Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

Its not really a 6 speed like a modern 6 speed, its a super low extra first gear and a normal 5 speed.

It's a honda civic from back when they were tiny, it's a wagon, and it's 4WD. Having a crawler gear in this situation is like a million times more awesome than having a longer overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ge.hale
Feb 1, 2006
I was casually looking through CL today and I came across this little gem.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2880556108.html

:stare: Why..?

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!
I'm thinking carpool lane.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agreed, but why would he leave it in the pictures?

Then I remember the other things people have accidentally "left" in photos they posted on craigslist and I'm sure the owner is masturbating about what he did AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010
Certainly not the least helpful Craigslist Ad I have ever seen, but it is in the top ten:

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
2005 is less than half of 5500, this seems like a bad deal :colbert:

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Always trolling CL for Italian cars, but the license plate on this one is too loving much...

http://slo.craigslist.org/ctd/2848107218.html

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Holy jesus they really took dash mounted shifter to an extreme. Freakin' Italians.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

That looks like the most awkward car to shift... ever.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
No pictures and high asking price for a blown trans, but I had never heard of an L6 before. I kind of want it.
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/2883802851.html

internet posted:

1987 BMW L-6

This model was only made 1 year
Only 5,803 models were ever produced.

125,000 highway and country miles
Needs transmission, tires & battery

Exterior - Classic Black
Interior - Full Tan leather interior
Great condition on both

$3,000.00 CASH ONLY

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Sadi posted:

No pictures and high asking price for a blown trans, but I had never heard of an L6 before. I kind of want it.
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/2883802851.html

L6 is just a luxury version of that gen 6 series. Automatic transmission only and some other things.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
GUYS! IM ONLY selling this because Im turning an MR2 into a Ferrari for eight grand. Just look at all these overnight parts from Japan!

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 4, 2012

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Wow, that lovely twin-nostril grill makes it look like a last gen Sunfire.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Q_res posted:

Wow, that lovely twin-nostril grill makes it look like a last gen Sunfire.
I think it's more the bumper cover with those swooshes around the foglight holes. Are those tires underinflated or just hyper low profile?

edit: $40 to paint and clearcoat a bumper? I don't think you can even put house paint on it for that.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
20 year old car, no engine or front bumper, $6500. Serious buyers only.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A T-25 on 3L 6 cylinder?! :psyduck:

I also love that DSM throwaway parts get picked up all over the place. :v: What else did the T-25 come on?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ah, it's the old "engine needs one little piece to be working! I have put $10,000 into this but I just want out so I am selling at a loss instead of installing that one little piece and making much more!"

Suuuuure all it needs is a head gasket. Sure.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The best adds are, ALL IT NEEDS IS A KNOCK SENSOR EASY FIX if it's so loving easy why don't you just do it yourself and sell the car with no issues?

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
Am I crazy for thinking even at a full rebuild that isnt a terrible price? Also it has a font bumper from what I gather, just not the aftermarket lip.

T25s came on a bunch of stuff.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Lord Gaga posted:

Am I crazy for thinking even at a full rebuild that isnt a terrible price? Also it has a font bumper from what I gather, just not the aftermarket lip.

T25s came on a bunch of stuff.

I don't think a NA Supra that actually runs is worth that much, so yes you're probably crazy?

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A T-25 on 3L 6 cylinder?! :psyduck:

I also love that DSM throwaway parts get picked up all over the place. :v: What else did the T-25 come on?

Mazdaspeed Protege :v:. Here's my old one:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hammers posted:

Mazdaspeed Protege :v:. Here's my old one:

Wasn't that entire thing just an off the shelf Garrett kit that Mazda threw on and said "welp, good enough"?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah pretty much. When I worked at Mazda the Techs hated them because they were always making GBS threads the bed. Why Mazda stopped putting the BP in proteges boggles my mind to this day, they had the BP in Miatas for how long? No reason not to have used them in Proteges, the FS motors are poo poo in comparison.

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Really I'm not even sure what to say about this, because I feel it's pretty self explanatory.

2009 KIA RIO - SMURFS CAR ! AIR BRUSHED ! AMAZING

Amazing indeed.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Cpaka posted:

Really I'm not even sure what to say about this, because I feel it's pretty self explanatory.

2009 KIA RIO - SMURFS CAR ! AIR BRUSHED ! AMAZING

Amazing indeed.

Good lord there isn't a paper bag big enough to wear over myself if I had to drive that thing around :psyduck:

Well, it's only a Kia Rio though, so I suppose it's not like they really ruined it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
5200 for a 3 year old car? What are those things new? I know Kia isn't known for retaining value but god drat that seems a bit much for downward trending.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Assuming it's an LX with no options and 100,000 miles, that's just under Avg Trade-In according to NADA.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't think a NA Supra that actually runs is worth that much, so yes you're probably crazy?

Pretty sure that's a pretty decent price for a not-super-bent-in-a-wreck MkIV Supra roller. I mean don't the stupid TT/manuals still go for 30k or some nonsense? Pretty sure you'd end up under the curve buying that and sticking a TT engine/6-speed transmission in it (since I bet the stock NA engine is totally hosed in some way, and I dunno I'm pretty sure the NA manual is a 5-speed and not the same unit as the TTs.) Also comes with Volk wheels, if I read right? If the body really does look like those pictures, that's not so bad. Assuming it's not 4 Sockingtons of rust and held together by Bondo and dreams. Honestly though my first impression is if those are indeed pictures of the car, it's not a bad price at all.

I mean I'd never buy it, since for that money I could get the Smurfs car, and come on, what's better than that.

Method Loser fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 7, 2012

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

To calculate the price of a Supra in Australia, you take the base price (for an NA/Auto) of $5000-$10,000 depending on mileage. Add in $5,000 for a manual, add $10,000 for a Twin Turbo. Then you add half of whatever the previous owner 'invested' into it.

Tadaa you have the Australian Supra market. Is it any better in the US?

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
I don't even know what to think :psyduck:

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/2843931225.html

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ordinaire posted:

I don't even know what to think :psyduck:

That it is in fact possible for two (or more) objects to occupy the same space at the same time!

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR EYES OR NOT?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Love that suicide door, also that big loving woofer inches from the drivers head.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That truck is amazing. It is like he had a garage full of crap and decided, hey my truck needs this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Plank posted:

To calculate the price of a Supra in Australia, you take the base price (for an NA/Auto) of $5000-$10,000 depending on mileage. Add in $5,000 for a manual, add $10,000 for a Twin Turbo. Then you add half of whatever the previous owner 'invested' into it.

Tadaa you have the Australian Supra market. Is it any better in the US?

It's similar to that but you deduct $200 if it's been wrecked/salvaged and $2000 if it is currently wrecked.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's similar to that but you deduct $200 if it's been wrecked/salvaged and $2000 if it is currently wrecked.

Wait, there are Supras in the US that HAVEN'T been wrecked already?

Gosh.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2867452726.html

The seller also has it listed on Ebay for $5900 buy it now.

...and she accepted an offer of $5500. :ninja:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
"Gold"...in the sense of "It's an entertaining read that has so many rust holes it resembles...a 1981 Toyota Starlet!

quote:

1981 Toyota Starlet - $500 (Denver, CO)

Date: 2012-02-17, 2:59PM MST
Reply to: b3g4p-2850057011@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

No joke. It's a Starlet. Yeah, I know we all thought these have all rusted away and disappeared or been taken to Florida to be made into rotary powered drag machines by crazy Cubans but this is an actual Starlet, here in Denver! It's... ahh... how you might say... Special.
First. Interior is gutted. It was all done anyhow. I had aspirations to build this into a rally car someday. I did however permanently weld in a Subaru 2.5RS seat for the driver. So it's best if you're in the 5'10" to 6'2" range if you want to drive it like it sits.
Second. After removing the interior I was removing the tar sheet sound deadening and voila, instant weight reduction! Sheet metal in the front outer corners of driver and passenger side footwells was coming right out too. That said, if you are driving around in the snow pretending like your Ken Block with all 59 hp this beast has, the back of your legs will get wet. If it's slushy, it's even worse. But at maybe 1400 pounds total weight you can be a total stud even with only 59 hp. Stomp on the gas and if theres some camber on the road, you're sideways.
Third. Didn't pass emissions last time. Guy trying didn't take it to a small old shop, just to Air Care Corruption... I mean, Air Care Colorado. It probably just needs some carb cleaner sprayed in it or taken to one of the indy shops where they understand archaeic things like carbs.
Fourth. Gas gauge doesn't work. After running out of gas a few too many times, we started just driving around with a 5 gallon jug in the back of the car. Add the 5 gallons when car dies, refill jug. Problem solved. I think there's a bit of a leak in the top of the tank anyhow so if you keep the fuel level low, you get better gas mileage cause you aren't leaking fuel on hills when parked.
Fifth. It runs. It has a hitch though that would probably fall off if you tried to use it. I guess I should have said, it ran last time I put gas in it and did some donuts in the snow. It gets like 45 MPG or better but you probably won't feel safe after a few days in it. I commuted 25 miles of I-25 on it one summer. I finally got too scared of all the SUVs around me so got something a little newer with a few less crumble zones and a few more crumple zones.
Sixth. How did I almost forget this one! The brakes were fried when I got it. We replaced some pads and stuff and the car now stops! However, there is still some issue, and you have to pump the brakes about 3 times before you get full braking power. Who needs Ginko Biloba to keep alert with a system that requires constant vigilance like that!
Seven: It has a choke! No kidding. Like a lever that you pull to choke the carb to get it to start. How cool is that!

I had planned to keep it to give to my children when they are old enough to drive so they will actually learn what it's like to have to drive a car that requires some attention to what you are doing. But I'm now worried that it will melt into the parking lot well before that day comes so I am ready to send it on. It's got more torque than you'd expect from an old beater. We hauled eight eight foot pieces of 2.5"X0.25" wall square tubing with it. I pulled my roomate around the Congress Park Neighborhood on a loveseat until the couch legs started burning. It'll almost do a burnout on dry ground!
Willing to entertain offers, trades, or dental work.

Edit on Friday Feb 17. So the little Starlet keeps getting more character. After running out of gas a few too many times, the starter was starting to fail because I used it to move the car into the gas station parking lot. Pitiful I know since it's the easiest car in history to push around. Which is good because as of 30 minutes ago, it now has to be push started cause the starter is just whirrrrrrrrrrring. Napa has starters for about $60 if you don't feel like the free physical exercise of pushing the car everytime you want it to start. Or the mental exercise of always strategically parking on a hill with nothing in front of you. That's right kiddos. On these old cars you can just get them rolling and start them without needing a starter. You do have to use a key in the ignition. What's a key? It's a thing that you used to need to start a car back before the days of smart keys. If you really really want to be cool you could get one of those rotary phone smart phone things from Think Geek and put it in this Starlet to look like the coolest guy since 1983!

Even 8 year old Finns know how cool these cars are!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ASuKye3u6c

Oh yeah, in case you missed it, the best description of the rust level on this car is 'rust bucket'. Definitely would be a labor of love to get it into nice shape. There are holes you can put your hand through on the floor where the firewall meets the floorpan. There is rust on the bottom of the doors. There is some level of rust on pretty much every panel. The best plan would be to strip the whole car down, blast or acid dip the chassis, then repair all the rust and reassemble. Also, $500 is firm. Trades I'll consider. Firearms, Subarus, Merkurs, Bandsaws, Tig welders, plasma cutters, and maybe some wood working tools.

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Wasn't that entire thing just an off the shelf Garrett kit that Mazda threw on and said "welp, good enough"?

More or less. The exhaust manifold was made by Callaway though and was prone to cracking. :haw: Also the LSD would grenade itself at stock boost levels (7psi). To think I picked that car up over a bugeye WRX... :smithicide:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2891001417.html

It's too big to screenshot, see it now before it's glory fades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Rime posted:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/2891001417.html

It's too big to screenshot, see it now before it's glory fades.

quote:

'97 jeep wrangler - $5500 (bellingham/ whistler)
Date: 2012-03-08, 6:54AM PST
Reply to: cc3ws-2891001417@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I should start by saying that if you are looking for a "Pajama party Barbie Jeep" you my friend, should keep looking. If you are looking for a short description of to the beast, I can offer you two words "MEAT & POTATOES". This is the All American chariot of the free world.

I won rights to find this Jeep from Indiana Jones, Chuck Norris, and Bear Grylls in a poker game in Monte Carlo. I went all in with my life as collateral and won a map to the prized treasure on a bluff. The map lead me across all 7 continents until I found it's hiding place, a giant mine shaft 5 miles north of Hell itself. Armed with a pick ax and six pack of beer I dug this jeep out of the darkness, it was buried under 70 tons of granite. When Satan tried to stop me, I dropped the hammer in my new beast, ran his red rear end over, stole his girl, and floored it all the way back up. He was up he was no match for the fury under this hood.

I quickly realized at this point I wasn't dealing with any ordinary Jeep. This thing was forged from a single block of all American Tungsten Steel. Real sturdy! From that day forward my life has never been the same.

So if you are looking for a rice burning hatch back, a solar powered liberal mobile, or even a Hyundai crossover keep on looking my friend, this thing is a piece of red white and blue Americana Machinery.

