Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Yamaha XS for sale, minor rust, needs carb work. Buyer is responsible for transport.
edit: New page ruining my joke :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
No title, but I'll give you a worthless bill of sale. $1200 NO LOWBALLERS NO I DONT HAVE A CHAINSAW SO DONT ASK

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

AncientTV posted:

This paintjob is called "More Money Than Sense"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsBIadZ4xA

When I was younger, I loved the idea of nitrous purges. Up until today, I still had a lingering fondness for them. But thanks to that video, they will now forever be associated with the faintly orgasmic exhortations of some useless dickbag.

Also, I have to laugh at him raising up the tank. My thought progression was "Ok, I guess if you work on the bike a bunch and are tuning...how the gently caress are you supposed to get your hands in there....oh goddamnit!" :mad:

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Ungh. I know its probably not a main concern but how much extra weight does that poo poo add? Also whats tge loving point of blutooth control - i can barely use my phone on the bike let alone whip out tge blackberry and stylus to show off my mad tyte stylez at a set of light.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I love that thats a site that exists

Me too

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibjoepk8DQ&feature=player_embedded

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
A few 70 degree days in a row mean the mountains are ice free. So I drove through a canyon and up a mountain to buy Mass Effect 3.

Surly
Oct 3, 2003
Looks out for one guy; Surly
Is it even possible to see a stock Hayabusa on the street anymore?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of my father's friends supposedly has one, but I've never actually seen it.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Surly posted:

the Type R Integra of motorcycles?

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

I saw a stock one last Saturday. It was an older guy riding it though which may explain it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

the Type R Integra of motorcycles?

No, that would be the 50th anniversary edition Yamaha R1 and R6. Amazingly beautiful but every single one I find on craigslist has either been downed or has a reconstructed title.

Every once in a while you see a clean one but they get snapped up pretty quick.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

No, that would be the 50th anniversary edition Yamaha R1 and R6. Amazingly beautiful but every single one I find on craigslist has either been downed or has a reconstructed title.

Every once in a while you see a clean one but they get snapped up pretty quick.

I've never understood those bikes. Just a paintjob over a stock R6/R1. And a plate on the triple or something.

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

Surly posted:

Sure, I know of plenty. It's just that it's a decent bike that looks interesting, and the platform allows for easy modifications in all sorts of directions.

(Mine isn't stock either, but I haven't touched the paint and there's no chrome...)

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Z3n posted:

I've never understood those bikes. Just a paintjob over a stock R6/R1. And a plate on the triple or something.

"I upgraded for the Raven model, it matches my tattoos"

E: I do think the Kenny Roberts color scheme looks cool.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 7, 2012

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Surly posted:

What do you consider stock? I saw one last week while I was out riding that was actually driving around kind of slow that the only chance appeared to be drop-in lovely green HIDs.

ReggieCelsius
Feb 1, 2007

snortsly
Just a couple of pics from Vietnam. I have a few more on my camera- will upload later

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Is this

seriously the whole engine for that thing? And it carries three people, a big squishy driver's seat, and all that canopy stuff? Riding it must be...underwhelming.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Seat beads add like 40 HP

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Sagebrush posted:

Is this

seriously the whole engine for that thing? And it carries three people, a big squishy driver's seat, and all that canopy stuff? Riding it must be...underwhelming.

If it's one of those lifan 125s it'd a little bit quicker than you'd think. Just a little though.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush posted:

Is this

I figure it tops out around 30.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

And three people is an underestimation of how many people you can get in one of those after a night of silliness.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

AncientTV posted:

This paintjob is called "More Money Than Sense"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsBIadZ4xA

This is like, the Anti-Motorcycle

1) Take high performance bike
2) Add one or more things in the interest of 'performance'
2) Excessively customize to the point where it can no longer be considered a functional bike

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ReggieCelsius posted:

Just a couple of pics from Vietnam. I have a few more on my camera- will upload later

Eye spy a cx650 wheel in the front and some rather rare ABE's in the rear.
That cart is baller.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

When I was younger, I loved the idea of nitrous purges. Up until today, I still had a lingering fondness for them. But thanks to that video, they will now forever be associated with the faintly orgasmic exhortations of some useless dickbag.

Also, I have to laugh at him raising up the tank. My thought progression was "Ok, I guess if you work on the bike a bunch and are tuning...how the gently caress are you supposed to get your hands in there....oh goddamnit!" :mad:

Nitrispurgis! Nitrispurgis...nitrispurgis.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

nullscan posted:

And three people is an underestimation of how many people you can get in one of those after a night of silliness.
It's the kind of thing that's so self-evident to anyone who's been to SE Asia :)

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003
High Pucker Factor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNcZyDSM6GI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Friend showed me a thing:
http://silodrome.com/wunderlich-bmw-s1000-rr-madmax/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It has always seemed to me that carving up a highly publicized and highly trafficked road where thousands of other people go every day to do the same thing is, well, lame. It's such a famous and popular stretch of road that there's at least one guy who makes his living doing nothing but taking photos of all the riders going by one after another. And some people apparently ride the same route every day, religiously. What's the appeal? Where's the adventure in all of that?

Maybe I just like the exploration aspect of riding/driving -- going places that I've never been before and discovering new things. Mulholland Highway just seems to me like the Disneyworld of motorcycling.

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003
It would be fun when the road is new to you, but I would think it would become increasingly aggravating the more you had to deal with it.

Most people probably just love the attention from the onlookers.

Here's something a little more daring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83wUqn7_GwU&nomobile=1

Dellikose fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 8, 2012

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Sagebrush posted:

Mulholland Highway just seems to me like the Disneyworldland of motorcycling.
It is near Anaheim, not Orlando. But the photographer does go by "rnickeymouse" - so I think you're even closer to reality than you initially imagined.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Dellikose posted:

It would be fun when the road is new to you, but I would think it would become increasingly aggravating the more you had to deal with it.

Isn't that a goon? And also a moron for doing such a thing?

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Dellikose posted:

wth kind of truck is that? It looks more like a 20' high powered shopping cart...

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Maybe I just like the exploration aspect of riding/driving -- going places that I've never been before and discovering new things. Mulholland Highway just seems to me like the Disneyworld of motorcycling.

Yeah, you have a way different perspective than at least I do when it comes to a road like that. Sure, exploring new roads and having an adventure-style ride is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the appeal of the Snake is that it's basically a race course on public roads. You get this twisty, technical bit of road that you can practice over and over to get really good at. The satisfaction comes from technical mastery of the road and your motorcycle, and there's plenty of excitement in nailing a set of twisties perfectly as there is in adventure style riding.

I mean, it's kind of the same reason racing is addictive. You could apply your same logic to a racetrack - a predictable set of turns thousands of people have ridden on before. That's the kind of conditions you need to really ride on the limit on any given stretch of road or track.

The Disney World of motorcycling is more like the street in front of a biker bar or Daytona Bike Week or something, where there's no skill involved and 100% about aesthetics and image.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

wth kind of truck is that? It looks more like a 20' high powered shopping cart...

It's a crop sprayer, rolling on 60" tires and portal axles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

drat son, spend some time in the midwest! We have some great roads out here!

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Olde Weird Tip posted:

drat son, spend some time in the midwest! We have nothing but corn fields out here!

I come from Illinois, don't you lie!

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Olde Weird Tip posted:

drat son, spend some time in the midwest! We have some great roads out here!

That's the flat area between the water right?

In all seriousness I REALLY want to ride the midwest but getting time off right now isn't happening. I'm saving my off time for an Alaska ride.

On that note is anyone interested in hearing about my stupidly simple storage solution for the DRZ? I managed to add 50+ liters of soft storage to my bike that can be removed in under 30 seconds and adds no mounting weight...

It's a really stupidly simple set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wisconsin hoards all the good roads that IL could have had.