Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I'm furious that Luigi died. Loved the scene preceding the death of the eternal understudy, though.

"Luigi, how!?"
"Sonic's the the robot's deaths gave me the power!"
"Argh! You got the robot's chestplate! So... but wait, that explain's how the robot's death helped you, but why did you let Sonic die?"
"gently caress YOU I HAVE A RAZOR HAMMER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Suzuki Method posted:

By the way, I hope I'm not the only one who noticed that Toad had a really big art shift or something. Unless this isn't the same toad, I don't know. Are there two Toads in the storyline now?

I think he's just getting better at drawing since he started. He's actually shading stuff now. Although, Toad's shirt color did change, so you may be on to something.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I want to say that Toad's black shirt thing he's wearing is what a Toad from a Paper Mario game wore, but I'm not sure and I'm not up for a Mario Wiki crawl right now.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now

Three-Phase posted:

Wait a second, he spells "mushroom" and "kingdom" correct, but totally blows "scent"?

"sint" probably wasn't close enough for a spellcheck to get him the right direction.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Looking forward to seeing how he handles the Peach character.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I don't know what came over me, but I made this.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 18, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cyfad posted:

Yeah, me too. And I started wondering if there might be a hidden message in this masterpiece. What happens if you string all the words in smaller font together? I mean, why are some words smaller than the rest? This must mean something.

Tails Gets Trolled is actually a complex ARG. The smaller letters spell out the URL of a secret website that you need to access to continue the story.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Waffleman_ posted:

Tails Gets Trolled is actually a complex ARG. The smaller letters spell out the URL of a secret website that you need to access to continue the story.

There are way too many smaller words in this comic for this to happen. Maybe if it was like, a secret second novel?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The other smaller words are a series of passwords that you need to enter to unlock each part.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
I've just been on the magical journey that is Tails gets Trolled. I can't wait for the continuation of this fantastic story.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I noticed he has some Homestuck fanart in his DA favorites.

Imagine if THOSE trolls showed up.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

What?

Tails gets kidnapped?
What the gently caress, I didn't expect that!

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Holy piss, is that Doug?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is that Doug Funnie. Like. For real? I don't know how much more of these twists I can take.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Simmerl posted:

What?

Tails gets kidnapped?
What the gently caress, I didn't expect that!

you
dont
get to
ask
the
questi->
->ons
you
dam
troll.

Lazerbot's line breaks are sublime, like postmodernist poetry.

Also Tails is a troll now?

Jackoff Pastorius
May 16, 2010
you
dont
get to
ask
the
questi-->
-->ons
you
dam
troll.

Am I crazy or does the guy who kidnapped tails kinda look like Doug Funnie?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It is just wonderful that Tails was off at a water park while his friends were getting brutally murdered.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dalkalopagus posted:

Am I crazy or does the guy who kidnapped tails kinda look like Doug Funnie?

No, you'd be thinking exactly what I am. :psyduck: This loving comic is getting down right obscure in it's references now.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

NutritiousSnack posted:

No, you'd be thinking exactly what I am. :psyduck: This loving comic is getting down right obscure in it's references now.

Doug is far less obscure than the little fuzzy guy and the robot.
We're talking about a guy who was on Nickelodeon and later got picked up by Disney

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Well Manicured Man posted:

Also Tails is a troll now?

Probably gonna be a misunderstanding like how earlier that troll told Mario that Shadow trolled Toad.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

You know, if there are two major things in life that would define my entire childhood, it would be Nintendo and Nickelodeon. Yoshi's introduction was pretty intense, but I think I'm going to laugh, weep silently, and then laugh again once he starts introducing characters from shows like Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, or The Angry Beavers.
Lazerbot, you deserve all the stars in the sky. :negative:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

And so another turn in this beautiful thing occurs. I swear to god I want a print version of this now.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
All doubt has gone from my mind; Lazerbot knows exactly what he's doing. The reveal of Doug as the kidnapper is sublime. Adding my voice to the calls for a print version.

Edit: oh, and

'hey
wake
the
gently caress
up'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just glad we finally know who Sonic's girlfriend is. It was Amy.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Doug Funnie?

My God. I cannot WAIT to see who else is in those hoods.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
All these twists and turns! Lazerbot, you truly are the G. R. R. Martin of sonic fandom.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Someone should make some nice .cbr files out of these to read in comic readers. They might need to be chopped up a bit because they're tall images.

Vain
Aug 1, 2005
It kinda looks like he's attempting some depth of field in that first panel with the selective blurring.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I fully expect a run through of all the classic Nick cartoons if that ends up being Doug and it will be glorious. Skeeter as a potential troll sounds awesome.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I don't know if :psyduck: or :stare: is the appropriate reaction to this comic anymore. Probably both at the same time. Doug?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Oh man Roger Klotz HAS to be a troll. PLEASE.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Wait, Tails was at the water park while all this poo poo was going on? :psyduck:

Also, I guess the arrows means he's back to Gimp?

nuts_rice
Sep 6, 2010

Ohhh Yog Soggoth, be my teenage dream boat ;)
And now we just have to wait for Tails to get on his PC and find a message from Karkat....
Also holy poo poo. Doug. I'll bet Sonic's girlfriend is Patti Mayonnaise.

nuts_rice fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 18, 2012

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I used to love Doug when I was a kid and I must say that I didn't even think Doug until others mentioned it. I think this character might just have a certain resemblance to the character or that style of animation. Given that you can't see his trademark hair, he could also be Roger Klotz, I guess. I dunno.

I think he's just some random character. After lazerbot reads this thread again he might decide to make it Doug and run with that angle anyway, which would be interesting I guess...

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Some Other Guy posted:

Given that you can't see his trademark hair, he could also be Roger Klotz, I guess. I dunno.

Roger was green. :colbert:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arschlochkind posted:

Some of us don't look at the world through a racial lens.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Arschlochkind posted:

You're right, plus he had more beady eyes and a pointier nose.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Some Other Guy posted:

I used to love Doug when I was a kid and I must say that I didn't even think Doug until others mentioned it. I think this character might just have a certain resemblance to the character or that style of animation. Given that you can't see his trademark hair, he could also be Roger Klotz, I guess. I dunno.

I think he's just some random character. After lazerbot reads this thread again he might decide to make it Doug and run with that angle anyway, which would be interesting I guess...

He pretty much confirmed this is Doug in the comments for this page on DA. He also mentioned that he's "gonna have his friend too". I am seriously, seriously on the edge of my loving seat in anticipation. I'm F5ing his gallery like a motherfucker.

Starving Wolf fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 18, 2012

Vicco
Sep 13, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Someone should make some nice .cbr files out of these to read in comic readers. They might need to be chopped up a bit because they're tall images.

Well, you're in luck, because my friend made one! I posted it early on in the thread but nobody noticed, but it's been updated pretty much right now. Here it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
I have to say, the first thing that face said to me was 'Charlie Brown', rather than 'Doug'. Given that he's already gone through Daffy and Bugs, maybe it's time for another classic franchise?