Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Drakenel posted:

Ohhhh man I'm going to lose a few friends over this game.

"Hey, hang on."

"What?"

"Catch. :iamafag:"

"YOU rear end in a top hat"

This is pretty much gonna be the best game for this very reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Operation Raccoon City is getting launch day DLC and its exclusive to 360. The upside? You apparently get to control Nemesis :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckOSVEIOX7k&hd=1

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Policenaut posted:

Operation Raccoon City is getting launch day DLC and its exclusive to 360. The upside? You apparently get to control Nemesis :stare:

Well that's depressing. Hopefully it'll come to PS3/PC eventually.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Well I hope that comes out on PS3 otherwise I might need to make an emergency pre-order change.

Controlling Nemesis sounds too cool to be exclusive.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS

Policenaut posted:

I watched that video today, and I was so pissed that it's exclusive. It looks so bad rear end :cry:.

MmmDonuts
Apr 5, 2010
What's the consensus on this game? I'm on the fence about pre-ordering, but I'm just not sure what to expect. It's in Raccoon City again, which I love, the zombies and the hunters and the crimson heads, but now it's a shooter with these special ops assholes. I love the idea that I can kill Leon and Claire and alter history, but... I'm just not sold on it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Well I'll tell you like I told the Uncharted 3 babies. This game is penned primarily a competitive MP game with a co-op aspects like L4D. If you don't buy it right away, don't bitch and blame anyone for the poor almost non-existent multiplayer community 2 months later. The other thing, with DLC being in the wet-works, how much do you plan on buying post launch to keep up with the possibly almost non-existent community?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but in this age of gaming, with however many games having each a segmented community, you have to jump on that when it is new and fresh, There is just no other way around it.

If you just want to offline-campaign, then get the game at bargin bin price ($5 months, tops, probably.)

The other thing, do we know if there is a leveling system, for better EQ or whatever like CoD? (That makes it all the harder to get into the mp community post launch)

MmmDonuts
Apr 5, 2010

Scyron posted:

Well I'll tell you like I told the Uncharted 3 babies. This game is penned primarily a competitive MP game with a co-op aspects like L4D. If you don't buy it right away, don't bitch and blame anyone for the poor almost non-existent multiplayer community 2 months later. The other thing, with DLC being in the wet-works, how much do you plan on buying post launch to keep up with the possibly almost non-existent community?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but in this age of gaming, with however many games having each a segmented community, you have to jump on that when it is new and fresh, There is just no other way around it.

If you just want to offline-campaign, then get the game at bargin bin price ($5 months, tops, probably.)

The other thing, do we know if there is a leveling system, for better EQ or whatever like CoD? (That makes it all the harder to get into the mp community post launch)

Alright, cool. Are we planning on listing our GTs and PSN tags when this comes out?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

MmmDonuts posted:

Alright, cool. Are we planning on listing our GTs and PSN tags when this comes out?

Always a good idea. If someone starts compiling a list for the OP, here's mine. GT: IneffiableFx

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Scyron posted:

We are the community. As long as throwing zombies at one another is amusing, there will be goons playing this game.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Die Laughing posted:

We are the community. As long as throwing zombies at one another is amusing, there will be goons playing this game.

I'm game and all, plus I'm one of those platinum hunters, so I expect to be in for the long haul, but I still don't think the community outside of goons with be very strong.

Once I get the game in hand I'll post my PSN name.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEvQlxSMvIs&hd=1

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD coming this June to PS3 as a PSN exclusive.

They're bundling both of them at launch, but later down the line they'll sell them separately.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Awesome, just the excuse I needed to sell my Wii.

(I'll still buy Xenoblade Chronicles tho)

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Darkside Chronicals is really good, I had much more fun playing that one than I did playing the Umbrella Chronicals. The best part of the whole game was doing the Resident Evil: Code Veronica X story had lots of fun there.

Also do you guys think I can just walk in Tuesday morning and pick up a Collectors Edition at Best Buy. I never got around to pre-ordering it.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Special Edition [Xbox 360] is back in stock on Amazon.

Same day shipping, but the price is back up to $69.96

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Lame shame I have a PS3, I guess Ill have to take my chances with being there at BestBuy super early.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Echo Six DLC is April 10th for Operation Raccoon City it seems. And it's free. And Jill/Nemmy is involved?

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Raccoon City got here a couple days early! I played the first level of the campaign. It's pretty fun, the gameplay is pretty smooth, shooting guys is fun. I did encounter a bug once where my NPC teammates wouldn't move far enough forward and I had to slowly nudge them into place with my body.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

Raccoon City got here a couple days early! I played the first level of the campaign. It's pretty fun, the gameplay is pretty smooth, shooting guys is fun. I did encounter a bug once where my NPC teammates wouldn't move far enough forward and I had to slowly nudge them into place with my body.

:aaa:

So it's pretty fun at least? There's alot of negative feelings toward this game and I'm just hoping it's at least decent.

Also I'm picturing night at the roxbury except resident evil and one person pushing everyone towards an exit.

