Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Wrist Watch posted:

Oh yeah well what's Boxbot smart guy :smugbert:

Bowel obstruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

YF-23 posted:

Eglamore says Jones couldn't be in the photoshoot and Don says Surma can't stand her, so unless there's shape-shifting going on I don't think this is a likely scenario.

Oh poo poo, you're right!

Although... it occurs to me that we've never seen the two of them at the same time. Hmmmm.

Clearly, Surma is Jones and Surma is actually Odin.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Coyote knows Jones's true form, and Tea-San said the nickname didn't come from mythology.

We've spent so much time looking at the stories of the past. What if Coyote took her name from a different kind of story. A STORY OF THE FUTURE!

Ghoulish Sandwich
Jun 27, 2008

the corpse party!
theres no better time and there are so many corpses here to work with
Well, he's at it full-time now. I hope he makes enough from this comic to get by... :ohdear:

If this isn't a sign for me to buy the books, I don't know what is.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Does this mean he's going to sit down to work out a good business plan to monetize this comic better? I hope so. I want to see Orientation in every bookstore in the land.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
If you've been holding off on donating to this very awesome comic, now is the time to do it! What awesome news :)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Hopefully Tom will be happy with this decision. I'll try and see if I can donate or buy the books if I have cash to spare.

As for the actual strip today, Tony is hilarious as a kid. Wonder if he's only like that with close friends.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Ahh! Anthony is being a person!

It's also pretty cool how Don could tell Anthony was torn up on the inside, just like he could with Annie.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Don and Tony are reminding me of Annie and Kat. Probably not unintentional, I'm sure. :v:

Also :stare: at the news. I hope this means 5 days of GC a week!

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I just bought 2 shirts from his TopatoCo store. I hope he does well, especially if he moves up to 5 updates a week (or 7, one can dream :allears:).

Be so smart!!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
gently caress financial responsibility, that Coyote shirt is mine. I love this comic and want to support Tom, especially with his doing it full-time now.

Also, loving this flashback already.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Whoa drat, that is some crazy news. It was only TopatoCo that Tom gets royalties from, right? Gonna have to say to hell with waiting for Volume 2 to go on stock and order 1 and 3 now.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Congratulations to Tom for apparently finding a way to do this crap for a living! We are behind him one hundred percent.

I accidentally read Anthony's lines in the voice of George Costanza and now I can't stop. Please send help.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Geekner posted:

Be so smart!!

You know, some of his designs I reckon could even sell well in generic stores without the Gunnerkrigg context. Court Symbol and Coyote shirts, for example, I think would do fine.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Congrats to Tea-San on going full time! :unsmith:

1stGear posted:

Whoa drat, that is some crazy news. It was only TopatoCo that Tom gets royalties from, right? Gonna have to say to hell with waiting for Volume 2 to go on stock and order 1 and 3 now.

Yeah, I want to know this, too. If it's TopatoCo or Amazon that was the best profit for him, I'll probably grab them with some other stuff I was planning to order soon.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dammit. I bought the Coyote t-shirt, then realized that the Court t-shirt exists. I'll order it in week or two, but I wish I'd ordered them together... :smith:

Ah well, it's not like it'll matter in a few weeks when I have them both anyway :v:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm reading Anthony's dialogue in the voice of the Duke of Lemongrab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzD3qMZIWs&feature=related

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fangz posted:

I'm reading Anthony's dialogue in the voice of the Duke of Lemongrab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzD3qMZIWs&feature=related
Me too! :hfive:

I assume the shirt sizes are full circumference, right? How much do they tend to shrink by?

I'd also like to echo the congratulations to Tom.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Hey guys. Man this was a tough decision. I should have done it a long time ago, really. I'm hoping it all works out. I'll let people know what I'm planning on my site on Monday.

However, yes, books bought from Topatoco are basically the only way I see profit from them. I'm doing this on the assumption that I don't get money from books though, and I hope I can still manage it. Still trying to get copies of Vol 2 pushed through, and I can tell the publisher is a little reluctant to send books to Topatoco since they make less money on them too.

That said, please don't feel you HAVE to get them from Topatoco! Wanting to buy my books at all is just great, and you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere; bookstores, Amazon, other places too, and all books sold let the companies know that people want to buy them, which might even help me in the long run.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe
Congratulations on the full-time move! I think I'll finally get around to ordering all the volumes now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Acceptable!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well done Tom, excellent news :)

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Quoted for easy clicking and propaganda purposes:

Kismet posted:

:siren: Want to support the comic? :siren:

Sport a sexy avatar! - this comic really lends itself to excellent avatar material, so there are tons up for grabs.

Donate to Tom's tea and biscuit fund or hit up the Topatoco store for wonderful things:

And Tom: Congratulations. You're an absolute hero and I hope everything goes astoundingly, ridiculously well for you from here on out. When other artists have gone full time I've been a little apprehensive to see how they handle the adjustment to self-employment. However, I've followed you on twitter long enough to know you already have hands down the best work ethic in the industry, so it's absolutely thrilling to see you make the move, and I can't wait to see where you take things from here.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Living off your art is every artist's dream, Tom. Congrats!

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 16, 2012

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Man, I am buying the hell out of that Coyote shirt.

Congratulations Tom, here's to a bright future for Gunnerkrigg!

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Congratulations, Tom! If any webcomic artist deserves to live off his comic, it's you.

I got the Coyote shirt for christmas, and it's awesome. I guess it's time to buy the other ones as well.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Daius posted:

Man, I am buying the hell out of that Coyote shirt.

Congratulations Tom, here's to a bright future for Gunnerkrigg!

Same. No one deserves success as much as someone who works this hard.

That Court shirt is in my future!

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Tea-san posted:

I'll let people know what I'm planning on my site on Monday.

Dammit guys why are you wasting time? We've three days of futile, hysteric speculation to burn through! I'm betting Moonbase.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Go buy the Coyote shirt cause it owns! I got mine :whatup:

It was pretty :3: going into twitter and seeing a bunch of webcomic artists congratulating him.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wasn't expecting Anthony to be THIS expressive on the inside. Looking forward to more of Donny's exposition about Annie's dad.

On the more important matter congrats Tom on being full time artist/writer. Your postings of work never felt like you enjoyed it much. Now tell us how we can throw money your way.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Congratulations Tom. Awesome news. I'll make sure to order some merchandise in support.:)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Is it just me or is Antony trying too hard to quantify feeling smacks a little of sociopathy or maybe I stretching a little

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Rumda posted:

Is it just me or is Antony trying too hard to quantify feeling smacks a little of sociopathy or maybe I stretching a little

Nah, that's not sociopathy, that's just being sheltered and spergish.

Call him e/nthony.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Aww poo poo yeah, definitely going to get that Coyote shirt now!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was going to wait on Volume 2 coming in before ordering 3, but as a show of support Tea-san I'll grab 3 now anyway from Topatoco. Hopefully the thing with 2 gets resolved quickly as I can't imagine I'm the only one who was holding off on Vol. 3 waiting for the other books to get restocked.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Anthony as a kid absolutely cracks me up, responding to "you just know [when you like a girl]" with "UNACCEPTABLE :mad:" is the best possible reaction. drat it, Donny, what is the equation to deciphering if I want to hold hands with this dame? Do not hide the truth from me!

I'm really jealous of all the Coyote avatars, he's such an awesome character and the art is equally hilarious and breathtaking.

Tea-san posted:

That said, please don't feel you HAVE to get them from Topatoco! Wanting to buy my books at all is just great, and you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere; bookstores, Amazon, other places too, and all books sold let the companies know that people want to buy them, which might even help me in the long run.

What merchandise is the most profitable for you? I know Topatoco is the best site to use, but do you see more from shirts or books? Do you prefer that people purchase the books since those can be shared with friends to promote the comic, whereas the shirts are, at best, a conversation starter?

I've been a fan of Gunnerkrigg for a while, and if it is going to be your primary source of income, I definitely want to support it. Preferably in a way where you get to eat meals and not birdseed.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

This literally made my day. Congrats, Tom!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Congrats Tom! Good luck in all your new business endeavors.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
:toot: Go Tom go! :toot:

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

Anthony as a kid absolutely cracks me up, responding to "you just know [when you like a girl]" with "UNACCEPTABLE :mad:" is the best possible reaction. drat it, Donny, what is the equation to deciphering if I want to hold hands with this dame? Do not hide the truth from me!

And suddenly, just like that, Tony Carver is human after all. I knew Tom wouldn't let him be some one-dimensional Bad Dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Many congratulations and best wishes to you, Tom! Just donated as a 'good luck,' and I really hope everything works out for you!

Also, did that headache end up going away? :ohdear: