Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Aphrodite posted:

Is the ME2 Spectre reinstatement flag messed up? I could have sworn I got reinstated.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just assumed it got revoked again after Arrival/Alliance detainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Is this what ME1/2 default Femshep looks like if you import the face, or just a very good reproduction?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

steakmancer posted:

Any help would be appreciated. I did fiddle with gibbed's save editor but nothing outside of simple background stuff for ME1.

Which happens to be exactly what you are having problems with?? There are two sets of ME1 flags in gibbed, make sure they are both switched.

Virmire Survivor posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just assumed it got revoked again after Arrival/Alliance detainment.

There's definitely a flag for it and it definitely works. (For some people :v:)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Virmire Survivor posted:

The guide says that there's different dialogue depending.

Doesn't really matter, but just curious.

Slow and Serious
Mar 20, 2007

It runs ok.
I was enjoying the game so far but before the mission where you rescue the Turian diplomat's son on Tuchanka (Tuchanka spoiler), my level 35 imported Shepard got reset to level 1 and all my upgrades are gone. I'm playing on the PC version and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this bug.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The first hour of this had me a little worried, because holy crap melodrama and weird pacing and just odd decisions all around. Thankfully the Citadel brought back all the warm and fuzzy feelings I had hoped for. The game looks great, although the framerate gets loving destroyed at times on my 360, I've also had some weird stuff slightly bug out during some of the conversations.

Edit: Anyone else have no love interests show up in the importer despite very obviously being together with someone? Even weirder was that my pre-dlc end game save from ME2 has me correctly romanced up with Miranda.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
So at the very last minute, I managed to snag the only spare copy of the 360 collector's edition at the local game store. Go me.

Now I need to relearn how to use the ME2 save game editor for the 360. I seem to recall needing some extra software to extract and inject the data for the save file, or is that fixed in a newer version? I wonder if a Shepard modified with TIM eyes can be transferred from ME2 to ME3? Mostly, I just don't want to mess with managing money and resource gathering again. Especially if I decide to do a full ME1 through ME3 play through.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

BobTheSpy posted:

Very very early game spoilers: I tried to punch the reporter, and failed. :( She kicked my rear end.

There is a second interrupt after the dodge where you headbutt her.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Innerguard posted:

Read through the topic, and I have a few questions :

Spoilered where I think is appropriate, if any are improper then please let me know.

1) I don't see any plot flags in gibbeds for if you choose to become reinstated as a spectre. Am I missing it - is it one of those garbled mission reward variables?

2) I also don't see any flags or such for the promotional content stuff from ME2 like the Dr Pepper poo poo. I know that stuff is on my EA / bioware account, but I'm using a save from masseffectsaves (thank you for the site, by the way) so does that stuff come back in ME3 solely based on account linkage or savegame verification of account linkage?

3) Regarding endings of Mass effect 2 and possible ramifications into ME3 -

What are the big things affected if you keep or destroy the reaper base?

Would greatly appreciate an answer to the above if someone would be so kind, please.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
This may have been answered before... But on importing, it looks like I killed wrex in me2. I loved wrex. If I continue with the import, is he gone in me3? It may just make me want to start fresh.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Wrex died in ME1 in the 'canon' storyline. So you'll have to do more than start fresh.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Slow and Serious posted:

I was enjoying the game so far but before the mission where you rescue the Turian diplomat's son on Tuchanka (Tuchanka spoiler), my level 35 imported Shepard got reset to level 1 and all my upgrades are gone. I'm playing on the PC version and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this bug.

I had this exact thing happen to me AND on the same mission, no less.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Fairly big mid-game/ME2 character spoilers:

Cerberus found Kelly on the Citadel and murdered her. :smith: I should have told her to change her identity when I met her earlier, although I'm not sure if that would've helped.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Virmire Survivor posted:

Reputation in Mass Effect 3
I am so, so very happy about this. Holy poo poo it took them long enough.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is there a gibbed editor for mass effect 1 or just 2? Trying to set up my me1 plot through the me2 editor is a little daunting.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

tadashi posted:

Just create the folder. I don't think you need to have ME2 installed. On Windows 7 its under something like ocuments --> Bioware --> Mass Effect 2 --> Save. Alternatively, you can go to the Mass Effect 2 saves website, go to their forums and someone has posted a folder from their saved games folder that will let you have a valid folder to put your game into.

