Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pepperburg
Dec 6, 2009

omg car crash posted:

Any idea why the game crashes every single time I get done watching the video about the Prothean stasis pods on Eden Prime? I can't keep playing any further because of this. :(

I had this as well. I restarted my comp and constantly hit escape to bring up the menu after the vid and then let it play.

And um it worked so YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Refyougee
Jun 20, 2008

Fuck who you are. You have a greater responsibility - to ensure that what you do does not result in the promotion of division, willful ignorance, and suffering.
quote is not edit, woops

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Oh my God, all of the (weapon spoilers)Geth weapons are amazing. Hilariously inefficient, but amazing nonetheless.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
How come the Silean Nebula only has one system? Are the rest unlocked by plot?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Anyone else finding the Chakram Launcher to be really really good? I tried the Argus Rifle on Insanity and couldn't hit poo poo, and when I did it didn't do nearly enough damage. The Chakram Launcher was finishing some enemies in three shots (or less if I got a headshot) and reloads really fast (again, unlike the Argus).

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Are heavy weapons making a comeback at all? I haven't seen any.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
How do I use a Mass Effect 2 save? I don't have ME2 on this computer but I created the directory structure and put one of the ME2 saves from masseffectsaves.com in it, but ME3 isn't detecting it.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Beefstew posted:

Are heavy weapons making a comeback at all? I haven't seen any.

They seem to be mission based. I got the flamenwerfer on a mission with Rachni, but only for that mission I also got a blackstar thing? On Tuchanka on the Turian extraction mission. I think I was supposed to kill a Harvester with it, but I just Incinerated the gently caress out of it and then found the weapon after it was dead :shepface:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Both my Commander Shepards that I used for ME1 and 2 imported looking way too strange for me to accept. I'm going to have to wait and see if they can fix this.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

Both my Commander Shepards that I used for ME1 and 2 imported looking way too strange for me to accept. I'm going to have to wait and see if they can fix this.

Yeah I didn't notice until I already started but my Shepard looked like he is having an allergic reaction or something. His face seems all puffy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dick Trauma posted:

Well, they're working on a fix for the face import bug from ME1, but I don't think they're going to be overhauling the face creator anytime soon. You may just have to bite the bullet and change the faces.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
Man Jennifer Hale just blows it out of the water in this game. Actually everyone's doing a really good job, even Freddie Prinze Jr!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kongming posted:

Yeah I didn't notice until I already started but my Shepard looked like he is having an allergic reaction or something. His face seems all puffy.

One of mine looks like a distant relation of the original, and the other looks nothing at all like the original. I thought I'd done something wrong until I read about other people with messed up imports. They said something about the ME1>ME2 import having something to do with it. I still have my ME1 save games so maybe they can do a hybrid import of the face from the ME1 save and the story from ME2.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
Does ME3 use the face code thing from ME2? If so, would copying the code from ME2 and putting it in to the new import give a different face result?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Jim Sterling fanning the flames over the Tali thing.

Seriously, don't click if don't want to get spoiled : http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-3-used-stock-photo-for-big-character-reveal-223344.phtml

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

evilmiera posted:

Was just coming over to post this. I love it to bits, honestly. Photoshopping a public image that will look really out of place is almost the least amount of effort put into it that I can think of, and I applaud that decision.

This is honestly the funniest thing I have seen. Somebody should take one for the team and go find some choice posts on bioware forums from the inevitable poo poo storm this caused amongst tali fanboys. :v:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I was about to say, people are losing their poo poo over that

edit: I mean, it is hilariously lazy. At least they used public domain work instead of like in the NWN incident

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 7, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
They should have flat out made the picture Aribeth or Jaheira or something, the actual character portrait. That would be funny.

Why is it so hard to catch a loving hamster?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
The issue with faces not importing properly, as the guy with the robot dog avatar who works for Bioware said, is that ME1 didn't use the face code system, so if you imported from 1 to 2, there isn't any information that ME3 can read. He was quite apologetic about it and at the time said he wasn't sure how they could fix it. To be honest I wouldn't expect a timely patch for this, if you rabble rouse enough they might make it a priority, but I honestly wouldn't expect anything for months.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Jim Sterling fanning the flames over the Tali thing.
Whoahwhoahwhoah, Jim Sterling trolling for easy pageviews? Well I never! :rolleyes:

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008
My feeling about pragaon ending and other stuff in near future

I didnt like it, i want my Shepard to be alive and having fun out there with friends and pals but instead i am space jesus. Plus it was sad and made my eyes wet :smith:

Do you guys think the scene with Stargazer and the kid is a possible teaser of another game ?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So I got the CE but where's my robo puppy?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

NihilCredo posted:

Whoahwhoahwhoah, Jim Sterling trolling for easy pageviews? Well I never! :rolleyes:

I don't even read his articles, just the comments. :clint:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Why has no one else posted a confirmation of that image? I don't really care, but I think it would be an awesome troll if it were fake.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Jazzy Jones posted:

My feeling about pragaon ending and other stuff in near future

I didnt like it, i want my Shepard to be alive and having fun out there with friends and pals but instead i am space jesus. Plus it was sad and made my eyes wet :smith:

Do you guys think the scene with Stargazer and the kid is a possible teaser of another game ?

It's for the MMORPG; that's why all the endings are so similar.

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?
So when you create a new character for ME3 does it let you choose the major choices from the previous games, like it did in ME2? Or does it just decide this stuff for you?

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

AlternateAccount posted:

Why has no one else posted a confirmation of that image? I don't really care, but I think it would be an awesome troll if it were fake.

I think its a good compromise for trolling the talimancers. The higher-ups won't allow a predator-faced abomination, so the artists did the next best thing.

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008

Nephilm posted:

It's for the MMORPG; that's why all the endings are so similar.

I will actually play the poo poo out from ME mmo :v:.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
Question about the weapon mods...

The various "Piercing" mods list the ability to penetrate objects, but at significantly reduced damage. Does the reduced damage apply to all shots fired from the weapon, or does the damage reduction only apply to shots that penetrate an object before hitting something?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I've only played a really small bit but so far the best part so far was honestly telling Khalisah to pretty much hang in there and keep asking the tough questions because we need someone doing that and her agreeing to. Then the war asset entry for her saying that her heartfelt message urging cooperation or whatever has resulted in a flood of donations. :unsmith:

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2584112

Is this the FOV fix folks are using on the PC?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

azflyboy posted:

Question about the weapon mods...

The various "Piercing" mods list the ability to penetrate objects, but at significantly reduced damage. Does the reduced damage apply to all shots fired from the weapon, or does the damage reduction only apply to shots that penetrate an object before hitting something?

Pretty sure it's the latter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Boogle posted:

I think its a good compromise for trolling the talimancers. The higher-ups won't allow a predator-faced abomination, so the artists did the next best thing.
Just want to remind you that every character from Mass Effect 2 had a facial model to sync with the voice actors. A lot of them were the VA's themselves. The least they could have done, was base Tali's face off her VA, Liz Sroka. It worked alright for Liara. They didn't even do that, they just picked up an image from the internet and did a bit of photoshopping, something anyone with a little bit of photoshop knowledge can do it less than 15 minutes.

Jazzy Jones posted:

I will actually play the poo poo out from ME mmo :v:.
People thought that about the Old Republic MMO, too.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I like how the start of ME3 has the first and (thus far) only chase sequence in the series and it was FANTASTICALLY done, Mars in general was a awesome jump off into the game.

Jazzy Jones
May 25, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

People thought that about the Old Republic MMO, too.

Well if they dont follow EQ/WOW trinity i say why the hell not but then bioware have one mmo already so i doubt it.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Loving Life Partner posted:

I like how the start of ME3 has the first and (thus far) only chase sequence in the series and it was FANTASTICALLY done, Mars in general was a awesome jump off into the game.

It was lackluster. You cannot change the outcome no matter what you do, regardless of how good you might be doing (the game is so easy), because obviously it's Bioware's story and gently caress giving options to the player.

Also, all those little pauses on conversations throughout the game where the dialogue wheel was supposed to go but was cut out are distracting.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That said, the chase was amusing when you constantly teleporting with the vanguard charge.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Plot spoilers:

There are so many awesome set pieces and parts to the game like Tuchanka and Javik. Then you have poo poo like the dream sequences. They add nothing positive to the game and just pull you out of the immersive world.

Javik is amazing though and I am so happy I got him immediately. His little quips about each race are hilarious. After his conversation with Wrex about eating Salarian livers, he be and a permanent member of the shore party.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, can someone please list out which missions have to be done in a time-limit (like the suicide mission from ME2)? I'm afraid to Google due to spoilers.

Suben posted:

I've only played a really small bit but so far the best part so far was honestly telling Khalisah to pretty much hang in there and keep asking the tough questions because we need someone doing that and her agreeing to. Then the war asset entry for her saying that her heartfelt message urging cooperation or whatever has resulted in a flood of donations. :unsmith:

Yeah, it might seem small but I really enjoyed that part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ambiguatron posted:

They should have flat out made the picture Aribeth or Jaheira or something, the actual character portrait. That would be funny.

Why is it so hard to catch a loving hamster?

I believe they based some of the BG series character portraits off stock images too, then "Fantasied" them up a bit.

• Locked thread