Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Oh, if only Luigi didn't have ears. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bluhman posted:

Oh, if only Luigi didn't have ears. :(

Could you imagine if he turns it around and this ends up being exactly how they take down the Troll King, by sending in No Ears Guy? Holy gently caress, that's exactly what's going to happen, isn't it?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
"WHAT'S YOUR POWER? I DON'T HAVE ANY loving EARS" :smug:

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 17, 2012

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
That became relevant? :psyduck:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Elysiume posted:

That became relevant? :psyduck:

Lazerbot has had this all planned out from the beginning. cu*****nt

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

NutritiousSnack posted:

oval office, my name is a killing word. But it only kills animals not humans.
Your name is oval office?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Frankston posted:

cu*****nt

Sticks and stones.

I wonder if this is another franchise/genre wall he just broke. Granted he didn't write "killphrase" but...

Der Luftwaffle fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 17, 2012

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Above Our Own posted:

Your name is oval office?

It's a Dune reference. :negative:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Wait, so did Luigi use the star and it had no effect, or did he get cuuuuuunt-ed before he could use it?

Also, love the foreshadowing for the Man With No loving Ears to save the day.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Wait, so did Luigi use the star and it had no effect, or did he get cuuuuuunt-ed before he could use it?

Also, love the foreshadowing for the Man With No loving Ears to save the day.

I think it would be a pretty profound moment where the non video game character is the one who ends up saving the day.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

What if Lazy-B has no ears and "no ears guy" is his self-insert?

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:

UnsubRedun posted:

What if Lazy-B has no ears and "no ears guy" is his self-insert?

I've been wanting Rob to be the self-insert all along, but I'm pretty sure it's emo troll. I could be wrong though. Either way, Rob-with-no-ears is the best character. :colbert:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I don't even know what to say about it. He's seriously setting it up for No Ears Guy to stop the trolls once and for all. It's seriously brilliant.

I think what makes this comic really fascinating is that, in spite of initial appearances, this comic is actually telling a coherent story. It starts out as just "Sonic characters murder a bunch of strawmen for the sake of the author's catharsis" (which is really standard Deviantart stuff, all things considered) but quickly becomes a real struggle. The characters aren't just slaying the trolls, they're battling them (and so far, they really seem to be losing). It's interesting and we're actually invested in it past reading it solely for its insight into some crazy kid's mind, because an actual plot is unfolding.

He takes all these bad Deviantart cliches, but takes them just a single step further and ends up making something legitimately entertaining. The characters, while obviously nothing like their source, are all actually consistently portrayed, and he's making up his fight scenes himself rather than just tracing DBZ fights.

I seriously, wholeheartedly think that, if Lazerbot is 14-15 that he will probably grow into a halfway decent writer. And if he's 20 as he says, then he can rest easy knowing he's a far cut above the competition.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 17, 2012

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

nerdbot posted:

I don't even know what to say about it. He's seriously setting it up for No Ears Guy to stop the trolls once and for all. It's seriously brilliant.

I think what makes this comic really fascinating is that, in spite of initial appearances, this comic is actually telling a coherent story. It starts out as just "Sonic characters murder a bunch of strawmen for the sake of the author's catharsis" (which is really standard Deviantart stuff, all things considered) but quickly becomes a real struggle. The characters aren't just slaying the trolls, they're battling them (and so far, they really seem to be losing). It's interesting and we're actually invested in it past reading it solely for its insight into some crazy kid's mind, because an actual plot is unfolding.

He takes all these bad Deviantart cliches, but takes them just a single step further and ends up making something legitimately entertaining. The characters, while obviously nothing like their source, are all actually consistently portrayed, and he's making up his fight scenes himself rather than just tracing DBZ fights.

I seriously, wholeheartedly think that, if Lazerbot is 14-15 that he will probably grow into a halfway decent writer. And if he's 20 as he says, then he can rest easy knowing he's a far cut above the competition.

Given his youtube videos I'd say he's around thirteen. But yeah early comparisons to Chris Chan are misleading. Both stories are "It's so bad, it's good" but for different reasons and with Sonic & Tails being much better written while still being hilarious.

Chris Chan half assed writing a comic he intended to make millions off of by using it only to vent and continue his obsession over Sonic. The story inside was completely accidental. Lazerbot is doing this out to vent, obsess over his interests, and a sincere desire to actually write/draw stuff as opposed to 'have' wrote something. Unlike Chris Chan he isn't half assing anything and earnestly wants to make a comic were Shadow the Hedgehog gets an epic, funny adventure with internet trolls being the main obstacle.

I'll second that notion too. Say what you will about him but he has heart and entertaining as hell.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 17, 2012

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

NutritiousSnack posted:

Given his youtube videos I'd say he's around thirteen. But yeah early comparisons to Chris Chan are misleading. Both stories are "It's so bad, it's good" but for different reasons and with Sonic & Tails being much better written while still being hilarious.

Chris Chan half assed writing a comic he intended to make millions off but used it only to vent and continue his obsession over Sonic. The story inside was completely accidental. Lazerbot is doing this out to both vent, obsess over his interests, and a sincere desire to actually write/draw stuff as opposed to 'have' wrote something. Unlike Chris Chan he isn't half assing anything and earnestly wants to make a comic were Shadow the Hedgehog gets an epic, funny adventure with internet trolls being the main obstacle.

I'll second that notion too. Say what you will about him but he has heart and entertaining as hell.

Thirded. I don't think there really is any comparison between Lazerbot and Chris-Chan anymore, because we all know how Chris responds to perceived trolls, but Lazerbot took the criticism from this thread and used it to make his comic better. Also, from the art style now, I think he can legitimately draw well and he's just dumbing it down to keep with the look of the comic. The boy's got potential, and I think he can live up to it.

razorrozar fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 17, 2012

Post Mater
Feb 15, 2012

Stitch Bitch posted:

I've been wanting Rob to be the self-insert all along, but I'm pretty sure it's emo troll. I could be wrong though. Either way, Rob-with-no-ears is the best character. :colbert:

This just sounds like a big set-up to something awful.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Post Mater posted:

This just sounds like a big set-up to something awful.

Wait, you think WE'RE going to beat the trolls? :raise:

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

FPzero posted:

Goddamn it, now I need to find a good Shadow picture to go with

DONT gently caress
WITH ME rear end
whole

This looks goddamn perfect, seriously.
MEAN
WHILE
I love that he doesn't "get" asterisk censorship.

edit:

NutritiousSnack posted:

"WHAT'S YOUR POWER? I DON'T HAVE ANY loving EARS" :smug:
So glad I didn't read this at work.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

James Trickington posted:

I love that he doesn't "get" asterisk censorship.

I'm pretty sure he "gets" it just fine. That was the joke.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
New page, Lugi's dead and Mario plans

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

we're only dividing ourselves while the enemy gets stronger can't you see this?? :byodood:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Took me a second to parse what "sint" is supposed to be. I guess among his many other talents, Mario's got the nose of a bloodhound.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I'm so excited. What's a sint, though?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Goatse Master posted:

scent

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Goatse Master posted:

Scent, I reckon. Took me all of three readings to reconstruct that loving sentence into humanly understandable terms.

ExtrematronSA
Feb 14, 2012

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Took me a second to parse what "sint" is supposed to be. I guess among his many other talents, Mario's got the nose of a bloodhound.

Well, obviously he's gonna get Yoshi to smell them out. Anything else would just be silly.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
^Beat me to it

Yoshi has the nose of a bloodhound goon sir. Yoshi :colbert:

We're going to see Troll City pretty soon I guess.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 17, 2012

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
A peace of ript shirt

I love this comic

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yoshi has the scent of a bloodhound goon sir. Yoshi :colbert:

Look at that smug little guy, taking a drink. loving Yoshi kills me, every panel he's in is wonderful.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

A peace of ript shirt

I love this comic

That's what killed me this page. Looking forward to Tails actually getting kid napped

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

luigi gave
me it just in
case he
would fail
and he told
me to give it
to you

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Lazerbot draws fighting scenes and locations better than I do :negative:

By the way, I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that Toad had a really big art shift or something. Unless this isn't the same toad, I don't know. Are there two Toads in the storyline now?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Suzuki Method posted:

Lazerbot draws fighting scenes and locations better than I do :negative:

By the way, I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that Toad had a really big art shift or something. Unless this isn't the same toad, I don't know. Are there two Toads in the storyline now?

He's in his troll slaiying vest, duh.

I love this -->
loving comic

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I still think this comic is going to end like Octocat. Calling it now.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
mean
while

I want to know what'll happen next!! :f5:

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love this -->
loving comic

Yeah, me too. And I started wondering if there might be a hidden message in this masterpiece. What happens if you string all the words in smaller font together? I mean, why are some words smaller than the rest? This must mean something.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cyfad posted:

Yeah, me too. And I started wondering if there might be a hidden message in this masterpiece. What happens if you string all the words in smaller font together? I mean, why are some words smaller than the rest? This must mean something.

In the beginning he was trying to fit all the words into the bubbles. Now? The man's got a style to maintain.

Post Mater
Feb 15, 2012

razorrozar7 posted:

In the beginning he was trying to fit all the words into the bubbles. Now? The man's got a style to maintain.

In the beginning, there was but one chaos emerald. The rest came later; the canon was not set in stone, for it was a gift to all for critique and revision. Now it would be a travesty to overlook two like color properties in a game of Monopoly without realizing that an emerald colored gemstone split amongst many hands would be a misuse of its potential, and yet for evil to collect them only for the sake of greed would certainly end in chaos. To simultaneously have a place to park and a pier on which to walk may depress the destitute sorts who have neither, and happen to just be visiting, along for the ride, or just passing over/through.

"sint" may yet be but the lingering aroma of the plebian objectifying fine art, but I do agree the awkward typefacing does detract from the pleasing chaos of the drawn art.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Wait a second, he spells "mushroom" and "kingdom" correct, but totally blows "scent"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
He definitely reads this thread, as well.