Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

What version of the emulator are you using? This was a problem a while ago when Xenoblade came out but I was under the impression that it's been fixed, since. There's definitely custom code patches and user made builds that resolve the issue. I haven't played the game in forever so I honestly don't know what the best build is, anymore. You can try the latest revision for a start: http://dolphin-emulator.com/download.html

I'm using the latest build on Dolphin's website. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Does anyone know how to record both audio and video simultaneously? I can dump video just fine, but I can't seem to get the audio to output to a file.

I have not yet extracted the DSP bios from my Wii to use LLE, but when I get the chance I'll give it a try. Plus I'd like to be able to play Rhythm Heaven Fever with music...

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm using the latest build on Dolphin's website. :(

Well, I wish I still knew the best build for Xenoblade, then. I had a good one but updated it since. Hopefully someone here can share a good, recent build.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Does anyone know how to get Radiant Dawn running well? When I use OpenGL there's a lot of texture flickering (darkening more like), while with directx you of course have the face lines on character portraits. Is there something I'm missing, or am I going to have to either live with one or the other, or just play it on my Wii again?

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Well, I wish I still knew the best build for Xenoblade, then. I had a good one but updated it since. Hopefully someone here can share a good, recent build.

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356
This is the build I've been using, specifically for Xenoblade. It works perfectly.

Funnily enough, I got my wii back from my parents after a couple years last week. I still prefer Xenoblade on my PC, because it looks so much better.

Also, there's a patch that makes xenoblade run at 30fps instead of 24. I love it.

edit: I'm specifically running 3.00-72 from somewhere in that thread. Some people say they have better stability with 3.0-70 or -71 in that thread. I think the DL for that version is around page 9. People have posted their working configs in there, which is where I started out for tweaking my own. Good luck, the game is totally worth it to play at 3x Native. If you need a copy of my version of dolphin, just PM me or leave me a message here and I can toss it up on dropbox or something.

Switched.on fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 15, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Switched.on posted:

Also, there's a patch that makes xenoblade run at 30fps instead of 24. I love it.

I don't understand why the Dolphin guys still haven't fixed that. PAL games that support PAL60 are actually supposed to run at 30/60 FPS rather than 25/50, but a couple of them -- such as Xenoblade, which does run in 30 FPS on real hardware -- don't on Dolphin.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Switched.on posted:

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356
This is the build I've been using, specifically for Xenoblade. It works perfectly.

Funnily enough, I got my wii back from my parents after a couple years last week. I still prefer Xenoblade on my PC, because it looks so much better.

edit: I'm specifically running 3.00-72 from somewhere in that thread. Some people say they have better stability with 3.0-70 or -71 in that thread. I think the DL for that version is around page 9. People have posted their working configs in there, which is where I started out for tweaking my own. Good luck, the game is totally worth it to play at 3x Native. If you need a copy of my version of dolphin, just PM me or leave me a message here and I can toss it up on dropbox or something.

Could you post your build, please? The only one in the 70's I could find there is a 71 that crashes every time I try to launch anything.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Could you post your build, please? The only one in the 70's I could find there is a 71 that crashes every time I try to launch anything.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8271970/x64.zip
There you go. As the file name suggests, it's a x64 build. Good luck! (I just zipped up my folder, so my preferences are probably saved in there...)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Switched.on posted:

There you go. As the file name suggests, it's a x64 build. Good luck! (I just zipped up my folder, so my preferences are probably saved in there...)

Thanks, this one works. I would recommend to anyone who downloads this and is thinking of just overwriting their old folder, to only copy over the exe. Copying over the user folder will not only overwrite settings, but also overwrite all of your save files. Obviously, this is a bad thing.

Znae
Aug 13, 2009

Eviscerating that man on the operating table isn't that big a deal, just go back to medical school real quick and give it another shot.

Switched.on posted:

This version doesn't have support for RVL-CNT-01-TR Wiimote :(

If I had slightly more initiative I'd figure out how to add TR support to this particular build. However getting Visual Studio, decompiling this version of dolphin, adding the code, and recompiling seems pretty involved and possibly out of my league.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

There's a new HD retexture project on the Dolphin forums for Xenoblade (PAL release patched to 30FPS)
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=22102
Warning: There are spoilers in the comparison screenshots in that thread

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
What would be the recommended build to play Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Are there any homebrew alternatives to CleanRip? I don't have a flash drive large enough to rip Xenoblade, and the option to split up the file and swap out drives doesn't seem to be doing what it's intended to do.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Are there any homebrew alternatives to CleanRip? I don't have a flash drive large enough to rip Xenoblade, and the option to split up the file and swap out drives doesn't seem to be doing what it's intended to do.

A flash drive or SD card large enough to rip Xenoblade (technically just dual-layer size, but no 8GB flash thingy actually has 7.91 GB usable, so you'll need 16GB) starts around 12 bucks. And it has many many practical uses besides, even over an 8GB drive.

(Also if you have a phone with a 16GB card or bigger in it and an SD or USB adapter (or just more than 8GB free internally and a Mass Storage mode) see if that doesn't work.)

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 20, 2012

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Last Story is rated 3 starts in the compatibility list. I don't suppose that has changed recently? I really want to play this, but the slowdown in the real Wii is not making it a good prospective, and I was hoping Dolphin would fare better.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Last Story is rated 3 starts in the compatibility list. I don't suppose that has changed recently? I really want to play this, but the slowdown in the real Wii is not making it a good prospective, and I was hoping Dolphin would fare better.

Any slowdown present on the real wii will pretty much almost always be there on Dolphin as well. Dolphin aims to emulate Wii architecture exactly as it is, clock speeds and all.

But to answer your question, yes, it has improved a bit. Today, actually. They just merged the FifoBusy code branch into master and what this basically means for TLS is that desyncs and crashes were fixed. I think it runs fine, now, but I haven't tried it myself.

Their automated build bot is behind, but you can get the latest revision from here: http://www.emucr.com/2012/03/dolphin-git-30-484.html

That commit fixed quite a few things besides TLS, though, read about it here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=a60a0825a334e898832337ad4a66266a645241e9

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 20, 2012

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Sir Unimaginative posted:

A flash drive or SD card large enough to rip Xenoblade (technically just dual-layer size, but no 8GB flash thingy actually has 7.91 GB usable, so you'll need 16GB) starts around 12 bucks. And it has many many practical uses besides, even over an 8GB drive.

(Also if you have a phone with a 16GB card or bigger in it and an SD or USB adapter (or just more than 8GB free internally and a Mass Storage mode) see if that doesn't work.)

I get this, but I was kinda looking for different software, not different hardware.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Any slowdown present on the real wii will pretty much almost always be there on Dolphin as well. Dolphin aims to emulate Wii architecture exactly as it is, clock speeds and all.

But to answer your question, yes, it has improved a bit. Today, actually. They just merged the FifoBusy code branch into master and what this basically means for TLS is that desyncs and crashes were fixed. I think it runs fine, now, but I haven't tried it myself.

Their automated build bot is behind, but you can get the latest revision from here: http://www.emucr.com/2012/03/dolphin-git-30-484.html

That commit fixed quite a few things besides TLS, though, read about it here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/source/detail?r=a60a0825a334e898832337ad4a66266a645241e9

No the FiFo bug only stopped the crashing. There's still the problem where you have to use EFB to ram which rapes the frame rate.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, guess the Wii it will have to be.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I get this, but I was kinda looking for different software, not different hardware.

The only other software is PC ripping software, and that's in the 'hope you got lucky when picking out PC DVD drives and got one that can read the Wii discs' weird track method' category.

Which is also basically hardware. So, uh, nope.

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!
Playing Xenoblade with Wiimote+classic controls (logitech gamepad) and the camera controls are terribly slow. Is it just the game itself? Anybody know a good remedy?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

KarmaticStylee posted:

Playing Xenoblade with Wiimote+classic controls (logitech gamepad) and the camera controls are terribly slow. Is it just the game itself? Anybody know a good remedy?

Here is one.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Looks like I finally managed to make it work. Right after I posted the thread.

EDIT: For reference, I used CleanRip, it ripped into 4 parts (0-3). 2GB pieces. I finally got the combination to work by doing copy /b * xenoblade_chronicles.iso and making sure the directory only had the ISO files in it. Hopefully, that continues to work. It did boot to the title screen, so yay for that.

VVV

MrMoose fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 7, 2012

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
How did you rip your copy? How exactly are the file parts named?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Trying to pair a WiiMote which worked fine but ever since I installed MotionJoy to connect a PS3 controller, I'm having no luck at all. I uninstalled the tool and even the driver and then reinstalled my Asus motherboard's Bluetooth software but I'm getting some error "A supported bluetooth device was not found! (Only the Microsoft bluetooth stack is supported)

Any ideas? Not 100% sure it was the MotionJoy thing that stopped it from working but it most definitely worked several months ago.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Just had to reboot after uninstalling MotionJoy

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 7, 2012

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
I'm trying to play Little King's Story through Dolphin and I'm getting a weird texture bug. It looks like every texture that is supposed to have invisible parts sets those bits to the most common colour instead. So the white flowers on the ground are little white flower sprites, inside a gigantic white box. The cracks and dirt patches are inside brown squares, the leaf textures on the trees are boxy too - you get the idea. Does anyone know what setting I can change to fix this?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Godinster posted:

Trying to pair a WiiMote which worked fine but ever since I installed MotionJoy to connect a PS3 controller, I'm having no luck at all. I uninstalled the tool and even the driver and then reinstalled my Asus motherboard's Bluetooth software but I'm getting some error "A supported bluetooth device was not found! (Only the Microsoft bluetooth stack is supported)

Any ideas? Not 100% sure it was the MotionJoy thing that stopped it from working but it most definitely worked several months ago.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Just had to reboot after uninstalling MotionJoy

You'll need another blutooth device in order to use both RemoteJoy and a Wiimote. That's what I'm using right now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Godinster posted:

MotionJoy

That loving Sned posted:

RemoteJoy

[:spergin:] Come on now, it's Motion In Joy. You know, like a Chinese man who doesn't speak very good english is trying to evoke the joy you get from motion?
People have enough problems finding the drat software without the common forums giving the name wrong.

And RemoteJoy is loving PSP screencast software. It doesn't even use wireless. [/:spergin:]

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Xenoblade is ~9 gigs right? I only got 4 gigs of .iso when I ripped it using Cleanrip. I'm guessing something went wrong, but any idea what?
Sorry for asking this in the dolphin thread, but it seems to be the most appropriate place.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Speaking of Xenoblade, anyone else get a weird problem where everything graphical just doesn't render and the screen is completely black minus lights and the UI?

This happened the first time I went in Tephara Cave, and again during the (somewhat early game spoiler) attack on colony 6, while the mechanon with a face was killing fiora.

Changing renderers (for example, directx to opengl or something) always fixes it, but I'd be curious to know what causes it to happen in the first place.

Using 3.0-235, if it matters.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Xenoblade is ~9 gigs right? I only got 4 gigs of .iso when I ripped it using Cleanrip. I'm guessing something went wrong, but any idea what?
Sorry for asking this in the dolphin thread, but it seems to be the most appropriate place.

You need to select dual-layer disc and probably split the file down into multiple 2g parts.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

You need to select dual-layer disc and probably split the file down into multiple 2g parts.

Sounds good, I'll give it a shot a little later on, thanks!

Moonshine Rhyme fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 13, 2012

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

How much effort is it to get a save game from a Wii to use in Dolphin? I was about to replay Xenoblade Chronicles using the new game+ mode however upon looking at the re texturing project I'm leaning towards replaying it on Dolphin.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Really easy, just copy it to an SD card using the normal Wii system menu and import it in Dolphin at Tools -> Wii Save Import.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Ok, I believe I have everything downloaded proper now, a little more then 8gigs across 4 isos. Is there a good way to combine the iso files, or do I even need to? Some preliminary efforts to play the game have been unsuccessful so far, but I'm still working with the emulator.
Edit: Been trying to use the cmd to do the /copy thing, but having some trouble figuring out exactly how the syntax goes.
Edit2: Was able to get something copied, not sure what the heck it did because it didn't produce anything.
code:

C:\Users\Max>copy /b D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part0.iso+D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part1.iso
 Xenoblade.iso
D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part0.iso
D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part1.iso
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Max>
Any ideas?

Moonshine Rhyme fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 13, 2012

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Here's a weird question:

How do I simulate lightly moving the nunchuck's analog stick? I need to do it for a stupid quest in Xenoblade so a high level dude doesn't notice me through sound.

EDIT: I guess it's just an analog stick in general, not necessarily the nunchuck's

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Edit: Been trying to use the cmd to do the /copy thing, but having some trouble figuring out exactly how the syntax goes.

Try:
copy /b SX4E01.part* "C:\whatever\Xenoblade.iso"

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
For those of you aiming to use this emulator for Xenoblade:
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=14356&pid=203812#pid203812

I've been using this relatively recent build (3.0-496) with a custom patch for the game that cuts down on the garbage sound and it works without a hitch. I think it's the first revision with that patch that also works on 32 bit systems? At least the post makes it sound like it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Edit2: Was able to get something copied, not sure what the heck it did because it didn't produce anything.
code:

C:\Users\Max>copy /b D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part0.iso+D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part1.iso
 Xenoblade.iso
D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part0.iso
D:\Xenoblade\SX4E01.part1.iso
        1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Max>
Any ideas?
look in C:\Users\Max for xenoblade.iso, since that is where you copied it to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
And that's where it ended up, I feel really stupid now :downs:. Thank you both!

• Locked thread