Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jupitercore
Mar 2, 2002
I just signed up to leech from the sadchub

mattfl posted:

Oh ya, a chair the other day too

What chair is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

jupitercore posted:

What chair is that?

I got it from Sams Club and I can't seem to find it on their website. :(

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Now rocking 3x24" - HP LP2475, LG L245WP, HP LP2465.

CubanRefugee
Jul 1, 2003

El Jefe
Reppin' the Row since '26.

ZombieIsland posted:

I need a long desk that can fit my computer along with a 32inch TV, what do you guys recommend?

LCD/LED TV or an old school CRT?

My galant fits 2x 22" widescreen LCDs and a 36" LED TV as my main monitor. I can't really see a galant doing an older, non-flat TV though.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street

CubanRefugee posted:

LCD/LED TV or an old school CRT?

My galant fits 2x 22" widescreen LCDs and a 36" LED TV as my main monitor. I can't really see a galant doing an older, non-flat TV though.
it's a Vizio LCD, I'll probably get the galant, thanks'

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

ZombieIsland posted:

it's a Vizio LCD, I'll probably get the galant, thanks'
Buy a geekdesk. Big, clean appearance, allows you to sit or stand with an easy transition. Good weight capacity on the basic model, (I'm running three 24" IPS monitors on it, a weighty center speaker, and some heavy peripherals.) The motor takes longer to lift it when weighted down, but is solid when in place regardless of the weight. and the heavy model can support more. I posted pictures earlier in the thread.

It's expensive; $900, but was a great purchase.

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 11, 2012

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Moved into a new room today. Still need to do cable management.

Album of the rest of the room: http://imgur.com/a/k1Rg0

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Forget cable management, you need to decorate the walls a little.

edit: Unless you like looking like you live in a hospital, I mean.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Forget cable management, you need to decorate the walls a little.

edit: Unless you like looking like you live in a hospital, I mean.
Some wall decoration would be nice, but I think the room looks very nice.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Er yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the setup looks really nice; Just that the walls are overbearingly stark :haw:

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just moved in today, but wall decor is certainly on the list of things to do! I have a couple of huge Maiden posters I can throw up :D

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
This is my setup. I still need to get photos of the Buttkicker Wireless that I mounted to my computer chair to show the full experience.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
This made me laugh a little, but mildly creeped out.

Also why continue to use dual kb/mouse setup? I have heard nothing but good things about synergy.

http://synergy-foss.org/

Edit, I read flashlight as fleshlight. I am the creep.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I actually have InputDirector installed on my systems (seems to work better than Synergy for me). It works great except on the rare occasions I have to type on one system while using the mouse on the other.

Oddly enough, those occasions aren't nearly as rare as common sense would suggest.

IsaacNewton
Jun 18, 2005

Moey posted:

This made me laugh a little, but mildly creeped out.

You probably know this, but .. yeah.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIBqd1kxoQk

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

Dominoes posted:

Some wall decoration would be nice, but I think the room looks very nice.

Paper towel and toilet paper within reach; truly it is a goon room.

metalhead
Sep 13, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mierdaan posted:

Paper towel and toilet paper within reach; truly it is a goon room.

I've been terribly sick the last week, that roll of paper is already gone from blowing my nose every 5 minutes :( gently caress the flu season

civilian.d
Sep 21, 2006

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
living like poo poo (too busy w/ school to worry about it right now)

here's an impromptu, no-prep shot of my desk as it is right the gently caress now. (procrastinating on SA and all) didn't really feel the need to plop down a gallon o' milk and a glock.
nothing really special, but i do really like the desk. bought it for 40 bucks off craigslist, i like having a real wood surface and not particle board. as much as i'd love a bigger desk, it would just invite more clutter, so this is probably perfect size for me.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Who needs a chair back? I took mine off a while ago because it was wobbly and I thought the bolts needed tightening, but I think I'm fine with it like this. I never lean back anyways. Spinal stress injuries here I come :toot:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Anal Tributary posted:

Who needs a chair back? I took mine off a while ago because it was wobbly and I thought the bolts needed tightening, but I think I'm fine with it like this. I never lean back anyways. Spinal stress injuries here I come :toot:

If you're anything like me, it's all fine and dandy 'til one day you forget and go to lean back.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
I couldn't stand that, personally. I have a huge goddamn armchair and there's nothing better than sitting back with a drink.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Cleaned off my desk and built a laptop stand to make Synergy use that much better.

Propping the left monitor on the Kindle box and building the Knex stand for the laptop (with bonus gadget charging spaces below) was probably the greatest thing I've ever done for my desk. Setting up and using multiple monitors + Synergy is so much easier with them all close to level and the stand keeps the base of the laptop out of my mousing area. The old Dell on the left is basically just there to display terminals if I need to keep an eye on something but don't want it wasting space on my main machines.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 15, 2012

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

I'm noticing a distinct lack of plants on Goon desks.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

WorkingStiff posted:

plants take up space reserved for empty booze bottles, hand guns, lotion, tissue and discarded food waste.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

HKR posted:

plants take up space reserved for empty booze bottles, hand guns, lotion, tissue and discarded food waste.

But you could use them to piss in, which looks less suspicious than bottles of dubious fluid lying around, so maybe a trick is being missed here

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HKR posted:

Lego Star Wars ships and Halo Spartans for me!

:smith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

WorkingStiff posted:

I love it. My desk is inconveniently located for optimal plant health, light-wise. All my plants are on the night table next to my bed :)

I'd love to get a low maintenance plant to put next to my monitor though, something that could live in a cave. ... Moss maybe? :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Martytoof posted:

I love it. My desk is inconveniently located for optimal plant health, light-wise. All my plants are on the night table next to my bed :)

I'd love to get a low maintenance plant to put next to my monitor though, something that could live in a cave. ... Moss maybe? :v:

Get an Aloe Vera plant for the irony.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

WorkingStiff posted:

what exactly are those glowy stick thingies? they look pretty cool

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

horchata posted:

what exactly are those glowy stick thingies? they look pretty cool

They are "Lighted Pussy Willow Branches" in an old antique jar. I Put them up around the holidays and decided to leave them up.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

WorkingStiff posted:

They are "Lighted Pussy Willow Branches" in an old antique jar. I Put them up around the holidays and decided to leave them up.

Are they battery operated? Only ones I've seen are and and it seems like you'd be changing them every 2 minutes.

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

Raikiri posted:

Are they battery operated? Only ones I've seen are and and it seems like you'd be changing them every 2 minutes.

Naw, there is an AC plug. It's something like this. What length is that desktop? Where'd you get it?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Raikiri posted:

Those are cool window blinds

Jesus Stick
Dec 14, 2004

Bomb Hills, Not Countries
Living like poo poo. Buying a house that closes in a month so not too worried about my desk right now, but hoping to make it much better when I move.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

WorkingStiff posted:

Naw, there is an AC plug. It's something like this. What length is that desktop? Where'd you get it?

Thanks for the link, I'll check those out.

The desktop was 4m (13'1.5") but I cut it down to around 11' and used the cut off as a top to the cabinet my projector is on. Bought it on eBay, was £150 iirc.

jebeebus posted:

Those are cool window blinds

Cheers, it's just a white blackout blind from Argos/Ikea, nothing special.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Jesus Stick posted:

Living like poo poo. Buying a house that closes in a month so not too worried about my desk right now, but hoping to make it much better when I move.

Jesus dude, the fans on that rack mount server you're running don't bother the gently caress out of you? Are you missing the ear plugs from your desk?

Jesus Stick
Dec 14, 2004

Bomb Hills, Not Countries

ILikeVoltron posted:

Jesus dude, the fans on that rack mount server you're running don't bother the gently caress out of you? Are you missing the ear plugs from your desk?

It's only on for about an hour a day for studying 70-643.

You need an actual physical server to play with Hyper-V (well, you probably could do without) for the cert, so I just turn it on to do a chapter a day to study wit.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
My new PC, specs:
I7 2600 3.4 Ghz quadcore
16 GB ram
Dual SLI'd MSI GTX 560 ti's with 2gb each
128 gb intel SSD
1 tb standard drive

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

frodnonnag posted: