Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
I missed that but I also stupidly went to his dumb site and noticed that he is still posting

I like to think all the Cashman votes in his GM poll were done solely to troll him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So SBNation is making a big push for its bloggers to post video content. They launched Youtube channels for almost every individual blog. The results? Well, see for yourself.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 11, 2012

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Benne posted:

So SBNation is making a big push for its bloggers to post video content. They launched Youtube channels for almost every individual blog. The results? Well, see for yourself.
Holy poo poo :stare:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Benne posted:

Hahaha, did he really just pronounce Forbes "For-Bess"?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Shutdown Fullback seems like it could be pretty good once Hall gets used to being on camera. The NFL Draft bit in their first one was funny.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Putting dudes who write in front of the camera just because they do stuff for you is bad. Get people who are good on camera to do video if you want it to succeed.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

leokitty posted:

Putting dudes who write in front of the camera just because they do stuff for you is bad. Get people who are good on camera to do video if you want it to succeed.

I'm honestly kind of morbidly curious how many circles of hell this video initiative is going to put Amy Nelson through before they give up on it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so their video content strategy is to distribute flipcams to a large number of pasty, stuttering voids of charisma who are apparently hosting shows from their various rumpus rooms? Sounds good to me.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hey roflcopter420 here

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

SB Nation please hire me to make videos where I turn my cat into a puppet who talks about which Yankee I want to kill this week.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

leokitty posted:

SB Nation please hire me to make videos where I turn my cat into a puppet who talks about which Yankee I want to kill this week.

It'll be someone other than Raul Ibanez?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

leokitty posted:

HELLO INTERNET I AM "LAWL EWE MADBRO" HERE TO TALK ABOUT THE HOT TOPICS BURNING UP THE SPORTS WORLD THIS WEEK

This is honestly something I would have expected Bleacher Report to have done first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

leokitty posted:

The best example of this is ESPN's Big Ten blogger. That poor guy is so awkward and nerdy and they keep making him do awkward nerdy videos from like his dining room, it rules.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ButtView posted:

Shutdown Fullback seems like it could be pretty good once Hall gets used to being on camera. The NFL Draft bit in their first one was funny.

This is the only video series I have hope for.

Everything else? Uh, stick to the written word. SBN backfired spectacularly here.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

leokitty posted:

I would watch the hell out of Olive and Leo's "Faster, Yankeecat! Kill! Kill!"

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
SBNation's video initiative is in its infancy. Their marquee shows--Full Nelson, Four on the Floor, Shutdown Fullback, Bomani & Jones, and The Petey &LoMo show are all well-produced, for the least. I think they can continue to develop programs like those. SBN's shows in fall will probably not look like how they do right now.

I am annoyed at how frequently laptops are shown in these videos. Hall and Kirk's laptops have no reason to be there. As far as the user stuff, it's bad. Hey guy turn on iMovie and talk about stuff! is a real bad strategy. SBN wants a lot of original content to help their presence (which is pretty strong already), and doesn't necessarily seem concerned with quality.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the guy who runs SB Nation saw The Verge doing their videos extremely well and just figured "Well hey if those COMPUTER NERDS can do that poo poo, anyone can!!"

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Nut Bunnies posted:

I think the guy who runs SB Nation saw The Verge doing their videos extremely well and just figured "Well hey if those COMPUTER NERDS can do that poo poo, anyone can!!"

Or maybe it was a directive from Vox itself, which would be more likely

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Which is the same guy so...yeah?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Doesn't The Verge host their own videos? That makes a huge difference in terms of (potential because online ad sales lol) monetization.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

leokitty posted:

Why would you hire people to write things and then hire totally different people to say them? This is a multimedia conglomerate man do you think we're living in the pre-Clinton years or something.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

SporkOfTruth posted:

I would watch the hell out of Olive and Leo's "Faster, Yankeecat! Kill! Kill!"

I demand Fake WIP Caller videos.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ButtView posted:

The best example of this is ESPN's Big Ten blogger. That poor guy is so awkward and nerdy and they keep making him do awkward nerdy videos from like his dining room, it rules.

Says someone who has never seen the Metsblog Minute with Matt Cerrone on SNY.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If they're going to feature video bloggers, I demand they hire Chad Mcghee immediately.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Norm Macdonald is currently destroying Rick Reilly on twitter FYI

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Groucho Marxist posted:

I would pay money to see clips of Norm at his computer drinking a glass of scotch and wrecking horrible people on twitter.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Groucho Marxist posted:

screen caps?

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

hcreight posted:

I would pay money to see clips of Norm at his computer drinking a glass of scotch and wrecking horrible people on twitter.
Unfortunately Norm has proclaimed he doesn't drink and hasn't for some time: http://youtu.be/G0ITh1K3mbw

But my god did he decimate Reilly.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hcreight posted:

Apparently, he also liveTweets golf.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Arctic Baldwin posted:

screen caps?

http://deadspin.com/5892317/rick-reilly-trolls-norm-macdonald-and-norm-returns-the-favor-tenfold

Rick Reilly brought Jell-O to a gunfight.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

That doesn't even bring up the next dozen or so tweets in which Norm starts looking through Reilly's past tweets for the racist ones.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Crazy Ted posted:

Apparently, he also liveTweets golf.

He does, which is why I unfollowed him.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Boston.com predictably has an article entitled Punto Brings Intangibles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I agree with the implication that Punto brings nothing tangible to Boston

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Boston.com predictably has an article entitled Punto Brings Intangibles

He knows how to win the right way.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Toffile posted:

He knows how to win the right way.

He's not afraid to get dirt on his uniform.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

jeffersonlives posted:

Says someone who has never seen the Metsblog Minute with Matt Cerrone on SNY.

The wondrous combination of awkward and stupid that is Matt Cerrone is not to be missed. If you've ever wanted bad opinions delivered just as poorly, he's the man for you!

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I agree with the implication that Punto brings nothing tangible to Boston
do not speak ill of world series champion 1.5 WAR second baseman/shortstop/third baseman nicholas paul punto

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
for the record i'm not at all displeased about :punto: being in a uniform with red sox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Jack Curry is really pissed that ESPN didn't credit him for breaking the Pettitte news and is tweeting up a storm about it.