Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

What was the MSRP of the GT500 last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Fifty Three posted:

What was the MSRP of the GT500 last year?

I think 49500 with destination and without svt. Compared to 55000 with destination and without svt.

$5500 to get a buttload more horse power.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
The configurator is up on ford.com too. I'll take one like this please:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

coolskillrex remix posted:

0-60 numbers mean so little to me now, unless its a car like the GT-R with launch control you will almost never replicate the 0-60 numbers CONSISTENTLY unless you are a very very good driver. This car will struggle to put the power down if you do not launch perfectly. Hell, look at the tt-rs, 3300 pounds nd does 0-60 in 3.6s with 330hp? All due to launch control and gearing. Put a GT500 and a tt-rs on the same track and chances are a 650hp gt500 will beat the pants off of it.

Tell me about it. It's stupidly easy to overpower the tires in my '11, I can't even take it drag racing on the 20" stock wheels and tires because one run will be fine and the next is just a loving mess. I need to get drag radials but I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge procrastinator.

Edit: just priced a '13 on the Ford site, and to get one specced out like my '11 it's $64k! That's $10k more than mine was. The option prices must have increased as well.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 16, 2012

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Tell me about it. It's stupidly easy to overpower the tires in my '11, I can't even take it drag racing on the 20" stock wheels and tires because one run will be fine and the next is just a loving mess. I need to get drag radials but I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge procrastinator.

Edit: just priced a '13 on the Ford site, and to get one specced out like my '11 it's $64k! That's $10k more than mine was. The option prices must have increased as well.

That's why I don't feel bad about the power increase over the 2011/2012's. I have enough trouble driving mine around in the city already. If it rains, I'm hosed when trying to merge. I couldn't imagine driving this car with 600 lbft of torque. It would be like trying to drive it in the snow.

....but that's not stopping me from doing some modifications. I really need to get a set of drag radials as well.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

OrganizedEntropy posted:

That's why I don't feel bad about the power increase over the 2011/2012's. I have enough trouble driving mine around in the city already. If it rains, I'm hosed when trying to merge. I couldn't imagine driving this car with 600 lbft of torque. It would be like trying to drive it in the snow.

....but that's not stopping me from doing some modifications. I really need to get a set of drag radials as well.

I just ordered a Competition axle-back for the '11. My first mod!!! I know it's not a power-adder, but I am excited for the sound.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I kinda want to get one to replace my '12 GT, but double the price for an extra 200 unusable horsepower is convincing me otherwise.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I just ordered a Competition axle-back for the '11. My first mod!!! I know it's not a power-adder, but I am excited for the sound.

I hope you understand how loud they are. It's definitely not for everybody and all your neighbors will hate you.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Sweet jesus, it sounds amazing(ly loud)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1JSO1KU27Y

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

frozenphil posted:

I hope you understand how loud they are. It's definitely not for everybody and all your neighbors will hate you.

Luckily my neighbors understand my cars, and I have to basically idle it into the alley to get it into my garage, so it will be ok. <crosses fingers>

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

I wonder how bad the cross border markup will be on the new GT500... I'm trying to decide between it or the ZL1 (I have an irrational love of the ZL1 even tho I don't care for the base Camaro at all, yes it's weird) as my next car, but I have a feeling it will be well into the 60s Canadian.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Lt. Jebus posted:

or the ZL1 (I have an irrational love of the ZL1 even tho I don't care for the base Camaro at all, yes it's weird)

I'm the same way. The small body kit adjustments make a real difference in the looks department. I'm sure the interior and visibility will remind me why I don't like the Camaro the moment I try it out, though.

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

kimbo305 posted:

I'm the same way. The small body kit adjustments make a real difference in the looks department. I'm sure the interior and visibility will remind me why I don't like the Camaro the moment I try it out, though.

Having a proper steering wheel, shift knob and the micro-suede inserts at least help upgrade the look of the interior a lot over the base Camaros, but nothing will help having the visibility of a German bunker.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Looks like the 2013's are headed to dealers now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ9kUOwnDaA

Can someone explain to me why auto manufacturers are putting such lovely screens into their cars. Heres what a $500 new ipad looks like in a ford...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EwXgiwv_E&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d78bd3FUAAAAAAAAAA

I guess putting something with a decent screen and interface means that ford doesnt get to charge $1000 or whatever for a $100 screen.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Can someone explain to me why auto manufacturers are putting such lovely screens into their cars. Heres what a $500 new ipad looks like in a ford...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-EwXgiwv_E&feature=g-u-u&context=G2d78bd3FUAAAAAAAAAA

I guess putting something with a decent screen and interface means that ford doesnt get to charge $1000 or whatever for a $100 screen.

There's vehicle code issues as well. In California you can't have a monitor unless its just navigation/vehicle info/external camera view. No point putting an amazing screen in since you're not going to use it for anything but that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ipads are not made by union workers. Triple heart bypasses for retires don't come cheap.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Can't choose the rear end, other stuff is missing from the configurator too. ?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Well I cant afford a Boss or GT500 yet so I got to make do with what I got. Next week or the week after, my Mustang is coming out to play. I already have a list of must do's...

I am pretty sure, the first thing is the Mach 460 has to go because the audio is so flat in my car. Since I don't know a whole hell of a lot about car audio. I am hoping this is just about getting a good amp that can handle my after market head unit and sub and the rest of my stock audio. Hopefully my local car audio shop can help me without destroying my wallet.

Then the week after I'm going to get my subframes redone and replace the steering shaft with a Maximum Motorsports steering shaft. I really want to get a torque arm too. I dont know if its better to do coil overs to all 4 corners 1st and do a torque arm next year. Should I just do coil overs in the front and get beefier regular springs for the back or what... UGGG!!! I just cant afford to do both at the same time.

Finally I want to get after market seats. I want something that hugs my legs, back and sides. I really don't want the logo of the chair to be sewn in either. Seeing a CORBEAU or RECARO just destroys the "stock" look of the car. Im looking at the leather corbeau seats but drat they are expensive! the Recaro's are in the insane Im not gonna spend $3000 category.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 18, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

New wheels installed, thanks to this thread. Lowering springs and suspension will go on soon. Anyone want to buy some old brembo wheels?!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

New wheels installed, thanks to this thread. Lowering springs and suspension will go on soon. Anyone want to buy some old brembo wheels?!

Something looks odd, not sure if it's the angle or lighting or what. What size are those wheels?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

frozenphil posted:

Something looks odd, not sure if it's the angle or lighting or what. What size are those wheels?

18x10s. I think it's the angle and the fact the back is higher than the front in 5.0s. The springs I got should lower the front 1" and the back 1.5" to even it out.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Parkin' hard, brah.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I can't find any data on stock dyno values for the 2012 GT500. Can somebody help me out here?

Edit: More accurately, it's advertised at 550HP, but is that at the flywheel or... what?

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 18, 2012

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Every single car manufacturer who lists hp is listing that hp from the crankshaft/flywheel.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 18, 2012

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

Fifty Three posted:

I can't find any data on stock dyno values for the 2012 GT500. Can somebody help me out here?

Edit: More accurately, it's advertised at 550HP, but is that at the flywheel or... what?

It's 550 hp at the crank. At the rear wheels it'll be making closer to 480 hp.

OrganizedEntropy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 19, 2012

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

New suspension on:

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass
Removing the oil filter gives quite abit of extra clearance for bolting up the driver's side. As a result, I ended up doing an unscheduled oil change.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6232/6848824274_9f59782a71_z.jpg

Carefully removing the O2 sensor from the driver's side manifold.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6057/6994945063_e97bb20fbf_z.jpg

Headers are in!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7139/6848823066_3f2be4b7d1_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6994947501_586c4cd3d5_z.jpg

The absolutely best tool for installing headers on a V8 Mustang. Ratcheting box end wrench with flex joints, this was pretty much the only way to tighten the bolts on the drivers side flange.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7130/6994943987_95920c47bd_z.jpg

In between these pictures and running I also had to hook up the O2 sensors, reinstall the starter, reinstall the dipstick, reinstall the intake ducting, the air filter, the MAF sensor, the motor mount bolts and the battery.

And as requested, the open headers video. The car runs, barely. My custom tune from Lethal Performance should be showing up pretty soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWKF6Q8UDHE

OrganizedEntropy fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 19, 2012

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

That is quite the shop.

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

frozenphil posted:

That is quite the shop.

That's a corner of our warehouse. Contrary to belief, our business has nothing to do with the automotive industry, haha.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Those headers are beautiful god drat. Looking at the stock ones compared to those the gains with a tune should be ridiculous.

How big is your x pipe diameter btw?? looks loving huge

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

Those headers are beautiful god drat. Looking at the stock ones compared to those the gains with a tune should be ridiculous.

How big is your x pipe diameter btw?? looks loving huge

The headers have 1 7/8" primaries leading back to 3" midpipes with a 3" x pipe. They are American Racing headers and the fit and finish on them was fantastic. All the sections easily fit together, and I have no problems getting it to hook up with the factory sleeve flanges that Ford uses on the OEM catback.

Definitely a HUGE improvement over the last two sets of Dynatech LT's that I installed. They required quite abit of percussive therapy and adjustment to get them to fit.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Saw the 13 GT500 at the Atlanta auto show yesterday. It was gorgeous. Really like the rear LED tailights in person. Pictures don't seem to do them justice.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

OrganizedEntropy posted:

The headers have 1 7/8" primaries leading back to 3" midpipes with a 3" x pipe. They are American Racing headers and the fit and finish on them was fantastic. All the sections easily fit together, and I have no problems getting it to hook up with the factory sleeve flanges that Ford uses on the OEM catback.

Definitely a HUGE improvement over the last two sets of Dynatech LT's that I installed. They required quite abit of percussive therapy and adjustment to get them to fit.

I think my cousin installed 3" heart throb x pipe on his, i dont remember it looking that huge though. 3" is the standard size for most after market xpipes for 5.0s right?

OrganizedEntropy
Jun 17, 2005
Carnot Can Kiss My Ass

I think my cousin installed 3" heart throb x pipe on his, i dont remember it looking that huge though. 3" is the standard size for most after market xpipes for 5.0s right?

Most of the ones I've seen for the 5.0 are 3".

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDnrBlgIqI&hd=1
Seeing the track apps in this video... mehhh. I'll get the standard GT and spend the saved $5000 on Brembos, shaker 500 and maybe Recaros.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
That is a standard GT, isn't it?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

That is a standard GT, isn't it?

Yep, all that goodness is on the new GT.

I really love the standard HIDs and I feel like it's nit picky but all I think when I see those slits in the hood is what a bitch it's going to be to keep clean. Nothing collects car wax, pollen, bird poo poo, leaves etc like scoops like that in hood. I've always liked in on the GT500 which is usually going to be a garage queen but on a more common GT I think it's a little much.

That said I'm really happy Ford is putting lots of smiles on peoples faces and keeping the Mustang updated. It seems like Chevy is letting the Camaro sort of die on the vine with no real updates since 2010 and that makes me happy. I'm super excited for the 2015 model I just hope they don't make too many compromises for the global market.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Looking at the options on the configurator, I think that's a fully loaded premium GT. The standard GT doesn't get leather or a racing stripe.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh boy flashing lights and annoying radios that cost $2000 to fix 3 days beyond warranty. I want a value edition that gets rid of all that and replaces it with a supercharger at the same price. I would crank my own windows for a supercharger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Looking at the options on the configurator, I think that's a fully loaded premium GT. The standard GT doesn't get leather or a racing stripe.

You can't get anything good the base GT. It's cloth everything and plastic as far as the eye can see on the GT. To get sync/leather/decent stereo and other goodies you need to step it up to the premium. It's basically the way the car was meant to be and you can tell.

The base models there so ford can hit a price point.