Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

This is a really dumb question to ask this late in the series, but could someone tell me the name of that little short guy who has his eyes closed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
I can't stop laughing at Knuckles in that picture.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

23 Flavors posted:

This is a really dumb question to ask this late in the series, but could someone tell me the name of that little short guy who has his eyes closed?

I think that's just a moogle from final fantasy.

It's not a moogle? It looks really close if it's not.
VVVV

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 21, 2012

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

23 Flavors posted:

Pretty sure it's Teemo from League of Legends.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

Lazerbeam posted:

Pretty sure it's Teemo from League of Legends.

Ok thanks, I guess I should've figured it was from League of Legends from his introductory description but I don't play that game so I wasn't sure.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is Teemo from the League of Legends. And he's called "The Bastard" in the troll slaiyers squad because he's designed to be annoying to play against.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Saddr Weirdr posted:

Just catched up with the thread, and I have to say this comic is absolutely captivating. And hilarious. But I guess pretty much everyone agrees on that. I just wanted to share another webcomic this reminded me of, Hitmen For Destiny. It also features badly drawn artwork and poor spelling, as well as an epic and cleverly convoluted storyline, humor, and lots of violence. Since it concluded, I've been craving for something like it, and I guess Tails Gets Trolled hits all the right buttons to become the next crazy comic masterpiece.

Saddr Weirdr, thank you SO MUCH for this. It's so loving amazing. I'm like 1/3 of the way through now and I'll be so sad when it ends. Everyone, this is a must-read.

If anyone knows of more poo poo like this, tell me about it. :allears:

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
After spending pretty much all day reading Hitmen for Destiny in its entirety, I'm just sort of blown away. From its nonchalant ultra-violence to the myriads of fantastic monsters that are all painstakingly explained and given intelligently-devised ecological backgrounds, it's a god damned mspaint masterpiece. The characters are brilliant, especially Lostclock and Vorte.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I gotta say that last panel, especially the end, has some capitivating storytelling. Lazorbot is where it's at folks.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Everdraed posted:

After spending pretty much all day reading Hitmen for Destiny in its entirety, I'm just sort of blown away. From its nonchalant ultra-violence to the myriads of fantastic monsters that are all painstakingly explained and given intelligently-devised ecological backgrounds, it's a god damned mspaint masterpiece. The characters are brilliant, especially Lostclock and Vorte.

The author's spiritual sequel, The Accidental Space Spy, is also good. Simpler art, but the evolutionary craziness is back in spades, this time involving alien behavior and societies. There's also a convincing explanation of the purpose of culture, and one promised for the concept of war.

Warm and Crunchy
Mar 1, 2012

arachnobot posted:

If anyone knows of more poo poo like this, tell me about it. :allears:

I really like Demon Planet and Monster Killers by J Chastain. It can be confusing coming into it, since he tends to jump around arcs and return to older arcs without warning. There's also quite a few standalone strips.

Here's an archive with links to various arcs from both comics, as there's some crossover and now they're all hosted on monsterkillers.com. Unfortunately it doesn't include anything after 2010. http://monsterkillers.com/archive.html

There are a few places you could start:

from the very beginning with "LION MAN"

Or later, there's an arc starring Poppy, who briefly appeared in Lion Man's arc but didn't do much. It sort of starts out as a series of one-offs where he dies in each one. This is where I started. After a few (non-canon?) deaths he comes back for a longer arc titled "NIGHT TIME MEDICAL COLLEGE," which is my personal favorite.

It ends abruptly and the author moves his comic to monsterkillers.com, where he picks up a different arc about the Monster Killers introduced during Demon Planet's run. Here he returns to black and white drawings on graph paper, where before he experimented (quite successfully) with color. He returns to color with the Saw parody "Trapz" which quickly segues into "Mystery Bears," which then segues into the return of Lion Man. There's a bunch of stuff that happens after that but it'd take a lot to explain.

Anyway, here's one of my favorites.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I can't stop laughing at Knuckles in that picture.

He makes a good lurking perv wearing a diaper.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I like how Trollson isn't altered at all. His look is truly timeless!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Warm and Crunchy posted:

I really like Demon Planet and Monster Killers by J Chastain. It can be confusing coming into it, since he tends to jump around arcs and return to older arcs without warning. There's also quite a few standalone strips.