This baby's pulse is pumping 4 liters of uncensored raw fuel through her straight-six nuclear power plant. And rest assured this is no metro feminine automatic. . . you command her to obey with your calloused hand planted firmly on the t bar Hurst shifter. And she will obey, the first time, every time. If you can't handle your stick shift, or reach the clutch pedal, you better not fairy skip over here wanting to test drive. If you stall her out, you can count on getting hit in the face with a piece of re-bar and sent back to Chapel Hill where you came from.

If you're a man who needs such worldly things as air conditioning, Move on, you do not possess the Jedi Force. Read no further. If you want to blow the sweat off your brow, you do it the old fashioned way: doors off, top down. "What if it rains?". . .You winey bitch! I told you to stop reading. . . Any man who drives this beast doesn't give a poo poo about rain. Not even skin melting acid rain, Cause he's already dripping wet in blood, sweat, dip spit, and fish guts.

If you are looking for the kind of jeep that has to be pansy parked in the garage, so the "carpet doesn't get wet and soggy" - then you should plant your Obama sticker on some Japanese piece of poo poo. Cause this thing has drain holes in the floor to let the blood drain out from buffalo you just killed with your bare hands. Because you are William Wallace from Braveheart and when you get home you can leave the "sissy sponge glove car wash kit" in the pink bucket it came in. Go ahead and spark up your 6000 psi heated pressure washer on the dually trailer in your man cave, cause you are Tim Gillespie and you can pressure wash your truck on the inside. She's got vinyl saddles with a full roll cage in case that buffalo comes back to life while you're doing 80 over some mountain pass or flooded river.

If you're thinking about Mexican chrome bumpers for her, think again. These bumper bashers come hand forged from a blacksmith shop in Franklin County over a wood burnin fire, out of 4 inch well casing and railroad tracks, and then I welded 'em to the drat chassis. That way if you get deployed, you can piggy back this war wagon on a deuce and a half, and chain her down tight from the four corners so you don't lose her when your convoy gets hit by a talibani roadside suicide bomber.

And forget about putting one of those "It's a Jeep Thing. . .You wouldn't understand" stickers on this machine 'cause when you're spotted in this American Classic there will be no questions, no further explanation required, people will understand and get out of your way. . ...real quick.

If you think you're ready to park this panty hauler on your tract of land. If you buy this jeep you better go get your old lady ready for some drat changes around your lair, cause this poo poo will be happening.
1. More chest hair.
2. You're growing a beard.
3. Meat Only Diet.
4. T-Rex for a pet.
5. You're taking a job at the lumber mill.
6. Your car carries five kegs.
7. Penis enlargement.
8. Catch more fish.
9. Wire bristled toothbrush.
10. Sex in the yard.
11. Sex in the garage.
12. All male offspring.
13. Chiseled jaw line.
14. Not giving a drat.
15. Flesh turning to steel.
16. Higher salary
17. Promotions.
18. Better looking wives.
19. Better looking mistresses.
20. More golfing
21. More killing stuff.
22. More dead animals in the KITCHEN freezer.
23. More tools in your garage.
24. Bigger TV
25. Wife takes out the trash
26. Four Wheel Drive
27. Wife brings trash can in from road.
28. Wife stops bitching about clothes on floor.
29. Wife stocks fridge with beer.
30. Chuck Norris.
31. John McCain
32. Steaks for dinner.
33. Winning the Lottery.
34. Bitches on the side.
35. Wrestling with bears.
36. Building poo poo out of stone.
37. Riding Lawn Mower.
38. Bon Fires in cul-de-sac.
39. Bar Fights.
40. Wife picks you up from Thee Gentlemen's Club.
41. Craftsman Tools.
42. Jay Bisset.
43. Welding stuff.
44. Digging holes.
45. Huge Piece of meat.

Put your GPS back in your purse cause this thing has a compass bolted to the dash. Sounds good doesn't it?

This jeep has carried me through 117,000 miles of battlefield twice as gruesome as the second half of the movie "300". . ..And just like a trusty steed this juggernaut has never left me stranded. If you think you've worn her out, you drag this bitch back to me in any condition, and Ill handle the rest.

But if you think you're going to get to whip this mule you better pony up Fifty Five Hundred Dollars. . . American Cash. I'm not selling you this car unless you are clearly a pure blooded American Species, so don't even think about it.
Americans Only.
No Checks.
No Euros
No Northerners.
No Red Hair.
No Low-Ballers.
No one from Chapel Hill.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Lord Gaga fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 9, 2012