Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

PunkBoy posted:

Wait, are you saying that Mass Effect is like Final Fantasy? :confused:

As far as player characterization options, and decisions having an effect on the plot, yeah, #3 comes unnervingly close to it. They even made the combat more grindy for the latest :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know where I can find the prothrean dude on the citadel from the DLC?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I've glanced through the thread looking for an answer but I've already been inadvertently spoiled worse than Snooki's kid is gonna be, so I'm just going to ask here: How long of a game is it? I saw earlier someone said they beat it in ten hours, minus the side quests?

I put at least thirty into the first two games (more like fifty or sixty into ME2 because of my 'spergin urge to rape planets of every possible mineral) and I was hoping ME3 would turn out about the same.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
/\/\ I am a little over 24 hours in and I am not sure how much I have to go, but I have to appease one more race it looks like, plus whatever final stuff. Just as a ballpark estimate I would guess there's five to six hours left at least. Depends on how much I decide to tie up sidequests, I expect.

Coughing Hobo posted:

The (geth mission spoiler)virtual reality mission to shut down the server felt like I was fulfilling the description of the illegal Shepard VI from ME2. I delete data like you on the way to real errors :black101:

As I did that mission I was loving praying they would reference that. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I am at the final choices

I have 5k war assets, will choosing synthesis kill shepard?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

bengraven posted:

Do we ever see Jack again after her first mission?

Yes, you'll get messages from her, and she'll hang out at Purgatory every so often. We had a dance off and I think she won.

opblaaskrokodil
Oct 26, 2004

Your morals are my morals. Your wishes are my code.
So, what's the deal with buying the DLC? Do I have to do it via Origin? (PC)

I'm trying, and it keeps just telling me there's an error when I press the "Buy Now" button...

edit: what the fuuuuuuuuck I load up an older save game and I'm level 1 with no money (or fuel for the ship for that matter). :mad:
well, at least I had a save from not that far before that, where I still have my stuff.

opblaaskrokodil fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 8, 2012

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
It's pretty revealing that Bioware's writers can only write convincing dialog for AIs and computers.

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?

Fat_Cow posted:

So I am at the final choices

I have 5k war assets, will choosing synthesis kill shepard?

Yes. Synthesis kills Shepard no matter how many war assets you have.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Slake Fistcrunch posted:

Yes. Synthesis kills Shepard no matter how many war assets you have.

Ah, so only destroy saves him? Oh well

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Who is this (mid-game spoiler) Kai Leng loser and why does everyone in game keep warning me about him? He seems like a giant chump with swords and an emo haircut. Is he from the books?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fivegears4reverse posted:

There is a confrontation. It goes about as well as could be expected. Remember the Reaper who descended down closest to the beam as you ran towards it near the very ending, shooting at you the whole way? That's him.

That whole sequence was really, really awesome. And yeah, that really is the final boss of the game, and goes about as well as you would expect.

VaultAggie posted:

Who is this (mid-game spoiler) Kai Leng loser and why does everyone in game keep warning me about him? He seems like a giant chump with swords and an emo haircut. Is he from the books?

Yuuuuup. He (and the phantoms) make no goddamn sense in this universe and are really glaringly stupid but welp.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Dreylad posted:

Yuuuuup. He (and the phantoms) make no goddamn sense in this universe and are really glaringly stupid but welp.

He allowed us to see how much of a bad rear end Thane really is and that's honestly enough.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Kinda ME related...did anyone who managed to get in on the Battlefield 3/Mass Effect 3 preorder thing before it went away get their copies of Battlefield?

I checked my email and it says I was supposed to get a key at ME3 release. Don't tell me they just cancelled the deal entirely, even for people that did manage to get in before they pulled it. :(

Otherwise, its angry-call-to-Origin-support time. :argh:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I didn't blow any chance of re-romancing Ash by picking "you left me" over "clean slate", did I? I like new Ash, but she had a chewing out coming over ME2.

Also, does Chakwas come back?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Okay, I've encountered a seemingly impossible-to-bypass crash bug, on the mission to rescue Cereberus scientists, and in the fly-in to the mission you see Jacob on the ground.

The game stops responding and crashes at the same point, right when I'm running into the zone from the landing point. Is this happening to anyone else? How the hell do I leave this mission now?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

I didn't blow any chance of re-romancing Ash by picking "you left me" over "clean slate", did I? I like new Ash, but she had a chewing out coming over ME2.

Also, does Chakwas come back?

I never romanced Ashley, but the good Doctor does come back

vv :smugdog:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

^^Beaten. :argh:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Okay, once and for all, before I import and decide this myself:

Is there actually a relationship between new game+ and the ending? It sounds stupid enough to be true, and also stupid enough to be false. I wanted to double check and make sure before I waste a bunch of time for nothing.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Ending could have been pulled off a little better, but I wasn't disappointed. Only way I could have seen it ending was with Shepherd dying, it just felt right, however it could have been a little less cheesey with the crash landed scene, drat watching Joker trying to outrun the explosion was loving intense though. I chose to ignore the after-credits scene because it is loving retarded.

So many people died on me as well, it was like in Reach where your bros go down one by one and you can't do anything no matter how badass you are :(

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
Elcor question/problem How do I accomplish the mission to the Elcor homeworld for the Elcor ambassador? I scan the planet and nothing happens. I had already been there before to pick up the artifact.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Can I delete a multiplayer character? I didn't see a way to :(

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

seal it with a kiss posted:

Elcor question/problem How do I accomplish the mission to the Elcor homeworld for the Elcor ambassador? I scan the planet and nothing happens. I had already been there before to pick up the artifact.

Then you're done. Just talk to him again.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Chasiubao posted:

Can I delete a multiplayer character? I didn't see a way to :(

You can edit the name and appearance, but resetting skills can only be done via cards you get from item packs. Level and skills are reset when you promote them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

Okay, I've encountered a seemingly impossible-to-bypass crash bug, on the mission to rescue Cereberus scientists, and in the fly-in to the mission you see Jacob on the ground.

The game stops responding and crashes at the same point, right when I'm running into the zone from the landing point. Is this happening to anyone else? How the hell do I leave this mission now?

gently caress, this is not good. The game wrote a new autosave on the planet, and it crashes instantly on loading the autosave. My last quicksave is an hour back. This is hosed up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

PurplieNurplie posted:

Okay, once and for all, before I import and decide this myself:

Is there actually a relationship between new game+ and the ending? It sounds stupid enough to be true, and also stupid enough to be false. I wanted to double check and make sure before I waste a bunch of time for nothing.

If there is a NG+ ending, the video files aren't stored with the others on the disc, and nobody has yet reported finding one. Everything seems to point to it being some bullshit rumor.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

You can edit the name and appearance, but resetting skills can only be done via cards you get from item packs. Level and skills are reset when you promote them.

That's fine, getting stuck with a dude named Blargh because I just wanted to check things out would suck :(

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Chasiubao posted:

That's fine, getting stuck with a dude named Blargh because I just wanted to check things out would suck :(

Thanks for the idea. Next Krogan will be Urdnot Blargh. :haw:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Make way for the Mass Effect MMO.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Did convincing Garrus to be more renegade or paragon like have any effect on 2 or not in 3?

Slake Fistcrunch
Feb 16, 2011

What size skull-dome do you wear?
Yeah, people have been going crazy for a while trying to find a NG+ ending but there's just no evidence for it. The last stupid rumour I heard was that it was somehow tied to the paddlefish surviving (:confused:). That kind of thing seems to be dying down very slowly.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ugh, I'm gonna be all paranoid now. Stupid Ashley trying to throw Miranda in my face and me finally getting to call her a bitch for how she acted on Horizon.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
I'm loving all the little touches in the game.

Grissom Academy spoilers:

- When you find the sister (Samee?) of the first biotic kid you run across, one of the squad comments that she's badly hurt and if you wait to long to engage her, she'll actually die.

- In your first conversation with Jack, Garrus comments "As charming as ever" and Jack tells him "Bite me. Or better yet bite her. Probably how she like it." I dunno if that's her standard line for meeting Garrus, but I romanced Garrus in ME2 & ME3 and it seemed like she was acknowledging the romance, even if it was in her own sarcastic way.

- I also brought Edi, and when you run into David Archer he recognises her and apologises for trying to upload himself to the normandy in overload :3:

- Back on the normandy I went looking for Javik in his room, but he was gone! Turns out he was exploring the ship and he was down in Jack's old quarters, reading the room.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
DLC Character I like Javik's in-combat abilities and voice, but goddamn he's insufferable. I was pretty amazed he bothered to change his little speech on the citadel even when I paragon interrupted his melodramatic whinefest. I don't know why, but I just assumed he'd automatically be another awesome space bro like Legion and Kasumi were. The exotic characters are usually the most entertaining, but Javik's gimmick got old real quick. I still take him on most missions though. Mordin's initial reaction to seeing him was so good I cant help it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kevdude posted:

I'm getting kinda desperate here and would like to know if this mission is bugged for everyone or if it's happened to anyone else. I've tried like 5+ times now with different combinations of companions and walking a different path, and sometimes it even crashes faster. I don't want to lose over an hour of gameplay now by going back to an earlier save, this is hosed up.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

Darke GBF posted:

DLC Character I like Javik's in-combat abilities and voice, but goddamn he's insufferable. I was pretty amazed he bothered to change his little speech on the citadel even when I paragon interrupted his melodramatic whinefest. I don't know why, but I just assumed he'd automatically be another awesome space bro like Legion and Kasumi were. The exotic characters are usually the most entertaining, but Javik's gimmick got old real quick. I still take him on most missions though. Mordin's initial reaction to seeing him was so good I cant help it.

He's supposed to fill the douchebag role. You already have Garrus to be your bro and McBuff Muscleman to be a dumb dudebro.

reboot
May 6, 2011
Is it even possible to (End game spoilers) have your two squad mates survive to the beacon during the final charge?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just beat it. Not really sure what to think at the moment. Last ending that affected me this much was Red Dead Redemption's. VIDYAGAEMZ and all that, but my hands are still shaking a bit and I wouldn't trust myself to drive anywhere. The ending's, like, I need some time to process it before offering an assessment. What I will say is that Keith David, Mark Meer, and Jennifer Hale deserve all the awards this year.

ME3 is unquestionably the best game in the series. Gameplay, graphics, voice acting, choices, tie-ins from prior games - it's all there.

Clocked in at just over 30 hours and 7k war assets, by the by, and I did everything that I could find, skipping very little dialogue and doing a round on the ship and the Citadel after significant events.

reboot posted:

Is it even possible to (End game spoilers) have your two squad mates survive to the beacon during the final charge?

More endgame/post-endgame: James was with me through the final mission, and he exited the ship after the crash. Possible bug, but whatever, I'll take it.

5er posted:

Regarding the 'Galaxy at War' preparedness percentage, and earning %'s to improve it via the multiplayer- does this retroactively apply to stuff you've earned in a single player game so far, or does it only affect what you earn after you earn the % bonus?

It's retroactive.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Regarding the 'Galaxy at War' preparedness percentage, and earning %'s to improve it via the multiplayer- does this retroactively apply to stuff you've earned in a single player game so far, or does it only affect what you earn after you earn the % bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

reboot posted:

They teleport to the Normandy.

• Locked thread