Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Luigi_Cyclone posted:

Posting in this thread to say thank you to Mr. D Bewildering for the new avatar!

E: hello from the goldmine.

Oh wow, people are still taking them :kiddo:

:smith: It's such a shame he hasn't made more panels though. This whole experience has been like a lesson in using GIMP for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I am in love with this thread.

The avatar I want got taken, what happens if I use it, everyone hates me for being unoriginal? Just they guy that has the same avatar?

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

uwaeve posted:

The avatar I want got taken, what happens if I use it, everyone hates me for being unoriginal? Just they guy that has the same avatar?

Good form dictates first come, first served. Besides there's millions of awesome ones in both the comics and the youtube series.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This thread is truly amazing, as is Lazerbot's magnum opus. I only wish I could draw worth a good goddamn in order to contribute. (I'm picturing a "Guernica" variation with the many doomed characters from the end-of-Chapter-4 team fight, their distorted agonies representing the ultimate futility of troll war.)

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

spregalia posted:

Good form dictates first come, first served. Besides there's millions of awesome ones in both the comics and the youtube series.

I would kind of rather be the guy in poor form with an avatar I like than...

oh, whatever, I'll just keep embracing my retard baby avatar for a while longer. Just got excited because nothing has excited me as an avatar like WHAT? I HAVE NO loving EARS has.

drat you, HarkToTheLoons or whatever...

I mean, congratulations on you sweet avatar.

I SAID CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SWEET AVATAR. Are you loving deaf?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Wear it with pride, son. Or just save your money.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

It's a shame that this thread is slowing down. I've read the whole thing, but it's been kind of a blur. Did anyone create an avatar of shadow saying "Dumbass will learn"??? I would so loving buy that avatar.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

Moai Ou posted:

I spent entirely too much time on this.

(Click for huge)

Crisis on Infinite Earths #7 for reference.

This is hilarious. I especially love how Shadow is giving the finger to Bugs.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

PS. I can't figure out how to deal with artifacts.
Now, I'm not "educated" or "literate," but there is a specific typeface I'm thinking of, and I can't remember the name. I know it was used in the Renaissance (or possibly based off Renaissance typefaces?), it has a distinctive-looking M, and some fancy letters nerd said it "was the most beautiful font ever" or some poo poo. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I was gonna use that but said gently caress it.

Maybe you're thinking of some form of "uncial," because that's a very beautiful book-hand (and was used for renowned manuscripts such as the Book of Kells), and it does have a distinctive m (which is made with rounded strokes, so that the bottom legs are sort of curved under). Its regular use was way prior to the renaissance (more like 3rd-8th c), but when people want something to look fancy they will often re-use old scripts for just titles, etc. (the word "Prince" does look like uncial.) So I'd look up that.

I just caught up with this thread over the course of a few days and I cannot stop loving thinking about Tails Gets Trolled and how amazing it is.

I also loving loved that Pieta bugs/daffy a few pages back, I was hoping someone would do exactly that.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Shiran posted:

This is hilarious. I especially love how Shadow is giving the finger to Bugs.

loving gay rabbit and his gay loving duck friend ruined the awesome plan!

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

Terrible news from his deviantart account:

lazerbot posted:

well i just got back from seeing he computer guy and it turns out to be worse then i thought. well from what the guy said my laptop must of be hit or droped pretty hard and it turns out its not fixible the only way to to fix the no mouse problem is to get a new loving laptop witch wont happen any time soon so im pretty much hosed here. im loving pissed right now i dont know if this is carma giving me the loving fingure. so thats it im sorry. loving damnit. this is pissing me off

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

23 Flavors posted:

Time to start a fundraiser.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Diqnol posted:

Time to start a fundraiser.

Didn't he say he doesn't want our money?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

23 Flavors posted:

My mouse is hosed time for a whole new computer!

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
poo poo, I have a computer I'm looking to dump. It's 5-6 years old but I'd ship it to him.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think this is worth donating a computer for especially considering that he's probably lying and just wants an excuse to stop doing the comic

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hsien-Ko posted:

I don't think this is worth donating a computer for especially considering that he's probably lying and just wants an excuse to stop doing the comic
Bingo.

What a shame. We ruined the best thing ever.
Kind of a catch-22. We either learn about the comic and it stops at the current chapter because the comic creator gets embarrassed, or the comic never gets shared in the first place and it gets completed, but no one ever sees it.

drat.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

uwaeve posted:

Just flip the image horizontally.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

JazzFlight posted:

Bingo.

Kind of a catch-22. We either learn about the comic and it stops at the current chapter because the comic creator gets embarrassed, or the comic never gets shared in the first place and it gets completed, but no one ever sees it.

drat.

Same thing happened with Chris-Chan, although arguably the comic would've been much less funny without the trolls who discovered him through Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Wotan
Aug 15, 2009

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Gaseous Snake posted:

My mouse is hosed time for a whole new computer!

It's just carma giving him the loving fingure.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
If he quits, we could finish it. The ultimate gently caress you to trolls is having them become you. It's all so obvious.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wojtek posted:

If he quits, we could finish it. The ultimate gently caress you to trolls is having them become you. It's all so obvious.
THE DIE IS CAST!!

Say hello to the next Zybourne Clock

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wojtek posted:

I would love to see even just an entire page done in the Orthodox icon style.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

vyelkin posted:

I would love to see even just an entire page done in the Orthodox icon style.

Don't you tempt me. I'm still having trouble keeping myself from rendering Tails Gets Trolled Guernica-style.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

JazzFlight posted:

Bingo.

drat.

Welcome to the world of Outsider art.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wait, did he draw this all with a trackpad or something?

:stare:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If anyone does try to finish it the requirement should be that it has to be concluded within 4-8 panels.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

NoneSuch posted:

If anyone does try to finish it the requirement should be that it has to be concluded within 4-8 panels.

"NO SHADOW YOU ARE THE TROLLS"
and then shadow was the trolls

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

NoneSuch posted:

But not while there's still hope he could finish it himself. I believe. :colbert:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I just found this, he can't take it away from me now :gonk:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Antivehicular posted:

"NO SHADOW YOU ARE THE TROLLS"
and then shadow was the trolls

Well, Shadow used to be a troll...

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

JazzFlight posted:

Bingo.

drat.

False dichotomy. If we had discovered it later on when he had finished the comic... :smug:

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Heran Bago posted:

Just flip the image horizontally.

You know, this isn't a bad idea. In fact, "What? I have no loving ears" written backwards would probably still male me laugh.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's a loving awesome plan.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
We should donate him a crappy but usable computer so he won't have an excuse but at the same time doesn't get anything valuable out of this whole thing. Maybe thematically 'customize' it a 'little', like a functional P-P-P-Powerbook.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 10, 2012

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

quote:

Sonic the Hedgehog attracts the dumbest loving fans, did anybody find a real reason behind why this is?

It was discussed briefly earlier in the thread.

quote:

quote:

Sonic and his animal buddies are all drawn with extremely exaggerated expressions. If you're the kind of person who has trouble picking up on non-verbal communication such as eye-contact and facial expressions, then the fact that Sonic has huge eyes and amplified emotions might make him easier to identify with than other people.
This is indeed it. It's the same reason why so many autistic kids love the hell out of Thomas the Tank Engine.

EDIT: That combined with the fact that when you're ten, Sonic comes across as the coolest loving thing in the world.

I suspect the reasons why My Little Pony is so popular are similar. There must be a direct correlation between characters' eye size and the intensity of a fandom.

Stottie Kyek posted:

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in my early teens. The psychiatrist was not at all surprised to hear that I loved the poo poo out of Thomas the Tank Engine when I was little. I still have a set of the die-cast toys of the first ten trains somewhere in the attic. :3:

I was never massively into animes or anime figures like Sonic,

You're missing out dude.

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
I say we donate a lovely computer with an adequate mouse. That way he would have the precision of say a Mx 500-something and no excuse not to finish this comic. We have nothing to lose really. I do not believe that goons are to finish this epic when there still is a chance for it to be completed by ITS CREATOR.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
It isn't as though he can't just draw the thing on paper and have a friend scan it.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

MustelaFuro posted:

It isn't as though he can't just draw the thing on paper and have a friend scan it.

Actually, seems like there's a problem with that. Truly this is a dark day for all of mankind. I'm so mad, I'm going to have sex with my girlfriend so I won't be so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

Tacostein posted:

I say we donate a lovely computer with an adequate mouse. That way he would have the precision of say a Mx 500-something and no excuse not to finish this comic. We have nothing to lose really. I do not believe that goons are to finish this epic when there still is a chance for it to be completed by ITS CREATOR.

Patience. You can't rush genius.