Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

GidgetNomates posted:

I'm one of those two viewers then because I would absolutely watch this.

50% of my audience! :3:

vkeios posted:

He also likes to comment about how he's totally better than Arino at games he's never played.

I think this is fair especially when watching Arino's earlier challenges and/or any game with bullets on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NBHS posted:

Castlequest. Seems like exactly the kind of game that would make Arino's head explode. I picked up a copy recently, and wish I had the time to binge on it properly.

I fuckin' hate Castlequest. And yet I keep coming back to it.

Apparently people share this sentiment. There is no such a thing as an accurate walkthrough of the game, but there is definitely a walkthrough.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

vkeios posted:

My nephew likes to watch Game Center CX, even though he's not very good at reading and just ignores the subtitles. :3:
I think that's one of the best things about GCCX. IMO, as long as the game isn't very text heavy, the untranslated episodes are still quite watchable. Obviously, unless you know Japanese, you do miss out on Arino's one liners, but you still feel the pain of him getting stuck on a level for two hours straight until an AD comes to the rescue.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh hey guys just posting something for no particular reason at all! It doesnt mean anything, guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqIJqFap6gU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Yeah I think I'll post a video for no related reason, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtkDEAhWC8

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oooh, 2-parters are always fun. Unless it's the original.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Yeah I think I'll post a video for no related reason, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtkDEAhWC8

I prefer this one myself. :wotwot:

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Well, if we're headed in this direction, allow me to be the one to breach the Hyadain-field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g29FkNIGqcc&feature=related

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Unrelated videos, HO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6L9bUouDr8

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Oh I know a good one of those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbopCNq-AUM

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I found another totally unrelated video.

It seems to be some Japanese guy trying to beat an old videogame, Rock Man or something? Some lady named Zari-gani translated it

Download torrent81 (1 file; 470.14 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download
http://depositfiles.com/files/ipur97q64

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

After discovering the Freshverse stream during the Pilotwings live challenge, I haven't been able to watch the last couple days because I keep getting a "Stream not found: live.flv" error message. Is this a problem on my end or are other people getting it too?

You aren't the only one.

Edit: Huzzah! Mega Man time! And someone already posted some Hyadain, so I don't have to further the unrelated video barrage.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 8, 2012

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Woo! Just what I needed SAGCCX Team! Downloading now! Eager to see how he does at the first game in the Megaman series, which was always sort of an odd duck as far as the rest of the series was concerned.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You guys are nothing if dependable. Ridiculous sub effort.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Funny, after posting Hyadain I got a little nostalgic, and just (less than a minute ago) finished playing through Mega Man 3 in an attempt to take the edge off.

And then this happened.

... y'inz'all are awesome.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You beautiful bastards. I have a feeling this video is going to make me want to yell at my screen and then boot up Mega Man.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Spectacular, thanks yet again.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just finished The Genji And Heike Clans episode.

That game is pure evil. The last time I saw Arino that miserable was during Takeshi's Castle. I seriously felt bad for the guy.

Also, now I know where these guys came from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c2yyDUpW1A&hd=1

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for the Rockman episode. Hope to Wagan Land soon so we can complete the female AD Takahashi quadlogy.

If you saw the Megaman 3 episode, it spoils some of the stuff in this episode.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

Edit: Huzzah! Mega Man time!

I know, it's great.

Keep up the great work guys.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Thanks for the Mega Man episode! I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I'm almost afraid to see Arino versus the blocks in Ice Man's stage or Arino versus Yellow Devil...

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

private message posted:

Thanks for the Mega Man episode! I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I'm almost afraid to see Arino versus the blocks in Ice Man's stage or Arino versus Yellow Devil...

If you saw the Megaman 3 episode, it shows a recap of his battle with the Yellow Devil in MM1. It took 3 and a half hours with 69 attempts to beat the Yellow Devil. His rematch in 3 was priceless.

If you have seen other mega man challenges, you will see that he despises the disappearing blocks.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

joek0 posted:

If you saw the Megaman 3 episode, it shows a recap of his battle with the Yellow Devil in MM1. It took 3 and a half hours with 69 attempts to beat the Yellow Devil. His rematch in 3 was priceless.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll definitely have to watch the rematch again. If Arino couldn't beat MM2 then he has no shot at MM1 right? I never played MM2 on US "hard mode", but does it make the difficulty on par with other hard MM games (MM1 and MM5)?

edit: typos

private message fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 8, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What's the mouse joke in the original language?

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

private message posted:

Thanks for reminding me, I'll definitely have to watch the rematch again. If Arino couldn't beat MM2 then he has no shot at MM1 right? I never played MM2 on US "hard mode", but does it make the difficulty on par with other hard MM games (MM1 and MM5)?

1 is easily the hardest of the original series to play blind, the others don't even come close.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I know it's nitpicking, but it's kind of confusing when some of the torrent releases are in appropriate season folders and some are not. Recent Megaman was not. It's no big deal to check what season the episode is in but it's the principle, drat it. :colbert: Unified torrent folder policies will help in the longer run when new releases find their way easily into predefined default season format folders.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Boo... Boo... Boo... Boo... For some reason his doing that amused me to no end.

Also, the fact that the narrator referred to Bomb Man as "Bomberman" out loud, and that the Magnet Beam is apparently called the "Magic Power" in japanese.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Snot Man posted:

Also, the fact that the narrator referred to Bomb Man as "Bomberman" out loud

That's the official Japanese pronounciation. I don't get it either.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I may be wrong but it doesn't sound like "Bomb-er Man", it sounds like "Bom-ba Man", which is what I'd expect them to say as they always end up adding a vowel sound to things like that in English. Go listen to how they pronounce Cut Man for a similar example.

Son Ryo posted:

The usual practice if they want to end a word with a consonant is to end it with a -u sound. So it should be Bombu-man.

Or yea, that. Didn't know that was such a hard rule. My ears are getting better with Japanese but it's a slow, slow process. So much more demanding than English.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 8, 2012

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Crotch Bat posted:

I may be wrong but it doesn't sound like "Bomb-er Man", it sounds like "Bom-ba Man", which is what I'd expect them to say as they always end up adding a vowel sound to things like that in English.

The usual practice if they want to end a word with a consonant is to end it with a -u sound. So it should be Bombu-man.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Doc Hawkins posted:

What's the mouse joke in the original language?

In Japanese, mouse = nezumi, rat = dobu nezumi ("mud mouse"). Computer mouse is just "mouse," same as English. He says "it's practically a dobu mouse."

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
This episode was great. Ice Man's "Yo" face in particular had me cracking up. I'll never be able to unsee it.

I didn't even realize there was a technique for beating Yellow Devil outside of the Electric Beam glitch or getting insanely lucky. Good on ya, Arino.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm taking a short Twitter break from watching the Mega Man episode (great job as always, guys!) and if Chrome's built in translator extension and my assumption is correct, I think Arino is tweeting about today being Inoko MAX's birthday. :toot:

Edit: I just tweeted a birthday message to him. I hope he responds. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 8, 2012

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Mega WOW! Megaman 1! A pity I can't watch it tonight... So I'll put it on my phone for consumption tomorrow. Thanks again for wondrous meal we are about to receive.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obeast posted:

I'm taking a short Twitter break from watching the Mega Man episode (great job as always, guys!) and if Chrome's built in translator extension and my assumption is correct, I think Arino is tweeting about today being Inoko MAX's birthday. :toot:

Edit: I just tweeted a birthday message to him. I hope he responds. :)

I double checked and March 8 is Inoko MAX's birthday. He's 28 today.

I expect that right now he's sitting in his apartment alone with a slice of cake and one lone candle on it. He's wearing a party hat and just staring at his cake. He doesn't want to blow the candle out because that would be accepting that no one is going to show up.

For some reason I think Inoko MAX has the most depressing life...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 8, 2012

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I'm such a shameless dork. When Arino asks 'Is that a Zaku?' I immediately reply (under my breath) 'That's no Zaku, boy. No Zaku!'.

And then he says it.

Sign of a wasted youth, eh?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I double checked and March 8 is Inoko MAX's birthday. He's 28 today.

I expect that right now he's sitting in his apartment alone with a slice of cake and one lone candle on it. He's wearing a party hat and just staring at his cake. He doesn't want to blow the candle out because that would be accepting that no one is going to show up.

Nah, Arino will be there and get frustrated when he can't blow out the candle after many tries. Then, Abe would show up, cook himself a nice dinner, grab a beer from Inoue's fridge, and silently eat it as he watches Inoue try to blow out the candles. It will be the best birthday of his life. :v:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

It's probably for the best he celebrates alone. If Arino stopped by he would just make fun of his girl pants again.

Dominic White posted:

I'm such a shameless dork. When Arino asks 'Is that a Zaku?' I immediately reply (under my breath) 'That's no Zaku, boy. No Zaku!'.

And then he says it.

Sign of a wasted youth, eh?

Zaku's are from Gundam, right? What's the context of that line, anyhow?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Obeast posted:

Nah, Arino will be there and get frustrated when he can't blow out the candle after many tries. Then, Abe would show up, cook himself a nice dinner, grab a beer from Inoue's fridge, and silently eat it as he watches Inoue try to blow out the candles. It will be the best birthday of his life. :v:

The fridge could be entirely empty and Abe would still be able to grab a beer from inside.

He's that badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was amazed by the unusually humane treatment of the female AD. She got to play! They should have just told Arino the pause trick on yellow devil.

Such a fine release. You guys are the guys.