Annakie posted:

Just create them yourself. Look at the pictures in link and just make the folders like that.

Thats it? Awesome easy enough thanks guys.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Annakie posted:

You can import saves to the 360, also.

http://masseffectsaves.com/xbox.php
http://masseffectsaves.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15

Nobody's figured out PS3 yet but it might not be possible.

I don't own a copy of ME2 anymore. Could it be possible for someone to upload the files required from a ME2 save on the Xbox so I can edit it with as masseffect2.com save I downloaded?

Please? I don't want to have to buy another copy of ME2. I am too poor right now.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

Fairly big mid-game/ME2 character spoilers:

Cerberus found Kelly on the Citadel and murdered her. :smith: I should have told her to change her identity when I met her earlier, although I'm not sure if that would've helped.

I never found her despite actively looking for, and no mention of what happened to her post major mid-game event :ohdear:

Mordin and Thane wrecked me hard, poo poo gently caress you Deus Ex Japanese Space Samurai. Medical Bay is so quiet now :smith:

melon farmer
Oct 28, 2009

My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs!
Step 1: Fire up ME2
Step 2: 2500 EEZO
Step 3: Dont get a bullshit point allocated into shockwave because you spent the odd point out in ME2 which is a poo poo ability for poo poo Vanguards

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Can someone tell me where Grunt has gone? I may have missed something because I havn't seen him since dragging his bloodied body back onboard the Normandy and I want some skull-cracking Krogan support.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Haha that thing with Joker's chair when it turns around still isn't fixed, it just happens off-camera now. Of all the weird little things in ME2...was it some kind of development in-joke that they decided to leave in the final product?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I updated the masseffect2saves.com PC import walkthrough for ME3.

http://www.masseffect2saves.com/import.php

Feel free to refer people here who keep asking how do I make savegame.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I just made the connection.

That new guy James. He looks like Ricky Martin.

Shasta Cola
Jun 16, 2003

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery just mowing us all down.
Is there a way to edit your savefile to alter your appearance? I'm a few hours in, but I loving hate my eyebrows and it is driving me up the wall.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Creepy Goat posted:

I never found her despite actively looking for, and no mention of what happened to her post major mid-game event :ohdear:

Mordin and Thane wrecked me hard, poo poo gently caress you Deus Ex Japanese Space Samurai. Medical Bay is so quiet now :smith:

Mass Effect 3: As directed by this gentleman.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Creepy Goat posted:

She's (more post major mid-game event spoilers) helping out the refugees at the docking area. Well, she was, anyway. When you go back there after the attack, a couple of folks are having a conversation where it's mentioned that some Cerberus guys asked her name and shot her in the head when she answered. :smith:

quote:

Mordin and Thane wrecked me hard, poo poo gently caress you Deus Ex Japanese Space Samurai.
Indeed. I thought it would be appropriate for Shepard to go to Purgatory and get totally smashed on some turian whiskey, it's been pretty rough for him lately. (Also got to dance with Jack while there. :unsmith:)

Edit: Is it just me, or does the music at Purgatory remind anyone else of the disco theme from Shin Megami Tensei 2?

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 7, 2012

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ChibiSoma posted:

Because people aren't angry enough about the endings as is! There's a reason why they call this man 'Kill 'em all' Tomino. Even so, I applaud and approve of your tastes.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hm, the game seems confused as to whether or not I killed the rachni queen. When Wrex gives the mission, Shepard says "hey I killed them" and Wrex even says he was there (that was my ME1 choice and Wrex was there although I can't imagine it actually knew if he was in my squad or not), but Garrus said I didn't when we saw the first Ravager.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Does anyone know how many total skill points you get to spend on a maxed out Shepard? Or how many points you get per level or what the max level is for that matter? I want to plan out my talents a little bit, especially since I got like 60+ points to spend right off the bat.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

Annakie posted:

I updated the masseffect2saves.com PC import walkthrough for ME3.

http://www.masseffect2saves.com/import.php

Feel free to refer people here who keep asking how do I make savegame.

OK, so...Modio was what I was missing. Thank you.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Hm, the game seems confused as to whether or not I killed the rachni queen. When Wrex gives the mission, Shepard says "hey I killed them" and Wrex even says he was there (that was my ME1 choice and Wrex was there although I can't imagine it actually knew if he was in my squad or not), but Garrus said I didn't when we saw the first Ravager.

Look, dammit, they spent a lot of time and money creating the Reaper-Rachni (spoiler warning: there are rachni) and allowing you to skip that bullshit just because you took a choice explicitly designed to skip that potential bullshit in the future would just be unfair.

(also because it would mean a Renegade choice had an upside and quite frankly Bioware takes offense to that idea.)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So the shadows look really dark and there's weird banding poo poo going on, how do I fix that?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
So I'm kind of raging at wit's end here. I followed the advice to recreate the directory for the saves, dumped out all the saves but one, and even tried to download saves from the website and recreate the whole directory, but I couldn't get the game to recognize my old ME saves.

I finally just try to drag my ME2 folder (with the saves directory) in the "Bioware" directory that holds the "ME3" folder. I boot up the game, and sweet, my characters are now in. The faces aren't recognized but, eh. I get past the intro and play for like a hour and hit quick save. Nothing happens. I remap the key and try again. Nothing. Now I go to the menu and hit save. I go back afterward to load and . . . nothing. I try again, quit the game, come back, and (sure enough) no saves.

From here I remove the ME2 folder from the Bioware directory that holds ME3. I restart my computer, start the game and just run a vanilla character to see if save functions work. I sit through the 3 hour intro, get to the first bit, hit save and . . . nothing.

I guess I'm officially a Origin hater at this point. I mean I'm at the point now where I've uninstalled the game, uninstalled Origin, restarted my computer, and am about to reinstall everything.

Does anyone have any advice for me to get this working? Or am I pretty much f'd in the a?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I was streaming last night and an overseas viewer thought Jessica Chobot was Snooki. I don't know if that was an insult or just an honest mistake... :ohdear:

Edit: And now I can't unsee it. gently caress.

I honestly didn't know who Jessica Chobot was until today. I thought Bioware had just looked for "inspiration" in pop culture and ctrl+c/ctrl+v'd from Jersey Shore.

Whoops!

(Seriously, who the gently caress is Jessica Chobot?)

Damo posted:

the max level

Max level is 60. That's all I know.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
How in the hell do I access the weapon loadout menu?

I don't mean the circle menu where you change weapons on the fly; I mean the menu where you decide what weapons appear in the circle menu. The one that appears when you pick up a new weapon and you pick 'yes' to switch to it.

I swear to loving god I've looked everywhere and there is no menu option to open the weapon loadout menu. I picked up a new gun, accidentally chose 'no,' and now I can't goddamn find the loving weapon loadout menu.

I'm on 360 if that makes any difference.

edit: And how the gently caress do I install weapon mods!? The game makes no effort to explain this AND there's no loving manual in the box. If I wanted a loving puzzle I'd goddamn get a jigsaw and chop this fucker to pieces BIO-WARE. YOU'RE DOING THIS WRONG.

otherwise a fine game

Dr VideoGames 0.299 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 7, 2012

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.

ChibiSoma posted:

So everyone floats around in space, naked at the end while singing happy birthday? Saren, Udina, Anderson, Wrex..they're all waiting for Shepard.. :smith:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Trapezound posted:

I honestly didn't know who Jessica Chobot was until today. I thought Bioware had just looked for "inspiration" in pop culture and ctrl+c/ctrl+v'd from Jersey Shore.

Whoops!

(Seriously, who the gently caress is Jessica Chobot?)

Once upon a time a gurl gamer licked a PSP, and got a job at IGN.

Thaaaaaat about covers it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I have a lot of complaints but they're all nullified by the fact that skip dialog and select dialog are no longer the same button. gently caress yeah.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Ze Pollack posted:

Once upon a time a gurl gamer licked a PSP, and got a job at IGN.

Thaaaaaat about covers it.

Straight people are weird.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I installed everything and imported my save with zero issues. I upgraded my RAM today and everything runs great and loads almost instantly. All the collector's edition DLC worked and I found my space hamster :3:

So hooray PC gaming it worked out for me for once.

• Locked thread