Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love how short Mario's legs are in the top right panel. It makes him look comically obese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008
Oh God, seeing this thread with 108 new replies made my day. Great snag, NoneSuch.

Wrist Watch posted:

ahahah bowser you can
try all you want but
your nothing but a fail!!

:allears:
That panel with Mario's "Hahaha" is incredible.

Nunez
Feb 21, 2011
Aww. Too bad he didn't decide to make Yoshi talk. I thought he'd come up and say something like, "Whattup fags?" and then constantly talk poo poo about The Hulk or something.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Lazerbot, I have been having a really lovely week and I come back here and now I loving believe in Jesus. Thank you God for this comic! I am also a dumbass who needs to learn. Please teach us the ways of killing all trolls.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The thing that still bothers me the most about this comic is that Daffy suddenly has a problem with getting shot in the head. He's supposed to be made of stronger stuff.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Nunez posted:

Aww. Too bad he didn't decide to make Yoshi talk. I thought he'd come up and say something like, "Whattup fags?" and then constantly talk poo poo about The Hulk or something.
that would make yoshi a troll and Mario is in the business of slaiying trolls not being one

You talentless noob why do I have to explain this poo poo to you is it because you were too busy watching your slut mom get banged by me and my bros?

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

NoneSuch posted:

Don't give it too much credit, the art is still bad and sometimes straight up traced also he seems to have some major issues with gay people. He's pretty good with humour but I'm still not sure how self aware it all is.

True but 90% of webcomics are also poorly drawn and homophobic so I'm really not giving him too much credit anyway :/

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

In Super Mario Bros through Super Mario World when Mario shoots fire he puts his hand to his mouth. I can not believe he put in both that and the blue shell. The whistling was probably for Yoshi but still!

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006
Hahaha, yessss. He is really good with changes of perspective and stuff, I love the row of panels that's like: Fire coming out of Bowser's Mouth/Yoshi catching a shell in mid-toss/Yoshi jumping over the fire like a boss.

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

FadingChord posted:

The thing that still bothers me the most about this comic is that Daffy suddenly has a problem with getting shot in the head. He's supposed to be made of stronger stuff.

He may not be impervious anymore, but judging by his expression he still doesn't care one bit.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

Heran Bago posted:

In Super Mario Bros through Super Mario World when Mario shoots fire he puts his hand to his mouth. I can not believe he put in both that and the blue shell. The whistling was probably for Yoshi but still!

Yeah his knowledge of these older games is really making me doubt that he's 13, pretty sure he's 20 like he says.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
There is literally no way a 13 year old could have played an obscure niche title like Super Mario World. It's been locked in the Disney Vault since 1992.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Heran Bago posted:

He wasn't just throwing overhand? :pwn:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Data Graham posted:

He wasn't just throwing overhand? :pwn:

Pretty sure he was, but that didn't prevent other kids telling me he was blowing it out his mouth or shooting it out his nose.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

23 Flavors posted:

Yeah his knowledge of these older games is really making me doubt that he's 13, pretty sure he's 20 like he says.

I've got 200,000 Super Mario World LPs on youtube that say otherwise.

ExtrematronSA
Feb 14, 2012
Holy poo poo. I'm surprised nobody noticed this.

Back before the new pages were put up, you guys were complaining about how Hulk never did anything. And lo behold, right after he discovered this forum and started updating again, he not only had Hulk do something, but also have him lampshade his inactivity earlier in the comic. That means Lazerbot is actually responding to constructive criticism and fan input.

Okay, sure the comic is still misanthropic and homophobic as poo poo (which is more excusable since the creator IS probably 13-15), but that already makes it, and lazerbot, ten times better than Sonichu and other web-comic atrocities and their creators featured on this forum.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
I do think it's a little odd he includes Emerl, who was only in one obscure Sonic title that came out almost a decade ago.

Although I guess he makes it clear he's a Sonic fan.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Drunkboxer posted:

Pretty sure he was, but that didn't prevent other kids telling me he was blowing it out his mouth or shooting it out his nose.

Yeah exactly, I always thought he was digging his nose and throwing flaming snot or someshit. You can tell which kids grew up with chronic nosepicker daddies.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Wildeyes posted:

I do think it's a little odd he includes Emerl, who was only in one obscure Sonic title that came out almost a decade ago.

I recognize the character somehow so it's probably been in the cartoons or a recent game. A quick search says he was in Sonic X but I never watched it.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

ExtrematronSA posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm surprised nobody noticed this.

Back before the new pages were put up, you guys were complaining about how Hulk never did anything. And lo behold, right after he discovered this forum and started updating again, he not only had Hulk do something, but also have him lampshade his inactivity earlier in the comic. That means Lazerbot is actually responding to constructive criticism and fan input.

Okay, sure the comic is still misanthropic and homophobic as poo poo (which is more excusable since the creator IS probably 13-15), but that already makes it, and lazerbot, ten times better than Sonichu and other web-comic atrocities and their creators featured on this forum.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this comic. Homophobic, racist, misanthropic, sexist, it doesn't matter. It's pretty much the single greatest thing on the internet right now, and he's competing with cats. Tough market there.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I love how perfectly straight Mario's back is while riding Yoshi

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Wildeyes posted:

Emerl was also in Sonic Advance 3 as a boss, so that's probably where he knows him from.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Emong posted:

Emerl was also in Sonic Advance 3 as a boss, so that's probably where he knows him from.

Except he was redesigned as Gmerl why do i know this poo poo

Metal Gear Biscuit
Aug 29, 2005

Metal Gear Biscuit (n.) - A Bipedal mecha shaped like a biscuit.

Simmerl posted:

i hope you feel like poo poo for ever doubt->
->ing lazerbot you trolls

What's up with Mario's left pupil on this page? It has some sort of starry or shattered design going on in a couple of the panels.

Given lazerbot's incredible knack for subtlety and detail, I am forced to conclude this was intentional. Possibly some form of eye jutsu. :colbert:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

He's a troll in disguise! It's just a Mario Suit! The real plumber is tied up probably in another castle

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Most of the pupils don't seem to match. Oh god, you've made me zoom in and inspect it and now I've noticed that all the characters are lighter on the inside and darker on the edges. It does actually make them look a little better but he uses it alll the time on everything.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

This thread made my entire morning and a good portion of my night. Between the comic's beautiful insanity, the awesome voicework and fan-art. Ten bucks well-spent to catch all this. Lazorbot, please don't stop.

That said, I'm all but certain this is no troll. Everything we're seeing spilled forth onto these MS-Paint screens is, I believe, what is truly, firmly what's within the author's heart, whatever that says about any number of things, and pointing to jokes like "Sorry if the viewers see this as gay" and "I have no loving ears" isn't great evidence to the contrary. I think it's been remarked on before, but he presence of "humor"(I use quotations cause for hilarious as it is unintentionally, most of the actual jokes, including the aforementioned ones, are less "Haha wow so funny" and more "Haha wow this clearly disturbed, illiterate and possibly autistic child is trying to make jokes. So funny"*), even the fourth-wall-breaking stuff, doesn't neccesarily speak to some element of irony or self-awareness. Parody and satire does, but this doesn't really strike me as either of those.

In fact, and I'm ashamed to know this, but it's very common for fanfic authors, particularly of the game/anime nerd variety, to shoehorn in tons of clumsy stabs at cute/snarky self-referential humor everywhere, whether it fits their purpose or not, because snarky humor is edgy and these days, kids that age love edgy poo poo and all their fellow purveyors of (far less glorious)Deviantart garbage do that exact same thing and all their favoritest animes ever are all spastic drama/action/comedy clusterfucks, so of course they're going to try to write in jokes while, most importantly, still being completely sincere.

Not that it matters. Keep up the good work, Lazerbot. *Okay, that cool story, bro bit was pretty funny.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ExtrematronSA posted:

That means Lazerbot is actually responding to constructive criticism and fan input.

And he's not calling us entitled little kids!

Video game journalists should take notice. :colbert:

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I cannot decide which is better,

quote:

this might be off the
subject but what the
hells with your arm
hulk
or

quote:

we need a flawless plan. unlike our last
plans

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
this might be off the
subject but what the
hells wrong with your arm
hulk

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
DONT gently caress
WITH ME rear end
whole

Lazerbot, you are the best. Every time I see a new page I get giddy.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Ha, can someone do an avatar sized "right here buddy" frame?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
MEANWHILE

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

I cannot decide which is better,

or

Its clearly
"we need a flawless plan. unlike our last
plans"

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

But Bowser wasn't part of the loving awesome plan. CONTINUITY

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Wojtek posted:

Ha, can someone do an avatar sized "right here buddy" frame?

I shrunk it down, but the ratio's all off. I tried to fiddle with it so it would still be legible, but someone else may be able to do a better job at fixing it.

original:

alts:

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Every panel is a work of art. I was seriously laughing so hard at this, and I refuse to believe that this isn't a huge con by someone who's actually more self-aware than we think.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Did he gently caress up Hulk's arm and decided to add it to the story instead of making it look normal? Also it gets pointed out by a character who apparently can't see. Clearly Lazerbot is operating on a different level of consciousness from us. Not higher, just different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.

skipThings posted:

MEANWHILE

MEAN
WHILE