Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TurnipFritter posted:

Hey, they remembered Maya, Eikichi, Baofu and Yukino:

I mean, yeah, Naoto-as-Yukino and Yosuke-as-Eikichi are the only ones that are easily identifiable (Mitsuru-as-Maya is pretty much impossible to identify, while you can really only tell that Kanji-is-Baofu because his persona is dressed up as Odysseus)...

Whoa, Yosuke-as-Eikichi is actually pretty spot on. All he needs as a guitar case that's actually a machine gun and he's all set. Maya wasn't that hard though, her coat should be more white though.

I was just throwing out names there earlier but I was trying to say that there's like 5 Persona games, use someone from one of them instead of making new dudes please. I'm sure Junpei would have loved being here, or hey maybe Katsuya. Katsuya's Kool with the Kids! Or Shinjiro! Come on, stranger things have happened AND he uses an axe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Justice posted:

Aigis as Metis is pretty obvious there.

All of those are "cameos," I was just pointing out the old-old school ones. I assumed everyone could pick out Yukari, Chidori, P3ro, Takaya, Jack Frost and Metis.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y7I9HQnyc4

From a reality show in Japan, this demo of the P4A's arcade console shows off that Yukiko's Dia eats up projectiles, and if Yukiko's in Awakening when she heals herself up, she stays in Awakening. Not too bad, considering how Yukiko is still fragile if she's hit.

EDIT: Late night Persona stream!

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 1, 2012

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Here's a PDF showing the movelist.

Looks dead simple - I don't even know if some of the moves will have L/M/H versions because specials involve multiple buttons.

236, 214, 236236, 214214, 22, and 2 for motions, it seems. That's about it. A few charge motions here and there, but nothing huge.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Mitsuru has aegis reflector....sort of.

Teddie has a worse (better?) version of Fausts' meteors. Actually he has a bunch of item based moves.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 1, 2012

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

So far, what I learned is...

- Fog plays when you do a character's insta-kill move. Mitsuru's where Artemisia freezes the opponent in a snowflake-shaped ball of ice, and Mitsuru stabs them with one blow to finish them! Teddie uses Kintoki-Douji to send his opponent to space, using a detonator similar to Faust's insta-kill, showing off he's a bear of science too. Chie's is her Galactic Punt, though I never seen it to know the specifics, y'all.
- Mirror matches between P4 cast results in the music being Reach Out To the Truth. I'm assuming for P3, Heartful Cry plays, but I'm not sure at the moment. All characters have their own theme, too, and stages have their own themes.
- Teddie has at least 4 different win poses - One with Human Teddie popping out of his suit, Teddie in his Alice outfit, Teddie running away from the stage, and Teddie looking up into the foreground with a smug face as he lectures the audience.
- Kanji has his him slamming his chair down when he wins, or he throws his chair angrily at the screen. He's also REALLY powerful in terms of damage ('Cause of Day 1 being grappler heaven?)

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 1, 2012

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Hoo ha! I played this game for like two hours today. My local arcade just got it.
Let me be the first to say welcome back guilty gear and jojos. Well, it feels like a mix of guilty gear with HnK, because of the button setup.

Dislikes: The button setup really is annoying. It took me like 3 games to find sweep (2 + a + b) since I didn't have an Iphone or anything. Also with this four button setup and so many double button presses I found myself often pressing the wrong double button input. I even got some accidental bursts trying to tech, ugh. Fat fingers to blame there.

-Looks dope. 3d ish stages kind of 'rotate' in the background when characters jump up. All of the characters look pretty clean as well, and I really like the UI except that burst doesn't look like what I'm used to.
-It's really fast and offensive. I saw no combos that took 2 years. Of course it's only day 1.
-Oki does not seem as strong compared to GG or HnK. Characters seemed to tech and recover fast. Also, no one had found any blockstrings that were super hard to escape either like GG venom or Zappa w/ghosts.
-I really like all the characters, even the ones I don't like for example robot girls. I played almost all of them and they have weird and unique stuff. Also they really feel like Persona too, especially with the status effects. The status effects seem pretty good! Paralyze is great for Kanji and Silence is really good for Naota.

