Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just finished the Rannoch missions. I felt like I made the most agreeable decisions, given the circumstances. I let Legion upload the Reaper code and warned the Fleet - somehow that was the Renegade option? I lost Legion in the process but it seemed like there was no way to simultaneously save him and not lose the Quarian Fleet. What happens if Tali is dead in ME2? Do you just not go to Rannoch at all?

Edit: What happens if you sold Legion to Cerberus in the last game? Anything special?

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerDestroyer
Jun 27, 2006

PureRok posted:

This sounds interesting. What's it called?

As he said, it's a book series called "The Dresden Files". It's about a private investigator in modern times who is also a Wizard and he solves supernatural problems. There's kind of a lovely tv series out about it as well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Just finished the Rannoch missions. I felt like I made the most agreeable decisions, given the circumstances. I let Legion upload the Reaper code and warned the Fleet - somehow that was the Renegade option? I lost Legion in the process but it seemed like there was no way to simultaneously save him and not lose the Quarian Fleet. What happens if Tali is dead in ME2? Do you just not go to Rannoch at all?

I think Legion always dies, if you don't resolve the standoff he goes to strangle you and Tali stabs him in the back with that boot knife she's always had but never used. If Tali is dead then you don't get any squadmate to replace her but her place in that set of missions is replaced by a stand in who might as well be called Tali B.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

exquisite tea posted:

Edit: What happens if you sold Legion to Cerberus in the last game? Anything special?

He shows up as a unique enemy in the Cerberus Headquarters

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

DerDestroyer posted:

As he said, it's a book series called "The Dresden Files". It's about a private investigator in modern times who is also a Wizard and he solves supernatural problems. There's kind of a lovely tv series out about it as well.

He means the Roman Legion and Pokemon one, that's Codex Alera.

Is the heavy weapon in the last part of the Priority: Earth fight on the side of the street the truck is or not? I thought the Banshees and Marauders kept spawning (or at least the Marauders) until you hit the button.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

CaptainCarrot posted:

Are you sure you need to be consistent? I'm fairly sure I got pissed exactly once on my first run and went renegade, and I still got him to pull a Saren.

Same for me. Everyone keeps saying that you need to be consistent, but I'm sure I wasn't.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
The rachni mission was fairly unpleasant but that bit near the end where the devs said "well, let's just drop a bunch of enemies right on top of the player" really sucked, even as a sentinel. I don't know how an engineer would be able to survive that.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.

NihilCredo posted:

Holy hell this game's difficulty is a rollercoaster. I didn't get any challenge whatsoever after the Grissom mission, so after a while I moved up from hardcore to insanity, and I still barely had any challenge for the rest of the game.

Then I get to the endgame and the Kai Leng fight was the first pain in the rear end, I won it after a few tries mostly because there seemed to be fewer phantoms/nemesis than usual. Now I'm pretty far into Priority: Earth and it's been great fun, tough but perfectly beatable with good tactics... except now I'm at the point where you get told via radio that your flank is being overrun and you get attacked by a bunch of marauders and two Banshees really close, and it's loving TOUGH. I don't know what the hell those Banshees ate for breakfast but I can't even take down the first one before it gets to my squadmates, and when I revive them there's either a bunch of marauders flanking us or the second Banshee is already in melee range with full barriers still up.

Any tips on this fight? Infiltrator (w/ Energy Drain) with Tali and Ashley as squadmates, so this is the first time I've had trouble with brutes/banshees.

It might be hard to set up, but the Lasers that Harbinger is firing at you can actually kill the enemies as well. I was running like hell from two Banshees and a bunch of maruders when they all vaporized. It was awesome.

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Is there no way to disable the visor on the Blood Dragon Armor? I just started up another playthrough because I am a massive sucker, but despite setting helmets off in cutscenes that stupid visor still shows up every time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chairon posted:

It might be hard to set up, but the Lasers that Harbinger is firing at you can actually kill the enemies as well. I was running like hell from two Banshees and a bunch of maruders when they all vaporized. It was awesome.

That's not Harbinger, it's just a Destroyer-class.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hunted by a freak posted:

Is there no way to disable the visor on the Blood Dragon Armor? I just started up another playthrough because I am a massive sucker, but despite setting helmets off in cutscenes that stupid visor still shows up every time.

It disabled in conversations for me. The game is iffy what it calls conversation though. Some pre-mission cutscenes don't count, I don't think.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It disabled in conversations for me. The game is iffy what it calls conversation though. Some pre-mission cutscenes don't count, I don't think.

Games also iffy in terms of your teammate's helmets. One time James just failed to render in what I think was his DLC suit, so people were talking to an invisible man.

Chairon posted:

He actually isn't up to that part yet. There's no reaper fire at that point. After 2 Banshees and marauders, you face 5-6 Brutes, 3 at a time and then >4 other Banshees (enjoy!), which is when the Destroyer-reaper starts firing again. Fortunately you don't have to kill the last few Banshees since it's a timed event, though.

messagemode1 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 19, 2012

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

You're right, I realized just after I posted that it was because of an edited coalesced I'm using adding two of every unique armor set to your inventory. I was just using the one that the helmet won't come off of for some reason. :downs:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the hell is up with Grissom Academy, inside the Atrium? You can't charge, you can get shot and killed in the weapon wheel, blowing up turrets from the other side of the map instantly kills you, and I have to hammer the button for it recognize my prompts. The rest of the game has been fine until now. What the gently caress?

Also dick move keeping the instant kills in singleplayer.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

What the hell is up with Grissom Academy, inside the Atrium? You can't charge, you can get shot and killed in the weapon wheel, blowing up turrets from the other side of the map instantly kills you, and I have to hammer the button for it recognize my prompts. The rest of the game has been fine until now. What the gently caress?

I'll assume you're a vanguard. I had the same exact problem at that point, all I can really say is take that part slow, it's really one of the only areas that happens. Biotic charge is kinda wonky sometimes and won't always trigger, but it's especially bad there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Primetime posted:

I'll assume you're a vanguard. I had the same exact problem at that point, all I can really say is take that part slow, it's really one of the only areas that happens. Biotic charge is kinda wonky sometimes and won't always trigger, but it's especially bad there.

Yeah. Singleplayer feels like a gently caress you to vanguards half the time. But I'm also hitting a lot of bugs here too.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I think you're supposed to be able to avoid them. One of the games loading screen tips mentions that you can break the sword from a phantom but, I haven't noticed any prompts indicating that you can break them.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug

RickDaedalus posted:

Yeah, I think you're supposed to be able to avoid them. One of the games loading screen tips mentions that you can break the sword from a phantom but, I haven't noticed any prompts indicating that you can break them.

You break them by shooting them, which also works in multiplayer.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

That fight was balls-hard as a vanguard when I went there almost immediately. It was piss-easy as a sentinel when I waited almost as long as I could.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
Can I get Jack without an ME2 save? I played ME2 on 360, then my 360 blew up so now I'm playing ME3 on PS3. I already did Grissom Academy and she wasn't there.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Can I get Jack without an ME2 save? I played ME2 on 360, then my 360 blew up so now I'm playing ME3 on PS3. I already did Grissom Academy and she wasn't there.

Get her to appear, you mean? No, I don't think so.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
Has BioWare talked about any kind of patch for the game? I didn't play ME2 right at the release so I'm not sure how they handled any launch issues. Just dump out fixes with the first DLC? poo poo just seems like it isn't polished.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Chairon posted:

It is actually fairly easy to set up Take cover behind the very first truck, the right side to be exact, just stay there and all Reaper beams should kill any Banshees coming for you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Do the 75 points in War Assets you get from promoting a level 20 N7 character stack? I ask this because I'm kind of interested now in making a total fuckup Shepard who gets everybody killed, breaks alliances, saves no one, and still wins the day because of some N7 buddies. Yes, I know this would take a considerably long time to do.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

exquisite tea posted:

Do the 75 points in War Assets you get from promoting a level 20 N7 character stack? I ask this because I'm kind of interested now in making a total fuckup Shepard who gets everybody killed, breaks alliances, saves no one, and still wins the day because of some N7 buddies. Yes, I know this would take a considerably long time to do.

They stack.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

CheeseSpawn posted:

Was she your LI from ME2 and did you break it off ? If yes, I dont think you can give the dossier to Miranda. Seems like a few other people had this problem. including myself. I can't confirm it because there's no reason to go back through the game.

