Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
I lose my poo poo every time he introduces another random character from pop culture. Those character dump pages are way funnier than they have any right to be.

voodoobadger posted:

New page!!

Am I going crazy, or did he cross out the T in witch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

I lose my poo poo every time he introduces another random character from pop culture. Those character dump pages are way funnier than they have any right to be.

Am I going crazy, or did he cross out the T in witch?

Someone mentioned earlier that it's most likely an unintended effect from the grass behind it. The fact that it's the T is just a coincidence.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Songbearer posted:

I still have my doubts that any of this is real though :colbert:

I was on the fence at first, as well, but spending some time on his Youtube channel eliminated any doubt for me.

NoneSuch posted:

You guys are worrying me, it's just a cheesy internet comic which isn't very good on any level. It's funny but the enjoyment comes from the terrible plot and art, there really isn't anything to ruin here. The more characters which get added the funnier it is. I just like seeing how he's going to draw each one and their inevitable backstabbing/death.
I disagree. Tails Gets Trolled is superior to all other Sonic fanfic I've seen, not only in plot and creativity, but in coherence as well. Most video game fanfic that people write is just incomprehensible gibberish, like the infamous Mario Meets Kirby story by Daniel Ruchames. This is a short excerpt:

On the way Mario got way off course and happened to stumble into Dreamland where Kirby was facing Wispy Woods, and just when Whispy was almost defeated Mario threw a hammer at him and Kirby won! Mario grabbed the star rod thinking that the star on the top was a starman but just as Mario had almost lost Kirby, Kirby got the fire ability and torched Mario until he gave Kirby the star rod and to pay for all the mischief twelve maxim tomatoes and three pep drinks just for storage, but Mario said "What are pep drinks and maxim tomatoes?" Kirby replied "What are pep drinks and maxim tomatoes, what are you going to ask me next what is candy?" "no" said Mario.

This is funny because it's bad. You can tell the guy had some thread of a story (however uninspired) in his mind, but he was completely incapable of expressing it in any kind of meaningful way. Someone did a Newgrounds animation of the story that highlights the narrative incompetence by employing a doggedly literal interpretation of the text. Again, the humor here is entirely because the source material is terrible.

This is not the case with Lazerbot. You always know what's going on in Tails Gets Trolled and the plot goes in directions that are both surprising and satisfying. (I was genuinely stoked when Sonic went to the mountain and sought counsel with the Egg Man, for example.) I know that some people see this as evidence that Lazerbot is The Uber Troll, but again- just watch the YouTubes. The person who classified this as outsider art early in the thread really pegged it.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

He's actually stated on deviantart that the youtube channel used to be his brother's, but he's taken it over so a lot of the earlier videos are not his.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Radiapathy posted:

This is not the case with Lazerbot. You always know what's going on in Tails Gets Trolled and the plot goes in directions that are both surprising and satisfying. (I was genuinely stoked when Sonic went to the mountain and sought counsel with the Egg Man, for example.) I know that some people see this as evidence that Lazerbot is The Uber Troll, but again- just watch the YouTubes. The person who classified this as outsider art early in the thread really pegged it.

Lazerbot is what happens when you have people like Henry Darger grow up with Sonic the Hedgehog and MSpaint on their laptops.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 20, 2012

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

What the hell could possibly be taking up all that space underneath the covers? :tinfoil:

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

23 Flavors posted:

He's actually stated on deviantart that the youtube channel used to be his brother's, but he's taken it over so a lot of the earlier videos are not his.
But he is in the videos.

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,

Corridor posted:

You are a bad person.

This goon speaks the truth. I would trust my newborn baby in this goon's hands. That's how trustworthy his word is.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

Crunk Abortion posted:

A different font from where it was copied from a dictionary app that tried to make sense of a butchery of "Coinidence." See also: Medieval Age

This actually just blew my mind. Once in a while there are people just too perfect to be real, but they are.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Despite no ear man being on the cover, he's yet to appear in the comic. :(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

This actually just blew my mind. Once in a while there are people just too perfect to be real, but they are.

Honestly, I think a lot of his tweaks and "weird artistic choices" are deliberate. It's too much work to offset single words the way he does, unless it's on purpose. He also clearly switched back to using The GIMP after some of us remarked about the missing "arrows." So he's clearly taking our feedback on how to make a "terrible" comic to heart.

But even if it's a deliberate attempt to make crap, that doesn't make it any less amazing. :swoon:

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Olivil posted:

Despite no ear man being on the cover, he's yet to appear in the comic. :(

Fear not, for Lazerbot is simply biding his time for the big reveal.

And apparently predicting future posts at the same time:

Yodzilla posted:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

NoneSuch posted:

You guys are worrying me, it's just a cheesy internet comic which isn't very good on any level. It's funny but the enjoyment comes from the terrible plot and art, there really isn't anything to ruin here. The more characters which get added the funnier it is. I just like seeing how he's going to draw each one and their inevitable backstabbing/death.

:frogout:

You even have an avatar. How dare you.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

What the hell could possibly be taking up all that space underneath the covers? :tinfoil:

I'm more curious as to how a being that is a perfect sphere can flatten out like that.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 20, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Ms. Pacman had to start her career somewhere, I guess.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

NoneSuch posted:

gently caress you
troll

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone who says to stop making suggestions in the thread. If Lazerbot keeps changing things because goons told him to, is it really his comic anymore?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's up to Lazerbot how he reacts to his fans. I think it'd be interesting to see what nonsensical poo poo we can get added as he attempts to please us. How far will he let us compromise his artistic vision?

Either way, it's all in good fun.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

lazerbot is really working his rear end off for us!

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

I really like that lazerbot uploads a new comic as soon as he has finished drawing it.

Edit: beaten by a few seconds

23 Flavors fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 20, 2012

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
This is so goddamn captivating.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I feel like the plot is bordering on stagnating.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Is it me, or is he using apostrophes correctly more often?

Perhaps too often? :tinfoil:

Metal Gear Biscuit
Aug 29, 2005

Metal Gear Biscuit (n.) - A Bipedal mecha shaped like a biscuit.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

He also clearly switched back to using The GIMP after some of us remarked about the missing "arrows."

You do know there is a button to make arrows in MSPaint, right?

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Dusseldorf posted:

I feel like the plot is bordering on stagnating.

That's because barely anyone is dying. He built up an army now so it's going to pick back up.

e: I can't wait to see Cheeto Man go out.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Trainmonk posted:

That's because barely anyone is dying. He built up an army now so it's going to pick back up.

e: I can't wait to see Cheeto Man go out.

Guaranteed DeeDee is a troll and does him causing Dexter to go into his ultra muscle form and then take on King Troll.

It will be glorious.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So basically Sonic was right this entire time, there didn't have to be any villains because Trolls were created and instigated by the prejudice and cruelty of mankind? And furthermore using violence to solve this crisis is pointless because this is a conflict stretching almost a thousand years now? If anything Shadow is only serving to help flame on the conflict between trolls and normal people! He's the real villain in all of this.

My God!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

FrenchToasty posted:

:frogout:

You even have an avatar. How dare you.

I like the comic I've just not slipped into the madness of like liking it :)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

So basically Sonic was right this entire time, there didn't have to be any villains because Trolls were created and instigated by the prejudice and cruelty of mankind? And furthermore using violence to solve this crisis is pointless because this is a conflict stretching almost a thousand years now? If anything Shadow is only serving to help flame on the conflict between trolls and normal people! He's the real villain in all of this.

My God!

And in the end the only one living will be him, alone as he contemplates his folly for the eternity his immortality will now grant him.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
So I guess he develops the wakka speak later on in life?

I hope he survives this whole story. I don't want to have to tend to the widow Pac-man

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
We're getting into some Game of Thrones poo poo in this comic now.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?
So I made a stab at the request for a modified version of A Christian Dirce painting.

I don't know who the 'tall mother fucker' is really meant to be.

e: tables.

Death by Meteor fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 20, 2012

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Death by Meteor posted:

So I made a stab at the request for a modified version of A Christian Dirce painting.

:aaaaa:

This is - I don't even have a response. There are no phrases that can capture this glory.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Death by Meteor posted:

Beautiful, but it needs the guy with no ears.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Death by Meteor posted:

I'm tempted to put this on my wall.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

spregalia posted:

Beautiful, but it needs the guy with no ears.

I knew I forgot someone. :(

I was trying to incorporate everyone who was at the scene of Daffy and Bug's demise.

Anyway, here's an updated version that includes guy with no ears.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It be pretty much perfect if you put some of the characters onto the balcony.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

It is literally perfect

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Death by Meteor posted:

I knew I forgot someone. :(

I was trying to incorporate everyone who was at the scene of Daffy and Bug's demise.

Anyway, here's an updated version that includes guy with no ears.

If you want EVERYBODY who was at the scene of their death, you forgot Silver "The Money Guy" the Hedgehog. But no one gives a poo poo about him.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

nerdbot posted:

If you want EVERYBODY who was at the scene of their death, you forgot Silver "The Money Guy" the Hedgehog. But no one gives a poo poo about him.

So I crammed in some more people. I thought about adding Silver "The Money Guy", but I didn't give enough poo poo to draw him.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Death by Meteor posted:

So I crammed in some more people. I thought about adding Silver "The Money Guy", but I didn't give enough poo poo to draw him.

Don't forget to reverse the L on Luigi's hat!
:goonsay:

Seriously, though. A true work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:aaa:

You have wallpaper sized versions available, right?