Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lucifa posted:

Link? Or just the code?

741.E6G.P97.F86.FDD.A4L.IN7.171.C96.BI1.6G4.177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
They changed the default appearance of female Shepard, right? What happens if you import your own default female Shepard from the last game? I always go with default for male or female, because anything else looks "off."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

paint dry posted:

They changed the default appearance of female Shepard, right? What happens if you import your own default female Shepard from the last game? I always go with default for male or female, because anything else looks "off."

The default Female Shepard from the last game is one of the presets, I'm pretty sure.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

The default Female Shepard from the last game is one of the presets, I'm pretty sure.

Oh, well that's fine.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 6, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

paint dry posted:

Oh well, that's fine.

I believe it's the first one.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dolphin Fetus posted:

What heavy weapon did you take and what party? I feel like insanity would be a good deal easier if your party AI wasn't so god awful. On lower difficulties its never really an issue since stuff dies so fast but on insanity where each fire fight is a long drawn out affair you REALLY need your shield strippers and crowd control that doesn't share your own cooldowns.

I used the collector one you get during the mission, but I only used it to speed up the process as I usually forget I even have one. Stripping the shields without it was easy enough, it was just slow work as a vanguard.

I brought Miranda for warp and Mordin for incinerate, only the collectors and the boss have barriers or shields and I dealt with the regular collectors personally with charge/shotgun.

Both of the party members went down a couple of times during the collector waves and on the scions, but they were smart enough to move away from the boss. When I have to redo it I might consider taking out one of the scions with the heavy weapon.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 6, 2012

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lemon King posted:

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/mass-effect-3-giveaway
M-90 Indra Sniper Rifle Giveaway - only 4.8k left, snagged one myself.
Single Player Only

Thanks, got one. Down to 3500

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait till the majority of goons get to the EDI and Joker romance parts. Goddamn it did i nearly lose it at how awful their dialogue is. Obviously I'm not that far into it but Jesus Christ was it unnatural and fan service-y. And as the other posters said, so much "tsundereee uguuu give me love advice shepard."

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I spent half an hour trying to make my face better and gave up and loaded the thing it gave me as an ME2 import and turns out that was fine. :v:

Really impressed with the game so far. Not blown away, but it's a lot more solid than I would have imagined. The squad AI is downright amazing.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

I can't wait till the majority of goons get to the EDI and Joker romance parts. Goddamn it did i nearly lose it at how awful their dialogue is. Obviously I'm not that far into it but Jesus Christ was it unnatural and fan service-y. And as the other posters said, so much "tsundereee uguuu give me love advice shepard."

The part that killed it for me was the new 'Kelly' when she started going on about ohh yeah EDI your voice is really hot.. Goddammit bioware you couldn't help yourself could you?

My favourite mission so far has been picking picking Jack up, her character is a lot more likeable now as well

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

fivegears4reverse posted:

Just got back from a release party that ended up at an IHOP in Folsom, California. I am SO loving HAPPY THE GAME IS FINALLY OUT. My own part in the whole affair is officially over, and I can now talk more freely about it.

For what it's worth, I apologize for my own contribution to overall snark and general unpleasantness regarding ME3. Having worked on the official strategy guide since December has been pure stress, for one. For another, I actually DO like the game, and even if I'd never been picked to help write for the guide, my opinion regarding it would not change. I was never paid to like it or defend it. Just another fanboy here.

I am really convinced that much of the game works a lot better given context with actual gameplay. In a lot of ways, I envy people who went in blind, there's a number of callbacks that will mean more to people if they're surprised by them, in my estimation.

So whats all this about an NG+ ending then, if you are the man to ask?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

bloodychill posted:

Man, was there some campaign organized somewhere to spread massive hate of this game? SA is cool as usual about it but on just about every more public forum and rating system, the game has gotten thousands of 0/10 reviews by users in the last four hours.
It's typical for any major new release. Same thing happened with Portal 2, Skyrim, etc. There's some collective group of people who review-bomb AAA games the second they are able to.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

kuddles posted:

It's typical for any major new release. Same thing happened with Portal 2, Skyrim, etc. There's some collective group of people who review-bomb AAA games the second they are able to.

Yes. Those people are called Reddit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Awesome, just grabbed my Indra. I wonder how many other weapons will be promo-only. :allears:

At least we don't have to buy a crapload of soda this time.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
THE loving GUY GOT HIS loving REFUND AND IT WAS FIFTEEN CREDITS

Game of the loving Year

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nucular Carmul posted:

THE loving GUY GOT HIS loving REFUND AND IT WAS FIFTEEN CREDITS

Game of the loving Year

All my doubts about this game are being washed away...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I hopefully have some time to start playing the game tonight, but I am glad it isn't an objectively bad game after all from what I hear.
Bioware is far from perfect, specially nowadays, but the extreme hate they have recieved over the last few months was just insane.

Some Jerk
May 6, 2010
Played the game for a few hours, it's pretty cool.

Also gently caress all you Vanguards, I'm an Adept spamming aoe lift and aoe throw. Cerberus bros are literally flying all over the screen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Does any of the ME2 DLC have significant impact on ME3, or can I just watch the cutscenes on Youtube?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Argue posted:

Does any of the ME2 DLC have significant impact on ME3, or can I just watch the cutscenes on Youtube?

