Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Kevin Bacon posted:

Looks like the new Spawn of Posession album has leaked.

I love this band, been waiting for this album FOREVER. This poo poo puts all that other wanky lame rear end tech death to SHAME. SHAME I SAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Also Quo Vadis from Quebec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88H8B7amYM&feature=related

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.

QPZIL posted:

Another track off the new Sigh album!!! :aaa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSvEAqiSTY&noredirect=1

In my opinion, not as good as the others, but just as weird.

I picked this up at my local on blood red vinyl yesterday.

It ownnnnnnnns

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Can't talk about Canada without mentioning Beyond Creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzAnRLfZOY&hd=1

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

primitive posted:

I picked this up at my local on blood red vinyl yesterday.

It ownnnnnnnns

Who released it on vinyl? I didn't see anything about it on the Candlelight Records website.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Kevin Bacon posted:

Can't talk about Canada without mentioning Beyond Creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzAnRLfZOY&hd=1

Holy poo poo, buying this album now.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

Monkeytime posted:

Who released it on vinyl? I didn't see anything about it on the Candlelight Records website.

It's out on Back on Black.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

QPZIL posted:

It's out on Back on Black.

Weird, I thought they only did reissues. Although now I see they did the latest Absu record as well.

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
I'm listening to a couple of Sigh songs on youtube, and how the poo poo has this band not been run out of the proverbial town on a proverbial rail? It's just boring generic hard rock riffs with everything but the kitchen sink piled on top instead of any effort to build good music. It sounds like the musical equivalent of Hoarders. :argh:

Also, any Canada chat that doesn't involve Neuraxis or Into Oblivion is no Canada chat at all.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vargatron posted:

Holy poo poo, buying this album now.

This album probably has the coolest bass I have heard on any metal album ever.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Trees and Squids posted:

This album probably has the coolest bass I have heard on any metal album ever.
Guy's a monster, been in both Augury and Quo Vadis.

For those who like the style of music with fretless also check out Obscura as well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everyone should check out GIANT SQUID.

Really amazing proggy stuff.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

Vintersorg posted:

They put out some incredibly rad stuff. I JUST got into them about the last month or so since I'm catching up on all the music I've forgotten to look in to, which is a lot. On that note, does anybody know where I can find anything similar to Crotchduster? I've been playing their only release NONSTOP for about a week since I found them (or him?), and I'm fiending for whatever this comedy / avant-garde / ??? metal this is.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

NarkyBark posted:

Guy's a monster, been in both Augury and Quo Vadis.

For those who like the style of music with fretless also check out Obscura as well.

There was a studio video of the bass player recording one of the songs from Beyond Creation and holy poo poo is he good. He blows DiGiorgio out of the water.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Vintersorg posted:

I really liked Metridium Fields but whatever the new one was called...can't stand it. I read they had some lineup changes between albums and I'm hoping the new one was just them getting used to each other...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Morbid Florist posted:

I really liked Metridium Fields but whatever the new one was called...can't stand it. I read they had some lineup changes between albums and I'm hoping the new one was just them getting used to each other...

That would be the video above from the EP "Cenotes", it was the first thing I heard and liked it a lot. A friend of mine is going to see them soon ... not sure if it was in NYC or SF, one of those. Metridium Fields is loving great from what I heard on YouTube.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Vintersorg posted:

That would be the video above from the EP "Cenotes", it was the first thing I heard and liked it a lot. A friend of mine is going to see them soon ... not sure if it was in NYC or SF, one of those. Metridium Fields is loving great from what I heard on YouTube.

Oh I had no idea they've got two since Metridium. The one I was thinking of and didn't like is The Ichthyologist from a few years back. I'm gonna listen to this new guy now with my fingers crossed

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Feast of Burden posted:

On that note, does anybody know where I can find anything similar to Crotchduster? I've been playing their only release NONSTOP for about a week since I found them (or him?), and I'm fiending for whatever this comedy / avant-garde / ??? metal this is.

There's not a whole lot of avant-garde comedy metal to be found, but you could definitely do worse than Carnival in Coal.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Vargatron posted:

There was a studio video of the bass player recording one of the songs from Beyond Creation and holy poo poo is he good. He blows DiGiorgio out of the water.

I don't think this video is the one you're talking about but it still owns bones.

6 string fretless :allears:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Another track from the new Anathema album is streamable here. It's not really metal in any way but it's pretty good. The vibe is still similar to We're Here but I'd say it's got a slight Silent Enigma feel to it too.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

I don't think this video is the one you're talking about but it still owns bones.

6 string fretless :allears:

Actually, that's the one I was referring to! This guy has really impressed me.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The new Spawn of Possession album is the most beautiful brutal thing I've heard in a while. Everything is on point, the guitars are crisp, the drums are triggered but they don't sound like a Krisiun off-shot, PINCH HARMONICS UP THE rear end.

Get it.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Weaponized Cum posted:

The new Spawn of Possession album is the most beautiful brutal thing I've heard in a while. Everything is on point, the guitars are crisp, the drums are triggered but they don't sound like a Krisiun off-shot, PINCH HARMONICS UP THE rear end.

Get it.

Yes. This album shits on all the hyper brutal tech death that was recently all the rage. So good. I've been waiting for this album for years and it definitely didn't disappoint.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Wow new SoP is good, thanks for the heads up totally forgot about this coming out

:psyboom:

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Get it.

Holy gently caress. This is fuckin sick.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

Weaponized Cum posted:

Get it.

God drat, this album :shepface:

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
Speaking of BRUTALITY, the new Asphyx is out there. It's definitely got all the Martin Van Drunen THIS IS BRUTAL DEATH METAL YOU FUCKERS, but like half of the good songwriting of Death... The Brutal Way. Pretty boring album, but it'll make good gym/background noise music.

futile
May 18, 2009

Weaponized Cum posted:

Get it.
Holy poo poo that is good. I would have missed this. Thanks.

Leopold N. Loeb
Apr 26, 2010

by XyloJW

RHTITE posted:

I'm listening to a couple of Sigh songs on youtube, and how the poo poo has this band not been run out of the proverbial town on a proverbial rail? It's just boring generic hard rock riffs with everything but the kitchen sink piled on top instead of any effort to build good music. It sounds like the musical equivalent of Hoarders. :argh:

Also, any Canada chat that doesn't involve Neuraxis or Into Oblivion is no Canada chat at all.

Yeah, Sigh is pretty hit or miss(mainly miss). Speaking of Japanese metal, I've had Transgressor's "Recollected Limbs" collection on pretty heavy rotation for the last week or so.....

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Feast of Burden posted:

They put out some incredibly rad stuff. I JUST got into them about the last month or so since I'm catching up on all the music I've forgotten to look in to, which is a lot. On that note, does anybody know where I can find anything similar to Crotchduster? I've been playing their only release NONSTOP for about a week since I found them (or him?), and I'm fiending for whatever this comedy / avant-garde / ??? metal this is.

Seconding the Carnival in Coal recommendation from above. You might also want to check out Dog Fashion Disco for some similar avant-garde "comedy" metal.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but OSI are loving cool as poo poo and a song off their new album is online for streaming. It's heavier than their older stuff I think so maybe it fits here?

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Just have to drop in and say that between the new Aborted, Asphyx, Spawn of Possession and being turned on to Beyond Creation and Augury, this has been a hell of a few weeks for death metal. Thank you to whoever brought up Beyond Creation and similar bands!

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp

Stoat posted:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread but OSI are loving cool as poo poo and a song off their new album is online for streaming. It's heavier than their older stuff I think so maybe it fits here?

Oh this is awesome. Thanks for the link. I've been waiting and waiting for a full song to be released. Not disappointed at all.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Houseplant posted:

Just have to drop in and say that between the new Aborted, Asphyx, Spawn of Possession and being turned on to Beyond Creation and Augury, this has been a hell of a few weeks for death metal. Thank you to whoever brought up Beyond Creation and similar bands!

The gently caress!? The new Aborted is out already? Why weren't I notified of this. gently caress!

Edit: It was released in loving January? How could I have missed it so completely...

goatse.cx haver fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 7, 2012

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Speaking of Japanese bands that aren't Sigh and Sabbat, did anyone ever get into Intestine Baalism? Their name just came into my head for the first time in 10 years or so.

Maybe Spawn of Possession fans will dig this? (don't know if this fits the bill)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKcTK7lcMI8

Song gets better as it progresses.

Also, the new Pharaoh album is pretty sweet, check it out.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 7, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RHTITE posted:

Which songs? They kind of jump between completely traditional black metal, weird black metal, power metal and thrash

Edit: Oh right, popped into the thread to ask if anyone has seen this list Gawker is compiling of Metal opinions of the 2012 presidential race

http://gawker.com/5885449/the-big-running-list-of-2012-metal-endorsements

Agalloch:

quote:

Here's his statement in full:

I support the dismantling of all systems.

Gwar:

quote:

They all suck so bad that I cannot begin to do anything other than reject everything they stand for, and can endorse no party or candidate so much as I heartily cry for their destruction, lust for them to be tasked and scourged with fire and whips, and yearn to see great clouds of insects set upon their genitals, and feast upon their diseased and dripping dick slits and big rotten pussies.

The Agalloch one is hilarious, it's the exact same "Does he know what he sounds like" I expect from them at all times

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 7, 2012

futile
May 18, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Edit: Oh right, popped into the thread to ask if anyone has seen this list Gawker is compiling of Metal opinions of the 2012 presidential race

http://gawker.com/5885449/the-big-running-list-of-2012-metal-endorsements
Well I have now. A decent laugh from Gwar and Agalloch and maybe a tear at the Mustaine thing. Then I noticed the image at the top. Love it.

Also god drat. All of these Canadian metal recommendations have made me come to realize that the vast majority of my favorite metal bands/albums are a product of French Canadians. I apologize for any past negativity towards French Canadians in my life and will from now on stand up for your good name. Keep it coming.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

futile posted:

Also god drat. All of these Canadian metal recommendations have made me come to realize that the vast majority of my favorite metal bands/albums are a product of French Canadians. I apologize for any past negativity towards French Canadians in my life and will from now on stand up for your good name. Keep it coming.

I would make no such claim. It's going to take a whole hell of a lot of metal to make up for infecting the rest of the world with likes of Nickleback.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

Optimum Gulps posted:

There's not a whole lot of avant-garde comedy metal to be found, but you could definitely do worse than Carnival in Coal.

Mammal Sauce posted:

Seconding the Carnival in Coal recommendation from above. You might also want to check out Dog Fashion Disco for some similar avant-garde "comedy" metal.

Already checking out Carnival in Coal, and it seems to be right up my alley. I'll give Dog Fashion Disco a go soon enough as well. Many thanks for the recs! I honestly wish there was more Crotchduster to go around, though :( Can't say I've gotten enough of what they've put out, and since it's been awhile, I hope this wasn't just a gimmick (but it most certainly is). I would throw so much loving money at these guys for a follow-up album, hell they should think about opening a kickstarter if funds are an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Which songs? They kind of jump between completely traditional black metal, weird black metal, power metal and thrash

I assume they were songs from the new album. I just clicked on a couple songs that had the same album cover still for the video. They all pretty much sounded the same so I had to bail out fairly quickly.