Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Casu Marzu posted:

At least we don't have poop shelves on our toilets.

Who has that?

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
So uh... HH, what part of the world did that impressive display come from? Just askin...you know...so I can avoid that part of the world forever.

Oh, and of course that's what a snow party is. Wiggles is just too baller for us.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

No... it sounds like yet another one of your weird american sexual practices...

Paging Squashy. :fap:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

pnumoman posted:

So uh... HH, what part of the world did that impressive display come from? Just askin...you know...so I can avoid that part of the world forever.

Oh, and of course that's what a snow party is. Wiggles is just too baller for us.

US of A!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

US of A!

:ughh:Of course.

I swear, every since I got my US citizenship, I regret it more and more. But only until the next news item about North Korea pops up; when that happens, I just smile and feel secure in the knowledge that the US has a grossly overpowered army and I live thousands of miles away from a peninsula still technically at war.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Phummus posted:

If its acid errosion of your throat it is semi-permanent. First, you'll be given the option to have the throat stretching done under a local or a general anesthesia. The correct answer here is general every time. They'll say "Lets try it with local first" to which you answer "No loving way"

The time between stretchings varies, but is usually between every 6 months to every couple years.

Expect about a day for recovery time.

Yeah, if it comes to that there's not a chance I'd let them do it without a general.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Halalelujah posted:

It helps with fasting during Lent.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

At least we don't have poop shelves on our toilets.
Inspection platforms! I got very excited when I saw one of these in Berlin (in Wim Wenders's editing suite, actually); I even sent my wife a picture of it (unoccupied, of course).

To celebrate my resignation I've cracked open a bottle of cheap red someone gifted us to drink while I cook dinner. That'll do, pig, that'll do.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

therattle posted:

Inspection platforms! I got very excited when I saw one of these in Berlin (in Wim Wenders's editing suite, actually); I even sent my wife a picture of it (unoccupied, of course).

To celebrate my resignation I've cracked open a bottle of cheap red someone gifted us to drink while I cook dinner. That'll do, pig, that'll do.

Do you know Wim? How is he? That's super cool.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

therattle posted:

Poop shelves are also common in Russia.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Halalelujah posted:

Do you know Wim? How is he? That's super cool.
Not well, but a bit. He is a very nice and decent man. We sell his library and have sold and exec produced his last four films, including Pina. I got to use said toilet when we went to see a fine cut of Pina in summer 2010, while he was finishing the edit. (Great film, by the way)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I now know way too much about toilets. I knew "toilet inspection shelf" was a bad idea when I typed it into the search bar.

Freud was a crazy person.

Call me a spoiled out-of-touch first world white person, but I am totally okay with the fact that I interact with my poo poo as little as possible.

kiteless
Aug 31, 2003

with this bracken for a blanket, where these limbs stick out like bones

Phummus posted:

If its acid errosion of your throat it is semi-permanent. First, you'll be given the option to have the throat stretching done under a local or a general anesthesia. The correct answer here is general every time. They'll say "Lets try it with local first" to which you answer "No loving way"

The time between stretchings varies, but is usually between every 6 months to every couple years.

Expect about a day for recovery time.

Gah that sounds awful.
And yeah, I had to have an operation on my nose where they cut then peel the skin up like in a rhinoplasty. Surgeon said "we can do this with local" to which I said "there is no loving way in hell". The next 4 days were awful, thank god for vicodin.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Wroughtirony posted:

I now know way too much about toilets. I knew "toilet inspection shelf" was a bad idea when I typed it into the search bar.

Freud was a crazy person.

Call me a spoiled out-of-touch first world white person, but I am totally okay with the fact that I interact with my poo poo as little as possible.
Poo is awesome! I'd love an inspection platform.

