Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

23 Flavors posted:

Same thing happened with Chris-Chan, although arguably the comic would've been much less funny without the trolls who discovered him through Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Did you see the new videos? He's going farther and farther off the deep end every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Did you see the new videos? He's going farther and farther off the deep end every month.

I did catch some recent Chris-chan videos and I think that recent arrest is taking its toll on him. When it comes to him though, I can only peek through those cobwebs once every six months or so. It gets to be too much, any more frequently than that.

As far as lazerbot goes, goons might not have ruined this. He probably would've wandered away from the comic anyhow. Kids aren't usually committed to the product of their time-frittering nonsense.

R.I.P. sonic
and fiends,
you're carma
was just
to good.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

James Trickington posted:

I think that recent arrest is taking its toll on him.

Huh? Chris-chan has been arrested? For what?

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

GyverMac posted:

Huh? Chris-chan has been arrested? For what?

You may or may not know that he was banned from his local game store. Every so often he goes there and kind of tries to bargain to be allowed back in. Last time he brought his mom, things got heated, the manager dude called the cops and they got charged with trespassing, minor assault and resisting arrest. They've had some court dates but there's no concrete sentence yet as far as I know.

....Also he dresses as a woman, that's kind of there too.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

If you want to discuss CWC, why not use one of the many, many sites dedicated to trolling him instead of making GBS threads up the lazerbot thread?

Sue fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 10, 2012

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

withheldmcfakename posted:

You may or may not know that he was banned from his local game store. Every so often he goes there and kind of tries to bargain to be allowed back in. Last time he brought his mom, things got heated, the manager dude called the cops and they got charged with trespassing, minor assault and resisting arrest. They've had some court dates but there's no concrete sentence yet as far as I know.

What did he do to get banned in the first place? :psyduck:

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

withheldmcfakename posted:

There's nothing weird or wrong about that.

One and the Same posted:

What did he do to get banned in the first place? :psyduck:

Com'mon, man, he's Chris-chan.

What are the odds of lb finishing this thing? I have no problem throwing down some fannon if he stops. In order to have a similar effect I think I would have to time-limit myself on each panel and then submit it regardless of the result.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

LazerBot if you do read this, it's okay to tell us you just don't want to do it any more. No need to string us along with promises of "When the computer's fixed..."

We can take it, and we won't hate you.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
Yeah, I don't think we need to donate things to him, it would create a lot of pressure to live up to the gifts. Having no resolution is kind of fitting, anyway.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

The Worst Unicorn posted:

Yeah, I don't think we need to donate things to him, it would create a lot of pressure to live up to the gifts. Having no resolution is kind of fitting, anyway.

And, in the end, Lazerbot was the ultimate troll. Yet we deserved it, because we accepted the trolling, just like Tails.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Looks like dumbass did learn. The dumbass was you and me.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

The Worst Unicorn posted:

It's OK to have bite-sized morsels of fun on SA. It's like those little Whoopie Pies at Starbucks. They aren't filling, but they're a very nice treat.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

simplefish posted:

LazerBot if you do read this, it's okay to tell us you just don't want to do it any more.

Exactly. We can't take the not knowing. Is it us? You can say if it's us. I mean, everyone always says "It's not you, it's me," but I want you to be honest with us.

We had some good times, didn't we? High shoveling over stolen corn dogs and brisk, introducing the Hulk spontaneously into a script that didn't really have a place for him, coming up with brilliant ways to deflect trolls...

Just tell us. Is it over? Forever?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Adding to the chorus of "be honest, lazerbot." If it really is an equipment issue, I'm pretty sure the goons could get you a functional computer to get you back on your feet... but if you're just not into it anymore, that's okay too. I'm being completely non-sarcastic when I say you've given me and the rest of the thread a lot of joy, and you don't owe us anything.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I've been silent up to now, just riding this coaster wherever it goes, feeling no need to input, but this latest topic has compelled me to add my voice to the chorus.

Lazerbot, you don't know what goons are capable of. If you simply asked, I'm sure you would not only receive a computer, but a fairly decent one. We like your work, we like what you have here. It's good. But with it unfinished, it has not reached its full potential. Please, don't leave us hanging. Take us up on our offer.

If you do, I personally will kick in $50. At least.

e: And if you are genuinely finished, if your creative impetus has run its course, tell us that, and we will write this tale a worthy conclusion.

ananke
Mar 13, 2004
the blandest of the bland
Doubt it's equipment failure, as very few laptops have USB ports on a single side. Usually if one side is jacked up due to damage or faulty hardware, the other side works fine. If Lazer has a USB port on another side and that isn't working either, it's probably software. Upper filters on his mouse could be screwed up, or something along those lines.

I am curious if his touchpad still works.

But yeah, he's probably just using it as a way to bow out. Bummer.

Edit: Lazerbot, if you read this, shoot an e-mail to SAAnanke@gmail.com and I'll send you detailed instructions on how to potentially fix your issue.

ananke fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 11, 2012

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

ananke posted:

Doubt it's equipment failure, as very few laptops have USB ports on a single side. Usually if one side is jacked up due to damage or faulty hardware, the other side works fine. If Lazer has a USB port on another side and that isn't working either, it's probably software. Upper filters on his mouse could be screwed up, or something along those lines.

I am curious if his touchpad still works.

But yeah, he's probably just using it as a way to bow out. Bummer.

Edit: Lazerbot, if you read this, shoot an e-mail to SAAnanke@gmail.com and I'll send you detailed instructions on how to potentially fix your issue.

His touchpad does still work but he has said he doesn't like drawing with it and honestly I don't blame him. I hate using the touchpad.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
This was a great ride... but would you Goons please stop offering money or a new computer. God drat people. I enjoyed the insanity too, but just stop.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Someone in another thread linked to some Sonic Archie comics page, where I found this:

http://sonicsatam.com/prettysideofpain/0Archie/0archie_tailshurrr.jpg

To inspire a master :allears:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

hahahah look at that noob.
what a talentless looking
fox

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Hey Lazerbot, making comics on the internet about trolling is fun, but it's no fun to troll people about malfunctioning equipment stopping your trolling comic. If you just wish to quit, you can do so at any time, and many fine people will pick up the mantle, and probably do a horrific fantastic thing with it. But if your equipment truly is failing, maybe actually writing about it in english would help people to help you fix it.

I mean, web comics are fun, but what's really fun is helpful tech support, and you can't get help, unless you give help.

Thanks for sharing, thanks for caring.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

i hope you feel like poo poo for ever doubt->
->ing lazerbot you trolls

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Simmerl posted:

glad he is back, looks like bowser is joining the fun.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Simmerl posted:

:woop:
YES. LAZERBOT!

Lazerbot posted:

i wasn't lying when i said my computer is messed up and i wasn't lying when i said i would have more of my comic and i wasn't lying when i said i was 20. i had to get on another persons computer to draw this but i also didn't have GIM's so its a down grade back to paint.

Behold, nonbelievers! For he is risen anew, and all his words were sooth.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
I'm happy that he's back, but I'm a little confused.
why is :mario: whistling?

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

cyfad posted:

dumb rear end will
learn ,

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

cyfad posted:

My guess is Yoshi?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Simmerl posted:

Yes. YES.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
That supposed downgrade to paint actually looks better somehow.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Awesome. Go lazerbot go!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Oh, gently caress yeah. Between penguin cams and this, today is the best day ever. :woop:

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
:woop: LB is back!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Lazerbot is posting and everything is beautiful again.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Glad to see that Lazerbot is back in the game (sort of)!

Whistle...

...whistle
WHISTLE Whistle

:dance:

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
I love how Bowser is just standing there shooting fire in the most neutral position I've seen.

Edit: Bowser can fold his own arm into itself also.

Dogbutt fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 11, 2012

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I want to learn how to do a magic whistle that makes my hand catch fire.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Our faith has been rewarded! See? Good things come to those who wait.

To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under Heaven.
A time to troll, and a
time to be trolled,

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
This is without a doubt my favorite panel.
He just looks so chill about it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

hyperhazard posted:

This is without a doubt my favorite panel.
He just looks so chill about it.

Goddammit I just bought this new avatar and I'm so loving tempted to pick this up.

drat you Lazerbot.
drat you to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Starving Wolf posted:

:woop:
YES. LAZERBOT!

Behold, nonbelievers! For he is risen anew, and all his words were sooth.

:woop: :holy: Merry Christmas!!! :holy: :woop:

(For the best effect,please turn your speakers up as loud as you can.)

Dogbutt posted:

I love how Bowser is just standing there shooting fire in the most neutral position I've seen.

Edit: Bowser can fold his own arm into itself also.

No no no, that's foreshortening!

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 11, 2012