Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I'm just saying, as the world of nasty sex acts go, tit loving is pretty tame.

This girl I was dating read in Cosmo or whatever an article that suggested arm-pit humping as a "safe sex alternative". Of course we tried it and it was pretty much impossible to keep an erection with all the laughing and screaming. The same thing happened when we tried using a female condom, but I think the puppet show was what ruined that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bunnielab posted:

This girl I was dating read in Cosmo or whatever an article that suggested arm-pit humping as a "safe sex alternative". Of course we tried it and it was pretty much impossible to keep an erection with all the laughing and screaming.

so basically tit loving is the same as arm-pit sex

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
No. Tits don't usually have stubble between them. I mean sure, there's often a stray nipple hair every once in a while, but if you get a brush burn from tit loving you might end up with a restraining order keeping you 300 feet away from zoos, SPCAs and Alabama.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

so basically tit loving is the same as arm-pit sex
Do you find armpits erotic or sexual?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Goons With Spoons > GWS Culinary Chat: basically tit loving is the same as arm-pit sex

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I would venture to say that the armpit tends to be a more ticklish area then the tit.

Also did a tit-fucker like break into your car or kill your dog or something?

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Phummus posted:

No. Tits don't usually have stubble between them. I mean sure, there's often a stray nipple hair every once in a while, but if you get a brush burn from tit loving you might end up with a restraining order keeping you 300 feet away from zoos, SPCAs and Alabama.

I really did not know women can get nipple hair. Or are you talking about men giving titfucks.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Darval posted:

I really did not know women can get nipple hair.

I made a girl cry in college because of this.

I'm a horrible person.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Darval posted:

I really did not know women can get nipple hair. Or are you talking about men giving titfucks.

Women are mammals.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Seriously, titty-loving looks uninteresting. Now I cannot attest to that fact myself, since none of my previous lovers has had boobs which were long enough to actually wrap around my junk. I am having hopes from my wife though, as gravity seems to gradually elongate them. We may get there when she's 60 at the rate they're approaching her waistline.

Also, a question, is then and than interchangeable?

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 15, 2012

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Happy Hat posted:

Seriously, titty-loving looks uninteresting. Now I cannot attest to that fact myself, since none of my previous lovers has had boobs which were long enough to actually wrap around my junk. I am having hopes from my wife though, as gravity seems to gradually elongate them. We may get there when she's 60 at the rate they're approaching her waistline.

I'm not gonna question what any two consenting adults do in their bedrooms. If you both enjoy it, then go for it.

No, they are not interchangeable. "Then" indicates the next in order as a function of time. "I ate my entree, then I had my dessert"

"Than" is a conjucntional particle that usually accompanies a comparison. "My entree was better than my dessert"

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

Phummus posted:

Show of hands. How many of you cut a hole in a sheet so that you can procreate with the womenfolk without all that sinful nudity?

What the hell, people?

I gently caress like Louis the XVI, I put it in for two minutes, don't move, don't ejaculate and then leave.

From a letter from Joseph II*

quote:

"Imagine, in his marriage bed--this is the secret--he has strong, perfectly healthy erections; he introduces the member, stays there without moving for two minutes, withdraws without ejaculating but still erect, and bids goodnight. It's incredible because he sometimes has nighttime emissions; it is only when he is actually inside and going at it that nothing happens. Nevertheless the King is satisfied with what he does...If only I could have been there! I could have seen to it. The King of France would have been whipped so that he would have ejaculated out of sheer rage like a donkey."

*From another thread, can't remember which.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
That Cock2Cock thing is amazing. I have been entertained all loving afternoon.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Happy Hat posted:

It depends if you want to write like a typical English speaker or if you want to do it correctly. Phummus explained it pretty well; than is comparative, then is sequential.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Heh, exactly. I can often spot the Brits on EU gaming servers from their atrocious English compared to other Europeans.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Ohh, local fancy fried chicken place is doing a lunch special of a fried green tomato BLT... I think I'll have to check that out.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Darval posted:

Heh, exactly. I can often spot the Brits on EU gaming servers from their atrocious English compared to other Europeans.
It's atroshus, idiot.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I like turtles posted:

Ohh, local fancy fried chicken place is doing a lunch special of a fried green tomato BLT... I think I'll have to check that out.

I am often disappointed with fried green tomatoes. Most of the time they're cut way too thick and underseasoned.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

It's confusing, that's all..

Kind of like using "x is different than y" - shouldn't it be "x is different from y" instead? Or is it ok to use than when you compare two? I could understand it if it was in the form of comparing a difference from a subject between two other subjects, but then I guess it should still be from?

And affect and effect is interchangable too...

Also - pronounciation of certain words doesn't make sense either!

Kinda like.. beer...

Beard is pronounced as beer with a d.
Bared is pronounced as bear with a d.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Kind of like using "x is different than y" - shouldn't it be "x is different from y" instead? Or is it ok to use than when you compare two? I could understand it if it was in the form of comparing a difference from a subject between two other subjects, but then I guess it should still be from?

Kinda like.. beer...

poo poo man, I moved around so much as a kid I never got a proper education into all this weird, technical English poo poo. I just read so much I've been able to fake it by feel.

I mean, what the gently caress is a split infinitive, anyway? Or a dangling participle? And plus, I seem to have done just fine without knowing.

Although there was an embarrassing moment in fifth grade when I was reading aloud in class and pronounced 'chaos' as 'chao-os', because my Korean parents didn't exactly speak English at home and I never heard the word aloud before. I mean, I knew what the word meant because I read a lot, but man, did I feel ashamed.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

Kinda like.. beer...

effect and affect are not interchangeable.

effect is most often a noun and affect is most often a verb. This page explains it well: http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/affect-effect-grammar.html

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Affect and Effect are not interchangeable.