Freud was a crazy person, but Jung was nuts.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

therattle posted:

Not well, but a bit. He is a very nice and decent man. We sell his library and have sold and exec produced his last four films, including Pina. I got to use said toilet when we went to see a fine cut of Pina in summer 2010, while he was finishing the edit. (Great film, by the way)
So why the gently caress isn't Im Lauf der Zeit/Kings of the Road (1976) available in North America?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

So why the gently caress isn't Im Lauf der Zeit/Kings of the Road (1976) available in North America?
I could actually find that out for you quite easily if you like. It's definitely part of the library we sell. Do you have a multi-region DVD player?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

therattle posted:

I could actually find that out for you quite easily if you like. It's definitely part of the library we sell. Do you have a multi-region DVD player?
Yeah, and I don't have any trouble ordering non-R1 DVDs and so on from overseas. It's just baffling that it isn't available in North America, especially since the other two films in the road trilogy are. As a result it's one of those films that nobody seems to know, despite it being one of the best films of the '70s.

Is it because of the guy taking a dump? I bet it's because of the guy taking a dump.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Phummus posted:

The correct answer here is general every time. They'll say "Lets try it with local first" to which you answer "No loving way"

When given the option, this is always the correct response, regardless of the surgery.

Steve Yun posted:

Poop shelves are also common in Russia.

Sadly, I know this from personal experience... although it was still the USSR when I was there. I don't know why the gently caress you'd ever design a toilet like that.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Paging Squashy. :fap:

Heh? These days I'm too tired from the new job to get too freaky. The GF slept over last night, and all we did was gently caress. Well, OK, nipple clamps were involved, but vanilla people use those too, right?

Speaking of the new job... I lost 9 pounds in 4 days. While I certainly need to lose some weight, I don't really think that this is a good way to do it. :(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

Sadly, I know this from personal experience... although it was still the USSR when I was there. I don't know why the gently caress you'd ever design a toilet like that.

Actually I learned about it from my friend who also visited when it was the USSR. He got into an argument with someone there about poop shelves vs water bowls.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Trader Joe's chicken sausages are kinda bleh.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Trader Joe's chicken sausages are kinda bleh.

fixed it for you

i shoot friendlies
Jun 25, 2007

GrAviTy84 posted:

fixed it for you

BOO-YA!

Can icing made with milk be left out, or does it have to be refrigerated? I know a huge subset of people "would never use milk in icing!!!!!!" but that is irrelevant to my question. My concern is if it will spoil if it has a couple tablespoons of milk. Any of you bacteriologists have an opinion on this?

Also, where is Worldmaker?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

i shoot friendlies posted:

BOO-YA!

Can icing made with milk be left out, or does it have to be refrigerated? I know a huge subset of people "would never use milk in icing!!!!!!" but that is irrelevant to my question. My concern is if it will spoil if it has a couple tablespoons of milk. Any of you bacteriologists have an opinion on this?

Also, where is Worldmaker?

Define left out. If it's out overnight, like, on a cupcake, I'd still eat it the next day. Sitting in a bowl on the counter for several days might be iffy, but with that much sugar in there it's probably not worth worrying about.

On an iced cake: sure.

In a bowl: just put it in the fridge.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Heh? These days I'm too tired from the new job to get too freaky. The GF slept over last night, and all we did was gently caress. Well, OK, nipple clamps were involved, but vanilla people use those too, right?

Pretty sure that once people start investing in fuckin' hardware they're beginning to edge away from vanilla.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I like to call them "fucktools".

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

When I was working at a hotel in Austin, a BDSM group would have a luncheon every month. One time, for whatever reason we were down a server and I ended up waiting on them. When I was taking dessert orders one guy ordered a cup of vanilla ice cream. I looked at him and said "Vanilla? Really?" It took about five seconds until he figured out what I meant, and then the whole room cracked up. I got a really good tip from that group...

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Cooking Sunday dinner with the mates atm. Power just went out. gently caress YOU POWER COMPANY, OUR SPARERIBS NEED HEAT

We're having American-themed night, with beer, ribs, home made fries, calamari, and cheesecake for desert.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'm really getting loving tired of goons and cast iron. it's this huge kitschy thing that only nerds would sperge over, and I mean come on, cast iron is just not something that even pops up on the radar of self-respecting professional cooking.

for whatever reason, goons have started getting gay as gently caress about how cast iron 'never sticks' and the seasoning that they've developed and how their goddamn grandmas passed down this pan which makes their bacon taste like 3x better and meanwhile they don't really even know how to cook and basically all they do is cook steak ala ducasse in their loving lovely pans to a lukewarm grey while stroking their cock to man sized posters of akira or whatever the christ

it's like the neckbearded guys who circlejerk over the extra peaty $120 a bottle scotches they like to drink, but in reality they hardly ever loving drink at all, and when they do they have like half a watered down scotch and are like 'ahhh im living the good life' and then pretend like they're drunk and pass out at 9pm.

case in point, this popped up on my facebook feed today

a spergy neckbeard goon posted:

Innus & Gunn is rapidly becoming my go-to lower ABV, lower-cost sipping beer.