Nope, definitely not. But I guess I'll get to try it again. Just downloaded the DLC and started another playthrough as an adept. Also playing on hardcore this time. It's a lot harder, but I think that has more to do with not knowing how to use adepts effectively yet, and not having a single squad member yet with overload.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

exquisite tea posted:

Just download the save editor and do it that way if all you want to do is a novelty rear end in a top hat run.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HoveringCheesecake posted:

Has BioWare talked about any kind of patch for the game? I didn't play ME2 right at the release so I'm not sure how they handled any launch issues. Just dump out fixes with the first DLC? poo poo just seems like it isn't polished.
I never had any issues with ME2 on launch that I can recall, 3 just seems to be missing the polish.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I never had any issues with ME2 on launch that I can recall,

There were bugs here and here, getting stuck on geometry, both Shepard and enemies. Nothing major.

Probably the biggest thing was the issue with Conrad's quest.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

I know that my ME2 will still crash if I'm staring at the Reaper reactor core when it opens, so from my perspective their support isn't so hot!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

There's already been one patch.

http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-patches

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Schubalts posted:

There's already been one patch.

http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-patches

If it doesn't fix the ending, get the gently caress out.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PureRok posted:

This sounds interesting. What's it called?

Codex Alera. Every person is born with an elemental spirit as their innate Pokemon, giving them abilities and a friend. The main character doesn't have one, so he's got to *~learn things~*. The series ends with a friggin' Dragon Ball Z-style "flying around, shooting lasers" fight. Lots of decent ideas, but Butcher's ending kinda stumbled.

Will doing Priority: Rannoch make a shitload of side missions become unavailable?

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Dan Didio posted:

Get her to appear, you mean? No, I don't think so.

Kinda stupid how Jacob is my old buddy even if I never played ME2 but Jack won't even show up unless I hosed her before. I'd love it if there were flags you could set as to who you had, who survived, etc. beyond just Kaidan or Ashley.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Kinda stupid how Jacob is my old buddy even if I never played ME2 but Jack won't even show up unless I hosed her before. I'd love it if there were flags you could set as to who you had, who survived, etc. beyond just Kaidan or Ashley.

Jack showed up for me, and all I did was her Loyalty Mission.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Urdnot Fire posted:

Jack showed up for me, and all I did was her Loyalty Mission.

Ok, well then it's kinda silly that Jacob is my old buddy even without an ME2 save, when Jack won't show up without an ME2 save involving her.

In my ME2 game, Jacob sat on the ship the whole time.

If I had never played ME2, both of these characters would mean nothing to me, so why is one my old buddy and the other is nonexistent (except for Dr. Chakwas reminiscing about her)

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

I wish you could speak directly to Glyph, if only so that he wouldn't say things like 'have a pleasant day!' right before you fight the decisive battle for the galaxy. At least have the little guy wish you luck like everyone else!

Boofy fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 19, 2012

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I may be in the minority here, but I liked the ending. I chose synthesis, and it's very transhumanist, with synthetics and organics living in harmony in the end.

Edit: The best part about getting to the ending is no longer having to avoid the spoiler tags.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Ok, well then it's kinda silly that Jacob is my old buddy even without an ME2 save, when Jack won't show up without an ME2 save involving her.

In my ME2 game, Jacob sat on the ship the whole time.

If I had never played ME2, both of these characters would mean nothing to me, so why is one my old buddy and the other is nonexistent (except for Dr. Chakwas reminiscing about her)

Pretty sure a non-import game defaults your squadmates as not having been loyal in ME2. And if you didn't do Jack's loyalty mission then I'm pretty sure she would have no reason to become a beloved teacher at Grissom Academy, because she would still hate everyone and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

There were bugs here and here, getting stuck on geometry, both Shepard and enemies. Nothing major.

Probably the biggest thing was the issue with Conrad's quest.

I'm glad they referenced that for Conrad's appearance in ME3. "I'm sorry if I accused you of pulling a gun on me, even if you didn't. I was under a lot of stress at the time."

That whole exchange was really funny - I laughed at a video game's attempt at humor, and that never happens. Does Conrad get shot for real if you didn't help that girl at Chora's Den? That seemed like a really random insert.

• Locked thread