Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I don't have any formal requirements or anything on me but I figure I'll give this a shot.

I work at an IT consulting company based in the NYC/Long Island area and my company is currently looking to hire an NYC field tech and also a help desk guy for the Long Island office (East Northport). We also have an NYC office so if you're awesome enough you could probably just be placed there instead. We mostly deal with Windows but some clients have a few Macs as well.

The software we use is ConnectWise for our ticketing system and Labtech for monitoring/other MSP type stuff. Experience with this is definitely going to be a plus.

Basically for the field tech they're looking for someone with a pretty good amount of experience who can also think on their feet.

For the help desk guy it's mostly just about being friendly with the customers but I believe the higher ups are looking for someone who has at least a medium level of experience working the desk.

So if any of you guys are interested feel free to shoot over your resume or any questions to my username at gmail. We're a pretty laid back company but there is work to be done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
My experience: 10 years 1st line/helpdesk, 5 years 2nd/3rd line Windows server support and administration, VMware, HP/Dell hardware, FC SAN/switches, AD, McAfee, CA Arcserve
What I'm looking for: Server administrator/tech support in a Windows environment, ideally working with VMware. Would love to expand AD/Exchange/SQL knowledge and experience.
What I'm NOT looking for: 1st line/junior helpdesk positions
Where I live: Hertfordshire, UK
Where I'm looking: Herts/Beds/Bucks/London. Willing to relocate for right position.
When I can start:ASAP (Currently out of work)
Requirements: Permanent or contract work, anything with a decent paycheck!
Can be reached via: PM

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'm going through a recruiter right now that may have hooked me up with a python developer job - they're looking for Ruby developers too. Full relocation to San Antonio, etc. If you're a decent Ruby developer, and interested in TX at all, PM me and I'll hook you up with my guy, he seems to know his poo poo. Especially in that I had applied for these jobs cold before and never gotten a response, but got a phone interview the week he first contacted me.
If you don't have PMs, email at hijakk at the google mail.

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
My experience: ~2 years as a web designer / developer (PHP / Python, using CodeIgniter/Wordpress/Drupal/Django), Linux web server admin, and help desk support tech.
What I'm looking for: Anything from software development (Python / web dev-focus preferred, but I'm definitely not picky) to entry-level help desk.
What I'm NOT looking for: Recruiters
Where I live: Tacoma, WA, and willing to relocate anywhere
Where I'm looking: Anywhere, I'm not tied down.
When I can start: ASAP
Requirements: Again, I'm not picky.
Can be reached via: falenus@gmail.com

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I like turtles posted:

I'm going through a recruiter right now that may have hooked me up with a python developer job - they're looking for Ruby developers too. Full relocation to San Antonio, etc. If you're a decent Ruby developer, and interested in TX at all, PM me and I'll hook you up with my guy, he seems to know his poo poo. Especially in that I had applied for these jobs cold before and never gotten a response, but got a phone interview the week he first contacted me.

RackSpace?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

My experience: 1.5 years doing software development, 2 years doing onsite IT/Help desk (worked full time while getting my degree :v:)
Education: B.S Computer Science (graduating this spring)
What I'm looking for: A job that has me doing either development, IT, or technical writing
What I'm NOT looking for: help desk
Where I live: Northeast Wisconsin
Where I'm looking: Seattle
When I can start: June 1st
Requirements: Health insurance, full time
Can be reached via: chad.goding AT gmail DOT com

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
(crosspost from COBOL)

I'm looking to relocate to Pittsburgh from NJ come late July/early August (a bit sooner if needed, like mid July). Come July I'll have two years professional experience, so I'm ideally looking for a Junior Developer position. Thus far I'm more experienced with .NET and C#, but I'm willing to learn.

Languages: C#, SQL, Java, Python, Ruby, CSS, HTML, Javascript
Frameworks: .NET, .NET MVC, jQuery, minimal exposure to Rails, some projects for fun in XNA
Things you like to do: Web applications, but I'm open to anything
Availability: Full time
Contact: PM me or email at tony dot perriello at gmail dot com.

