Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mug posted:

Cryostasis is a good game, but it's a technical loving toilet. I have a top of the line PC, an older PC with dedicated PhysX hardware card (yeah, a loving PhysX card) and all sorts of bullshit in between.

NOTHING can run Cryostasis properly.

I can more or less do it on my 6870 but, of course, no PhysX. Game doesn't run like it should but it's always above 30FPS if I recall correctly. Excellent game, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Mq posted:

I'm having some sound issues with World of Xeen. On default configuration music occasionally skips enough to be noticeable and annoying.

Did you try different cycles? Sound skipping is often a result of a to high or to low cycles count i think.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I just want to thank Gog and this thread for finally getting me to play Planescape: Torment. I'm about 20 hours into it and it has been such an enjoyable and rich experience. I'm looking forward to playing Baldur's Gate II as well, which I missed when it was a big deal. They really are good old games!

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Cyrostatis rules. The boss fights are particularly hard though. The flare gun ammo is in comically short supply, and you should hoard it like a cat lady for the bosses

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
What's the new thread title mean/refer to?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

anthonypants posted:

Probably a reference to the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter thread, which is stickied at the top of the forum.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

anthonypants posted:

Supporting GOG gets old games out in the limelight so people can get boners over paying to remake them!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Good news, everyone! I managed to find the Cryostasis mod off my external hard drive. (I knew I saved it before!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?40vi08a29a7miv8

Read the readme. The performance comes at a cost.

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!
Gog just tweeted:

"We'll bet our boots you will absolutely love tomorrow's release!"

Sly Boots?

Hussar
Oct 25, 2007

Gravy100 posted:

Gog just tweeted:

Sly Boots?

Their facebook:

Fingers crossed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The System Shock 2 jabs are amazing.

Also now I kind of want to play Albion, even if I remember that game being awful.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

dflanny posted:

As long as Anachronox is in the thread title it's not going to be released on GOG.

See, I told you so! Change the thread title and now Anachronox is going to be released!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Figures they're about to release Anachronox after I ordered a boxed copy on Amazon. :v:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Gravy100 posted:

Gog just tweeted:

Sly Boots?

They must read this thread.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Starhawk64 posted:

Figures they're about to release Anachronox after I ordered a boxed copy on Amazon. :v:

If it's any consolation to you, thank you for activating Murphy's Law.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Be prepared for the most fun filled time.

Also be prepared to have to patch/fix it to buggery. It can be extremely temperamental toward nvidia cards. If necessary I'll post up a quick guide on how to get it to function without constant crashes to desktop.

Hussar
Oct 25, 2007

Another GOG tweet:

Two new releases tomorrow: Cyberpunk Sleuth and Flying Warfare. Can you guess what it is?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Might be more Dynamix games, like Rise of the Dragon (loved that back in the day) and any of the Aces series.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

teethgrinder posted:

Might be more Dynamix games, like Rise of the Dragon (loved that back in the day) and any of the Aces series.

Can't take Rise of the Dragon seriously after the longplay that Slowbeef and Diabetus mocked a while back. The main character in the game turned into a game halfway in and just started going to sleep to check his e-mail then go back to bed for a week straight.

http://blip.tv/slowbeef/retsupurae-3000-5187175

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A Flying Game? Maybe Strike Commander? :dance:

You don't fly in the Dynamix game I want though, pilot yes, but not fly. One day, StarSiege, one day...

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Could be BloodNet.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Hussar posted:

Their facebook:

Fingers crossed.

Albion would be an awesome consolidation prize. Actually, I would prefer that more than Anachronox or whatever else made it on that list, Albion was a brilliant hybrid game.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Starhawk64 posted:

Hmmn, how much they going for? I got a sealed copy I should get rid of before they become common "digitally"

Shadley Puffin
Aug 13, 2011

DOWN WITH GRAVITY

THE BAR posted:

Albion would be an awesome consolidation prize. Actually, I would prefer that more than Anachronox or whatever else made it on that list, Albion was a brilliant hybrid game.

Yeah, it was part RPG, part adventure game, first and third person, wasn't it? I remember playing the demo then forgetting all about it 'til it became stupid rare in the States.

Looking on both Amazon US and UK, though, it seems it's fallen out of the rarified air it occupied for such a long time - £25 shipped isn't bad at all.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

AxeManiac posted:

Hmmn, how much they going for? I got a sealed copy I should get rid of before they become common "digitally"

I paid about $20 for a boxed version, it's not sealed but does include the manual and box, supposedly. Still will be grabbing the GOG.com version just for ease of use, hopefully they include all the patches.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Andrigaar posted:

If it's any consolation to you, thank you for activating Murphy's Law.
Screw that; hurry up and buy System Shock 1 and 2.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Part of me wants to think Freelancer. Another part thinks it's Wing Commander IV.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Zeether posted:

Part of me wants to think Freelancer. Another part thinks it's Wing Commander IV.

I would be satisfied with either one of those. Maybe more so Wing Commander IV.

Also, anyone who enjoyed the RPGs of the late 90s/early 2000s should definitely pick up Anachronox and enjoy it for what it is. It's not the most original RPG ever, but the creative writing in it is second to none. It's funny and well done enough to keep you playing to find the rest of your party members and get to experience the curve balls in the storyline. It's a refreshing change to playing Call Of Sequel: Another Big Budget Sequel That Plays Like The Same Sequel From Last Year IX that most of gaming seems to be stuck in nowadays.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

If you've played KOTOR or Mass Effect, definitely try Anachronox, it feels like a prototype of those games. I dunno if the guys at Bioware played this game while making KOTOR and Mass Effect, but some of the concepts and gameplay elements are eerily similar. Just be prepared for drawn out JRPG combat instead of D&D dice rolls or third person shooting, and a plot that's pretty much Babylon 5 crossed with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It's also got the best party member ever: An entire planet, shrunken down to human size!

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 15, 2012

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Starhawk64 posted:

If you've played KOTOR or Mass Effect, definitely try Anachronox, it feels like a prototype of those games. I dunno if the guys at Bioware played this game while making KOTOR and Mass Effect, but some of the concepts and gameplay elements are eerily similar. Just be prepared for drawn out JRPG combat instead of D&D dice rolls or third person shooting, and a plot that's pretty much Babylon 5 crossed with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

It's also got the best party member ever: An entire planet, shrunken down to human size!

Starting to wrap up Mass Effect 3 and you really sold me on getting this game. That or try to install the mod to merge Baldur's Gate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hussar posted:

Cyberpunk Sleuth

I would love a GOG rerelease of Neuromancer. :ohdear:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Shadley Puffin posted:

Yeah, it was part RPG, part adventure game, first and third person, wasn't it? I remember playing the demo then forgetting all about it 'til it became stupid rare in the States.

Looking on both Amazon US and UK, though, it seems it's fallen out of the rarified air it occupied for such a long time - £25 shipped isn't bad at all.

Yeah it was. It was part Ultima VII, part Might and Magic VI set in a sci-fi setting and made by Europeans, so fewer gaming restrictions applied.

Freaky alien cat breasts, ahoy!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Anachronox and Hind will be are today's new releases at $9.99 $5.99 and $5.99, respectively in about 21 minutes.

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 15, 2012

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

GOG is like a constant steam sale, forever tempting me to buy a shitload of games I'll only ever spend a few hours playing. Pure evil, but I love it.

I must say I'm definitely getting my money's worth between IL-2 and Darkstar One. For some reason I just can't get into BG2 though (after spending hours creating and recreating my character of course).

I'd love to see Syndicate Wars and Gene Wars. Crabo-Mules and Dino-Birds up in this business

Prawned fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 15, 2012

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

Blodskur posted:

Anachronox and Hind will be today's new releases at $9.99 and $5.99, respectively in about 21 minutes.

They are up now and looks like Anachronox is $5,99 too. Definitely picking it up later today.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

General Emergency posted:

They are up now and looks like Anachronox is $5,99 too. Definitely picking it up later today.
Ah, they must've put up the wrong price earlier. Brilliant.

Bats
Sep 6, 2003

With great power comes great responsiblity...TO ROCK OUT!
Man, Anachronox. I think I still have my cd lying around somewhere. I have a very very soft spot in my heart for anything Quake 2, and this game ran on a heavily modified version of that engine. You can see it too in the way it is. It's kind of a pity nobody has been able to create a source port for it. Lots to like about this game...now if only the devs could fire up a kickstarter for a sequel, this is one of the few I'd get behind.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Finally, Anachronox! :allears:

Anybody who doesn't fork over 6 measly bucks for it is a terrible person.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

FuriousGeorge posted:

Finally, Anachronox! :allears:

Anybody who doesn't fork over 6 measly bucks for it is a terrible person.
It's not System Shock. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
This kind of counts. Gamersgate is selling this DnD master collection for 6 bucks again, less if you have the IGN prime discount.

Why does it kind of count? Because a couple of the games are rebranded GOG version, BG2 even still has goggame.dll in the installation folder. Very worth it.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection