Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
gently caress
MANGAFOX
gently caress
MANGAHERE
DEATH TO NOEZ
DEATH TO
JACKY YUNG

... what the hell is this about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Soulcleaver posted:

gently caress
MANGAFOX
gently caress
MANGAHERE
DEATH TO NOEZ
DEATH TO
JACKY YUNG

... what the hell is this about?

Blubbering children trying to monopolize a small amount of credit for somebody else's work.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Rakugoon posted:

Blubbering children trying to monopolize a small amount of credit for somebody else's work.

You sure that Mangafox & co are run by children?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

HenryEx posted:

You sure that Mangafox & co are run by children?

The people translating are the blubbering children

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Frome posted:

The people translating are the blubbering children

I dunno. Seems like a pretty specific group translates Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm grateful for their work.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Vincent Valentine posted:

Without sounding sassy: They looked at the giant. Then they looked at her.

Why the poo poo did they reveal their hand? She's still in human form, loving stab her in the face why are you telling her you know stab her in the faaaaaaaace :argh:

In order to set this up, they made it look like the scouting legion was useless and giving credence to the people saying to just plug up the walls and be done with it. If a giant appears in the inner most part of the city and then the scouting legion takes them down, it will be a wake up call to everyone to get off their asses and take the fight to the giants instead of passively waiting to defend.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Vincent Valentine posted:

Why the poo poo did they reveal their hand? She's still in human form, loving stab her in the face why are you telling her you know stab her in the faaaaaaaace :argh:
The transformation is practically instantaneous so that wouldn't help, and if they keep her talking she might let something important slip.

Trying to lure her underground where she couldn't transform was a great idea though (remember the giants are solar powered). Too bad she caught on.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 10, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Thoren posted:

I dunno. Seems like a pretty specific group translates Shingeki no Kyojin. I'm grateful for their work.

They don't own any part of this manga. They have no say in who puts up their slightly altered pirated scans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 11, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sindai posted:

Trying to lure her underground where she couldn't transform was a great idea though (remember the giants are solar powered). Too bad she caught on.

I don't think giants being solar powered is why they tried to lure her underground. I think it more a matter of geometry; a 20 meter giant is going to have trouble in an 8 meter tunnel.

Stop
Nov 27, 2005

I like every pitch, no matter where it is.
Wrong topic

Stop fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 11, 2012

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Stop posted:

I just realized that you can sabotage Cerberus turrets.

Also what units see through cloak? I keep getting rocketed and sniped while im clearly cloaked. What's the mechanic?

I was going to ask you how you can get lost so badly, but... An Advance of the Giants game would be awesome.

... There isn`t one, right?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

It'll be a dating sim. :negative:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jostiband posted:

It'll be a dating sim. :negative:

I'm sure the vores would love it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I love the poo poo out of this manga. And she has to absolutely, positively, pay in a most serious manner for this poo poo. You don't get a pass for doing whatever duty the secret King of the city or whatever told you to do. I don't care for her reasons. She did some heinous, heinous poo poo and she has to pay.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Nilbop posted:

I love the poo poo out of this manga. And she has to absolutely, positively, pay in a most serious manner for this poo poo. You don't get a pass for doing whatever duty the secret King of the city or whatever told you to do. I don't care for her reasons. She did some heinous, heinous poo poo and she has to pay.

Considering the tone of the manga I wouldn't be surprised that they would make her quadriplegic the moment they somehow restrain her.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't think giants being solar powered is why they tried to lure her underground. I think it more a matter of geometry; a 20 meter giant is going to have trouble in an 8 meter tunnel.

which begs the question: why dont they all build/live underground?!?!?!? :wth:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

No, that was exactly it. Remember when Eren couldn't transform when he was down in the well, away from the sunlight?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

appledan posted:

which begs the question: why dont they all build/live underground?!?!?!? :wth:

They mention how they tried it in this chapter, but the project was abandoned for some reason. Probably something to do with the higher ups, or maybe they were afraid the giants would just stomp really hard and completely gently caress their poo poo sideways.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

TheHan posted:

They mention how they tried it in this chapter, but the project was abandoned for some reason. Probably something to do with the higher ups, or maybe they were afraid the giants would just stomp really hard and completely gently caress their poo poo sideways.
been getting owned by giants for 100 yrs you'd think there'd be an equivalent of an underground bombshelter or something to book it away so sad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

No, that was exactly it. Remember when Eren couldn't transform when he was down in the well, away from the sunlight?

Dude, Eren's first transformation was from the inside of a giant's stomach. Sunlight's not an issue. He couldn't transform in the well because he didn't have a 'need' that would be met by transforming. Didn't they explicitly state this?