Lair of the Shadow Broker does.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can see they addressed how overpowered the Shuriken was by nerfing the ever-loving gently caress out of it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Argue posted:

Hard to tell. Probably not, but it is referenced all over the place. Also Kasumi's swank casual wear is in the game, not sure if it only comes through on import.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
I've been on the Citadel for at least an hour. They're definitely delivered on the promise of making it bigger and more important.

dmccaff
Nov 8, 2010
Going into this completely blind on Friday. Mass Effect is by far my favourite game series.
Anyone in UK/Ireland ordered from shopto.net? My order has been on 'Waiting to be imported' for days now, whatever that means. It better be here on Friday :arghfist:

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
I should really stop coming into this thread since i live in Australia and the game wont unlock on Origin till midnight tomorrow but i can't help it.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Argue posted:

Lair of the Shadow Broker gives some back story to one of your squadmates and Arrival explains why the gently caress you've been stuck on Earth for 1/2 a year under house arrest.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I see. Gameplay-wise, though, do I lose out on missions/endings/characters? Or will Kasumi & co. turn up anyway with no penalty to me?

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Am I supposed to have the pre-order bonus weapons and armor at the start of the game or do I need to find them along the way? Because if I should have them right away then something is screwed up here. Only the KoA:R demo stuff is showing up. Is it because I wasn't supposed to unlock the game before friday?

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?

dmccaff posted:

Going into this completely blind on Friday. Mass Effect is by far my favourite game series.
Anyone in UK/Ireland ordered from shopto.net? My order has been on 'Waiting to be imported' for days now, whatever that means. It better be here on Friday :arghfist:

I'm in the UK, and I ordered from Shopto. Mine still hasn't been processed yet. :(

I used the 24-hour shipping because I have to be out early Friday morning, and I was kind of hoping to get it sometime on Thursday so I could avoid missing the courier.

We'll see, I guess.

Lucifa
Feb 9, 2005

Legion of One posted:

I should really stop coming into this thread since i live in Australia and the game wont unlock on Origin till midnight tomorrow but i can't help it.

You could use a proxy to unlock it!

Check my posts.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Senjuro posted:

Am I supposed to have the pre-order bonus weapons and armor at the start of the game or do I need to find them along the way? Because if I should have them right away then something is screwed up here. Only the KoA:R demo stuff is showing up. Is it because I wasn't supposed to unlock the game before friday?

You get everything by the time you get the Normandy proper. Think the pre-order stuff is all codes you have to enter though.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ok, I'm like 2 hours in and this game is way too loving easy since I imported a level 30 I'm guessing (Hardcore currently). Restarting the game on Insanity for the achievement I guess.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

kater posted:

You get everything by the time you get the Normandy proper. Think the pre-order stuff is all codes you have to enter though.

Do you get the codes by email? I guess they'll only send them out on Friday if that's the case.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Awesome. Check out the new bar on the Citadel:

Aria is back! :D Still voiced by Carrie-Anne Moss

Macinirol
Sep 27, 2011

Senjuro posted:

Do you get the codes by email? I guess they'll only send them out on Friday if that's the case.

Yeah I used a proxy, but I had to wait for my 'real' unlock time to get the codes by email.

halwain
May 31, 2011
So to anyone who has played the DLC and with the DLC Squadmate. How important/interesting is it?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ShineDog posted:

So whats all this about an NG+ ending then, if you are the man to ask?

As far as I know, there's supposed to be something, but I concentrated almost entirely on multiplayer and 'side missions' (stuff that doesn't move the plot forward, N7 missions, the 'timed' missions). I didn't get to see every ending, nor did I get to see all of the various factors that lead into the different content throughout the game, and neither did the other author who worked on the primary campaign walkthrough. We basically were given a chart that is relatively spoiler free that tells us what readiness levels and total military strength numbers lead to a 'different' ending.

Endings were, in truth, one of the last things to really get finalized with regards to the primary walkthrough portion of the guide. Someone from Bioware might eventually shed some light as to how in-flux endings were.

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?
Oh God.

SERIOUS ENDING SPOILERS:

I just watched the Control ending, and it is loving horrible. Shepard gets vaporised, and it's drawn out and graphic. His face melts. That was awful.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

halwain posted:

So to anyone who has played the DLC and with the DLC Squadmate. How important/interesting is it?

I like him a lot, but he isn't really important in the grand scheme. Nor do you get some major insights into the lore. We already knew the Protheans were Imperialistic. Now we hear first-hand how much of a dick they were to less powerful races. And with how much disdain they looked onto Humans, Asari, Salarians, Krogans... the primitive tribal cultures of their time). Javik is a soldier, born after the Reapers started to devastate the Empire, and as such has not much to tell about politics, society or science of the Protheans, much to Liara's dismay. The DLC gives you 50 (and I guess 100 if you do the second mission) points to your Readiness score though.
He definitely has some great lines regarding a lot of things. Also, perfect fit for any Renegade Shepard.

Decius fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Decius posted:

I like him a lot, but he isn't really important in the grand scheme. Nor do you get some major insights into the lore. We already knew the Protheans were Imperialistic. Now we hear first-hand how much of a dick they were to less powerful races. And with how much disdain they looked onto Humans, Asari, Salarians, Krogans... the primitive tribal cultures of their time). Javik is a soldier, born after the Reapers started to devastate the Empire, and as such has not much to tell about politics, society or science of the Protheans, much to Liara's dismay. The DLC gives you 50 (and I guess 100 if you do the second mission) points to your Readiness score though.
He definitely has some great lines regarding a lot of things. Also, perfect fit for any Renegade Shepard.

Does he explain why the Prothean statues in 1 look nothing like he does and he looks so much more like a Collector than what Protheans were thought to look like?

• Locked thread