I have a GitHub (https://github.com/tonype), and I also have a resume available upon request.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

skipdogg posted:

RackSpace?
Yeah. They're hiring a bunch of ruby and python guys right now, and this recruiter seems to have good contacts internally

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe
What the hell. Time has come.

My experience: 12 years as system admin for a small company. Sole IT person with the exception of consultant that does the heavy SQL coding stuff. All Windows clients, Windows Server NT to 2008. SQL Server 7 to 2008, Exchange 2003, AD, Group Policy. Dell server and desktop hardware mostly. A little bit of everything.
What I'm looking for: Something similar, but maybe part of a team this time.
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1 Help Desk
Where I live: Long Beach, CA
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in LA/OC basin, but closer the better. I've gotten use to my 10 mile commute. Also looking in Denver CO area.
When I can start: I would need to give notice, so 2-4 weeks.
Requirements: Health insurance, full time
Can be reached via: username AT chasbo DOT com

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

I like turtles posted:

Yeah. They're hiring a bunch of ruby and python guys right now, and this recruiter seems to have good contacts internally

I just started at Rackspace about a month ago and they're hiring for tons of positions. Anyone willing to relocate to Texas (SA or Austin) who has Linux or Cisco experience, for one, should really consider applying here, even if you're just a freshly minted CCNA or Linux equivalent. Cisco guys in particular (since that's where I'm working), if you have questions, ask me (send a PM or e-mail my name at gmail) or one of the other Rackers in here; dolicf and gnarlyhotep are two I can think of off the top of my head, since they answered my questions.

Hell, if you just have questions about moving to Texas, drop me a line, I just did it. (Free tip: the tax assessor's office where you go to register your car doesn't take any form of card. Bring cash or check, save yourself an extra trip through the line.)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
See my latest post for an open position.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 28, 2012

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
<position filled>

Feral Bueller fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 4, 2012

k2theman
Feb 27, 2006
Cattle Prodder

Scaramouche posted:

k2theman -

I don't know if you like downtown or not but I've been seeing a lot of activity from the social game companies in Vancouver lately. Like 3 of my friends in the last couple of weeks have been hired by Intelligent Ape, DeNA, etc. You might want to look into it since your background in game infrastructure could be even more important to them than someone like EA. Most of them are probably all about the LAMP but you might luck out.

Hey, thanks for the tip, I may try to look into the social gaming thing. That's an interesting point about game infrastructure. I don't have professional experience in actual game programming, but this sector is definitely growing around here...I should probably look into expanding my skillset a bit.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Thornes posted:

I don't have any formal requirements or anything on me but I figure I'll give this a shot.

I work at an IT consulting company based in the NYC/Long Island area and my company is currently looking to hire an NYC field tech and also a help desk guy for the Long Island office (East Northport). We also have an NYC office so if you're awesome enough you could probably just be placed there instead. We mostly deal with Windows but some clients have a few Macs as well.

The software we use is ConnectWise for our ticketing system and Labtech for monitoring/other MSP type stuff. Experience with this is definitely going to be a plus.

Basically for the field tech they're looking for someone with a pretty good amount of experience who can also think on their feet.

For the help desk guy it's mostly just about being friendly with the customers but I believe the higher ups are looking for someone who has at least a medium level of experience working the desk.

So if any of you guys are interested feel free to shoot over your resume or any questions to my username at gmail. We're a pretty laid back company but there is work to be done!

Email and resume sent to you

vty
Nov 8, 2007

oh dott, oh dott!

I like turtles posted:

Think long and hard about a move to San Antonio, I used to work at RS (great company) and left just to escape that hell hole. You'll only be an hour from Austin, but the cities are night and day. No job would ever bring me back there. Unfortunately I'm not too sure they have many developer positions in Austin, it's a small office.