Affect (a verb) means 'to influence' "The shaved truffle affected the taste of my pasta dish"

Effect (a noun) means ... hmmm ... an outcome. "I didn't use enough oil in the pan, the effect was that my scallops stuck"

A split infinitive is typically when you have an adverb (it ends in 'ly') after the word 'to'. The classic example is "To boldly go where no man has gone before". It really should be "To go boldly where no man has gone before" to be correct.

A dangling participle just means that the subject of a participle (usually ending in ING) is not evident. "Wishing I could cook, the broken oven taunted me" is a dangling participle, because the "wishing" applies to me, but the only subject in the sentence. "Wishing I could cook, I cursed at the broken oven" is correct.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Phummus posted:

Affect (a verb) means 'to influence' "The shaved truffle affected the taste of my pasta dish"

Effect (a noun) means ... hmmm ... an outcome. "I didn't use enough oil in the pan, the effect was that my scallops stuck"

A split infinitive is typically when you have an adverb (it ends in 'ly') after the word 'to'. The classic example is "To boldly go where no man has gone before". It really should be "To go boldly where no man has gone before" to be correct.

A dangling participle just means that the subject of a participle (usually ending in ING) is not evident. "Wishing I could cook, the broken oven taunted me" is a dangling participle, because the "wishing" applies to me, but the only subject in the sentence. "Wishing I could cook, I cursed at the broken oven" is correct.

Pedant high five. :hfive:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I know, but people use them as if it was the same, without discerning between the different meanings - affect surely is different from effect.

The effect of using affect when you mean effect is negatively affecting the effectiveness of bringing your meaning across.

With regards to the dangling stuff, it leaves me limp.

Edit: I may mean limb, but I cannot hear the difference between the two!

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Mar 16, 2012

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
English is the shattered brandy-glass in the roaring fireplace of language.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

The only real answer to all "WTF English" questions.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

We pay $5.99 for 12 packs of PBR, Hamm's, Olympia, and Busch here. If you're into nasty beer though you can get 24 pack suitcases of Natural Ice for $8.99 or $9.99 depending on which gas station you're buying from. Quarts of Coors, Carta Blanca, etc. are usually 89 to 99 cents. This is a good place for yard beer.

12 cans of PBR here are $18.

:catstare:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Halalelujah posted:

Quite. My god, it must be a hard language to master.

Stupid cat got the tip of her tail bitten off this morning. The vet had to amputate more to get a clean wound. Now she has a cone collar on which she hates, and she is clingy. Poor little thing.

i shoot friendlies
Jun 25, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

They are used interchangeably by the less evolved among us.

Phummus posted:

Come on. Don't start talking infinitives. Now you open the door to some really messy language issues. You can start talking about gerunds, and verbals, and it can participles. I mean, in many languages, things we call nouns are actually verb participles functioning in the nominative. That all can become quite confusing.

Here is a fun exercise: Emphasize each word differently in this sentence to change the meaning:

"I didn't say he stole the money."

Each emphasis completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Happy Hat posted:

The effect of using affect when you mean effect is negatively affecting the effectiveness of bringing your meaning across.
I love everything about this sentence.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

Quite. My god, it must be a hard language to master.

Stupid cat got the tip of her tail bitten off this morning. The vet had to amputate more to get a clean wound. Now she has a cone collar on which she hates, and she is clingy. Poor little thing.

One of my cats has some kind of cat-flu, and I have to give him cat medicine for like ten days. Fortunately he feels too crappy to put up much of a fuss about it. Poor sneezy guy.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

i shoot friendlies posted:

Each emphasis completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

Hah, this is great

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
There's an episode of HIMYM where Marshall is apparently super bugged about Affect verus Effect...

I have to admit it bothers me too, but nowhere near as much as people using Accept/Except interchangeably. ESPECIALLY in situations where it completely reverses the meaning of their message.

"Pay by cash/debit/credit: We now except Mastercard" *facepalm*

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Phummus posted:

This is a split infinitive, yes. However, banning the use of the split infinitive is an attempt by English grammarians to impose Latin syntax (where it is impossible to split an infinitive) on the English language.
See, e.g., http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/split-infinitives.aspx

ulmont fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 16, 2012

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Veggie girl wants some more hits on her blog, so check it out:

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/

She hasn't been blogging as much, because she hasn't been doing the $3.33 a day thing lately due to her new job. At the moment, I don't think she knows what direction to take it.

Also, here is her writeup on Boston's Haymarket:
http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2012/01/haymarket-finds-and-chipotle-spit-pea.html

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Phummus posted:

Correcting someone's English often effects change in that person's affect.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Squashy Nipples posted:

Veggie girl wants some more hits on her blog, so check it out:

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/

She hasn't been blogging as much, because she hasn't been doing the $3.33 a day thing lately due to her new job. At the moment, I don't think she knows what direction to take it.

Also, here is her writeup on Boston's Haymarket:
http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2012/01/haymarket-finds-and-chipotle-spit-pea.html

Oh, Haymarket. How I miss thee (sort of). The last refuge for every star market's manager specials.

Your girlie's blog reads like an afterthought, is this a project for her or what? No recipe? No commentary on how Haymarket came to be, no narrative of fighting the crowd?

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Darval posted:

:( They can.

:flaccid:

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Some girls get lil wispy hairs around their nipples, so loving what?

I tweeze that poo poo with my teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Every girl has nipple hair. It's just usually almost invisible.