Here's an archive with links to various arcs from both comics, as there's some crossover and now they're all hosted on monsterkillers.com. Unfortunately it doesn't include anything after 2010. http://monsterkillers.com/archive.html

There are a few places you could start:

from the very beginning with "LION MAN"

Or later, there's an arc starring Poppy, who briefly appeared in Lion Man's arc but didn't do much. It sort of starts out as a series of one-offs where he dies in each one. This is where I started. After a few (non-canon?) deaths he comes back for a longer arc titled "NIGHT TIME MEDICAL COLLEGE," which is my personal favorite.

It ends abruptly and the author moves his comic to monsterkillers.com, where he picks up a different arc about the Monster Killers introduced during Demon Planet's run. Here he returns to black and white drawings on graph paper, where before he experimented (quite successfully) with color. He returns to color with the Saw parody "Trapz" which quickly segues into "Mystery Bears," which then segues into the return of Lion Man. There's a bunch of stuff that happens after that but it'd take a lot to explain.

Anyway, here's one of my favorites.

Only Satan has enough.

Glory→
ous.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

23 Flavors fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 21, 2012

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

ive found
Survivors

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Everdraed posted:

I did the same thing, and it was a hell of a ride. I love the evolutionary biology behind every single one of the monsters, and the "Passion, Lies, and Fungus" segment is pure brilliance.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

though's dreams.

You guys are right, he is using more apostrophes!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He seems so relieved that the trolls are attacking.

Maybe a little stone that they are attacking, even.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm watching the BBC documentary about Richard Bacon. Apparently Troll Hunters are real. No mention of troll slaiyers though.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

This loving thread is amaz-
ing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey guys remember when I said I would work on something? gently caress no you don't.
well, I would've finished this a bit earlier hadn't it been for surprise visitors.

ENJOY: http://youtu.be/OdLx_EYYlfo

(SERIOUSLY DO CLICK IT, it took me a lot more than I want to admit).
I tried to replicate Lazerbot's shading while using the NES color palette. It was hard!
(also if anyone wants any of the robot master portraits just say so)

Nexus42
Jul 5, 2003

Sorry for the Inconvenience

ArfJason posted:

Hey guys remember when I said I would work on something? gently caress no you don't.
well, I would've finished this a bit earlier hadn't it been for surprise visitors.

I tried to replicate Lazerbot's shading while using the NES color palette. It was hard!

This is a great contribution, I laughed a lot. Thank you. I might be interested in a Kitty Man portrait.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Does anyone have that imgur link to the whole comic? Is it still up to date?

ArfJason posted:

also this is incredible.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Jackie D posted:

Does anyone have that imgur link to the whole comic? Is it still up to date?

Here it is. It's missing the most recent page, but I'm sure it'll be updated soon.

ArfJason posted:

This is great. You're great.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

ArfJason posted:

I was expecting "batman man" but
bat->
->man

works too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Nexus42 posted:

This is a great contribution, I laughed a lot. Thank you. I might be interested in a Kitty Man portrait.

have all of these
http://imgur.com/a/eeR2T

EDIT: I'm surprised noone noticed the watermark in the middle

Thanks for liking it! I really appreciate it.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 21, 2012

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

ArfJason posted:

Oh you are just absolutely incredible, I love it.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

ArfJason posted:

I love how sadistic CLOWN MAN looks.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ArfJason posted:

I'm surprised noone noticed the watermark in the middle

I caught that. The whole thing is very well down.
I wonder how long it will be before some nutcase makes a sprite swap rom.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This is the canon backstory for Pac-Man's origins, I think.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For a second I thought you meant like this is what Namco had in mind all along.

...Unless, wait, you probably did.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

nerdbot posted:

This is the canon backstory for Pac-Man's origins, I think.

He will now eat the ghosts of his former friends.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Data Graham posted:

For a second I thought you meant like this is what Namco had in mind all along.

...Unless, wait, you probably did.

Pac-Man becomes a jaded ghost hunter in his teen years before rising to kingship. Watch the genesis of his rise to power in his battle against trolls and witness the backstory no one wanted in Namco's new game, Pac-Man: Other P.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

There is absolutely no good way to explain this story to anyone who doesn't understand the true depths of the internet.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Col. Justice posted:

There is absolutely no good way to explain this story to anyone who doesn't understand the true depths of the internet.

"Who's Tails?"

"Trolling? What's that?"

"They pulled out his eye?!"

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Nilbop posted:

"Who's Tails?"

"Trolling? What's that?"

"They pulled out his eye?!"

What happened to his ears?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

What happened to his ears?

What?

ive got no fuckin ears

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh god why does this exis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010