The programmers work in the "dungeon" which is the bottom floor of the castle, and it seemed like a really cool place to work. It was much more personal than those of us on the top floors (engineers). Comic book characters, etc everywhere. They have a ridiculous number of developers and the company does have smart people.

vty fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 18, 2012

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hell, I'm going to post this here, since I can't seem to find anything at the moment that will reply back to me :(

My experience: Less than 2 years web development, recent graduate in Computing - Software Engineering. About 5 years experience in interest based learning on tools such as Photoshop. HTML/CSS, C#, .Net, C++, Java, Visual Studio. I admit that my experience is low which is why I'm having so much trouble getting into work. I have alot of background in interest based projects and a decent portfolio in design that has content dating all the way back to 2002.
What I'm looking for: Web developer or front-end developer, junior or otherwise.
What I'm NOT looking for: 1st line/junior helpdesk positions
Where I live: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Where I'm looking: Anywhere and I quite literally mean it. I'm willing to relocate for the right position.
When I can start: Immediately, since I'm unemployed
Requirements: Permanent work
Can be reached via: Email wmain00 at gmail dot com

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Giving this a proper try.

My experience: Essentially a lifetime of computer use which proves handy as far as general troubleshooting goes (AKA using Google). I am most comfortable working with either Objective-C or Python, although any Java-like language (with the exception of C++, which I only know a little of) is easy enough to pick up the basics of. I've tinkered with the Cocoa Framework, but it's so massive that I don't really know it all that well. I have been trying to learn the basics of Django as of late. I'm not sure if web development/design is my thing, but I wanted to give it a chance. Typical OS X/Windows/some Linux experience, as well.
What I'm looking for: I am essentially looking for "almost" anything at this point, although I would work for a bare minimum in which I can support myself (based on location) if it would allow me to do even the most entry-level development work (preferably in languages I'm more comfortable with), because I lack a portfolio. Tuition/learning assistance is a plus. Don't think I only want a developer position, as it's only what I would prefer. I want to work really hard and I want to put in my time to grow within a company, if they want to give me a chance.
What I'm NOT looking for: A position where the people around me aren't fun, or don't like to learn.
Where I live: Philadelphia. The IT market is appallingly bad here. 80% of the positions based on my general searching appear to be in .NET or Java, although companies seem to be heavily buzzword-driven, only seeking senior developers with ten years of experience. Even support/general IT positions seem lacking.
Where I'm looking: I would like to be in or near Philadelphia for personal reasons, but if I want to make anything of myself I feel I may have to leave. Anything in the tri-state region is likely the most optimal, but I would also be open to most other places, as long as it's nice.
When I can start: Immediately, I would imagine.
Can be reached via: Please leave an email or PM me, if possible.

Edited due to suggestion.

double sulk fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 19, 2012

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

vty posted:

Think long and hard about a move to San Antonio, I used to work at RS (great company) and left just to escape that hell hole. You'll only be an hour from Austin, but the cities are night and day. No job would ever bring me back there. Unfortunately I'm not too sure they have many developer positions in Austin, it's a small office.

The programmers work in the "dungeon" which is the bottom floor of the castle, and it seemed like a really cool place to work. It was much more personal than those of us on the top floors (engineers). Comic book characters, etc everywhere. They have a ridiculous number of developers and the company does have smart people.

Yeah, I'm feeling wary about it. I'll see if I can get an extra day or something so I can get a feel for the area. I'm definitely angling for Austin, or remote, if I can swing it.

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010
For another PoV on that, I moved down to San Antonio from the midwest a couple years ago to work at Rackspace. SA isn't the greatest town, but it's not bad. It depends on what you're looking for. I'm far from getting past my wild days and settling down (like I'd imagine the majority of people in this thread) and while SA isn't nearly as awesome as Austin for that, it's not completely devoid of things to do, and like vty mentioned, Austin is a quick trip away.

Another thing to consider is that the dynamic of the two offices is completely different. There are 3000+ people that work out of the SA office compared with... maybe 200-300 in Austin (though they're planning massive expansion here over the next few years).

On that last note, Rackspace is hiring a significant number of Linux admins to help expand our Austin office. They're primarily looking for mid level/L2 types (probably 2-3 years professional Linux experience, maybe less if you're a rock star), but of course will interview & potentially hire for L1 and L3 positions if the right candidate comes along.

We're having a big hiring event where you can interview & check out the office on March 24th. Additionally, L2+ positions come with a $3500 signing bonus. Here's a blurb they sent out about it:

quote:

Rackspace is the only company in the world that has an internal Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) program (currently 8 Rackers hold this certification).
Rackspace has over 200 RHCEs which is more than any other hosting company and only second to Red Hat and the government.
Rackspace offers all three Red Hat certification levels - RHCSA, RHCE, and RHCA.
Rackspace spent over $1 million dollars last year in Linux training.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have questions or want to talk to me about a referral. derian at gmail. I don't have PMs, so it'll have to be email.

edit: To clarify that last part, we're the only company in the world to have an internal RHCA program that isn't Red Hat, obviously.

dolicf fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 19, 2012

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010
And on the off chance that you're a (very) seasoned Linux guy with pretty good application tier knowledge and OS skills that put most others to shame, my team is hiring to do some really fuckin' rad stuff for enterprise level hosted web applications. Pay is great and stress is low. Drop me a line for more info.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

dolicf posted:

For another PoV on that, I moved down to San Antonio from the midwest a couple years ago to work at Rackspace. SA isn't the greatest town, but it's not bad. It depends on what you're looking for. I'm far from getting past my wild days and settling down (like I'd imagine the majority of people in this thread) and while SA isn't nearly as awesome as Austin for that, it's not completely devoid of things to do, and like vty mentioned, Austin is a quick trip away.

Another thing to consider is that the dynamic of the two offices is completely different. There are 3000+ people that work out of the SA office compared with... maybe 200-300 in Austin (though they're planning massive expansion here over the next few years).

On that last note, Rackspace is hiring a significant number of Linux admins to help expand our Austin office. They're primarily looking for mid level/L2 types (probably 2-3 years professional Linux experience, maybe less if you're a rock star), but of course will interview & potentially hire for L1 and L3 positions if the right candidate comes along.

We're having a big hiring event where you can interview & check out the office on March 24th. Additionally, L2+ positions come with a $3500 signing bonus. Here's a blurb they sent out about it:

Feel free to shoot me an email if you have questions or want to talk to me about a referral. derian at gmail. I don't have PMs, so it'll have to be email.

edit: To clarify that last part, we're the only company in the world to have an internal RHCA program that isn't Red Hat, obviously.

I wish Rackspace did remote work from home admins. I just can't move to Austin.

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010
I hear you.

I'll post it here, because I've already had it asked. Due to the way teams are structured at Rackspace and the work type and environment, generally remote work isn't a thing for sysadmins. It's not that exceptions aren't made, it's just that they're very rare.

Keep in mind that the majority of sysadmin work at Rackspace (being a hosting provider) involves supporting multiple clients in a huge variety of configurations. It doesn't lend itself to remote work nearly as well as a traditional sysadmin role working on a handful of environments generally during business hours.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
What I need: LAMP developer with Design experience

Who we are: A small Dev Ops team in a huge company working on a lot of fun things. This is the company.

Where we are: Seattle, WA

I'm looking to add another web developer to my team, we need someone who has a solid background in web development, particularly PHP. We're doing some major renovations of several sites in one of our divisions in addition to rolling out some new ones. In addition to web development we need a person who has strong web design skills as we'll also be doing a bit of rebranding and styling with some sites.

Here's a list of technologies we're working with right now (this isn't complete, just a sample):

• Moodle
  • Alfresco
  • MediaWiki
  • Amazon EC2/S3
  • VMware ESXi

To be clear, this is a direct hire so I'm not looking for a contractor or agency to do the work. Here's a HR approved job description:

Job Details
Company: TIBCO Software
Job Functions: Administrative & Support, Architect, Information Architecture, Web Development

Description
TIBCO Spotfire products offer a visual and interactive experience that helps professionals quickly discover new and actionable insights in information. Distinguished by its speed to insight and adaptability to specific business challenges, Spotfire rapidly reveals unseen threats and new opportunities, creating significant economic value. Spotfire customers include industry leaders among the Global 2000 that have deployed Spotfire analytics to gain an information advantage over their competitors. For more information, visit http://spotfire.tibco.com.

Responsibilities:
  • Contribute to the analysis, design, development and deployment of enterprise application systems using LAMP technology stack, Web services and other evolving technologies.

• Assist in creation of project plans by identifying all required technical tasks & milestones.

• Conducts analysis of business and organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.

• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills across layers of an application.

• Deliver Technical Training concepts to a wide range of technical students.

• Strong desire to learn new technologies and adapt to varying situations. Responds to and addresses issues in a timely manner.

• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Specific Skills
  • Web design and development

• PHP, C#, Java, Python, Ruby

• MySQL and/or experience with other RDBMS

• Basic knowledge of administering Windows and Linux

• Travel worldwide and domestic with 25% travel utilization expected per quarter
Education:
  • B.S. in Computer Science

If you're interested send your resume to me at aosman@tibco.com

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

dolicf posted:

I hear you.

I'll post it here, because I've already had it asked. Due to the way teams are structured at Rackspace and the work type and environment, generally remote work isn't a thing for sysadmins. It's not that exceptions aren't made, it's just that they're very rare.

Keep in mind that the majority of sysadmin work at Rackspace (being a hosting provider) involves supporting multiple clients in a huge variety of configurations. It doesn't lend itself to remote work nearly as well as a traditional sysadmin role working on a handful of environments generally during business hours.

Any clue on the range for Windows II/III guys? I have it made in the shade at my current job, but I've always been curious how RS pays.

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010
Shoot me an email.

whee
Oct 16, 2005
all set

whee fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 26, 2021

Griffith86
Jun 19, 2008
Getting tired of freelancing so here goes nothing!

Graphic/Web Designer
portfolio

Where I'd Like To Work: Surrounding area if possible (Gettysburg, Frederick, Hagerstown, etc)

Experience: I have 1 year of in-house design/development experience and 3 years of freelance experience. I can code HTML, CSS, and some JavaScript (no problem editing it). At one point was capable of coding ASP and Coldfusion, currently teaching myself PHP. I know all of the standard programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc)

What I'm Looking For: Full-time work or Contract work (if it's consistent). I'd preferably like to be in more of a design role because it's what I'm more comfortable with. A relaxed/casual atmosphere would be a huge plus.

Someone hire me.

Griffith86 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 20, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
What I need: Linux Systems Administrator for a college department (CMS, LMS, skunkworks).

Who We Are: We are the Advanced Computing Services at Kennesaw State University, providing CMS, LMS, skunkworks projects, and high-performance computing to Kennesaw State University, the third-largest college in the state of Georgia.

Where We Are: Kennesaw, GA

We're looking to have a full-time systems administrator to keep our servers and services up to date and running top-notch.

Here's a list of technologies we're working with right now:
  • Moodle 1.9/2.0
  • MediaWiki
  • Drupal 6
  • Drupal 7
  • Wordpress
  • Custom Projects
Here's a HR approved job description:

quote:

Apply Here!

Title: IT Systems Support Professional V

Job Category: Staff

Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 years experience OR Associate's degree, Technical certification and 5 years experience.

Desired Qualifications: Linux server expertise is required. RHCE or LPIC is preferred. Ubuntu and Mac OS X server experience is desirable. Experience with Linux high availability clusters and MySQL database replication is preferred.

Experience with VMware server virtualization is preferred. Programming experience in PHP is preferred. Experience with shell scripting/C/Python/Perl/sed/awk/regex/grep is desirable.

Experience with linux high performance computing for computational science or scientific research is preferred.

Posting Department: Online Development Group, aka Advanced Computing Services

Regular/Temporary: Regular

Open Date: 03/19/2012

Close Date: 04/03/2012

Description: This position provides advanced linux systems administration for enterprise level servers that host services for the University by the Advanced Computing Services department. These services include Drupal, Mediawiki, Listserv, Moodle and other open source based projects.

Linux server administration duties will include, but are not limited to: installation, configuration, securing, system upgrades, backup, monitoring, maintenance, and performance tuning. Servers technologies involved include: Linux-HA, MySQL replication, high performance computing and Fibre channel networks.

This position also develops code in support of departmental servers and services. The development work may include writing original code, adapting to an existing code base or contributing to the customization of open source projects for use by the university.

This position does not work with Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory or other Microsoft systems at this time. There are no java programming tasks involved with this position at this time.

Hours per week: 40

Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume

Apply Here!

If you want to contact me with more questions regarding the position or to let me know you have applied, email me ( esembrat@gmail.com ) or PM me. I'm the Drupal Lead Developer and Project Manager for CMS development on campus, so I should be able to provide additional information regarding duties, daily tasks, etc.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 20, 2012

Recycled Karma
Jul 16, 2004
Grimey Drawer
What We Need: We have multiple openings for software developers in a couple of different roles. We're looking for Enterprise Web Developers, C# Desktop Application Developers, and Embedded Software Developers.

Who We Are: A small (~50 people) software engineering firm working primarily in the automotive and medical fields.

Where We Are: Fort Wayne, IN

Job Descriptions:
Enterprise Web Developer
5 or more years of professional software development experience w/ 3 or more years of focused enterprise web application development. Looking for either ASP.NET or Java backgrounds.

C# Desktop Application Developer
Specifically seeking candidates with a strong C# background in addition to the standard software engineering skill set. This person will be a junior engineer on various projects/efforts and will also be responsible for creating builds and creating/maintaining complex installers.

Embedded Software Developer
I don't have much detail on this on as it's a new posting and I'm a desktop developer. Typically we look for C or C++ experience with a focus on real-time embedded operating systems. Our embedded work is mostly automotive so experience with CAN-based protocols is a big plus. We are looking for junior and experienced candidates.

These are all direct hires. If you're interested or want additional information either email me (somethingawful@recycledkarma.com) or PM me.

mattdev
Sep 30, 2004

Gentlemen of taste, refinement, luxury.

Women want us, men want to be us.
I need 2 Portland based developers.

Edit: filled]

mattdev fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 22, 2012

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Looking to fill a position in Windsor, CT

What We Need: A Data center operations technician

Who We Are: (The corporate version and the Wikipedia version) A small department (YOU can be employee #9!) in a decent-sized company (About 7000 employees) that you probably see but don't recognize. You know those mailers for local companies and coupons that you get in your mailbox once or twice a week and the coupons in your Sunday paper? Familiar with the "Have you seen?" flyers? That's us. Great benefits, nice company to work for, frequently on "Best Companies to Work For" lists.

Where We Are: This position is in Windsor, CT but the department is based in Livonia, MI

NOTE: I don't know for certain if this is an afternoon (4pm to Midnight), morning (8am to 4pm) or some hybrid.

quote:

Data Center Operations Technician

Tracking Code
305489-548
Job Description

Title Operations Technician

The Operations Technician is a technical position that provides 1st level support to all Valassis data processing systems.

Responsibilities include installation, monitoring and maintenance of the data center infrastructure as well as providing support for multi-platform systems in a 24x7 fast-paced, dynamic environment.

Additional responsibilities will include providing support for multiple production batch scheduling systems.

Provide phone, on-site and remote configuration, upgrade, problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware and / or the software applications used by Valassis corporate and branch employees.

Document processes and procedures for other staff members

Troubleshoot problems with software, hardware or workstation connectivity.

Manage the Data Center Infrastructure including monitoring the physical environment

Troubleshoot, configure, and upgrade server hardware (replace hard drives, power supplies and RAM)

Provide inventory control for servers, components, and cables

Monitor systems and alerts and respond appropriately

Configure and troubleshoot backups and provide disk recovery

Follow all data center policies and procedures

Perform multi-media tape rotation, prepare off-site storage tapes, and implement data restorations

Monitor electrical, HVAC, and other critical support systems and follow troubleshooting and escalation procedures

Prepare space for system installation, to include racking, cabling, powering, and labeling of all equipment

Required Skills

Two to four-year college degree or equivalent experience

Display high degree of self-motivation and independent decision making

Possess excellent oral and written communication skills

Display ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects and priorities

Display ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly

Display ability to work with team members to implement solutions to meet customer requirements

Possess ability to lift/move 30-50 lbs of equipment on a daily basis

Ability to participate in on call support rotation.
Required Experience

Experience in first level support of Unix, Linux, AIX and Windows operating systems

Knowledge of batch scheduling products

Experienced insystem and network monitoring through enterprise monitoring tools and routine manual checkpoints.

Backups and restore maintenance processes, as well as media rotation and off-site storage procedures.

Possess knowledge of PC client/server configurations, software, connectivity, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair

Experienced in hardware installation and structured cabling procedures
Job Location
Windsor Corp. - Great Pond, CT US
Position Type
Full-Time/Regular

tfederman
Apr 18, 2003

I feel like you're putting your spin on "sex offender."
Also, I vote all gold threads "1"
Who We Are: Come join me and 1-2 other jerks on the Harmonix Music web team

What We Need: (1) Python/Django/Postgres web app developer (1) Javascript/CSS/HTML5 front-end developer for various Rock Band/Dance Central/[redacted] web endeavors. Go here and click Web for complete job descriptions and to see openings on other teams. I'll waive the Python experience requirement for someone with good Rails experience and will learn Python/Django quickly.

Where We Are: Central Square, Cambridge, MA.

Why you should work here: Cool people, great benefits, great city, great games, great food.

tfederman fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 23, 2012

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
Who We Are - We are the largest private automotive dealership management group in the US.

What We Need - A network tech with 1-2 years of experience, also you will handle some field work as well. Primarily focused on networks and backing up the field team. We work with Cisco, HP, Dell routers and switches. We also use 3COM NBX, Nortel, NEC, Cisco, Adtran, and Shoretel phone systems. Experience in any of these systems is a huge plus. We use Untangle and Sonicwall for filtering and some layer 3 work depending on the site.

Where we are - Based in Nashville TN, corporate office in West Palm FL. We have sites all over the country we manage, there will be about 25-50% travel depending on the week. We are always home on the weekends.

Why you should work here - We have a great team and you get to touch every bit of technology. Virtualization, Servers, Networks, VOIP, Storage, Digital Telecom, etc. Also you get to book all of your travel on your personal rewards account, but the company pays for it. So basically free hotels and flights for your vacations. We have a couple of Gulf Streams as well, so occasionally you get to pretend you're a Saudi Prince.

I am the director for the South East for IT, you'll be working directly for me with a team of about 20 other folks. Its a great enviroment, and most days its a regular 9-6 job. We chill on slow weeks and buckle down during the difficult ones. We're all nerds, so we play games, watch Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, and enjoy each other's company outside of work often. If you are a freshly minted CCNA, its a good enviroment to get your feet wet in. We all take care of emergencies, so if the field guys get backed up even I will go out and assist, so you must not be adverse to doing some field work as we all wear a lot of hats here. Pay is DOE, but we start around 50k and go up from there.

Contact me at sbrandon @ amsi2 . com if you are down, or PM me here.

egoslicer fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 26, 2012

Klenath
Aug 12, 2005

Shigata ga nai.
EDIT: Job posting closed on April 16.

Klenath fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 18, 2012

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Got tired of taking my boss' verbal abuse. Complained. He fired me.

Experience: Worked with FedEx's IT Operations team in a datacenter environment for 3 years, ascending from Level 1 monitoring to a specialized team for distributed scheduling and ultimatley to Lead of both groups, managing a team of 10-12. Jack of all trades position from scheduling to windows support to Redhat Linux operator work. Provided primary system monitoring for 500+ servers with event logging, problem escalation, and resolution.

Education: BS in Information Technology
What I'm looking for: Flexible.
Where I live: Orlando, Florida
Where I'm looking: Flexible
When I can start: Immediatley
Requirements: Will discuss.
Can be reached via: PM or email legitimateemail@gmail

Deviant fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 27, 2012

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Filled for now.

Brut fucked around with this message at 06:35 on May 3, 2012

Flu Roo
Apr 13, 2010

Time to put it out there. I've hired several goons in the past, hopefully karma will pay me back.

My experience: 11+ years of IT experience, from tech work to middle management throughout the pharma services industry.

Specific skillsets: ITIL, Sharepoint, Anything Microsoft really except dev work, strong network engineer, strong manager, process consulting

Education: No degree, but lots of experience and a few relevant certs (ITIL, MCSE)

looking for: Employment which results in money. Not too specific at this point. Can be short term to help you get your act together or fill tech work overflow, or long term with growth potential

What I'm NOT looking for: Sitting in a grey box for 8 hours a day with people I don't like. Prefer telecommute or an AMAZING team/culture.

Where I live: 20 miles west of Philadelphia

Where I'm looking: Philadelphia and points west to Lancaster, or Telecommute.

when I can start: yesterday

Requirements: 1099 or W2.

Can be reached via: PM or email kb3yef at gmail

Flu Roo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 28, 2012

timmporary
Jun 18, 2004

hello
Looking to hire

What we need: Entry level .Net developer with some knowledge of SQL.

Who we are: A small business that provides other small businesses with the ability to accept credit cards.

Where we are: Centennial, CO (South Metro Denver, DTC area)

Why you should work here: You'd be working on a bunch of different projects involving a bunch of different technologies surrounded by a bunch of great people. Projects will mostly concern updating legacy applications to C#.Net 4.0, but will also eventually involve mobile development and developing applications for point-of-sale devices and a plethora of payment gateways. Additionally, this is a direct-hire, full-time, salaried position with great benefits.

You would be reporting directly to me and I like to think that I'm not a total jerk. You'll also be working with 2 other guys that have been with the company for a while and are decent human beings. If you're interested, send me a PM or email me at tmarshall@eps(hyphen)na(dot)com.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

duz fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Who we are: Privately owned ~190 employee biochem manufacturing company.
Where we are: Ann Arbor, MI
What we're looking for: an IT Project Manager
When: ASAP

Send me a PM if you want me to pass on a CV, or I can give you the web application link.

blah blah HR job posting posted:

$company is seeking candidates for the position of Project Manager. The successful candidate will be charged with facilitating and ensuring completion of small to large IT projects per the developed project standards and methodology. The role also facilitates communication between the Information Technology department and Cayman business units/entities to ensure project scope is managed and good customer service is provided. Development and maintenance of project methodology best practices and guidelines will be required. This person is also responsible for the planning and estimation of new projects requested, as well as the control and execution of ongoing project initiatives. The project manager is responsible for resource assignments on IT projects and will also be required to oversee contract employee activities. The project manager will lead the development of technical specifications for new and existing applications and will also be involved with the architecture of future systems. The project manager will be skilled as a strong leader, business analyst, application designer, facilitator, organizer, documenter and communicator. This position also plays a key role on the IT Steering Committee as the facilitator and owner of the IT Project Portfolio.

Preferred minimum qualifications include:

• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science.
  • PMI certification required.
  • Minimum 4-5 years managing diverse projects.
  • A demonstrated background in successful project scheduling and delivery.
  • Must have excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills.
  • Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines using analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
  • Customer service and business analysis skills required.
  • Experience leading projects in Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Open Source Web development and Network Systems preferable.
  • Must have experience working in and promoting a collaborative work environment through teamwork and respect.
  • ITIL and/or COBIT certification and/or exposure a plus with a broad knowledge of IT practices and technologies.