I mean for fucks sake. do you think you're even being clever or ?

a. innus & gunn is poo poo.
b. you think you're namedropping, but you aren't - innus & gunn is poo poo
c. there are like a million other readily available english and scottish real ales that are a billion times better - and you choose innus & gunn, which is poo poo.
d. you think you're being clever and/or manly by suggesting innus & gunn is a low abv beer, but in reality you can't even drink 2 goddamn pbrs without 1. vomitting and/or 2. passing out and
e. there are a number of actually low abv milds available in your state which would be perfectly suitable to your non-drinking of alcohol status, equally as namedroppy, and which wouldn't make you look like a loving oval office on the internet!

loving GOONS AND CAST IRON I SWEAR TO GOD

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 12, 2012

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
u mad bro

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I like good stainless better than cast iron, if that helps. I don't think I've used my cast iron pan for more than half a year.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I appreciate you venting but careful don't wake the physicists again

or physicysts

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Darval posted:

I appreciate you venting but careful don't wake the physicists again

or physicysts

I don't know, I rather enjoy seeing SubG et al delivering smackdowns with :science:

i shoot friendlies
Jun 25, 2007

mindphlux posted:

Heavy-breathing rant

What do you have against cast iron? The mass makes it 3.65 times more resistant to thermal shock than..Ohh nevermind.

On a different topic. Cakeflour. Does it really make a difference? I am making a shortbread and it calls for cake flour. Shortbread is not exactly a light pastry. Does it make a difference?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

i shoot friendlies posted:

On a different topic. Cakeflour. Does it really make a difference? I am making a shortbread and it calls for cake flour. Shortbread is not exactly a light pastry. Does it make a difference?

Yes. Compared to what, though? AP flour? it'll be ground more finely and may have a lower protein content.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Cast iron pan raped my Pa, killed my Ma.

While drunk on fancy scotch.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Cake Flour is lower in one of the proteins that makes gluten, so if you use cake flour, you can mix more than you would with AP flour. Its also milled finer, so it hydrates more quickly.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

GrAviTy84 posted:

fixed it for you
Shut up, my favorite andouille sausage brand is made with chicken. I like being able to eat a couple of links at once without my heart thudding to a dead stop as it does with the pork stuff.

But generally, yeah, chicken sausages are sadface.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

The Macaroni posted:

Shut up, my favorite andouille sausage brand is made with chicken. I like being able to eat a couple of links at once without my heart thudding to a dead stop as it does with the pork stuff.

But generally, yeah, chicken sausages are sadface.

But if your heart doesn't thud to a dead stop, how will you know if a sausage is heart-stoppingly good?

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.

mindphlux posted:

loving GOONS AND CAST IRON I SWEAR TO GOD

Its a tool just like any other tool. I would never bash anyone for having a sentimental attachment to something handed down from their family. I'd love to have something that belonged to my mother that I could associate with my memories of her. Cast iron has that kind of longevity, so its natural that people would be sentimental.

As far as functionality, its a good pan for some things and not for others. No one piece of cookware is the be-all end-all of every recipe. There are things I prefer my cast iron skillet for (pineapple upside down cake, corn bread) over my copper stuff.

To completely dismiss it as a tool because a general consensus of people in a group like it is just as goony and spergy as anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
I like cast iron because I'm poor and I can get a nice old pan at a flea market for $5 that is much better than the crappy stainless that I could afford.
I have one or two nice stainless pieces now too, but the cast iron is still the go-to.
Never heard of Imus and Gin or whatever it was that beer was, but I unironically like PBR as well as good beer and I don't think it's because I'm a shithead.