Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Ah. The CVT, although a bit better for MPG, really makes the Versa seem slower than it is. It feels almost like a rubber band when you drive it, and I personally don't like it.

I should mention that mine has a 4 speed automatic. They also offer it in a 6 speed manual which are both more peppy in the get up and go department. Either one will make the Versa come alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apok
Jul 22, 2005
I have a title now!

My car after installing Tokico D-Spec shocks and Hotchkis Stage 1 springs a few weekends ago.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Its snowed maybe twice since the freak storm on Halloween, and it decides to snow on Lead Day. Not going anywhere with these Pirelli tires on. It was freaking 50 out yesterday.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Got her a couple weeks ago. :downs:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Daily driver (with wife)

Project

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 3, 2012

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.
No more RX8.

Got a decent trade in for the rx8 and daily driving something that gets 35mpg instead of 16-18 mpg will help with the fuel bill.

It's fun, not as slow as I thought it would be, navigating parking lots is like playing a video game.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

evilnissan posted:

No more RX8.

Got a decent trade in for the rx8 and daily driving something that gets 35mpg instead of 16-18 mpg will help with the fuel bill.

It's fun, not as slow as I thought it would be, navigating parking lots is like playing a video game.

Shame.jpg

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Hey man, I'd love to own an IQ. It's an awesome ride.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Mazda3

Got it 2 weeks ago.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

evilnissan posted:

No more RX8.

EDIT: Never mind about the MPG. It's best in class. I thought they were supposed to be in the forties though. I must've heard wrong.

It's pretty cool.

dr cum patrol esq fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 4, 2012

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Knight2m posted:

Mazda3

Got it 2 weeks ago.

I dig that front grill. Looks rad.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Posting a Mazda is bad luck in AI though :ohdear:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Billy Tully posted:

Why's that?

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Billy Tully posted:

Bad luck would have been the two weeks prior to me getting that car, when both my other cars were in the shop, one of which never made it back, hence the new ride.

But I don't believe in luck.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
http://imgur.com/a/6MEeW

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

awesome-express posted:

Hey man, I'd love to own an IQ. It's an awesome ride.

But from an RX8, that's gotta hurt quite a bit unless you just don't care that much about "fun" driving.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

hunter x az posted:

Why's that?

The curse man, it might already be too late.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
I run a 1983 Jeep CJ-7. It was my grandfather's, given to my father. He doesn't use it much so I got it registered and proceeded to use it as a daily driver/weekend warrior wheeler. I plan on buying a Cherokee this summer so as not to beat the poo poo out of it too hard, but it's infinitely more capable than I was expecting.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

evilnissan posted:

No more RX8.

Cool ride, and I like the steelies on it. Haven't seen too many of those on the road, they look pretty neat.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Billy Tully posted:

The curse man, it might already be too late.

I backed the 8 into a parking sign yesterday leaving a 1cm scratch.

The curse claims another victim!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Am I cursed...? :ohdear:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The Mazda curse is real

evilnissan
Apr 18, 2007

I'm comin home.

Das Volk posted:

But from an RX8, that's gotta hurt quite a bit unless you just don't care that much about "fun" driving.

It is a day and night difference, I am going to miss 3k to 9k 3rd gear pulls on interstate ramps and out through the twisty back roads and the most awesome brakes that I have ever had.

But, its time to grow up and make some changes for a while. I still have a motorcycle for fun and that old chevy truck hauling and doing work out in the woods.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

AdmiralViscen posted:

Daily driver (with wife)

We were just having a discussion about high belt lines in the new car thread and this picture illustrates that perfectly. For reference how tall is she?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

5 foot 3. The seat w oriented for me though, and I lower it as close to the floor pan as possible. It can lift up much higher for someone of her height.

I was the guy in that thread who was not troubled by the trend, at least for the old 300. The camaro is much more cramped inside with worse visibility. The new 300 is more open.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Needed a beater until this summer. Picked this up for $400.

'97 Cavalier Z24, 160k miles. Has 10k miles on a 2.4 from another Z24 that had 50k miles on it. Previous owner put in a set of cams from an earlier Quad4. Mechanically it's absolutely mint. There's little to no rust and someone saw fit at some point to install a Quaife LSD in it as well as an aluminum flywheel and decent clutch. It also has aftermarket sway bars and poly engine/tranny mounts.

The exterior needs a bit of love, it has a hilariously faded and beat up carbon fiber hood and terrible autozone wheels. Some branches fell on it during the storm we had in October in New England so it has a couple dents in some spots, but I'm not going to complain for what I paid.

All in all it's amazingly fun for what it is and I might spend a little bit of money touching it up and drive it until it dies. I never thought I'd enjoy a J-body out of all things.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 6, 2012

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

opengl128 posted:

The Mazda curse is real

My brother bought an RX8 a few years back, made a post about it and that day some old guy backed into it at the grocery store. I will never post pictures of my MX-5 for that very reason.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Snapped a quick shot of my s2000 next to my co-worker's '03 C5 with 8,xxx miles on it. He only drives it to work when there's a 110% chance of no rain.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Noise Complaint posted:

Needed a beater until this summer. Picked this up for $400.

'97 Cavalier Z24, 160k miles. Has 10k miles on a 2.4 from another Z24 that had 50k miles on it. Previous owner put in a set of cams from an earlier Quad4. Mechanically it's absolutely mint. There's little to no rust and someone saw fit at some point to install a Quaife LSD in it as well as an aluminum flywheel and decent clutch. It also has aftermarket sway bars and poly engine/tranny mounts.

The exterior needs a bit of love, it has a hilariously faded and beat up carbon fiber hood and terrible autozone wheels. Some branches fell on it during the storm we had in October in New England so it has a couple dents in some spots, but I'm not going to complain for what I paid.

All in all it's amazingly fun for what it is and I might spend a little bit of money touching it up and drive it until it dies. I never thought I'd enjoy a J-body out of all things.

God drat. That's a steal for 4 bills. I'm not a J Body fan in the slightest but I would have bought it too.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

I posted this pic in my own thread, figured I'd put it here too.

Havent gotten any proper pictures of it yet though.

nattrass
Feb 2, 2009
1995 Celica GT-Four jap import. 300bhp, volk te37's. Goes pretty well, wank tyres though (avon zz1, NEVER buy these tyres). Original skirts, TRD front and rear spats.

nattrass fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 6, 2012

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Paul Boz_ posted:

Snapped a quick shot of my s2000 next to my co-worker's '03 C5 with 8,xxx miles on it. He only drives it to work when there's a 110% chance of no rain.

Well if we're doing our cars next to our boss's here's mine on the left, his on right:

Edit: both automatics :P

davebo fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 6, 2012

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

D C posted:

I posted this pic in my own thread, figured I'd put it here too.

Havent gotten any proper pictures of it yet though.

S5 is a drat fine car.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Noise Complaint posted:

All in all it's amazingly fun for what it is and I might spend a little bit of money touching it up and drive it until it dies.

It might never die. I just got rid of a 2004 cavalier that had 175k miles on it and the only thing I ever had to replace that wasn't standard maintenance was the clutch cable(twice). (clutch would stick to the floor and there'd be no hydraulic pressure to return it to its static position)

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
hokey well it's upgrade time for my Z.

this is my car:

It's time for it to make more power. It's making about 390whp or so currently, which I find isn't enough. I'm looking to add more power, and I'm torn. I really want 600whp or so, but I feel that may destroy how fun the car is to drive, and make it less fun-fast and more frightening-fast. Also the required turbos to do such a thing may spool later than I want, whereas if I aim lower, I can use something somewhat smaller. What do other people think? Should I aim lower? 500 or 550 to the wheels? What would YOU do?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Drag times? Auto or manual?

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Ziploc posted:

Manual, and honestly I don't go to the quarter mile strip anymore, it's currently somewhere in the 12s. That being said when I do this I'll probably throw a set of DRs on another set of wheels and hop on over to see what I can do. It's been at it's current power level for a few years and I find it more than manageable, I'm sure the car can do with more power and still be fun, but how much more I guess is the root of my question

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Ziploc posted:

I don't ever get why someone who wants a fast car would buy an auto. What a terrific waste of a fun/sporty car.

And at 400whp you're only doing 12s? Lame.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

hunter x az posted:

And at 400whp you're only doing 12s? Lame.

It's not exactly a CRX sizewise you know. also if you want to get technical about it autos are far superior for quarter mile runs, but this car is for enjoying driving around the street, so manual it was (and is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

hunter x az posted:

This is disturbing. :ohdear: