Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Trapezound posted:

Straight gamers are weird.

:colbert:

Fixed that for you.

Also, if you care about spoilers, you should avoid metacritic. User reviews are rife with them and the usual EA/BIOWARE venom being spouted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Trapezound posted:

Straight people are weird.

:colbert:

"I'm gonna give it to me so hard." -Jessica Chobot, 2012.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, James isn't anywhere near as boring as he looks. I could really get used to him.

Meanwhile Liara appears to be back to her dumb old ME1 self, despite still being the shadow broker. Does it continue like that further into the game?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dolphin Fetus posted:

So everyone floats around in space, naked at the end while singing happy birthday? Saren, Udina, Anderson, Wrex..they're all waiting for Shepard.. :smith:

The ending theme would be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l24_0SH3VK8

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

All the collector's edition DLC worked and I found my space hamster :3:

A giant miniature space hamster? :buddy:

Ryan-RB
Mar 19, 2006

If we knew the will of God, then we'd all be Gods, wouldn't we?
Is there any way to avoid Ashley/Kaidan getting head-smashed by the Eva Core bot? :(

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha that reporter again. Punched that bitch in the face in every game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How do this game's equivalent of loyalty powers work now? I unlocked one of James' in the first conversation with him.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

How do this game's equivalent of loyalty powers work now? I unlocked one of James' in the first conversation with him.

There's a nondescript, completely overlook-able (to coin a phrase?) medical bed or something in the medbay, towards the end by the server room door. You click it to choose which bonus power Shepard gets.

Because that totally makes sense.

vvv Oh, sorry. Yeah, it seems that you just be nice to your squad and eventually you get their powers. Haven't played long enough to be the definitive source on that, though.

juche avocado fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 7, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trapezound posted:

There's a nondescript, completely overlook-able (to coin a phrase?) medical bed or something in the medbay, towards the end by the server room door. You click it to choose which bonus power Shepard gets.

Because that totally makes sense.

I don't mean to choose it (Fortification is useless to my Infilitrator), I just mean unlocking them.

Is it just through dialogue by going through the story now?

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

How in the hell do I access the weapon loadout menu?

That menu only shows up when you find a new weapon. The only reason it exists is to give you the option to use a new weapon as soon as you find it. (In ME2, it would automatically equip new weapons as you found them, which was really annoying.

ryan8723
May 18, 2004

Trust me, I read it on TexAgs.
Is Miranda in the game and is she a playable character? I haven't seen anyone mention her yet.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Aphrodite posted:

I don't mean to choose it (Fortification is useless to my Infilitrator), I just mean unlocking them.

Is it just through dialogue by going through the story now?

There may be some hidden loyalty meter with each person, my Shepard was in a relationship with Liara through the first two games, and I got Warp Ammo right away in like one or two conversations. I did get Fortification also, seems that Vega is pretty amicable. As a side note to that, did you do the fight with him in the shuttle bay? I imagine if you hit most of the interrupts in that it impresses him enough to like you almost immediately.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I did. I only did one interrupt though, the Paragon one.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Captain Spoon posted:

(In ME2, it would automatically equip new weapons as you found them, which was really annoying.

That's because every gun you found would be an upgrade of the last. Also, still waiting on an answer to this:

SpazmasterX posted:

Are there any "field" ship upgrades, like faster movement speed or more fuel like in the last game? Where are they, so I can pick them up? I much prefer this system of not having to check every single planet, but I do not care for having to run from an instant game over after a couple scans.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

13Pandora13 posted:

I have a lot of complaints but they're all nullified by the fact that skip dialog and select dialog are no longer the same button. gently caress yeah.

They are? Both are still space for me.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Anybody else having problems with the powers/weapons menu? Mine keeps becoming completely unresponsive in the middle of combat and I've got to do a save/load to get it to start working again :argh:

On PC.

Edit: It's updating now, I guess. Here's to hoping that's what got fixed.

Shroomie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 7, 2012

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

ryan8723 posted:

Is Miranda in the game and is she a playable character? I haven't seen anyone mention her yet.

She is, but I romanced Ashley and that made her cry and run off, so don't know if she joins your crew or not. Maybe if you tell Ash to shove it then Miranda replaces her on the Normandy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm... well, I honestly don't know how far in I am, but probably not far? So far my main complaint is that we seem to be back to ME1's "swim! swim forever!" after ME2's more focused "and now go to these places, for these reasons, to accomplish this", and I miss the focus. I don't know how far into the game I am. I don't know how to recruit new squad members, or even how many I can eventually get. I don't know what I need to do to get Ashley back. It's a little disconcerting.

So far I did the mission that was pretty obviously going to get me Garrus because I wanted him back on board, and it did, and they told me another place to go at the end of it, but I dunno how far I want to follow the obvious plot points before I break off and do sidequests. I don't want to blunder into the endgame still trying to get more squaddies.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

I skipped ahead to avoid spoilers..but is anyone else having problems importing their custom shepards? I get the bald default..not the guy i've been playing?

Sorry if this has been addressed or if i'm panicing to soon anyone else?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

I skipped ahead to avoid spoilers..but is anyone else having problems importing their custom shepards? I get the bald default..not the guy i've been playing?

Yes, mine looked like she'd been going to the same plastic surgeon as michael jackson. Had to rebuild from scratch, got pretty close I guess :\

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
So I just got confirmation on a bit of speculation from the Shadow Broker DLC from ME2 the bartender from Ilium is actually her father

And we had a very interesting chat. :allears:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Ornamented Death posted:

Like this.

Spoiler, obviously.

Tali is literally a girl from a stock photo. No, I'm not making this poo poo up. :staredog:

Don't click this if you don't want the reveal kinda-spoiled.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cheap Vodka posted:

Tali is literally a girl from a stock photo. No, I'm not making this poo poo up. :staredog:

Hahahahahahahahah

I can't wait till that hits the Talimancers and they find out how incredibly hard their space waifu was phoned in.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

If you're importing an ME1 character whose face you didn't change in ME2, the importer bugs out and resets to default. BioWare's working on it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Why do Protheans look totally different in this game to how they did in both previous games?

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Why do Protheans look totally different in this game to how they did in both previous games?

You never actually saw original Protheans in the first two did you? The collectors were altered, hence different-looking. In the DLC the Reaper-controlled Protheans looked like the Collectors from that I could tell.

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.

This might be completely irrelevant, but Javik says at one point that Ilos was inhabited by a different civilization and some Protheans just sort of moved in. So all of those statues were of a different alien species entirely.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

TerminalBlue posted:

You never actually saw original Protheans in the first two did you? The collectors were altered, hence different-looking. In the DLC the Reaper-controlled Protheans looked like the Collectors from that I could tell.
You saw statues of them in the visions and ruins they left behind.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 7, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Captain Spoon posted:

This might be completely irrelevant, but Javik says at one point that Ilos was inhabited by a different civilization and some Protheans just sort of moved in. So all of those statues were of a different alien species entirely.

Also he mentions that the Protheans were also a catch-all name for their empire, which had a number of lesser species that were forcefully joined into their empire. But more likely just the statues of the last race.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

TerminalBlue posted:

You saw them dying in flashbacks and you saw statues of them. There was also the husk prothean they showed in the codex in ME2 who looked like a husk version of the protheans shown in ME1. The ME3 prothean has a totally different head and body shape to any previous prothean so its not like the statues were stylised versions of the ME3 prothean.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
I played a bit yesterday, made some space bucks etc. Logged in today and my character was level 1, and my face was random. I was in the same place in the story, but had no money or skills. The last 2 auto-saves were the same.

Luckily I am OCD about pressing F5 and my quick save had all the right poo poo. I would suggest extra saves since there is some bug floating around.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

rizuhbull posted:

You saw at statues of them in the visions and ruins they left behind.

Right you are. Forgot about that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

You saw them dying in flashbacks and you saw statues of them. There was also the husk prothean they showed in the codex in ME2 who looked like a husk version of the protheans shown in ME1. The ME3 prothean has a totally different head and body shape to any previous prothean so its not like the statues were stylised versions of the ME3 prothean.

Amusing enough they play that familiar cutscene from ME1 & ME2 of the Prothean beacon when you talk to Javik.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1stGear posted:

Hahahahahahahahah

I can't wait till that hits the Talimancers and they find out how incredibly hard their space waifu was phoned in.

I was really hoping for a Predator face.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I'm assuming that you are supposed to have a ton of points already if you import a save game? Without importing you start with barely any, which is why I'm wondering.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stokes posted:

I'm assuming that you are supposed to have a ton of points already if you import a save game? Without importing you start with barely any, which is why I'm wondering.

Yes, you start at the level you finished ME2. For those wondering, no it doesn't really make the combat easier, I've been dying pretty regularly, on normal.

Leveling up with a blank slate in ME3 is super quick anyway, so it shouldn't really be a problem.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cheap Vodka posted:

I'm not sure whether this is terrible or brilliant.

On one hand it's completely :effort:, but on the other they must've known how much it would piss off the freaky Tali obsessives.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Captain Spoon posted:

That menu only shows up when you find a new weapon. The only reason it exists is to give you the option to use a new weapon as soon as you find it. (In ME2, it would automatically equip new weapons as you found them, which was really annoying.

I refuse to believe that the only chance I ever have to change weapons is when I pick them up. There's no way to even compare them; how would I know I'm using a better one? Or one suited to my needs?

edit: oh GOODIE - the game's manual is located in the loving EXTRAS menu.

Really? The loving instructions are now considered a surplus? A goodie? A little something to gently caress around with after you're done with the game? Right there next to the developer commentary and big-head mode?

In any case - you can only change out weapons at 1)start of a mission 2) at a workbench or 3) when you pick up a new weapon.

A little loving dialogue box explaining this to me when I grabbed my first new weapon would've been helpful. OR A loving PAPER MANUAL IN THE GODDAMN BOX, YOU loving CRIMINALS.

Welp, that issue's solved. Game's still good. Have fun, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Does the gibbed editor tweak every mass effect 1 flag or is it missing some?

• Locked thread