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004

I'm having a great time so far. Even though the co-op guy who got matched with me had a crying baby and a wife complaining at him the entire time. Also the Welcome to Raccoon City sign that came with the Capcom pre-order is gently caress-off huge and I love it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Really. Would you have expected any less from Capcom? I just laugh and laugh at this point. Maybe you find the choice of music as fitting as I do.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FlashFearless posted:

I'm having a great time so far. Even though the co-op guy who got matched with me had a crying baby and a wife complaining at him the entire time. Also the Welcome to Raccoon City sign that came with the Capcom pre-order is gently caress-off huge and I love it.

I decided to get mine off amazon (locked my limited edition in at $60 and got credit), got an actual photo of the sign? I was a bit skeptical about how big it'd be or how it'd feel.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Policenaut posted:

Really. Would you have expected any less from Capcom? I just laugh and laugh at this point. Maybe you find the choice of music as fitting as I do.

I feel dumb for not getting what this picture is showing :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Momomo posted:

I feel dumb for not getting what this picture is showing :(

It's the 360 copy of Operation Raccoon City, the focused folder is the Echo Six expansion pack DLC already on disc (it could be Nemesis though)

I know the logic and the reasoning and whatever behind it. It just makes me laugh is all. Not quite sure why.

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004

Are we trading PSN IDs in this thread for Raccoon City?

FlashFearless

Got that picture of the sign:

FlashFearless fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 18, 2012

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Getting Racoon City come Tuesday on the PS3, would have gotten the special edition but I had to come back home to another state at the last minute and couldn't change the pre-order in time.

Anyway, I'm excited for this and eager to co-op with some goons come release.

PSN: Dawnfire

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I think there's a full ORC thread somewhere, possibly even linked in the OP. I'd recommend trading gamertags and PSN ID's there. If not, feel free to add put them here, but I won't be adding anything to the OP about it as this is the series megathread, not the ORC thread.

AshTheZombie
Apr 17, 2003
Undead
Decided to pickup a mobile gaming system so I can RE:ORC it up during work.
http://imgur.com/a/RRVHa
I regret nothing.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AshTheZombie posted:

I regret nothing.

Well it's pretty cool looking at least :) Where did you get that? Or did you build it or what?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I think there's a full ORC thread somewhere, possibly even linked in the OP. I'd recommend trading gamertags and PSN ID's there. If not, feel free to add put them here, but I won't be adding anything to the OP about it as this is the series megathread, not the ORC thread.

There isn't an ORC thread yet. I actually wrote one but hadn't gotten around to finding pictures and the like due to the Vita thread taking all my time, but I might get around to finishing it before ORC drops.

If I gently caress that up somehow, I guess everyone can trade gamertags/PSN IDs here.

AshTheZombie
Apr 17, 2003
Undead

Revitalized posted:

Well it's pretty cool looking at least :) Where did you get that? Or did you build it or what?

Both stock off amazon. Umbrella window decal and G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

AshTheZombie posted:

Both stock off amazon. Umbrella window decal and G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System.

That thing looks 80's as gently caress. I hope you wear a Powerglove while playing it.

Famous Blimp Pilot
Feb 19, 2005

More like por qué pine.
Well if anyone wants to start a hot 4-way with some man-on-zombie and man-on-similarly-dressed-man action, just give me a holler.

PSN: BlimpPilot

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was at school yesterday and some guy was wearing a full fledged Umbrella uniform. Campus was loving dead because of spring break and I saw maybe 20 people there all day. I wonder why the hell he was wearing that uniform.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he is where my 3DS streetpass came from.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

NESguerilla posted:

I was at school yesterday and some guy was wearing a full fledged Umbrella uniform. Campus was loving dead because of spring break and I saw maybe 20 people there all day. I wonder why the hell he was wearing that uniform.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that he is where my 3DS streetpass came from.

You're going to feel really dumb when there's Lickers crawling all over your campus someday soon.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

AshTheZombie posted:

I regret nothing.
Does this thing have air vents? It looks like padding all around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

You're going to feel really dumb when there's Lickers crawling all over your campus someday soon.

No I'll slap his fedora off, throw him to the ground and scream "You did this to us!! WHYYYYYYY!?!"

AshTheZombie
Apr 17, 2003
Undead

notZaar posted:

Does this thing have air vents? It looks like padding all around.

The sleeves on either side are removable. Temperatures were fine for the eight hours of gameplay last night though. Hooray Graveyard shift.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on XBOX.com, they have already released some DLC for Operation Raccoon City. In fact they've been available for a couple days now: http://trendygamers.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-dlc-xbox-360/

With all the hubbub about Day-One DLC and Mass Effect, I wonder if anyone will get bent out of joint over pre-Release-day DLC (though probably not, it's just a few costume and weapon packs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blind Sally posted:

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but on XBOX.com, they have already released some DLC for Operation Raccoon City. In fact they've been available for a couple days now: http://trendygamers.com/2012/03/15/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-dlc-xbox-360/

With all the hubbub about Day-One DLC and Mass Effect, I wonder if anyone will get bent out of joint over pre-Release-day DLC (though probably not, it's just a few costume and weapon packs).

Its on disc DLC though so people may be a bit annoyed.