I really like the system mechanics. Everyone has a roll which is not very good and a ghetto DP that is not very good, so it's hard to lock anyone down completely. Even though both are not very good for most chars if you use them right you'll escape. The universal overhead move is weird. It's even easier to react to than slow GG dusts because when you use it your character FLASHES white like HEY HERES AN OVERHEAD and they are pretty slow. On the other hand they have a hit of super armor? These seemed best to use if you thought your opponent was gonna use his ghetto DP as all I saw were just 1 hit. Also the UoH led to decent damage.
I completely forgot about short hop so I have to try that.
Grabs are good. I couldnt tell how fast they were. Good range though. Also good damage, sometimes combos. Felt kind of like GG but longer range I wanna say?

The comeback mechanic is pretty funny since I can't see a bad player making any good use of the extra meter.

I really like the A A A A combos for bad players though. THATS something that is a good idea as opposed to like "make all the characters walk really slow". Actually for Yukiko it would combo right into an Auto super cancel lol. These combos are not very good though. No damage.

Getting persona broken is REALLY BAD. You lose a LOT of moves. But, your stand/persona thing recovers decently fast.

Characters:
Day one-two-whatever hero's were Chie and Kanji, although someone had a 15 streak with bear guy.
Chie has really good normals. Good AA and really good ground normals. Her air normals seemed to lose to many other people's air normals though. Her stand (i assume) C can lock you down for a second while she does something. Her grab does good damage and she can One More RC into a combo. She has a good super that starts REALLY FAST 0-1-2 frames I donno? And does quite a lot of damage. I couldn't find a way to punish it, but the guy I was fighting only used it once in a while when he was sure I was moving.
She's really a day one monster though because she has a rekkas? or something, that she can blockstring into, that goes high, low, and if either hits, combo. There's no space to do anything before the high or the low. She's super punishable after the low but she has a third followup rekka that she can punch which will beat your button. This one is punishable too but, players were doing good mindgames with just doing the high, going high low stop, doing all three and One More cancelling into another high rekka, etc, so I was usually kind of afraid to try a punish.

Kanji is real good right now because he does REAL BIG damage with his grabs. Super grab seems to do like, 60%? Normal grab does like 20~ or maybe 15~, the damage scaling made it hard to tell. His normals seem like rear end but he has lots of scary grabs. I was especially often surprised by his Air To Ground grab, which doesn't do a ton of damage, and he can be hit out of it, BUT, his one good normal was jumping B and it was really good, kind of like a better potemkin Jump S, so I wasn't really trying to meet him air to air. Paralyze is good. People can do specials that move around or dash during paralyze, but they cant walk or run or airdash. They can jump. The duration seems pretty long, definitely long enough to get in. All the status effects seem real good actually except poison? Poison is always such a bad effect in fgs.

I was playing lots of Yukiko. She seems not very strong but interesting. Her A attack is very good, good AA and good against characters that want to run in and smack Yukiko. Leads into Combo or safe blockstring. Air A also good and beat lots of Chie's air attacks. Her grab gives a combo in corner and seems like I should be able to do something midscreen? but I couldn't find a way. This game is so fast so lol at the idea of healing. Maybe Vs Kanji but you'd probably get paralyzed for it. I snuck in a few heals. It's kind of funny to use but I got hurt for it more than I healed. It is a really good faux DP though. Recovers fairly fast. Her persona has sick good hitboxes but it flies all over the screen so it's really easy to persona break her and its even more Real Bad for her than most chars, because all her fuckin moves are persona moves.

What an effortpost. Well let me know if you want me to try something on it. I have work tomorrow but I'll probably play a few more hours on Sat.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Spiking posted:

Dislikes: The button setup really is annoying. It took me like 3 games to find sweep (2 + a + b) since I didn't have an Iphone or anything. Also with this four button setup and so many double button presses I found myself often pressing the wrong double button input. I even got some accidental bursts trying to tech, ugh. Fat fingers to blame there.

Yeah I was expecting this after seeing all of those button combos earlier. HnK had the exact same problem of confusing inputs, and it had far less button combos than this game does.

quote:

It's even easier to react to than slow GG dusts because when you use it your character FLASHES white like HEY HERES AN OVERHEAD and they are pretty slow. On the other hand they have a hit of super armor? These seemed best to use if you thought your opponent was gonna use his ghetto DP as all I saw were just 1 hit.

Didn't know about the super armor, that sounds really drat useful actually. Even if they are slow to startup, can you get an idea of how safe they are on block?

quote:

Grabs are good. I couldnt tell how fast they were. Good range though. Also good damage, sometimes combos. Felt kind of like GG but longer range I wanna say?

That would be a huge change from the beta, where they were basically identical to BB. ~8F startup, ~13F throw break window. Of course there might be other factors involved (like very little throw invulnerability out of guard stun or something like that).

quote:

I really like the A A A A combos for bad players though. THATS something that is a good idea as opposed to like "make all the characters walk really slow". Actually for Yukiko it would combo right into an Auto super cancel lol. These combos are not very good though. No damage.

Pretty sure every character should be able to auto combo into their super with this, as long as you have the meter. That's what I gathered at least, it would be strange if someone couldn't.

quote:

She's really a day one monster though because she has a rekkas? or something, that she can blockstring into, that goes high, low, and if either hits, combo. There's no space to do anything before the high or the low. She's super punishable after the low but she has a third followup rekka that she can punch which will beat your button. This one is punishable too but, players were doing good mindgames with just doing the high, going high low stop, doing all three and One More cancelling into another high rekka, etc, so I was usually kind of afraid to try a punish.

Have you tried using your R Action to option select against this? It would really depend on how safe Chie is on block of the various parts of the rekkas, but in theory since R Action doesn't come out if you don't leave guard stun, you could use it to fish for gaps or unsafe stops.

Might not work, but worth trying to get a good idea of what the SD actually is on those various rekka hits.

On this note, can you One More Cancel your R Action? That would be worth knowing as well.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

The overheads seemed to vary char by char. I'll check it out more on Saturday; but from what I remember, Yukiko's has super slow startup but I never got punished. Chie's really looked like it was punishable and the Chie I played lots of sets with didn't use it too much, which makes me think it must be by something? Since if not it would be a great extra mixup for her game. But Alas I never punished it from maybe 4~ times I had a chance. Hers was faster than Yukiko's for sure. People seemed to avoid using them too much. My impression was after a blocked UoH it kind of felt like a neutral situation.

Yeah I should say I don't think they are 0F throws or anything. I think what suprised me about throws was the range. But they were real breakable compared to GG throws. Also actually I hate two button throws. I got punished sometimes for my throw whiff animation when I was trying to UoH.

That's a good idea about the R action! It would probably work between the 2nd and last hit. Assuming no RC, etc etc.

I'll check if you can one more cancel R actions.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
Did you happen to notice anything interesting coming from Mitsuru in day one play?

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Forest Thief Pud posted:

Did you happen to notice anything interesting coming from Mitsuru in day one play?

I only saw trash Mitsurus and I only played her 2 times and got stomped? I love her A/B normals they were quite good but I HATED her persona normals. Long range but I didn't know them so I would whiff them and they had long recovery. Please Punch my Persona. Also she's a charge character. Just Like Guile. But sonic ice wall is down/up charge and flash poke is back forward.
Her air A has retarded range and so does ground A but it can be crouched.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If you get a chance, can you test some specifics on how Mini-Jump works in this game? Like, do you get all of your normal jump options off it (double jump, air dash, air turn, etc)? Does it have any additional land recovery if you do nothing off it? Can you cross up knocked down bodies with it? Can you do some really dumb poo poo like knock someone down, minijump->air turn->crossup oki?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXro_54r3Ls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw4b4fccblA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqYRKrZ2nM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3gv7UY8fKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPa2l-xfpg

This game looks amazing.

Beginning of video 3 is... well. It's HnK as hell.

Edit: Well, on second look, it just looks like a super with an unblockable part that looks like people are accidentally jumping into. Oops.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 2, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Arcade mode last boss spoilers: It's Labrys, or Shadow Labrys anyways - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ms4sIP8Zk the arena is apparently Robot Hell

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

interrodactyl posted:

Here's a PDF showing the movelist.

Looks dead simple - I don't even know if some of the moves will have L/M/H versions because specials involve multiple buttons.

236, 214, 236236, 214214, 22, and 2 for motions, it seems. That's about it. A few charge motions here and there, but nothing huge.

I never thought I'd get :smug: about execution in fighting games, but no DP inputs at all?

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If you get a chance, can you test some specifics on how Mini-Jump works in this game? Like, do you get all of your normal jump options off it (double jump, air dash, air turn, etc)? Does it have any additional land recovery if you do nothing off it? Can you cross up knocked down bodies with it? Can you do some really dumb poo poo like knock someone down, minijump->air turn->crossup oki?

R action can't be OMCed, at least not for yukiko, I assume for everyone. Bursts and OMCs are really annoying to hit when you want. Three buttons of a square feels unnatural. I'm sure I can get used to it.

Mini jump only gives air turn, no double, no dash. It dosn't seem to have extra recovery. I don't like it's input. I'd say in another game it would be good for OKI but it's really hard to get a hard knockdown in this game; I couldn't seem to set up a situation where I could cross them up with short hop, because they'd recover too soon. Actually maybe this is just from Yukiko, since I only played her today, but even the hardest knockdowns seemed to be techable after just a second or so.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

darealkooky posted:

I never thought I'd get :smug: about execution in fighting games, but no DP inputs at all?

Nope. Somewhat worried about how good the game is going to be if they're going to dumb down inputs that much. I'm not going to compare it to Smash Bros. or anything, but even MK has DP inputs in it :psyduck:

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

If you want difficult inputs don't worry all the variations on double buttons and triple buttons are much more difficult and annyoing than a DP. I'm not sure how they plan to map this to like, a ps3 pad... I guess all the double buttons can be shoulders and triggers, but what about the triple buttons? I'm gonna laugh if they default map those to l3/r3. people will be one more cancelling the poo poo out of everything if they use analog.

For the guy who wanted to know about Mitsu I played her a little more; her normals are REALLY good I gotta say but I could not find a good way to confirm into a knockdown at all from a poke. I still kinda like her... her D persona attacks have super range but REALLY specific small hitboxes. Her Charm spell is kinda cool. It homes in slowly and if it hits (unblockable I think) the enemy SP gets drained into yours, pretty fast. Her supers are good too, good damage, I think the Ice super is fully invincible.

Her standing C is total rear end. It seemed like I couldn't cancel it and it had so much recovery that I was getting hit and comboed after I Hit someone with it for gods sake. I felt like blanka. Maybe It can be super cancelled I hope, I'm gonna try. otherwise ??? is all I have to say about such a bad normal.

She is pretty good even when her persona is broken though because she has good specials and a good super and normals without her persona. Its good for her because her persona sticks out a lot and gets broken easily.

Who should I play tomorrow? I like yukiko but I'm kinda sick of losing alot so I'm gonna change tomorrow a little. I got a 5 win streak with yukiko but she just does no damage... and her projectiles aren't even that great. I want a RUN, RUN super for her or something. However if you can charge her unblockable buff she becomes scarier IF your opponent gets a little fear. Denjin firedoken. I still can't tell what powering her flame boost level does. If it's damage increase it's not really that much. Flame boost can charge past level 6 though. I got up to 7 in one match but I don't like it because I don't know what it does and to get a safe charge I invariably have to give up damage in a combo or risk eating a fullscreen something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you can handle a little grappler action in your life, I'd love to see a writeup on Kanji. I think I can get the jist of his stuff by watching streams, but a writeup is always appreciated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The character selection is pretty small, what are the chances that the console versions are going to be packed with DLC characters?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Is this Persona Hokuto No Ken?

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

I said come in! posted:

The character selection is pretty small, what are the chances that the console versions are going to be packed with DLC characters?

Yea... somehow despite it being only 1 less character than BB:CT (11 vs. 12).. it somehow feels like a tiny roster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Yea... somehow despite it being only 1 less character than BB:CT (11 vs. 12).. it somehow feels like a tiny roster.

There are a lot more characters from even Persona 3 that they could put in here. I'm really surprised that the other main characters from that game aren't in already. I know the main title is PERSONA 4, but I would do a :neckbeard: for the persona 3 characters as DLC.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The game's been out for about two days now, and I'm already sick of people whining about how Naoto is broken as poo poo. Even as someone who's notorious for having little patience for putting up with zoning, I've yet to see anything worrysome from her that can't be avoided by just paying a modicum of attention.

Apparently IKs have gone from 'impractical nonsense' to 'overpowered horseshit' in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Naoto? Haha. Naoto seems good but she ain't no testament. She can do some funny things by spacing out the shots in her bullet chain but some characters can just ignore Naoto's long range zoning. Mitsu can nail him with downward air D freeze, Yukiko can just heal cause shes projectile immune, robot girl can probably use her bullet spray or missle thing. I guess Kanji probably hates naotos zoning? But I can't think any other characters would have huge trouble.

The IKs are cool but, I mean, you have 14 skulls so by them time you can land it in a match your opponent is probably at 40-30% anyway, so they're no worse than kanji's super grab. At least right now. Time will tell if someone can create like 5 skull taking combos or something into IK. But ASW coded 'hard' limits for taking HnK stars in a combo, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hard limit on skulls in one combo too.

BTW I'm just theoryshitting right now. It's not like Ive gotten the chance to watch matchups of everyone vs everyone or something, or even lots of the characters I've been playing.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

On top of that, you seem to get back half the skulls you were missing each round anyway.

Not entirely sure what that 100SP super is doing so far. It seems to just setup a bunch of crosshairs and if you happen to be in one for too long you die? But the crosshairs form a really simple pattern, and it has about 3 seconds of startup. Looks kind of awkward to punish though, Naoto doesn't have a collision box or anything.

She will probably annoy people a lot until they learn how to move and not eat random bullets.

Also, keep in mind that unlike HnK, this game has Burst, so you will have an extra tool to escape IK combos.

I'm trying to figure out if there are any rules as to how many skulls things deal, like there were in HnK.

Something else odd I noticed, chip damage acts as blue life in this game.

It's kind of hard to tell from the video but throws actually look like they have pretty fast startup. That may actually just be that they work well off of dashes though, sort of reminds me of Melty Blood. The break time looks pretty long still, but considering you get combos off a number of them, doesn't seem that bad.

Also an extra thing about One More Cancel: You can use it for 50 SP, but you can ALSO use your Burst meter to do it too if you don't have enough SP.

On the subject of Burst, the recharge time is REALLY long. I saw Chie use a One More Cancel and it took 60 seconds to recharge. Red Burst seems to take about 45 seconds?

Gold Burst, appears to be similar to GG in that if you connect with it successfully, you get 1/4 or so of it refilled. So it appears to take about 45 seconds if it does connect, 60 seconds if it doesn't.

These numbers may not be right at all though, as Burst recharge time might be based on other factors, like in GG where there are like 6 different things that effect it.

Negative Penalty is back! :I

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 2, 2012

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus USA are doing "everything possible" to keep the full English VA cast list from P3 and 4 for P4: Arena

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Atlus USA are doing "everything possible" to keep the full English VA cast list from P3 and 4 for P4: Arena

I love you, Atlus.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I played Kanji some today! And Naoto, but I still can't beat the best player at my arcade. He's blowing away everyone with Mitsu. She has really easy Dictator style pressure and great screen control normals and some nice combos. Also her dash throw is good and in corner she gets a little combo.

I cant figure out the input or conditions for an instant kill.

Kanji: Really weird feel. He seems like he can't really get in at will versus some characters. EX falling grab, B chair slam are both ok gimmicks but easy to beat if you're watching for them. I thought EX chair slam was supposed to have extra armor or something but it usually got beat if I tried it. Against some characters his jump cancelable a.B is really fuckin good, but characters who have excellent horizontal air moves can beat him (Naoto, Mitsu). Lightning is ok but again its a rare only thing or it gets punished. Stand C is too slow. Crouch C has some potential midrange. It's kind of like Potemkin's crouch S. His A attacks are reaaal slow startup. Missing Potemkins jab. They lose to most stuff. stand B is weird.. it's not really an attack. It's like a weird tick for his special grab. Crouch B is a great AA/Anti crossup BUT again the startup is slow. Air A, C, D seem just kind of hummm.

If they are nearby, the light chair slam gets you in sometimes. On the other hand as well, his mixup is good- off of almost everything he does he gets that free jump right to the opponent from his followup attack. His fake dragon punch is quite good. It also paralyzes opponents. Paralyzed people LOVE dragon punching so I usually get close then punish with another grab. He has nice combos off of his normals if you can get in with an air B.

Naoto: The gun is actually really nice, especially if you have a trap or two laid. You can shoot, wait, shoot a different way, roll backwards and reload. It's fun. Also Naoto has fast normals and they feel good and work well; one of the only characters who I felt her normals could battle Mitsus. Kind of an rear end DP because of long recovery. Silence is a totally retarded good status against some characters and not so useful vs others. But you get it for free off of her A A A A A A A A A A combo. I couldn't find a combo into instant kill, the supers are both kind of rear end but I guess there is probably a combo into mudoon beam. Her traps feel pretty good but I think that's because people are being stupid.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Instant Kill conditions are match point, and 100 SP. Naoto, Aegis and Kanji all seem to have them, maybe the whole cast does? Don't know any of the inputs for them though. Tried something dumb like 236236A+B+C+D ?

You can definitely combo into the Mudoon beam pretty easy. Hama I don't know about, but it looks like a super that you can use really well as oki or pressure in general, since it holds them in place for a long time. So do Hama, then a mixup while they are blocking.

The traps look really threatening at first but so it seems you can beat them by just hitting them. Mitsuru in specific can stuff those ground traps really easy with her fast low jab. Much like testament though, you can do really silly things like setup traps, throw them into them, then continue a combo off of them. I've seen 5 skull combos like this, maybe if you end with that super or gunshots you could get more?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Atlus is awesome like that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Policenaut posted:

Can we still get rid of Lowenthal, please? I know the guy's pretty much assured given he works for peanuts, but I hate his voice and everything having to do with his voice-acting.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Can we still get rid of Lowenthal, please? I know the guy's pretty much assured given he works for peanuts, but I hate his voice and everything having to do with his voice-acting.

Nope. Out of all the voice actors they could get back, Lowenthal will be the most likely. :cawg:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Maybe it's just my imagination that this is any worse than BB but why can't these characters stop loving talking kg;hlll;;;;

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.

Mio Bison posted:

Maybe it's just my imagination that this is any worse than BB but why can't these characters stop loving talking kg;hlll;;;;

It has to be your imagination, a Rachel mirror has six characters talking at the same time.

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Death Cube K posted:

It has to be your imagination, a Rachel mirror has six characters talking at the same time.

Rachel, Nago, and Gii don't speak over each other that much. In this game, Rise's speaking over everyone with her "insight" and cheering. Which is why it at the very least feels like there's more chatter than in BlazBlue.

I personally don't mind all the in-battle chatter in BB or this, but to each their own.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
so is charlie yu any good? All the games seem to be mitsuru and chie vs kanji and naoto

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

darealkooky posted:

so is charlie yu any good? All the games seem to be mitsuru and chie vs kanji and naoto

This is just me speculating all about Day 1, but Yu seems really nice as a character, as per him having the main character status. He has fireballs, but you're not going to use them much in higher-level play, since I'm thinking people would punish how Izanagi stays out for a good while after he throws Zio. His combos lead to good damage, but I think for the most part, he wants to stay on the ground to get a combo started and then get into the air, as per GG/BB often play anyway.

He's pretty rad, though every character in the game, I'm assuming, are going to be pretty balanced out, so it doesn't matter who's "good", just that everyone's good. Just pick who you're good with and duke it out with your true self.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Forest Thief Pud posted:

I personally don't mind all the in-battle chatter in BB or this, but to each their own.

Apparently there's a pre-battle option for you to decide if you want commentary during the match or not so if people don't want to listen to Rie Kugimiya's classic squeaky voice or potentially Laura Bailey's squeaky voice then there's an option not having to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgGCd8jbo-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtRW3Ke-KgM

• Locked thread