Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Evilreaver posted:

Is there anyone in Game of Thrones who doesn't have ears?

I read that in a really petulant, disgusted voice. "God dammit! Is there anyone on this loving show who doesn't have ears?!" :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
Sandor Clegane only has one ear.

Tacostein fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 3, 2012

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
There's that executioner chap who doesn't have a tongue?

He's not really material for catchphrases as a result though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Rather Dashing posted:

There's that executioner chap who doesn't have a tongue?

He's not really material for catchphrases as a result though.
Uh? Ah own haff u uuuing uung.

edit: I don't actually know what people without tongues would sound like and would be interested if anyone could tell me what it's like.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Elysiume posted:

edit: I don't actually know what people without tongues would sound like and would be interested if anyone could tell me what it's like.

It's really, really disturbing. It's like what deaf people sound like, except they have a clearer idea of what they want to say and simply lack a way of getting it across. It's pretty heartbreaking, imagine the son from There Will Be Blood, except clip everything he says in half.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elysiume posted:

Honestly if they ended up with no tongue later on they'd probably adapt their phonetics to make near-consonants, just with glottal shenanigans and weird plosive fricatives with their teeth and lips. l's and r's are right out though of course.

If they were born with it and have no idea what the tongue-assisted consonants feel like and sound like in their own ears, poo poo, I have no clue.

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM
Woah. I didn't know Paulo was in this.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

The White Dragon posted:

Honestly if they ended up with no tongue later on they'd probably adapt their phonetics to make near-consonants, just with glottal shenanigans and weird plosive fricatives with their teeth and lips. l's and r's are right out though of course.

If they were born with it and have no idea what the tongue-assisted consonants feel like and sound like in their own ears, poo poo, I have no clue.

So how often do you work with the IPA?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

So how often do you work with the IPA?

Like every time I want a beer.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

E the Shaggy posted:

Looking at Lazer's deviant art page, here's one of his favorite paintings:

:stare:

That's a wonderful(ly horrifying) painting. Pretty inspiring though. Makes me want to dig in more to painting.

I'm kinda getting started out on deviantart myself and am trying to master classic animation characters. (And also ruin them.) If you folks would like me to do a hosed up version of something as one of my daily drawing exercises, give me a buzz. I'm all for more excuses to practice! I also love trying to learn a character model and then breaking them like crazy.

A recent sketch example - doodled these while watching 'runaway brain'

Personally, I don't think anyone 'breaks' and does hosed up versions of animation characters than a lot of the artists that work on those characters/films/shows. There's a lot of insane stuff that never gets shown outside the studios.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 3, 2012

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I really want to do a variant of Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X but with a screaming and distorted Tails levitating within the framework of a hypercube.

Nunez
Feb 21, 2011
Hah, it's pretty fun to see the first thread I've ever started go from "What's this?" to frontpage goldmine in little over a week.

I do think this might be it for the comic though. He's not giving us enough consistent work to keep us interested. Plus, as been said before, he might start steering it into what he thinks we think is funny, instead his own wacky thought process that drew us in the first place.

Still wish I could've earned that THE SISSY avatar...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Three-Phase posted:

I really want to do a variant of Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X but with a screaming and distorted Tails levitating within the framework of a hypercube.

A pic of the troll eating sonic ala "Saturn devouring his son" by Goya

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Some Other Guy posted:

Or is the portrait meant to be Daffy? 'Cause he's dressed as Donald. Daffy is a different story altogether and in that case this wouldn't be a good representation of him. I mean, that fucker was a draft dodger and didn't go through half the poo poo Donald went through. He didn't have to see the things that Donald saw.

Oh, now, I wouldn't say that. :)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Times posted:

That's a wonderful(ly horrifying) painting. Pretty inspiring though. Makes me want to dig in more to painting.

I'm kinda getting started out on deviantart myself and am trying to master classic animation characters. (And also ruin them.) If you folks would like me to do a hosed up version of something as one of my daily drawing exercises, give me a buzz. I'm all for more excuses to practice! I also love trying to learn a character model and then breaking them like crazy.

Personally, I don't think anyone 'breaks' and does hosed up versions of animation characters than a lot of the artists that work on those characters/films/shows. There's a lot of insane stuff that never gets shown outside the studios.

I think the break occurs when they start letting that stuff get out into public.

That's a great looking sketch! Do Tails getting trolled.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Nunez posted:

Hah, it's pretty fun to see the first thread I've ever started go from "What's this?" to frontpage goldmine in little over a week.

I do think this might be it for the comic though. He's not giving us enough consistent work to keep us interested. Plus, as been said before, he might start steering it into what he thinks we think is funny, instead his own wacky thought process that drew us in the first place.

Still wish I could've earned that THE SISSY avatar...

The only answer here is to troll him so he doesn't want to do anything with us. Trolling is always the means and the purpose.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

I shouldn't have used to Copic color set.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Tails Fandango?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

simplefish posted:

Tails Fandango?

I think it's supposed to be one of them Kevin Bacon paintings.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Slime posted:

I am completely unironically enjoying this. Not even in a so-bad-it's-good way.

It's just...good.

Upmarket Mango posted:

I don't know why but I honestly want to see more of this comic.

This is legitimately good, straight-up good.
Not even joking. :colbert:

The Mario vs Luigi fight was perfect. This guy has talent.
I am enjoying the plot and I want to know what happens next. I'm hooked.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think it's supposed to be one of them Kevin Bacon paintings.

Francis Bacon. Kevin Bacon is an actor.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Times posted:

That's pretty rad. Have you ever tried a rat fink?

Fart Jockey
Aug 13, 2010

Three-Phase posted:

I shouldn't have used to Copic color set.

Can't sleep, Tails'll eat me

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Being gone for a week or two I had hoped there'd be an update to this ever going saga. :smith:

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

The Ultimate Troll.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dogbutt posted:

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

When did Mario become so Machiavellian?

PS. I can't figure out how to deal with artifacts.
Now, I'm not "educated" or "literate," but there is a specific typeface I'm thinking of, and I can't remember the name. I know it was used in the Renaissance (or possibly based off Renaissance typefaces?), it has a distinctive-looking M, and some fancy letters nerd said it "was the most beautiful font ever" or some poo poo. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was gonna use that but said gently caress it.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Why does Mario kinda look like Beavis in the last picture?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I really should get one of those monitor color calibration devices. On this monitor, Tails is high-visibility orange. That's not the color I was going for.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Perhaps it should have been. The end result is marvellous.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Peach told Mario she could only marry him if he was royalty, so he became the prince.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chernabog posted:

Francis Bacon. Kevin Bacon is an actor.

Yes, he's an actor. That's Kevin Bacon as a painting.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
Well, I've finally caught up with the thread, and I have to confess that I genuinely enjoy reading Tails Gets Trolled. I mean, the fighting sequences are better than the ones in any of the other web comics I've read, and the writing is out of this world.

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 6, 2012

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'
Posting in this thread to say thank you to Mr. D Bewildering for the new avatar!

Cabrini-Green Tea fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 17, 2014

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I spent entirely too much time on this.

(Click for huge)

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 for reference.

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
That is marvelous. Please continue while we wait for another update.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

VietAssRapeFuckBros posted:

That is marvelous.

Actually, I think it's DC.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Three-Phase posted:

Ok I'm not starting a derail or an aside or off-topic chat but this painting. Holy poo poo this painting is so... I dunno. I just can't get over how much I loving love this thing. I have never had a piece of visual art just get to me like this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Moai Ou posted:

I spent entirely too much time on this.

(Click for huge)

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 for reference.

My God. Down to the black tears and everything. That was worth it.

Kate Lockwell posted:

Ok I'm not starting a derail or an aside or off-topic chat but this painting. Holy poo poo this painting is so... I dunno. I just can't get over how much I loving love this thing. I have never had a piece of visual art just get to me like this.

Bacon's done a bunch of these that all toe a line between really intriguing and hang-in-your-bedroom-for-nightmares-forever. I think I had a similar reaction to the painting of the death of Ivan the Terrible's son that was parodized, I could not stop looking at that pair of haunted eyes. Amazing.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Bacon's done a bunch of these that all toe a line between really intriguing and hang-in-your-bedroom-for-nightmares-forever. I think I had a similar reaction to the painting of the death of Ivan the Terrible's son that was parodized, I could not stop looking at that pair of haunted eyes. Amazing.

I wasn't the only one, huh? :stare: I tracked down and read a couple of Ivan's online biographies after that.

Lazorbot raises art awareness and appreciation.