. Carcharodons ITT.

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

wooooooooooooooo

Get another set of bits for Kraye's upper body. Make Kraye ride a Krayetaur.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Anyone looking for cheap Orky bases should check out this dude. I bought a shitload from him because he sells them at 50 for £10, which is dramatically cheaper than I've found anywhere else. His 25mm bases are painted pretty badly in the shots, but you get the idea.

I can get some unpainted shots if anyone is interested, I guess.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Sneaky Homunculus posted:

Thread inspired me to man-up and freehand some shark chapter badges. Carcharodons MOTHER loving SPACE SHARKS :rock: ITT.

Fixed that poo poo for you!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Sneaky Homunculus posted:

Thread inspired me to man-up and freehand some shark chapter badges. Carcharodons ITT.

These are really nice!

operation killjoy
Aug 13, 2011

Moonwolf posted:

What do UK goons use for stripping paint off plastics? The big "Use Simple Green" thing is ok other than that it costs £16/litre + postage. Is there anything cheaper that's as effective that's actually available?

I know this is late but I bit the bullet and ordered simple green a few weeks ago. You do actually water it down 1:5 or 1:10 so it goes a lot further than youd think. Ive used stripping agents and Dettol before and wouldnt change back. Dettols especially nasty to work with as it can leave a nasty smell and makes a mess of the paint gloop. Simple Green can also be filtered and reused too. I stuck two resin tanks in painted with Vallejo and the paint just brushes off. Really good stuff.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Whoever plays Space Sharks needs a banner with the following on it;

Sum caetus
Sum caetus
Nutrientibus mea mentula
Sum caetus

Make it so.

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Just bought the FW Masterclass book, looks pretty sweet so far. The detail on some of those tanks is amazing I need to buy some hairspray though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Skarsnik posted:

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/3302

Luckily for me I live in Cardiff where the store is actually based. It is a good shop
Good ain't the word, Rob is a saint.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Dark Project posted:

Sum caetus
Sum caetus
Nutrientibus mea mentula
Sum caetus

Make it so.

translation please

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Does anyone know of a place where they have more detailed assembly guidelines? I feel like the sheet coming in the IG Battleforce does not show enough for me to be able to build my Sentinel without ruining it.

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL

Torabi posted:

Does anyone know of a place where they have more detailed assembly guidelines? I feel like the sheet coming in the IG Battleforce does not show enough for me to be able to build my Sentinel without ruining it.

Just dry-fit the pieces and get a good sense of how they fit together, and do't use too much glue.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

S.J. posted:

translation please

I'm a shark
I'm a shark
Suck my dick
I'm a shark

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I like stippling on my paint with a sponge for certain things. Should I still be diluting my paint for this?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Lethemonster posted:

I like stippling on my paint with a sponge for certain things. Should I still be diluting my paint for this?

I don't think so, I don't thin mine when I'm stippling.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If today has taught me anything, it's that studying an art degree in design hasn't taught me a drat thing.

Badab black tastes loving horrible.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

The Dark Project posted:

Sum caetus
Sum caetus
Nutrientibus mea mentula
Sum caetus

Make it so.

Will do.
(when I get off on my arse and do some hobby)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I painted the Nurgle Daemon Prince from Forge World. I'm really happy with how the weathering on the metal turned out.

The goo in the barrel is now painted with gloss varnish, but I wanted to get a few photos in before it became too reflective.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I never realised the goop in the drum is coming from a pipe in his back thats amazing.

Nice job! (but his eye should be yellow!)

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

I'm a shark
I'm a shark
Suck my dick
I'm a shark

Would probably be better as -

Pistrix sum
Pistrix sum
Mea mentula ede
Pistrix sum

I'm having trouble parsing TDP's version, and this is slightly more elegant Latin. Scans a bit better too.

oh gently caress what am I doing
:unsmigghh:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Yeast posted:

I never realised the goop in the drum is coming from a pipe in his back thats amazing.

Nice job! (but his eye should be yellow!)

I would imagine he eats bodies then digests them into toxic goo. Then he sprays it out and the cycle repeats.

This model has Daemonic Gaze in my list, so it's appropriate to have a ranged weapon.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Red Shoe posted:

Awesomeness

Looks great, I wish I could pull off the same level on my own nurgle army.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Didn't change a whole lot, but I think we might be ready for paint. Hopefully it looks a lot more integrated now. Gunners will be painted seperately. I closed the hatches because this thing is already tall as heck, so they will shoot from the back.

edit; Just noticed the "groove" in the dozer blade doesn't line up with the spiked ram, which it will upon gluing. Its just resting on there right now and the front end has a few millimetres lateral wiggle room.

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 4, 2012

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
How do you follow something so cool ^^^? :(

cross-post:

These are rough, but... sanguinary interceptors for my Grey Knights!

What do you guys think? :allears:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Red Robin Hood posted:

What do you guys think? :allears:

Chuck some standard GK heads on them and a few of the GK accessories and you should be golden.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
I would have used GK shoulder pads but I ran out of them :(

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Crossposting to get help sooner than later:

One of my judges for next Oath season had to drop out and I'm in need of a replacement. I warn that it'll be a little bit more work for the judges than in previous years, and I'll have a few tasks to set you on right away. I had one or two people volunteer after I already chose the original judges but I can't remember who and my inboxes are a quagmire of back n' forth messages at the moment. Judges are ineligible for prizes, but are welcome to oath any month they just want to challenge themselves or get more painted.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Crossposting to get help sooner than later:

One of my judges for next Oath season had to drop out and I'm in need of a replacement. I warn that it'll be a little bit more work for the judges than in previous years, and I'll have a few tasks to set you on right away. I had one or two people volunteer after I already chose the original judges but I can't remember who and my inboxes are a quagmire of back n' forth messages at the moment. Judges are ineligible for prizes, but are welcome to oath any month they just want to challenge themselves or get more painted.

I would definitely love to judge.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Red Robin Hood posted:

I would definitely love to judge.

"No shark motifs, no points. :colbert:"

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
:smith:

The sound it made when it hit the floor...it haunts my dreams.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

bhsman posted:

I'll... I'll be good. I swear! :allears:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fyrbrand posted:

:smith:

The sound it made when it hit the floor...it haunts my dreams.

Fuuuuuuck :smith:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

bhsman posted:

Worry not, for I have sent young Hercules on a mission full of impossible labors! Should he somehow manage to slay the Nemean Lion, the hydra shall surely devour him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Worry not, for I have sent young Hercules on a mission full of impossible labors! Should he somehow manage to slay the Nemean Lion, the hydra shall surely devour him!

Fear he not the lion, the serpent. Fear he the woman, cruelest of all Greek legends.

Seriously, Hera is a total bitch.

• Locked thread