Sled
May 20, 2004

Musashi not only wields a sword but also a pair of pistols.
Well, given about what the end of the chapter implied, she has no choice but to get her poo poo pushed in, even if she's killing a bunch of people that aren't Eren or Mikasa. Whatever she's got coming for her, she's getting.

(although, I want to say they hamstring her before anything like that happens, but look what happened last time they tried that)

Also, solar power? :tinfoil: Where did that come from?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sledeau posted:

Also, solar power? :tinfoil: Where did that come from?
I think from an earlier chapter, where it said that titans enter torpor during the night

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It also explains why they don't eat anything but humans and don't actually digest the humans they eat. :science:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We don't know how fast they go inactive out of sunlight.

The idea about the tunnel was probably far more to do with just putting her in a confined space where she couldn't transform

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Breaky posted:

We don't know how fast they go inactive out of sunlight.

The idea about the tunnel was probably far more to do with just putting her in a confined space where she couldn't transform

There's no reason both ideas couldn't figure into their plan.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sindai posted:

It also explains why they don't eat anything but humans and don't actually digest the humans they eat. :science:
Eh? How's that?

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jackard posted:

Eh? How's that?

They run on the sun's energy and not what they put in their mouths.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

This manga is loving amazing.

Did Eren not know about the plan? Is that why he says what he says? Or does he just not want it to be true?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kraus posted:

There's no reason both ideas couldn't figure into their plan.

Sure.

Just given what we know, its absolutely because of space issues and maybe because of the other.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Did Eren not know about the plan? Is that why he says what he says? Or does he just not want it to be true?

I got the feeling that he knew the plan, but desperately wanted Armin to be wrong about Annie being the female giant.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Simstim posted:

Spoilery tuff

Ah. I'll have to go back and read.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She really shot herself in the foot when she spared Armin. Eren's primary talent aside from turning into a titan is hand to hand combat. The list of people who Armin knew and were considerably better than Eren at martial arts is very, very short.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Lamebot posted:

Considering the tone of the manga I wouldn't be surprised that they would make her quadriplegic the moment they somehow restrain her.

There's also the fact that this chapter made a point that "good" and "evil" is a relative term. So expect some hideously complex motivation and/or plot twist.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

davidHalestorm posted:

There's also the fact that this chapter made a point that "good" and "evil" is a relative term. So expect some hideously complex motivation and/or plot twist.

Well there is, this is how good the writing is, this whole thing was forshadowed back when the giants attacked the second wall. Annie inexpicably for no reason said she was sorry and someone (I think Jean) didn't understand why she said that and told her it wasn't her fault.

She spared her friends Armin, Jean and Ryner when she was on her murder rampage, looked distraught when Armin said Eren was dead, in her fight with Eren you can tell she intitally didn't want to fight with him but he gave her no choice, and when Rivaille saved Eren he looked back and noticed the female giant crying

Finally in the last chapter she was talking about how she is a rotten person for just going with the flow instead of standing for something like Eren or that good-hearted police guy

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Simstim posted:

Finally in the last chapter she was talking about how she is a rotten person for just going with the flow instead of standing for something like Eren or that good-hearted police guy
Wow. I feel kind of dense now. I praised the interesting sentiment about how it was a sign of a bad organization if it couldn't handle normal/bad people in it without realizing that it was really talking about whatever conspiracy it is that Annie belonged to, and not the Military Police at all.

Kneel Before Zog
Jan 16, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I have this problem of dropping manga after a while and forgetting where I picked up and then wanting to jump right into the best parts of the story. Where would be a good place to jump into thats around the half way mark? The start of a new arc preferably ?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It's strange. I want there to be an animated adaptation of this manga, but I don't really know of any studios that would do this series justice and CG giants would just kill me.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Level Slide posted:

It's strange. I want there to be an animated adaptation of this manga, but I don't really know of any studios that would do this series justice and CG giants would just kill me.

This series lives and dies on tone. Look what happened to Bleach when they animated it.

At best hope for an OVA.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Eiba posted:

Wow. I feel kind of dense now. I praised the interesting sentiment about how it was a sign of a bad organization if it couldn't handle normal/bad people in it without realizing that it was really talking about whatever conspiracy it is that Annie belonged to, and not the Military Police at all.

Nah, she was talking about both. Though I'm not sure if the goal of the human Titans is to force humanity free of the stifling walled life, or some sort of nihilistic gently caress humanity their time is done doomsday thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Level Slide posted:

I was thinking on this, too. Personally I don't think an anime would be able to capture the art style without a huge budget.